• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advent of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Ask Renka what she is doing here and why she is maiming non-martial artists/civilians
-[X] Use social skills to subtle imply that picking on normal people this way is shameful and that you are disappointed in her (for the disruptions in general rather than beating up these two since one did try to pull a knife)
-[X] Take her to a less public place to talk about what's going on once and introduce her to the ninjas- any potential reactions or information from either group would be interesting

[X] Ask Renka what she is doing here and why she is maiming non-martial artists/civilians
-- Use social skills to subtle imply that picking on normal people this way is shameful and that you are disappointed in her (for the disruptions in general rather than beating up these two since one did try to pull a knife)
-- Take her to a less public place to talk about what's going on once and introduce her to the ninjas- any potential reactions or infomation from either group would be interesting
-- Make a note to self to talk to Kensai about enrolling Renka in Kouh academy.

who why should what I build being limited by paltry things such a lack of specialization?"
Might be better as

"Why should what I build be limited by paltry things such as a lack of specialization. "

Also, replace an with 'a'.
Well now you do
That's how that things works
That's how that thing works.

on a side note, how do the ninjas do what they do, they seem ignorant of the moonlit world other than their narrow perview before meeting you, but there are certainly supernatural elements to their powers, is it magic (unlikely), ki (resonable for them to know, but not for the feats they perform), some inherited ability (like the yokai, families of ninja with more than human heritage retaining, breeding for and training such abilites would explain a lot, especially if they were so secretive that they and the rest of the magic side mutually forgot each other) Is it some niche ability that doesn't fit a catagory or does but has been taken far in a strange direction?

In fact do they ever mention the origin in the games the ninja are from? even if it was a ofhand mention of ninja family magic or something would be nice. After the source is known I can see the rest just being family or personal styles of an art altered from it's original roots for ninja use, or developed for/by the ninja perposely for thier unique techniques.
Senjutsu. It was mentioned in some of the manga that Ninja uses nature's energy to do what they do. In this quest it translates into them using Senjutsu: strengthening themselves, creating separated spaces....

"But Alex, doesn't DxD Senjutsu also absorb malice? That's why Koneko was so scared to use it at first!"

That's where the Ninja Scroll all Shinobi have comes into play. It's a filter: it reduces the number of possible options, but makes using Senjutsu safe for the shinobi using it.

And for why ninja are usually ignorant of the moonlit world other than their narrow personal view...well, two reasons: first, they're ninja; second, they didn't and still don't want to spread the knowledge of their abilities' origin. After all, it would be seen as revolutionary by many...and easily abusable.

In canon Azazel patched himself up after getting his arm cut on his own, but getting a free dot isn't a bad thing I guess.
Unfortunately Hisui hit something a bit more delicate than an arm. Well, most of Issei's offered help was about removing the bullet...

-- Use social skills to subtle imply that picking on normal people this way is shameful and that you are disapointted in her (for the disruptions in general rather than beating up these two since one did try to pull a knife)
-- Take her to a less public place to talk about what's going on once and introduce her to the ninjas- any potential reactions or infomation from either group would be interesting

Last edited:
-- Use social skills to subtle imply that picking on normal people this way is shameful and that you are disapointted in her (for the disruptions in general rather than beating up these two since one did try to pull a knife)

Hey, does anyone still remember what Sona asked us to do when we found the perpetrator? Were we supposed to just kick them out of the district or something?

Senjutsu. It was mentioned in some of the manga that Ninja uses nature's energy to do what they do. In this quest it translates into them using Senjutsu: strengthening themselves, creating separated spaces....

"But Alex, doesn't DxD Senjutsu also absorb malice? That's why Koneko was so scared to use it at first!"

That's where the Ninja Scroll all Shinobi have comes into play. It's a filter: it reduces the number of possible options, but makes using Senjutsu safe for the shinobi using it.

And for why ninja are usually ignorant of the moonlit world other than their narrow personal view...well, two reasons: first, they're ninja; second, they didn't and still don't want to spread the knowledge of their abilities' origin. After all, it would be seen as revolutionary by many...and easily abusable.

Unfortunately Hisui hit something a bit more delicate than an arm. Well, most of Issei's offered help was about removing the bullet...
-----
Thank you I thought it might be something like that but senjutsu slipped my mind for some reason.

Will this come up in the story at all? because the potential interactions and specifics of the different types of power would be interesting if examined but could get annoying ifone can't get them to fit together well (my proudest moment of world building was fitting magic, shamanism, ki, reiki (naruto like chakra) not only into the same universe but with clear and interesting interactions and relationships but I still don't have much story to go with it)

Perhaps some of the interactions could come up if someone writes a good enough omake, or if some interested character (Bright-Sensei, azarel(I can never spell his name right) or even issei) observes and either deduces something, remembers something, or decides to experiment to explain it.

In fact the easiest way for it to come up is for Koneko to notice and freak out, with everyone trying to calm her down and investigate afterwards.

Also How accurate is that malice thing, I won't go into spoilers because I always mess up blanking them, but I never saw anyone using senjutsu have a problem like that, was it just off screen, (so we would only see it if koneko was training) maybe it is only a problem when you are getting started like naruto's senjutsu, and once you get the hang of it it never bothers you again, or perhaps it is exaggerated since the source most devils in cannon who bring it up know of is a known criminal and it is an explaination they latched on too. Even that character was fairly nice, an enemy, but not cruel or callous. Sorry for this post being so long

Hey, does anyone still remember what Sona asked us to do when we found the perpetrator? Were we supposed to just kick them out of the district or something?

Since this is Renka, who we know, and know is mixed up in the martial arts world which is its own thing which we don't know much about, any set response Sona wanted is likely out of the picture.

This will either end up with us going on a mini-quest to deal with renka's problem, recruiting her, solving a simple misunderstandging (Hahaha...no), or just taking her to meet Sona so this can be sorted out on a permanent basis if neccessary.

That could end up with her enrrolling at Kuou which would let her get caught up in all the crazy (magic type crazy) and she might get recruited by us, or rias or sona (unlikely short of needing to be revived)

We could also direct her to the history compilation committee, they would love another human trouble shooter (though she would probably be too wild)

For the guy talking about boons that should wait until whatever this issue is is either sorted out, or at least understood- just giving a blessing out of nowhere like a hit and run deity would not endear us to Renka-- she lashes out when confused

"That's not a maid! That's a killing machine!"
You know you've watched too much anime when your reaction to this is somewhere along the lines of "Aren't those the same things?".
Let me go back and check...
"There have been rumors about a foreign girl going around harassing some of the shops and cafes in the area, as well as just generally being violent. I don't know why but most of the students talking about the rumors assume she's from Kuoh, even if she's not wearing the uniform. It's not doing the school's reputation any favors, having people assume the local gossip on violent activity is our own student's doing. Find her and make her stop, and I will allow this…[Kiyojuji Paranormal Investigation Squad] to come and visit Kuoh."
Just make her stop, that's all.

I have a slight nitpick with the current plan. While I understand we are introducing Renka to the ninja for interesting tidbits, I don't think that calls for every ninja to be introduced. It should just be one while the others form a sort of look out parameter around us to forewarn us if something supernatural decides to interrupt our conversation with someone who may still be blind to our world, and knowing our luck that will probably happen (Paranoid, I know.)
My first instinct would be for that one ninja to be Mirai, since Renka meeting the more voluptuous ninja may result in Jealous Drama BS we do not need right now, but then I remembered that Mirai's abrasive personality doesn't exactly make for a best first impression.

Will this come up in the story at all? because the potential interactions and specifics of the different types of power would be interesting if examined but could get annoying ifone can't get them to fit together well (my proudest moment of world building was fitting magic, shamanism, ki, reiki (naruto like chakra) not only into the same universe but with clear and interesting interactions and relationships but I still don't have much story to go with it)

Perhaps some of the interactions could come up if someone writes a good enough omake, or if some interested character (Bright-Sensei, azarel(I can never spell his name right) or even issei) observes and either deduces something, remembers something, or decides to experiment to explain it.

In fact the easiest way for it to come up is for Koneko to notice and freak out, with everyone trying to calm her down and investigate afterwards.
Yes. Azazel is actually going to be the first, but it will be Koneko to make a huge scene of it.

Would you be willing to share that worldbuilding? I'm interested.

Also How accurate is that malice thing, I won't go into spoilers because I always mess up blanking them, but I never saw anyone using senjutsu have a problem like that, was it just off screen, (so we would only see it if koneko was training) maybe it is only a problem when you are getting started like naruto's senjutsu, and once you get the hang of it it never bothers you again, or perhaps it is exaggerated since the source most devils in cannon who bring it up know of is a known criminal and it is an explaination they latched on too. Even that character was fairly nice, an enemy, but not cruel or callous. Sorry for this post being so long.
Both actually. It isn't a great problem if handled carefully, but most knowledge about Senjutsu is kept secret by the few that mastered it. Anyone in canon that talk about Senjutsu? Most of their knowledge is just educate guesses and preconception. For Kuroka and Koneko the ability to use Senjutsu is completely instinctual, so even them wouldn't be able to exactly tell you how and why most of what they do work.

To be clear: there isn't malice, evil, bad thoughts and all that shit mixed up with natural energy. Senjutsu chakra is completely neutral, neither white nor black.
But because of that it is easily influenced by the emotions of those who channel it. Senjutsu didn't make Kuroka crazy, but she was so angry that her control slipped and the Senjutsu chakra amplified her anger to unreal levels. Koneko's fears are always been unfounded, even if, indeed, trying to use Senjutsu while she was consumed by her fear of it would have bad consequences.

Since most shinobi receives their training during teenage-hood, the ninja scrolls were created in order to train them without first having them master their emotions. No matter how much their emotions run rampant, they wouldn't be influenced by Senjutsu chakra.

Of course, the tainted energy isn't actually purged but just expelled...

Last edited:
Yes. Azazel is actually going to be the first, but it will be Koneko to make a huge scene of it.

Both actually. It isn't a great problem if handled carefully, but most knowledge about Senjutsu is kept secret by the few that mastered it. Anyone is canon that talk about Senjutsu? Most of their knowledge is just educate guesses and preconception. For Kuroka and Koneko the ability to use Senjutsu is completely instinctual, so even them wouldn't be able to exactly tell you how and why most of what they do work.

To be clear: there isn't malice, evil, bad thoughts and all that shit mixed up with natural energy. Senjutsu chakra is completely neutral, neither white nor black.
But because of that it is easily influenced by the emotions of those who channel it. Senjutsu didn't make Kuroka crazy, but she was so angry that her control slipped and the Senjutsu chakra amplified her anger to unreal levels. Koneko's fears are always been unfounded, even if, indeed, trying to use Senjutsu while she was consumed by her fear of it would have bad consequences.

Since most shinobi receives their training during teenage-hood, the ninja scrolls were created in order to train them without first having them master their emotions. No matter how much their emotions run rampant, they wouldn't be influenced by Senjutsu chakra.

I do like this king of world-building. Something tells me that the ninjas are going to be a bit more important later on.

Both actually. It isn't a great problem if handled carefully, but most knowledge about Senjutsu is kept secret by the few that mastered it. Anyone in canon that talk about Senjutsu? Most of their knowledge is just educate guesses and preconception. For Kuroka and Koneko the ability to use Senjutsu is completely instinctual, so even them wouldn't be able to exactly tell you how and why most of what they do work.

Please bear with me if I make a mistake as I summarize- I don't know how I would attach a word doc to this or if it is possible- moving on

Basically I had magic being an extra- dimentional energy, noone knows the origins (there are many theories) but it comes from elsewhere. It passes through all things on a deeper level (think quantum mechanics) and mages use it by learning to shape it as it passes through. Everyone's metaphysical pattern reacts to the ambient energy that is magic in different ways, in fact every thing reacts differently, animals plants and minerals, natural magical phenomenon occur when geology, geography and magic combine to create things like ley lines (paths of strong magic flow due) and other areas of high or low magic and even more fantastic phenomenon (think the at worlds end level of magicka) since for people this pattern includes emotional and intellectual elements It is possible to direct the flow of mana with training.

The Terms I used were capacitance for how much mana your pattern could hold at once, inward and outward voltage for how quickly mana was drawn into your pattern or expelled from your pattern. Amperage was the same but for amount of energy not how quickly (think of the relationship between the speed of the water and the diameter of the hose) There are more complex details that modified how mana was shaped but basically magic was done via mental and emotional conditioning and ritual behaviors to alter your pattern so mana has a specific effect when expelled, The many ways magic is used all revolve around the many was to do that. It is closely related to the other energies I mentioned

Ki is the energy in ones patter related to one's physical self- master martial artists achieve awareness to shape the part of their pattern related to their physical self to achieve effects, from training and conditioning that makes you faster and stronger than realistically possible, to more esoteric effects like altering one's body shape or life extention- things like dragon ball style ki blasts are when ki adepts approach magic in methods. Overall it surpasses magic in physical enhancement through permanent shaping of the body physically and metaphysically but magic is better in terms of variety and in expelled attacks- ki blasts are much less efficient then spells, because they are more flexible metaphysically and more energy efficient. Mages train to draw in more energy all the time for spells, Ki adepts train to increase their energy, but it is intended to fuel the long term enhancements their other training provides, not immedieatley expelling it as an attack so it is more training to increase how their pattern manages energy reserves- they increase their capacitance instead of their voltage. As such ki adepts tend to draw on that reserve of energy in the physical part of their pattern for effects, so ki blasts can cause physical exhaustion since it draws on that source.

Shamanism or Rei trains the mental or spiritual portion of one's patter the same way (think shaman king) their arts revolve aroud effecting things on the spiritual level, exorcisms, blessings seances, all work via channeling this spiritually attuned energy. More over shamanism works via working with spirits, either via cooperation or domination the energy is channelled through the spirit as well, achieving much more diverse effects- basically using the spirit as a mold or prism- like a mage would shape their own pattern for an effect. This branch of shamanism relies on improving the shaman's spiritual fexibility, awareness and capacity to better shape the energy as it is channeled to achieve effects such as willing possession, allowing the spirit to effect the physical world or as an aid to more complex spiritual feats. It is more energy effecient than ki adepts in external effects, in essence investing in the spirit instead of one's self, but it has the same problem in energy recovery, and is often less flexible than magic because it very much depends on what spirit is involved, Master shamans can control the manifestation via channeling to mitigate this.

Reiki (basically naruto chakra) combines the above two, and strangely enough becomes a lot like magic, training and combining spiritual and physical energy in their metaphysical pattern to achieve effects, they can enhance themselves physically, generate spiritual effects (mainly creating illusions but their are some that have shamanistic esque techniques) and combine them to expel it like a magic spell. the problem is like the above two it has endurance issues- users are limited by their reserves. Many expelled techniques are stylized or flashy- because of the spiritual element requiring a sort of dicipline and imagination that means that established methods can take years as the right training to reliably produce that mindset is developed.

On a social notes while magic is wide spread and so are ki use (eastern martial artists and western knights, basically many long lives martial traditions) and shamanism (mostly in tribal groups or religious positions or as part of certain magical traditions) reiki users are reclusive due to being shunned. Basically early in the history of it's use in the east they were subjected to a witch hunt by the estabishment- advisors of magical and spiritual matters could not percieve it as they could others- to many magic users it was if they were pulling the energy for what they saw as spell out of nowhere. combined with the variety of effects and how it fit none of the other groups the users were demonized- some litterally thinking there was a demonic source or deal related to the source of the energy they were using, other just wanting to drive away threats or competition. Most users are from reclusive communites or hermits- except for those that found patrons or allies that hid them- these became the ninjas either as independent clans or working for a noble patron they honed the stealth potential of thier esoteric art over time. In the modern day the prejudice is mostly gone, because the art is unknown, most think ninja techniques are one the other arts, and they rarely see enough to discover otherwise.

Senjutsu is when a third element is added- essentially adding magic to Reiki- it is dangerous to start adding the power of mana to the metaphysical metabolism of Reiki users, with out training and dicipline to properly filter and mix the energies- the associations in the mana absorbed can create effects such as petrification, spontaneous combustion or transformation and mutation, or more subtle internal difficulties as the mixed energies have a spontaneous effect. True sages consist of certain hermits amongst the ninja or other reiki comunities but there are people that in their life time have achieved certain limited effects, typically only one or more techniques.

in terms other crossovers in the methods there are certain traditions that have elements of the other methods. Most common are those shamans that know some magic or mages that know method for dealing with spirits, then there are ki adepts that have magic talent or study it to round out their abilities over their life time, there are many old master martial artists that know some magic, typically small spells or ones that work with their style of ki use- Reiki is the only mixed use that has a dedicated population and has its own category. Since it all ties back to ones' own pattern when one becomes skilled or expirenced enough overlap in the methods in at least in some small ways becomes inevitable.

You guys realize that this isn't actually a valid vote format, right? I'm pretty sure that the vote counter will only count the first part of your vote.

My bad, it's my first time voting and when lurking I must have missed the format rules. I was going off how I have seen quest managers note which votes won

Edit:
also Thanks for the explianation Touhou

Alexander. I know exalted are foreign to this universe but looking at bezercer used motes and touki which is in universe how do the different energies in this setting relate/ interact?

Last edited:
Alexander. I know exalted are foreign to this universe but looking at bezercer used motes and touki which is in universe how do the different energies in this setting relate/ interact?
Advice: Try not to double post in such a short time, use the Edit function to edit your last post if you think you miss something.

Please bear with me if I make a mistake as I summarize- I don't know how I would attach a word doc to this or if it is possible- moving on

Basically I had magic being an extra- dimentional energy, noone knows the origins (there are many theories) but it comes from elsewhere. It passes through all things on a deeper level (think quantum mechanics) and mages use it by learning to shape it as it passes through. Everyone's metaphysical pattern reacts to the ambient energy that is magic in different ways, in fact every thing reacts differently, animals plants and minerals, natural magical phenomenon occur when geology, geography and magic combine to create things like ley lines (paths of strong magic flow due) and other areas of high or low magic and even more fantastic phenomenon (think the at worlds end level of magicka) since for people this pattern includes emotional and intellectual elements It is possible to direct the flow of mana with training.

The Terms I used were capacitance for how much mana your pattern could hold at once, inward and outward voltage for how quickly mana was drawn into your pattern or expelled from your pattern. Amperage was the same but for amount of energy not how quickly (think of the relationship between the speed of the water and the diameter of the hose) There are more complex details that modified how mana was shaped but basically magic was done via mental and emotional conditioning and ritual behaviors to alter your pattern so mana has a specific effect when expelled, The many ways magic is used all revolve around the many was to do that. It is closely related to the other energies I mentioned

Ki is the energy in ones patter related to one's physical self- master martial artists achieve awareness to shape the part of their pattern related to their physical self to achieve effects, from training and conditioning that makes you faster and stronger than realistically possible, to more esoteric effects like altering one's body shape or life extention- things like dragon ball style ki blasts are when ki adepts approach magic in methods. Overall it surpasses magic in physical enhancement through permanent shaping of the body physically and metaphysically but magic is better in terms of variety and in expelled attacks- ki blasts are much less efficient then spells, because they are more flexible metaphysically and more energy efficient. Mages train to draw in more energy all the time for spells, Ki adepts train to increase their energy, but it is intended to fuel the long term enhancements their other training provides, not immedieatley expelling it as an attack so it is more training to increase how their pattern manages energy reserves- they increase their capacitance instead of their voltage. As such ki adepts tend to draw on that reserve of energy in the physical part of their pattern for effects, so ki blasts can cause physical exhaustion since it draws on that source.

Shamanism or Rei trains the mental or spiritual portion of one's patter the same way (think shaman king) their arts revolve aroud effecting things on the spiritual level, exorcisms, blessings seances, all work via channeling this spiritually attuned energy. More over shamanism works via working with spirits, either via cooperation or domination the energy is channelled through the spirit as well, achieving much more diverse effects- basically using the spirit as a mold or prism- like a mage would shape their own pattern for an effect. This branch of shamanism relies on improving the shaman's spiritual fexibility, awareness and capacity to better shape the energy as it is channeled to achieve effects such as willing possession, allowing the spirit to effect the physical world or as an aid to more complex spiritual feats. It is more energy effecient than ki adepts in external effects, in essence investing in the spirit instead of one's self, but it has the same problem in energy recovery, and is often less flexible than magic because it very much depends on what spirit is involved, Master shamans can control the manifestation via channeling to mitigate this.

Reiki (basically naruto chakra) combines the above two, and strangely enough becomes a lot like magic, training and combining spiritual and physical energy in their metaphysical pattern to achieve effects, they can enhance themselves physically, generate spiritual effects (mainly creating illusions but their are some that have shamanistic esque techniques) and combine them to expel it like a magic spell. the problem is like the above two it has endurance issues- users are limited by their reserves. Many expelled techniques are stylized or flashy- because of the spiritual element requiring a sort of dicipline and imagination that means that established methods can take years as the right training to reliably produce that mindset is developed.

On a social notes while magic is wide spread and so are ki use (eastern martial artists and western knights, basically many long lives martial traditions) and shamanism (mostly in tribal groups or religious positions or as part of certain magical traditions) reiki users are reclusive due to being shunned. Basically early in the history of it's use in the east they were subjected to a witch hunt by the estabishment- advisors of magical and spiritual matters could not percieve it as they could others- to many magic users it was if they were pulling the energy for what they saw as spell out of nowhere. combined with the variety of effects and how it fit none of the other groups the users were demonized- some litterally thinking there was a demonic source or deal related to the source of the energy they were using, other just wanting to drive away threats or competition. Most users are from reclusive communites or hermits- except for those that found patrons or allies that hid them- these became the ninjas either as independent clans or working for a noble patron they honed the stealth potential of thier esoteric art over time. In the modern day the prejudice is mostly gone, because the art is unknown, most think ninja techniques are one the other arts, and they rarely see enough to discover otherwise.

Senjutsu is when a third element is added- essentially adding magic to Reiki- it is dangerous to start adding the power of mana to the metaphysical metabolism of Reiki users, with out training and dicipline to properly filter and mix the energies- the associations in the mana absorbed can create effects such as petrification, spontaneous combustion or transformation and mutation, or more subtle internal difficulties as the mixed energies have a spontaneous effect. True sages consist of certain hermits amongst the ninja or other reiki comunities but there are people that in their life time have achieved certain limited effects, typically only one or more techniques.

in terms other crossovers in the methods there are certain traditions that have elements of the other methods. Most common are those shamans that know some magic or mages that know method for dealing with spirits, then there are ki adepts that have magic talent or study it to round out their abilities over their life time, there are many old master martial artists that know some magic, typically small spells or ones that work with their style of ki use- Reiki is the only mixed use that has a dedicated population and has its own category. Since it all ties back to ones' own pattern when one becomes skilled or expirenced enough overlap in the methods in at least in some small ways becomes inevitable.
That's an incredible work. Can I use some of it?

Essence is its own form of energy-Azazel believe it's a mix of many different types of energies he already know...he isn't totally wrong, as there are some underlining laws that all types of energy follow unless under exceptional circumstances. The thing is, Essence is the base of everything in Exalted, thus it stands to reason it can interact with everything.

What Berserker did was apply the teaching to use Touki to his Essence, the same way that in Creation martial artists applied their training methods to their own Essence, thus creating a Touki that run on Essence instead of Ki. The effects are mostly the same...initially.

I would love to explain how the different energies interact, but sadly for now it's just a hazy feeling that I never put down into words. I am not saying I'm proceeding blindly, it's just that if I try to explain it now I would do a horrible job.

That's an incredible work. Can I use some of it?

Essence is its own form of energy-Azazel believe it's a mix of many different types of energies he already know...he isn't totally wrong, as there are some underlining laws that all types of energy follow unless under exceptional circumstances. The thing is, Essence is the base of everything in Exalted, thus it stands to reason it can interact with everything.

What Berserker did was apply the teaching to use Touki to his Essence, the same way that in Creation martial artists applied their training methods to their own Essence, thus creating a Touki that run on Essence instead of Ki. The effects are mostly the same...initially.

I would love to explain how the different energies interact, but sadly for now it's just a hazy feeling that I never put down into words. I am not saying I'm proceeding blindly, it's just that if I try to explain it now I would do a horrible job.

Yeah that is why when I wrote down my magic mechanics I did it piece meal over a week or two- The setting I created it with was made using a lot of elements from other settings I liked- trying to create a metaphysical system that encompassed all of it is what lead to what you see here- and sure you can use it- keep in mind however that this is the bear bones stuff- the most basic of basics- in my setting no-one know this is how it works, only the most advanced, experienced, or skilled piece together some of these connections and relationships- most are entirely ignorant of many of these core mechanics- most learn how to do it and only as they become masters(not everyone does) do they start figuring out some of the truths behind how it all works- Most are caught up in the mythos of their own discipline- the emotional and mental conditioning and the rituals and reasoning for them- to realize the fundamental mechanics- it is much easier to train if you can buy fully into the reasoning given rather than the metaphysics behind it- for more than just because very few people in my setting would be able to understand it in that context- most masters that do get it do so int a sort of typical old master phillisophical sense than the scientific way I portrayed it.

If you want to pin down those feelings maybe you could try to just boil down what you know things down to the basics or use similarities to other systems to get a start.

For example- the different sorts of magic in the setting- devils have it instinct and will based, which can be explained as being so magical that is tied up in their instincts (think of it as them having as set of spiritual muscles humans lack- the usual use creating effects like their wings and language before they learn to use it conciously) - with certain families having instinctive ways to channel that energy- like how naruto does it but minus the hand signs- circle magic used by humans is from them trying to imitate how magical beings do it- thus the devil- mage partnerships- the base is the same so they can reverse engineer each others techniques- but since they don't have the same spiritual muscles devils have they can only crudely move the energy and move much less of it- the circles act like a computer circuit precisely channeling the energy being physical or mental constructs- originating from trying to imitate what devils can do.

all other species' magic would be that in different flavors- mages could try to imitate them as well- creating circles to create the same results but for the different species would have the same base mechanics for magic energy as devils- the difference being the respective mystical metabolism creating different results and abilities- many have much narrower natural abilities- needing to specifically learn magic to have anything significantly more or different.

sacred gears have their own system- god's mechanisms resolving who gets them- but they are powered on their own- not useing the host's energy but some other source (since many of them are magic items or creatures and many humans with them have no other magical abilities or training this make sense)

senjutsu would be either drawing on some energy distinct from what magic uses or the same energy but in a different way (for second it would either make magical energy more plentiful or more potent in some way) in any case it should open up a set of techniques that you need it to use, either specific to senjutsu in general, or to the person using it (in a sort of unlock potential or personal power amplification or such)

I am not sure how you would explain ki- which is sort of the odd man out here- maybe like I did- being a manipulation of the energy that naturally acumulates within you- keeping it in you rather than expelling it and all the techniques being a sort of refinement of the self physically. I would examine veritas since you included it and it has a more in depth exploration of it than I have seen anywhere else.

Take or leave any of this, I love the setting you are making- fusing all of these different stories and setting into a whole which fits and supports each other- creating a feeling of richness- that fantastic things are everywhere, that is so often absent even in stories that are fantasy kitchen sinks to use a trope. You use characters and settings as parts and tools, and instead of cheapening those characters, you are true to them and create a richness of setting by using much of it as a shorthand- we know of these stories- so just a short intrusion or inclusion attaches your story to theirs, but you do it so seemlessly and respectfully that feels like some of the official crossovers- that these characters are part of a greater world and it is a well concieved and wonderful world.
I hope I can help in some small part to help or inspire you to continue this my favorite crossover ever, and the best mega crossover ever.

also do you know how to attach files to post or such- so I could share some of the more thorough documents of my setting if you want.

Yeah that is why when I wrote down my magic mechanics I did it piece meal over a week or two- The setting I created it with was made using a lot of elements from other settings I liked- trying to create a metaphysical system that encompassed all of it is what lead to what you see here- and sure you can use it- keep in mind however that this is the bear bones stuff- the most basic of basics- in my setting no-one know this is how it works, only the most advanced, experienced, or skilled piece together some of these connections and relationships- most are entirely ignorant of many of these core mechanics- most learn how to do it and only as they become masters(not everyone does) do they start figuring out some of the truths behind how it all works- Most are caught up in the mythos of their own discipline- the emotional and mental conditioning and the rituals and reasoning for them- to realize the fundamental mechanics- it is much easier to train if you can buy fully into the reasoning given rather than the metaphysics behind it- for more than just because very few people in my setting would be able to understand it in that context- most masters that do get it do so int a sort of typical old master phillisophical sense than the scientific way I portrayed it.

If you want to pin down those feelings maybe you could try to just boil down what you know things down to the basics or use similarities to other systems to get a start.

For example- the different sorts of magic in the setting- devils have it instinct and will based, which can be explained as being so magical that is tied up in their instincts (think of it as them having as set of spiritual muscles humans lack- the usual use creating effects like their wings and language before they learn to use it conciously) - with certain families having instinctive ways to channel that energy- like how naruto does it but minus the hand signs- circle magic used by humans is from them trying to imitate how magical beings do it- thus the devil- mage partnerships- the base is the same so they can reverse engineer each others techniques- but since they don't have the same spiritual muscles devils have they can only crudely move the energy and move much less of it- the circles act like a computer circuit precisely channeling the energy being physical or mental constructs- originating from trying to imitate what devils can do.

all other species' magic would be that in different flavors- mages could try to imitate them as well- creating circles to create the same results but for the different species would have the same base mechanics for magic energy as devils- the difference being the respective mystical metabolism creating different results and abilities- many have much narrower natural abilities- needing to specifically learn magic to have anything significantly more or different.

sacred gears have their own system- god's mechanisms resolving who gets them- but they are powered on their own- not useing the host's energy but some other source (since many of them are magic items or creatures and many humans with them have no other magical abilities or training this make sense)

senjutsu would be either drawing on some energy distinct from what magic uses or the same energy but in a different way (for second it would either make magical energy more plentiful or more potent in some way) in any case it should open up a set of techniques that you need it to use, either specific to senjutsu in general, or to the person using it (in a sort of unlock potential or personal power amplification or such)

I am not sure how you would explain ki- which is sort of the odd man out here- maybe like I did- being a manipulation of the energy that naturally acumulates within you- keeping it in you rather than expelling it and all the techniques being a sort of refinement of the self physically. I would examine veritas since you included it and it has a more in depth exploration of it than I have seen anywhere else.

Take or leave any of this, I love the setting you are making- fusing all of these different stories and setting into a whole which fits and supports each other- creating a feeling of richness- that fantastic things are everywhere, that is so often absent even in stories that are fantasy kitchen sinks to use a trope. You use characters and settings as parts and tools, and instead of cheapening those characters, you are true to them and create a richness of setting by using much of it as a shorthand- we know of these stories- so just a short intrusion or inclusion attaches your story to theirs, but you do it so seemlessly and respectfully that feels like some of the official crossovers- that these characters are part of a greater world and it is a well concieved and wonderful world.
I hope I can help in some small part to help or inspire you to continue this my favorite crossover ever, and the best mega crossover ever.

also do you know how to attach files to post or such- so I could share some of the more thorough documents of my setting if you want.
This may be the greatest compliment I've ever be given. Seriously, that's amazing :eek: :cool:

Dude...you magnificent bastard...you just give me the greatest excuse for my Trial of the God-Harem King spin off.

If you're interested, the link to the series can be found in this link:

https://forum.questionablequesting....ng-trial-of-the-god-harem-king-spin-off.2209/

So technically speaking a mortal can have Epic Attributes, but an Exalt can't?

I call bullshit on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back