• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

0f7

Probably just an outfit at best

Kinda curious about something.

Is there a game out there where you start out with a certain amount or set of skills, but if you combine them, become ridiculous and powerful skills?

Like Magicka, but looking more on RPGs and action games.

I've been playing and thoroughly enjoying the Etrian Odyssey remasters and I just finished 1. I was planning to do postgame on picnic just to run through it since I have no real interest in it, but I couldn't do it. Even on the easiest difficulty Claret Hollows is insane. Those teleportation puzzles are unhinged and I know it only gets worse on floor 28 because that one is a pitfall maze. With no way to see the pitfalls. So one wrong step and you fall to the next floor which is mostly damage tiles and have to navigate the invisible pitfall maze again. Honestly, I'm good. Claret Hollows is a cool area but the map designs are almost a step past sadism. I just said fuck it and started playing 2.

I've been playing and thoroughly enjoying the Etrian Odyssey remasters and I just finished 1. I was planning to do postgame on picnic just to run through it since I have no real interest in it, but I couldn't do it. Even on the easiest difficulty Claret Hollows is insane. Those teleportation puzzles are unhinged and I know it only gets worse on floor 28 because that one is a pitfall maze. With no way to see the pitfalls. So one wrong step and you fall to the next floor which is mostly damage tiles and have to navigate the invisible pitfall maze again. Honestly, I'm good. Claret Hollows is a cool area but the map designs are almost a step past sadism. I just said fuck it and started playing 2.
Yeah, most of the post-game is like that for the Etrian Odyssey series. Feel free to skip it if it's too hard, no one will judge you for doing so.

Yeah, you're not really missing out on much if you skip EO1's final stratum. Any of the bosses you'd unlock from exploring it show up in other titles, except for the one at the very end, just weaker in some cases.

Beat Ys 4 or rather the remake. It was alright. Kind of a weird middle ground gameplay wise between the old style of Ys games and the style from 7 onward that I don't think the camera played very nicely with during boss fights. A proper lock on probably would've helped with that.

Put in The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners since I reached the limit of my ability in Dragon Fist- only so much arm flailing I can do.

I like it so far- I really like the melee mechanics. You have to exert some force to make it go into the zombie's head, and then it takes force to remove it from their skull.

Unfortunately it crashed shortly after I got to the bus, when I tried to put a knife in my backpack. Maybe because I used the wrong shoulder? Ah well, I'd had enough adrenaline so far trying to kill zombies with a screwdriver.

And yes, Burnie and Matt are back for the final season in both the voice booth and writing team.

So apparently NISA fucked up the Trails into Reverie translation really badly. And not just stuff like dead memes but stuff like whole chunks of text missing from as small as a few words to as much as whole paragraphs as well as item, skill, and recipe descriptions just being wrong. It's so bad that they somehow actually managed to introduce completely new bugs into a 3 year old game. Apparently they just copy/pasted the data tables from Cold Steel 4, which means the characters who weren't in that game just don't have access to stuff like Link skills. And that's on top of people who ordered the physical collector's edition still not getting a shipping confirmation 3 days after the game released, so they have no clue when they'll get their game. NISA already doesn't have the greatest track record, but this is probably the most they've ever fucked up at once. Doesn't bode well for future games like Ys X.

Eh, it's been a couple days.

It just hit me that in Ys 4, Eldeel, a demigod (sorta) who had been lowkey distributing advanced technology to humanity over the years, deemed humanity fit take care of itself. Which makes Ys 8, where an actual god of evolution decided humanity had stagnated and that it was time to cause an extinction event, kind of hilarious in retrospect.

I wonder if it was because of Eldeel's efforts or in spite of them.

Man Azure Gunvolt 3's Gameplay is good but the story is absolute shit

Like they changed protagonists and spend a LOT of time talkin about how righteous and noble the new protagonist is while the old is just a shitty murderer

Not as if he was a living guinea pig who went through so much hell he forgot his name and was gaslit into being a child soldier and all his enemies were controlling maniacs or a genocidal cult could be talked down or negotiated with you know?

Gunvolt not knowing how to solve things beyond murder isn't his fault godamnit dude literally doesn't know anything else

Man Azure Gunvolt 3's Gameplay is good but the story is absolute shit

Like they changed protagonists and spend a LOT of time talkin about how righteous and noble the protagonist is while the old is just a shitty murderer

Not as if he was a living guinea pig who went through so much hell he forgot his name and was gaslit into being a child soldier and all his enemies were controlling maniacs or a genocidal cult could be talked down or negotiated with you know?

Gunvolt not knowing how to solve things beyond murder isn't his fault godamnit dude literally doesn't know anything else
It's pretty bad. Especially since they flashforwarded decades into the future with all of Gunvolt's friends being dead from old age.

Fucking hate trying to tag an enemy diagonally.

It's pretty bad. Especially since they flashforwarded decades into the future with all of Gunvolt's friends being dead from old age.

Fucking hate trying to tag an enemy diagonally.
Copen just becomes 'Literally another dude' when in GV2 the two have an ultimate showdown of destiny over the Muse and her fate

Also Fuckin Kirin agreeing with MERAK AND TESEO in calling him out. Those two are the worst example of adepts in their respective organizations

Hell Teseo is the whole reason Elise went batshit insane with her powers

Copen just becomes 'Literally another dude' when in GV2 the two have an ultimate showdown of destiny over the Muse and her fate

Also Fuckin Kirin agreeing with MERAK AND TESEO in calling him out. Those two are the worst example of adepts in their respective organizations

Hell Teseo is the whole reason Elise went batshit insane with her powers
I expect nothing less from the company that needed to patch in the Good Ending for ASGV3

I've never heard of that game. What made it so infamous?
Arzette isn't infamous yet, largely due to not being finished or released yet. Ideally it won't become infamous, either.

The infamous games are the Zelda CDi games... which is what Arzette is a successor to; more specifically, the lead dev on Arzette previously made the remasters of the aforementioned Zelda CDi games, and is pulling in a few names from those games to help on Arzette. From what I can tell, the idea behind Arzette is "CDi Zelda, done right the first time... and on modern systems".

Huh. I just learned today of Touhou Mystia's Izakaya. A restaurant simulator in Touhou. Gather ingredients during the day, cook at night.

And pay back debts to not get your kneecaps broken by Chen.

It has almsot 8k reviews on its steam page, which looks insane to me. Definitely have to give it a look later.
So this game is Receteer but for food.

It's so good at nailing that fantasy shopkeeper feeling

Like I lost 3 hours playing it today

To go a bit further, combine Recettear, Cook Serve Delicious, and a mini rhythm game. It is definitely a touhou fangame, and leans more into it than some, but even if you dislike that side of it, the gameplay itself is more than good enough to carry.

Maybe if their products weren't so disgustingly expensive, people would be more willing to actually buy them.

$70 for Honey Select, $70 for Ai Shoujo, plus another $55 for the DLC, and $60 for koikatsu Party on Steam.

I'm sorry, but hell fucking no. They arent worth anywhere near those prices.

In other news, Tomba 1 will be available on PC, PS4/5, and Switch soon.

It's been a good 25 years since I last 100% finished it and at least 20 years since I really thought about the game, but after seeing that announcement holy hell I want to play it again right fucking now what is taking them so long?!

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back