• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Wonder how his special techniques(Gungnir, All-Seeing-Eye) translate into numbers. Does he have the ability to mix Sei & Dou already? Man, he is really showy about his names.
@Smuthunter: Maybe change the wording up a bit to avoid repetition? Call him pompous, or say he's putting on airs.

Great work Eternity ;)
Unelemental said:
Wonder how his special techniques(Gungnir, All-Seeing-Eye) translate into numbers. Does he have the ability to mix Sei & Dou already? Man, he is really showy about his names.
Yeah, if someone can give me a hand with them he would do me a favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sei+Dou thing was likely something he pulled out of his ass right then considering how Ogata acted, something he had been setting up that had yet to happen until then.

Gungnir I'd probably probably have it something like letting him aim for a 0 tick action once he'd fought against someone for say 10 ticks per dot the enemy has in martial arts, maybe have it as Auto-successes if combined, Seikuken + Inner Eye, yeah that makes sense, Inner eye = 0 tick Aim, combination = 3 dice Auto success while he has there rhythm?

Want me to do a full write up of the techs Alexander?

Alexander said:
I read them, but I don't understand. How do you use it? How are the various techniques used?
Ah, right. Well, here's an example from the nWoD corebook; more than this, and you'll need to actually get the corebook, by whatever means:

Fighting Style: Kung Fu
Merit (Background) • to •••••
Prerequisites: Strength ••, Dexterity ••, Stamina •• and Brawl ••

Effect: Your character is trained in one of the many forms of Kung Fu, conditioning his mind and body for the purposes of focus and self-defense. He may have begun his training at an early age, following in the footsteps of family or friends, or he may have joined a school as an adult for the purposes of exercise or protection.

Dots purchased in this Merit allow access to special combat maneuvers. Each maneuver is a prerequisite for the next. So, your character can't have "Iron Skin" until he has "Focused Attack." The maneuvers and their effects are listed below, most of which are based on the Brawl Skill.

Focused Attack (•): Physical conditioning and accuracy allow your character to deliver blows at vulnerable spots on targets. Penalties to hit specific targets are reduced by one. See "Specified Targets," p. 165. Even when a specific part of an opponent is not targeted, armor penalties to your character's Brawl attacks are reduced by one.

Iron Skin (••): Your character has hardened his body to physical blows, allowing him to withstand repeated hits with minimal effect. He has an effective armor trait of 1 against bashing attacks only.

Defensive Attack (•••): Your character has mastered the ability to fight defensively. When using this maneuver, your character gains +2 to his Defense for the turn, but any attack he makes suffers a -2 penalty. He can move no more than his Speed while performing a Defense
Attack maneuver in a turn.

Whirlwind Strike (••••): Your character can unleash a storm of blows against an opponent. He can make a number of extra Brawl attacks for each point of Dexterity that he has above 2 in a single action. Each extra attack is made at a cumulative -1 modifier. Thus, he can perform a total of two attacks at Dexterity 3 (the second of which is at -1), three attacks at Dexterity 4 (the third of which is at -2), and four at Dexterity 5 (the fourth of which is at -3). All attacks must be on the same target.
Drawback: Your character cannot use his Defense against any attack in the same turn in which he intends to use this maneuver. If he uses Defense against attacks that occur earlier in the Initiative roster, before he can perform this maneuver, he cannot perform the maneuver this turn. He is too busy bobbing and weaving out of the way of attacks.

Lethal Strike (•••••): By focusing his might and concentration, your character can kill or maim an opponent with a well-placed strike. A strike inflicts lethal instead of bashing damage. Drawback: Spend one Willpower point per attack. Note that this Willpower expenditure does not add three dice to the attack.

Now, these aren't *too* good compared to charms, unless we're using quest-reward backgrounds instead of XP-purchased ones, but I think they may be a good way to model mortal martial artists. Of course, when I say "not too good", I'm excluding Fencing, which is better than some nWoD supernatural abilities, and does horrible things to vampires:

Fighting Style: Fencing
Merit (Background) • to ••••
Prerequisites: Dexterity •••, Weaponry •••

Effect: Your character is trained in the art of fencing. He likely learned this skill at a fencing academy, and is familiar with the sport in more than a passing capacity.

Dots purchased with this Merit allow access to unique combat maneuvers using fencing weapons. Each maneuver is a prerequisite for the subsequent maneuver. So, your character cannot have "Feint" until he has "Thrust." These maneuvers and their effects are described below. All maneuvers are based upon the Weaponry Skill.

Fencing is meant to be performed with specific swords. The maneuvers below can be used without penalty provided your character is using one of the following swords: curved sword, fencing sword, rapier or sword cane. Any other type of sword incurs a –1 penalty against any of the maneuvers listed below. (For more information on swords as melee weapons, see Chapter One.)

Thrust (•): The thrust is a simple yet powerful attack. A fencer's stance (one leg anchoring your character's position and the other leg lunging him forward) gives this attack extra force. When your character makes a thrust attack, plunging the blade toward an opponent, he does so with a +1 bonus.

Feint (••): Your character knows how to make a fake attack intended to throw off an opponent. Make a "normal" attack roll (Strength + Weaponry), and this roll is penalized by the opponent's Defense, par usual. This attack is fake; it does not strike the foe or do any damage. If your character achieves even a single success, however, the opponent is momentarily confused and off-balance, and may not apply her Defense against the next attack she suffers (which may be from your character the following turn or may be from some other source beforehand).

Riposte (•••): A Riposte requires an attack to be made against your character. He steps out of the way of the attack using his Dodge (i.e., her Defense, doubled). While his opponent is open, he can then make a sudden and quick attack, which is performed at a –1 penalty. However, the opponent's Defense does not further penalize the attack roll. Drawback: If your opponent suffers any further attacks on a turn where she has used Riposte, she cannot apply her Defense against them.

Moulinet (••••): If your character makes a successful hit on an adversary with his sword, he may then rotate his wrist and perform a quick spiral cut with the tip of the weapon. This additional cut requires no additional roll; the cut does lethal damage to the opponent equal to your character's Dexterity. Drawback: To perform this maneuver, the character must spend a Willpower point before he makes her initial attack roll. The Willpower does not grant him the additional +3 to attack. If the initial attack roll fails, the Willpower point is wasted and the Moulinet may not be added.

EternitynChaos said:
The Sei+Dou thing was likely something he pulled out of his ass right then considering how Ogata acted, something he had been setting up that had yet to happen until then.

Gungnir I'd probably probably have it something like letting him aim for a 0 tick action once he'd fought against someone for say 10 ticks per dot the enemy has in martial arts, maybe have it as Auto-successes if combined, Seikuken + Inner Eye, yeah that makes sense, Inner eye = 0 tick Aim, combination = 3 dice Auto success while he has there rhythm?

Want me to do a full write up of the techs Alexander?
Oh yes. The Charm you make are the best 8)
The Slumbering Crocodile said:
Ah, right. Well, here's an example from the nWoD corebook; more than this, and you'll need to actually get the corebook, by whatever means:

Now, these aren't *too* good compared to charms, unless we're using quest-reward backgrounds instead of XP-purchased ones, but I think they may be a good way to model mortal martial artists. Of course, when I say "not too good", I'm excluding Fencing, which is better than some nWoD supernatural abilities, and does horrible things to vampires:
Uhm, I see. I admit this sound a good way to handle martial arts techniques for DxD. I will try finding the book, thanks.

Yaaa, someone likes my charms /laugh

Gungnir is built into the interaction between Seikuken and Inner Eye

I don't think Odin will have learned Seidou Goui yet so I won't stat that unless you really want me to.

Inner Eye
Cost - (1wp)
Type: Sense
Min: 3 MA, 3 Per, 3 Temperance
Duration: Once Scene or until Rhythm is broken
The Inner eye is a Technique learned by all Martial artists, and is one of the keystones to mastery. Ryūto paces his opponents and memorizes their attack pattern in order for him to react before the opponent can. This Technique requires the Martial Artist to fight there opponent for a number of 10 ticks equal to 1 + the difference between there MA scores, or 1 if there isn't a difference. This is broken only if the opponent changes rhythms, such as if they change Form charms or similar (this is left up to the ST, but it is possible to use Social Attacks to throw the rhythm off even in mid-combat), in this case it takes at least 10 ticks to regain rhythm, more if your opponent is particularly tricky or skilled, or crazy
*Once Active the Inner Eye allows the Martial artiest to always act as if they have taken the time to fully Aim there attacks.
*He Also adds 1 + the difference in his and his opponents MA score (if he has the higher, if not he adds a flat 2) to all his DV
*When Combined with the Seukuken it grants the ability to pay 1 WP to gain up to Temperance automatic successes on all attacks, and reduces the penalty's on flurry's to nothing as long as there are no more attacks then the Martial Artist has Temperance for 1 tick

What about Ryusui Seikuken? Or is it just abbreviated as Seikuken?

its an evern more high tier version, only Kenichi, the Elder, and Takeda know it, and Takeda only knows a half-assed version he learned from seeing Ken-chan, though the fact he managed just shoes how talented he is

Great update, Alexander. Here are some grammar issues I noticed. Hope it helps. I'll get my vote out of the way first though.

[X] Are you girls ready for round 2?
--[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."

-------

Corrections:

Alexander said:
Drawing from your Personal Pool Essence flows into your fists, making flesh as iron and your blows as hammers.
Missing a comma after 'Pool'. Unseparated as it currently is, the subordinate clause runs into the main clause beginning with 'Essence'. The capitalization also adds to possible confusion.

Your fist hits his skull with a booming noise, sending him flying backwards until he hits a stack of sand's sacks someone left there.
I'd recommend using 'sand-filled sacks', though the rhyme with 'stack' makes the entire phrase a bit awkward regardless. The point is that you are using a possessive ('s) incorrectly. The sacks do not belong to the sand, nor are they part of the sand.

You tense, expecting him to jump up and counterattacking. Seconds slowly tick....
Replace 'counterattacking' with 'counterattack'. The 'and' means the verb is still subordinate to 'expecting' and thus you don't use the gerund (-ing) form.

Some delinquents are knocked out already. Yang is choke holding one in each arm. Ruby has her staff buried into the guts of an unfortunate pal.
I would suggest changing the first sentence to read, "Some delinquents have been knocked out already," as the action occurred before Issei looked around. Also, 'pal' is just an odd word to choose for this situation. Maybe thug or guy instead?

Those that decide to try they hands at you are quickly put down with a punch in the guts each, while you evade their pitiful attempts with almost casual ease.
Bolded should be 'their'.

'Did I overdone it?' Your ask your mentors.
The most natural way to say this would be, "Did I overdo it?" This is one of those colloquial things, so don't worry about not catching it. Also, 'your' should be 'you'.

"As are you." This is another word order issue. My suggested correction is the equivalent of "You are too." SVO - Subject, Verb, Object. There's no object here, just an adverb so it can be a bit more flexible in placement.

Before coming inside your reach he suddenly turns around and jump backward in a splendid demonstration of natural grace.
'jumps'

"What's wrong?" He yells. His pupils are dilatated...
'"What's wrong?" he yells.' The first word of a framing sentence for speech is always uncapitalized unless using a proper noun or beginning the sentence.

[He's a battle maniac. Should have been born dragon.]
"Should have been born a dragon." Don't forget the article (a, an, the).

You grab his shirt and raise him in the air before slamming, obviously holding back, his body on the ground.
The number of objects makes this one a little more awkward, but you shouldn't have subordinate clauses interrupting a participial phrase. It's almost but not quite what is commonly called a dangling participle. I would suggest something along the lines of, "...slamming his body on the ground with less than your full strength."

Amazingly, he doesn't pass out. He wheezes and coughs, more blood coming out of his mouth. He shakily tries to stand up once more, but he manages only a few centimeters before falling down again.

"Che." He weakly says over his ragged breath. "Defeated in three hits. Just when I was starting to have fun..."

You crouch down next to him. "You don't have fun often?"

"Everyone else is so slow...like snails. They are so boring...I am having nothing but boredom those days...I am sick of it."

Frustration for having his desires negated then. Hardly an excuse, but it's a problem that can be easily resolved. "Don't feel so bad." You reassure him. "My teachers are amazingly powerful people that trained me under hellish training. You are strong, but they are monsters."

"Hooo~ I want to meet them."

You grin. "Maybe. Let me deal with the leftover stuff and then we can talk about affairs. I think I can do something about your boredom." To make him atone for his mistakes of course.

Gently you drag him to one of the sand's sacks still whole and lean him against it. When you walk back to Yang and Ruby is to see them standing on a sea of downed bodies. "How it went?"
Same issue with the sand as mentioned previously. Beyond that, you dropped a word in the second sentence. Try, "When you walk back to Yang and Ruby, it is to see them standing on a sea of downed bodies." And for the last sentence, you need a past tense rather than just perfective - it's something that happened out of focus in the past, not something just done. Replace it with, "How did it go?" or for a more casual form, "How'd it go?"

Nice update... And I expected more resistance than that from Berseker. Well, c'est la vie.

--[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."

This is going to be fun. To take down several pegs to Odin is going to be catartic... and I think that is going to make things for Kenichi more difficult in the long run if we have to fight him here. And we are going to get the interest of Ogata, and those are very bad news.

And I fear the day that Azazel and Koetsuji will meet. They are too similar (and Akisame learns at a speed comparable to a exalted) and I dread the day that the start to exchange training tips (Poor Ise and poor Kenichi...).

Right, think I've finished editing in everything I forgot into the second Technique /laugh. Well, if nothing else, Ryuto lives up to his monsterous self with those combined if nothing else ^^; if he has Temp 5 he's got a Min of +7 on top of his normal Parry and Dodge DV when its all running ouch

Honestly, those 2 Techniques I should probably have had them as Compassion/Temperance, because I figure there 2 versions, Ryuto has the Temperance versions, and Kenichi has the Compassion versions ^^;

EternitynChaos said:
Been watching the Kenichi anime and OVA's

so I felt like making something nice, not as overpowered as I was going to make it to start with, but I think it does a nice job of that Odin and Ken-chan show

Seikūken
Cost - (1wp)
Min: 3 MA, 3 Dex, 3 Temperance
Type: Defensive
Duration: One Scene or until broken

The Seikuken, A defensive technique controlling the entire radius within one's arm length, creating a "shield" around oneself that can only be broken with sufficient force. As a Sei technique the Seikuken requires a calm state of mind, channelling anything other then Temperance or Compassion with knock the user out of the required state of mind. To enter the Seikuken the Martial Artist may pay 1 will power or make a Defend action for every dot less then five he has before the Seikuken activates.
* Once Active the Seikuken allows the Martial Artist to add there Temperance to there DV, after the normal DV calculations have been finished, IE (MA + Dex + Def)/2+Temperance.
* This Also allows you to ignore up to your Temperance in onslaught penalty to your DV
* This technique also gains additional effects when the Inner Eye is learned

Very nice idea overall. There are a couple terminology issues though. When you say "for every dot less than five" you don't specify dots of what. Also things like that are expressed in the form of a formula such as. The user must pay (5-Martial Arts-previous ticks spent waiting) to a minimum of 0 dots of temporary willpower.

Also exalted doesn't have a defend action. It assumes that you are always defending yourself as best you can and other actions detract from that. The closes they have is the wait action which also works. So it should be ticks spent waiting before activating the charm.

The same issue crops up in Inner eye. Express your calculations in the form of a math formula in parentheses. Also you should list things that count as breaking rhythm. Instead of making Aim a 0 tick action, you should say that they are assumed to always have the maximum bonus from Aim as long as Inner Eye is active. It saves the player from waying I aim 3 times with no time passing before every action.

what....we beat him in one attack.....damn

Oh but now we have Odin and his crew

Now i'm worried that our rolls are going to suck the next fight.....like really worried

Guard (3/None): Optimized defensive stance.

Guard/Defend same bloody thing *sorry, not trying to be snippy, just been one of those nights*

as for the fiddly stuff, I was just trying to get it down to I could put something up on the board, as its 5am in the morning I figure I did rather well all things considered ^^; yah fucked sleep cycle

and yah terminologys always a thing, trying to math when your full of caffeine and trying to get an idea down isn't always the best.

Done some Edits. for the record, at the most I was only meaning for it to take a tick or 2 in combat to enter Sekuken, the 1WP is if your not first to act as it where.

Added a mention of some things to throw of the rhythm as well as to let the ST have final say, also its a good place to include Socal attacks in combat *yes yes social combat ends when the first punch is thrown, but it makes sense for this* I figure Alexander can figure that sort of stuff in the back-end anyway now that he's got something to work with.

codeRR said:
what....we beat him in one attack.....damn

Oh but now we have Odin and his crew

Now i'm worried that our rolls are going to suck the next fight.....like really worried
We have full mote pools, willpower, and virtue channels. Ruby and Yang are virtually untouched. If the unthinkable should occur, Eiko is still waiting in the wings. The only question is how high will the bodies reach when we stack them in a pile.

As long as we have 40 motes in each overdrive pool after 5 ticks, they'll refill to max.

We have a lot of endurance, and an absolute defense(if expensive) to fall back on. If I remember right even against an absolute attack(that always strikes) against an absolute defense, for exalted, an absolute defense always trumps.

There's very little chance of us losing, it's more of an issue of being forced to reveal our true capabilities. If need be we can go full dragon on their ass & call in a favor from Rias to help clean everything up.

Alexander said:
...One blow. You put him down with one blow.

Things like this don't make writing scenes easy you know?
That's why I wanted to do it the old fashioned way. No charms. Using charms when fighting mortals is boring.

[Hypnosis] Range: 10 yards (3). Duration: 1 minute (3). Area: 1 medium target (1). Control: alter memories (10). Components: 17. Rank 1 Spell. Speed 6.

Playing with your food is a terrible habit as well Odysseus2099, one that's likely to get someone we care about hurt or killed, thanks but I think I'll be happy we went for a little bit of overkill on this

Odysseus2099 said:
That's why I wanted to do it the old fashioned way. No charms. Using charms when fighting mortals is boring.
We have put him down. And he stood up again.
No, holding back against him would have meant bringing out bigger guns later and possibly hurting him for real.

Indrik said:
Fixed. Thanks.
Akio said:
This is going to be fun. To take down several pegs to Odin is going to be catartic... and I think that is going to make things for Kenichi more difficult in the long run if we have to fight him here. And we are going to get the interest of Ogata, and those are very bad news.

And I fear the day that Azazel and Koetsuji will meet. They are too similar (and Akisame learns at a speed comparable to a exalted) and I dread the day that the start to exchange training tips (Poor Ise and poor Kenichi...).
Quite, quite. That is, if you decide to fight Ragnarok, right?

Okay, I have a couple of things to say. First, are kinglugia's spells:

Devil Spell
[Azure Blast] Range: 6 (33 yards, medium range). Duration: instantaneous (0). Area: 1 (Single target). Energy (Plasma): 1. Damage: +30 (10L Health damage). Meta-spell: 15 (Speed 3, Silent, Still, Target consumed) Components: 53. Rank 3 spell, Speed 3. Cost: -2 Exhaustion Damage or 6m. Description: The user fires a potent blast of azure energy towards his opponent, severely damaging and even destroying it with the blast of plasma.

How to learn it: Extended Roll where the user study and experiment in a peaceful environment without being disturbed. Roll (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence) at the end of each day (every three hours for Exalt Issei). Difficulty is set at 5, the required number of Successes is 30.

Sacred Gear Spell
[Crimson Lotus Blade] Range: 2. Duration: 0 (Instantaneous). Area: 1 (Single target). Damage: +48 (16L damage). Energy (Fire): 1. Enhance (Strength +2): 30. Metaspell: 14 (Reflexive, Silent, Still). New Power: +4 (New natural weapon: Sword. Can be used with Martial Arts). Components: 100. Rank 3 Spell, borderline Rank 4. Reflexive attack.

Description: A blade of fire extends from the user's Sacred Gear, in which he can use to attack his opponent with. The attack will be treated as though as it is made by a character with 2 additional dots of Strength than the user's own.

There is a problem with this one: Duration Instantaneous means the blade will appear for a single attack before vanishing.
Not sure if it is supposed to be like that, especially on the New Power part, since the blade of fire is extended from the character's Sacred Gear, but he will have a proficiency with said blade, and the cumulative for both Protect and Enhance confuses me a little (on if the component at +1 is worth 10 components, but what about +2, +3, etc? Is it +20, then +50, or...?). Uguu...
It's all correct. The cost if cumulative: +1 is worth 10 components, +2 is worth 30 components (20+10), +3 is worth 60 components (30+20+10) and so on...

----

Revised Starting Charms for Ophis and Great Red:
Power (Infinity) of Ophis — Endlessness
Cost: —;
Mins: Essence 2;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Ouroboros Dragon is infinite in her scope: trying to deplete her strength is an exercise in futility. This Charm permanently enhance the character's ability to restore his Essence, allowing him to recover Essence even when he engages in strenuous activity, at a rate of four motes per hours as if he is at ease.

A second repurchase of this Charm at Essence 4 allows the character to recover eight motes per hour while he engages in strenuous activity, like he is completely relaxed.

Power (Nothingness) of Ophis — Solitude
Cost: 5m;
Type: Supplemental
Duration: One scene

The Dragon God is a being who was born alone: as such she isn't very interested in others. This Charm increases the character's Dodge MDV by his Temperance for the remainder of the scene as long as he ignores the attacker. Storytellers can allow the Exalt to use his Conviction, Compassion or Valor score instead of Temperance if the character has appropriate motivation.
Power (Dream) of Great Red — Idea
Cost: 2m;
Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant

As a being born from the collective thoughts of all living beings, the True Dragon finds it child's play to understand how others think. This Charm enhances the standard Read Motivation Action, allowing the character to perform it at any time and adding the his Permanent Essence as automatic successes.

A second repurchase of this Charm at Essence 4 allows the character to also learn, after a successful roll, the target's True Motivation written in the Character Sheet.

Power (Pride) of Great Red — Ego
Cost: —;
Type: Permanent
Duration: Permanent

The Apocalypse Dragon is the mightiest being in existence: his power is matched only by his pride, and neither will be denied in their pursuit. The Exalt treats any of his intimacies as his Motivation for the purposes of calculating MDVs and Stunt ratings. However, he cannot roll to regain Willpower from sleeping unless he has satisfied at least one of his desires (any thing he finds enjoyable) since he last slept – if he has done so, he gains one automatic success on that roll.

Their Social themes are more of like this:
-Ophis: "rejecting what isn't her". She is the only thing that counts, so anything else is inconsequential. She is a being that finds completion in herself, one who find satisfaction in her own little, private world where no-one else can intrude. The reason he befriended Issei at the end, is both for monumental efforts by Issei's part and the fact that, when she and Great Red resurrected him, Ophis infused part of her powers in Issei: so now she treats him as part of herself. It's both character development and a loophole.
-Great Red: "Pride", pain and simple. Think of him like Gilgamesh: completely self-absorbed. Like Ophis he interacts scarcely with others, but the reason in his case is that he judges anything else so below him that it isn't worthy his attention. That's why he gets aggravated when people stare at his eyes: he sees it as a challenge to his might. The reason he helped Issei is both because Ophis herself (the only one he considers as close to her) wanted to help him and both for Issei's dreams (GR can understand others completely fine, unlike Ophis, he just often discards their thoughts as unimportant, worthless) and history, which he found amusing (it doesn't help that he never interact with anyone since he spends all his time in the Dimensional Gap, so he has few occasions to find new things). Him singing the Oppai Dragon's song? He found it catchy, so in his view it's a super important thing.

Their Attack (more of less) Theme is:
-Ophis: "Nothingness". Already covered.
-Great Red: "I reject your reality and substitute my own". Ego taken to the extreme: only what he thinks is real is real, the rest is an illusion. It's still like Shaping Combat, but real (if motes costy) and with an inverted philosophy.

@Alex
It's supposed to be a supplemental to unarmed attacks?
You can...ah...improve it however you want it to, so I do not mind. O:)
Edit: What I meant is that, um, how can it be improved?

Honestly, at some point in the future I'm hoping we run across this guy

http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Sho_Kano

If only so we can tell him something along the lines of

"You know what happens to birds that fly to high? They get eaten by Dragons."

But then, for all he dies protecting Miu he just pisses me off, I like his replacement much better

kinglugia said:
@Alex
It's supposed to be a supplemental to unarmed attacks?
You can...ah...improve it however you want it to, so I do not mind. O:)
Edit: What I meant is that, um, how can it be improved?
Easy:

Sacred Gear Spell
[Crimson Lotus Blade] Range: 2. Duration: one hour (9). Area: 1 (Single target). Damage: +48 (16L damage). Energy (Fire): 1. Enhance (Strength +2): 30. Metaspell: 14 (Reflexive, Silent, Still). New Power: +4 (New natural weapon: Sword). Components: 109. Rank 4 Spell. Reflexive attack. Cost: -4 Exhaustion Damage or 20 motes. Description: A blade of fire extends from the user's Sacred Gear. The blade can be used with Martial Arts instead of Melee.

How to learn it: Extended Roll where the user study and experiment in a peaceful environment without being disturbed. Roll (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence) at the end of each day (every three hours for Exalt Issei). Difficulty is set at 6, the required number of Successes is 50.

I also want to post this Knack I found in Scion:
Solipsistic Well–Being
The philosophy of solipsism holds that only the self exists. Accordingly, if a solipsist isn't aware of something, that something doesn't exist. With this Knack, a Scion applies this odd philosophy to damage that surprises her. For a single attack that the Scion doesn't see, hear or otherwise perceive coming, the Scion can spend a point of Legend and a point of Willpower to completely ignore it as if it never happened (thereby suffering no damage from it). Of course the attack does actually happen—any ammunition used is spent, onlookers might be covered with the Scion's blood, the would-be assassin might be standing right there holding a dripping knife—but such concerns are immaterial to the Scion victim. The Scion can use this Knack only once per scene.
Sounds like a great way to describe Ophis' Perfect Defense, right? She negates damage as long as the attacker isn't part of one of her Intimacies (both positive and negative).

Considering how craft and language works do we know several martial arts cause of the dots we have in it? Or is our skill level that of a master. Also can we up our martial arts anymore?

Edit: Never mind we are at max dots for our Martial arts.

when we have a knack/charm for it, probably after we learn this

Dragon Steals The Root Method
Cost: 10m, 1w
Min: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4
Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Obvious, Touch, Training
Duration: One Week
Prerequisites: Any Martial Arts Charm

Neither Solars nor Dragons take being told they can't do something well. Unlike mortal men, however, their response to this is invariably to prove the person spouting these lies wrong. This Charm is the culmination of that principle combined with Hyoudo Issei's desire to guard and empower those he cares about. On a personal level this charm reduces the Xp cost for all Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms to 4x, or 5xp if Martial Arts is not a Caste or Favored Ability, and their training time is halved. Learning this charm excludes the Solar from learning the Charm Swallowing the Lotus Root.

As a Secondary ability this Charm works like Tiger Warrior Training Technique, except it requires both trainer and students, up to Magnitude 1, to share a positive intimacy of some sort. It allows training up to the Solar's own rank in that area (but not beyond the natural cap of the target) in any of the following: Martial Arts, Melee, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms and any Excellency's that can be learned by the student.

which will make training them up much quicker and more efficient, honestly unless we need to advance buy fist of the daystar charms for this fight, which I don't think we will I'd suggest we get that asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back