• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amuro Quest: QQ edition (Gundam/Super Robot Wars OG)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Index

Choices, choices
Soaring Dragon (I)
Soaring Dragon (II)
Soaring Dragon (III)
Once more...
1. Choices, Choices

AntonioCC

Verified Procrastinator
Index

Choices, choices
Soaring Dragon (I)
Soaring Dragon (II)
Soaring Dragon (III)
Once more in the breach
Battle and beyond

Interlude 1: Time to come

Aye, aye, Captain
Unexpected visitor
The Talk (no, not that one)
Many Questions and Few Answers
Geeks
Newsflash
Exposition (I)
Exposition (II)
Exposition (III)

Interlude 2: Closed World (part 1) (part 2) (part 3)

A puzzling development
One more time

Aditional Information:

How to vote

Omake

Alternate Openings: A Newtype in Brockton Bay

Some of you may remember this quest from SV. As I'm stumped on how to continue the other quest, I have decided to give it a run here, with a couple changes (adding a couple additional locations and a write-in option).

QUEST PROPER

You are Lieutenant Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces. You are 29 years old, a veteran Mobile Suit pilot and a powerful Newtype.

Your old rival, former friend and general pain-in-the-behind Char Aznable finally went completely bonkers and tried to drop a fucking big asteroid on Earth. You naturally sortied to stop him in your new Mobile Suit, the Nu Gundam. After a battle with heavy losses on both sides, and you making scrap metal of Char's Mobile Suit, you tried to stop the asteroid with your Mobile Suit and your awesome Newtype powers, amplified by Nu Gundam Psicoframe.

You, with a lot of help, managed to do it, but the Psycoframe overloaded and after enveloping you with a blinding light and making you see things weirder than an acid trip, you find yourself... back in Earth's orbit?

Before you can get your bearings, you note that you are making an uncontrolled reentry. So, after getting the Nu Gundam under control and surviving the reentry, you have decelerated enough to see where are you going to fall.

You see...

[]...an city that in a bay, with what seems like a reef almost completely covering the entry into the bay.

[]... a mountainous zone, with very good radar coverage, if the alarms showing in the instrument panel were any indication.

[] ...a city in a bay, with maddeningly familiar big, red bridge across it, and what seemed a lot of aerial traffic.

[] ...the ocean, with the lights of a city visible more than a hundred few kilometers beyond where your MS is headed. You can glimpse two big shadows under the water, moving to the city.

[] ...desert, a great expanse of desert, with mountains far away. As you try to slow the descent you glimpse what looks like a land battleship in the general zone where you are headed.

[] ...a city. It looks like a lot like your paternal grandparents home city, Tokyo, now that you think about it.

[] ...an scorched, and irradiated if the instruments are right, wasteland. You can see a nearby coastal city in ruins, with a battle being fought, if the explosions are an indication

[] ...an expanse of ocean, and according to the instruments there is a number of mobile suits, backed by some kind of battleship in an interception course.

[] Write In.

Last edited:
[X] ...an expanse of ocean, and according to the instruments there is a number of mobile suits, backed by some kind of battleship in an interception course.

This for some reason reminds me of a battle in "Super Robot Wars: OG". It would be a good place to arrive.

[X]... a mountainous zone, with very good radar coverage, if the alarms showing in the instrument panel were any indication.

For some reason this sounds like Stargate command to me, and the idea of them getting Mobile Suit technology rather intrigues me. Particularly if we're early enough in the series for it to form the base of their Starship tech, and lead to them unleashing Gundams on the Goa'uld.

[X]... a mountainous zone, with very good radar coverage, if the alarms showing in the instrument panel were any indication.

[X] ...the ocean, with the lights of a city visible more than a hundred few kilometers beyond where your MS is headed. You can glimpse two big shadows under the water, moving to the city.

Suppositions:
[]...an city that in a bay, with what seems like a reef almost completely covering the entry into the bay.
No idea
[]... a mountainous zone, with very good radar coverage, if the alarms showing in the instrument panel were any indication.
Maybe Blazblue?
[] ...a city in a bay, with maddeningly familiar big, red bridge across it, and what seemed a lot of aerial traffic.
Maybe the future of Amuro's world?
[] ...the ocean, with the lights of a city visible more than a hundred few kilometers beyond where your MS is headed. You can glimpse two big shadows under the water, moving to the city.
Pacific Rim?
[] ...desert, a great expanse of desert, with mountains far away. As you try to slow the descent you glimpse what looks like a land battleship in the general zone where you are headed.
Code Geass?
[] ...a city. It looks like a lot like your paternal grandparents home city, Tokyo, now that you think about it.
Evangelion?
[] ...an scorched, and irradiated if the instruments are right, wasteland. You can see a nearby coastal city in ruins, with a battle being fought, if the explosions are an indication
Fallout?
[] ...an expanse of ocean, and according to the instruments there is a number of mobile suits, backed by some kind of battleship in an interception course.
Like I said, Super Robot Wars: OG?

worm
Stargate
star trek
pacfic rim
super robot wars
gundam build fighters

As the old options were all spoiled in the old SV quest (hi, SIlversun), I'll repeat what I said then.

AntonioCC said:

Worm, indeed

Stargate

Star trek (specifically San Francisco)

Pacific Rim

Gundam X

Gundam Build Fighters

the new locations... well, I'll wait a bit, though I can say the one of the posters got it right

Two things:

• The two new entries are respectively: Terminator (radiactive wasteland) and Super Robot Wars OG.
  • Given the forum move, I'm moving the closure of the votes to Tomorrow night. That should give you 36 hours (give or take) to change your vote or to vote if you haven't voted yet and are interested.

mmmmmm, SRW OG, yes please I'll have me some of that, much better then the other options in my view anyway

[X] ...an expanse of ocean, and according to the instruments there is a number of mobile suits, backed by some kind of battleship in an interception course.

In hopes of stirring up more support, I'll point out that Stargate wouldn't only get Mobile Suit Technology out of the NU Gundam, but also the tech that went into its creation, such as Psy-comu Units (similar to, but presumably more easily reproduced than, the Alteran Neural Interface chairs), Metalurgy such as Lunar Titanium/Gundanium Alloy, and outright Bullshit Science like the Minovsky Particles. All of which would, of course, go into Ship Building, as well as the inevitable Anti-Goa'uld/Wraith/Ori/etc Mobile Suits... which, one must admit, would be a serious step-up from the F-302s.

I'll vote for OG.

Granted, regardless of what SRW tells you, funnels (even fin funnels that Nu should not have at this point) can't be used on planetary bodies.

In hopes of stirring up more support, I'll point out that Stargate wouldn't only get Mobile Suit Technology out of the NU Gundam, but also the tech that went into its creation, such as Psy-comu Units (similar to, but presumably more easily reproduced than, the Alteran Neural Interface chairs), Metalurgy such as Lunar Titanium/Gundanium Alloy, and outright Bullshit Science like the Minovsky Particles. All of which would, of course, go into Ship Building, as well as the inevitable Anti-Goa'uld/Wraith/Ori/etc Mobile Suits... which, one must admit, would be a serious step-up from the F-302s.

Pretty much. Of course, it's not always an easy road to integrate technologies.

Granted, regardless of what SRW tells you, funnels (even fin funnels that Nu should not have at this point) can't be used on planetary bodies.

It's more a "shouldn't" (tremendous loss of effectivity due to atmospheric drag and gravity) than a "can't", but if we survive Psycodriver technology may make that point moot.

True. R-3's funnel things are usable on a planetary body...

Yeah, and other things like the disks from the genspenst TT.

Well, as of now, eight hours before closing votes things stand like this:

* ...an expanse of ocean, and according to the instruments there is a number of mobile suits, backed by some kind of battleship in an interception course.[SRW OG]..............................................3 [Alexander, Eternitynchaos, Adyen]

*... a mountainous zone, with very good radar coverage, if the alarms showing in the instrument panel were any indication.[Stargate]...............................................................................2 [UndyinglichKing, Silversun17]

*...the ocean, with the lights of a city visible more than a hundred few kilometers beyond where your MS is headed. You can glimpse two big shadows under the water, moving to the city.[Pacific Rim]...1 [Xicree]

And a question: there is some vote count program for QQ, like the one from SV?

And...

VOTING CLOSED!

Results:

* ...an expanse of ocean, and according to the instruments there is a number of mobile suits, backed by some kind of battleship in an interception course.[SRW OG]..............................................3 [Alexander, Eternitynchaos, Adyen]

*... a mountainous zone, with very good radar coverage, if the alarms showing in the instrument panel were any indication.[Stargate]...............................................................................2 [UndyinglichKing, Silversun17]

*...the ocean, with the lights of a city visible more than a hundred few kilometers beyond where your MS is headed. You can glimpse two big shadows under the water, moving to the city.[Pacific Rim]...1 [Xicree]

So Amuro goes to fight into the Divine Wars. Story post in the next hours.

No, I don't think there is a vote count program for QQ.

Anyway, this is Ryuusei or Kyosuke Route?

Actually, I'm going to use the anime as a base for simplicity, interpersing things from the games that got chopped out (and things from the games where the OG characters appeared originally), as well as the "Record of the ATX" manga. And if you want to know what of both groups it is, "Soaring Dragon".

Actually, I'm going to use the anime as a base for simplicity, interpersing things from the games that got chopped out (and things from the games where the OG characters appeared originally), as well as the "Record of the ATX" manga. And if you want to know what of both groups it is, "Soaring Dragon".
I wonder how Amuro will react to units like the Cybuster and the Granzon, which are supposedly powered by "magic"...well, not that some of Amuro's feats aren't exactly "scientific".

2. Soaring Dragon (I)

If the instrumentation is correct, you are quite south, practically in the Antarctic Circle. In fact, now you can see a mass of white in the horizon that is probably the Antarctic continent... And now you realize that they weren't intercepting you. Not only because their MSs seems to be only able to, but because there are a big number of green bug-shaped Mobile Armors nearing the battleship. Weird, you didn't detected them earlier, but now appear loud and clear in your sensors.

First, you revise the status of your Gundam. Your quick reactions during the reentry saved the Nu Gundam a lot of damage, but some of it came through. And he doubted that those things were coming for milk and cookies.

Hmm, no internal damage and the hits that Char managed to do, didn't damage nothing important, but, in the other hand, you are out of Fin Funnels, you have lost both beam sabers and the Vulcan ammunition level is quite low. Wait, you remember that you asked the engineers to cram a beam saber in the back. You quickly search in the backpack, a dangerous maneuver when you were in combat with Char, and find it. It's shorter and stubbier that any of the one you used back in the fight, a Jegan beam saber. You quickly put it in the wrist compartment to let the internal accumulator charge Minovsky particles. And now, what to do?

[] Hail the red battleship.

[] Jump into the fight

[] Write in.

You can include stunts for the option you choose. And for those who don't know much about the Super Robot Wars: Original Generations 'verse, here are a couple images.

xh8qCoV.png

The battleship.

ox7sHRz.gif

The "mobile suits". One of them is painted red, though.

Edit: Forgot to add an image of the "Bugs"

rhNjIuB.jpg

Last edited:
[X] Hail the red battleship.

I don't think right now a stunt is necessary. Maybe if we're attacked, but right now we don't even know who are we supposed to fight...and even if we have to fight.

I don't think right now a stunt is necessary. Maybe if we're attacked, but right now we don't even know who are we supposed to fight...and even if we have to fight.

I know that her eit wasn't really necessary but in later entries it will be, and I preferred to start adding teh possibility from the beginning (also a stunt may not be flashy attacks or maneouvers, you can stunt in a conversation or making something, which will come later) .

[X] Hail the red battleship.

For all he knows, those bug machines are secret military anti-MS weapons developed by someone. Might as well get an introduction and perhaps a chance to just land and pass this battle? (Fat chance, especially after Shu appears...)

For all he knows, those bug machines are secret military anti-MS weapons developed by someone. Might as well get an introduction and perhaps a chance to just land and pass this battle? (Fat chance, especially after Shu appears...)

Yeah, and Aliens are probably very well down in his list of possible origins.

Due to unforeseen cincunstances, the voting will be open until tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back