• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amuro Quest: QQ edition (Gundam/Super Robot Wars OG)

[x]Hail the red battleship.

How peculiar that I learn of this the same day I start up SRW Alpha Gaiden....

Coincidences are weird sometimes.

Well...

VOTING CLOSED!

And the winner is (drum rolls)...

* Hail the red battleship. (EternitynChaos, Alexander, Adyen, EvaUnit01)

Not a big surprise here.

Okay, next entry in a few hours. Stay Tuned.

3.Soaring Dragon(II)
[X] Hail the red battleship.

You pray that this people uses the same range of frequencies than the Federation, because the ship don't resemble anything that you have ever seen either in Federation or Zeon use. The memory of Lalah's remark about seeing time, make you wonder briefly if you have been thrown into the future, before you come back firmly in the here and now.

You were starting to open a channel when the "Incoming transmission" warning light turned on in the control panel. Typical. Hmm... they are using a Federation frequency from the Gryps conflict era.

"...ttleship Hiryuu calling to white personal trooper in a descent course, identify yourself." Said a young female voice. "I repeat. Earth Federation Battleship Hiryuu calling to..."

'Earth Federation? Curious. And she called Nu a 'personal trooper', alternate universe, perhaps?' You say to yourself, before opening the channel. A green haired young woman wearing an unfamiliar uniform appeared in the screen. You think she couldn't be more than 20.

elZJ47A.png

"This is...

[]...Lieutenant Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." You say

[] Write-in

"We are just about to enter in combat, leave the area or we're be forced to classify you as hostile."

[] You comply. You aren't from around here, after all, and you want to know what are you are getting into.

[] You answer that you can be of help in the combat.

[] Write-in

You can include stunts for the option you choose. In this case, the wording of how do you present yourself, or presenting your case to the battleship crew.

Last edited:
[X]...Lieutenant Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." You say
[X] You answer that you can be of help in the combat.

[x]...Lieutenant Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." You say
[x] You answer that you can be of help in the combat.
-[x]"This Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" <start curbstomping Aerogaters>

[X]...Lieutenant Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." You say
[X] You answer that you can be of help in the combat.

[X] Answer that you've suffered damage from a previous battle and do not have flight capabilities thus must land somewhere. If she could direct you to the nearest area where she considers safe, you'll make an attempt to stay out of the conflict.

VOTING CLOSED!

1st choice: presentation

* [X]...Lieutenant Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." You say
4 votes (Alexander, EvaUnit01, EternitynChaos, Adyen)
- [x]"This Nu Gundam isn't just for show!"
1 vote (EvaUnit01)

2nd choice: Actions

* [X] You answer that you can be of help in the combat.
3 votes (Alexander, EvaUnit01, EternitynChaos)
* [X] Answer that you've suffered damage from a previous battle and do not have flight capabilities thus must land somewhere. If she could direct you to the nearest area where she considers safe, you'll make an attempt to stay out of the conflict.
1 vote (Adyen)

I'll post the entry tomorrow.

4.Soaring Dragon (III)
"This is Lieutanant Commander Amuro Ray, Earth Federation Space Forces, piloting Nu Gundam." You say

"We are just about to enter in combat, leave the area or we're be forced to classify you as hostile." Said the woman coolly

"Ma'am, this... 'personal trooper' can be of help to you in the coming fight. I'm an veteran pilot with combat experience." You say, and look at the sensor panel while the woman conferences with somebody off camera, her captain, probably.

If your sensors are working correctly, the mobile armors approaching are unmanned and... a sudden movement draw your eyes back to the screen in front of you. The image have changed, to another woman, a redhead with a different uniform and a peaked cap. The captain, you presume. An older man, in the same kind of uniform than the first woman was wearing stood to her side, the first officer, you bet.

DqVrTtb.jpg
YAE9HHv.jpg
"I'm Captain Lefina Enfield, Lieutenant Ray." Said the woman, trying to sound stern "Octo Squad in is need of help, so go to help them."

They give you frequencies to contact the deployed squad of 'personal troopers', that you learn, is the Octo Squad. You see that they are about to intercept the "bugs" over a great flat iceberg, and that with a little push of your verniers as you make the final descent, you could get rid of a few of them.

[] You use your verniers to push downwards and use the superior durability of Nu Gundam to kick through several of them before reversing direction to land gracefully.

[] You use your beam saber to cut through the nearer of them as you descend.

[] You think that that it is an unnecessary risk, contact Octo Squad and rendevouz with them to coordinate an strategy.

[] Write-in

As before, you can stunt the one of your choosing.

Last edited:
Not all that content with this part. I may do some small edits later (but not gonna change the options).

Ok, quick inventory check based on memory...

We have nothing except some vulcan rounds and a beam saber. Great.

The bigger problem is how adapable the weapons from the OG universe is to Nu. According to sizes, Nu is actually a taller than an average PT, though thinner. Theoritically that means the Nu should be able to use the most common PT weapons, but that would be the question of how responsive the psycho-frame is to allow controling of fingers...

[X] You use your beam saber to cut through the nearer of them as you descend. Then contact the Octo Squad to introduce yourself and ask if they have a spare weapon that can be borrowed.

Ok, quick inventory check based on memory...

We have nothing except some vulcan rounds and a beam saber. Great.

The bigger problem is how adapable the weapons from the OG universe is to Nu. According to sizes, Nu is actually a taller than an average PT, though thinner. Theoritically that means the Nu should be able to use the most common PT weapons, but that would be the question of how responsive the psycho-frame is to allow controling of fingers...

From what I have read the Psychoframe allow the pilot (in adition to standard Gundam controls) to control the MS as if it was his own body. And I'm assuming that Octo Squad is using the standard Genspent Mk II M.

[X] You use your beam saber to cut through the nearer of them as you descend.

[x] You use your verniers to push downwards and use the superior durability of Nu Gundam to kick through several of them before reversing direction to land gracefully.
-[x]"This Nu Gundam isn't just for show!"

I can't help it. I guess I should lay off Dynasty Warriors Gundam for a while....

Wait, no Fin Funnels at all? .... Well, since TK technology is a thing in Banpresto Originals land, at least it shouldn't be too hard to get someone to build new ones for us later, hopefully.

Wait, no Fin Funnels at all? .... Well, since TK technology is a thing in Banpresto Originals land, at least it shouldn't be too hard to get someone to build new ones for us later, hopefully.

Or Amuro could build them himself, after all, he has the skills (build Haro and designed Nu Gundam). And we coudl see things like this:

Okay, modified a bit the text to make it less cringe-worthy and added images of Lefina and Webley.

Vote closes Tuesday Night.

VOTING CLOSED!
[X] You use your beam saber to cut through the nearer of them as you descend. Then contact the Octo Squad to introduce yourself and ask if they have a spare weapon that can be borrowed.

1 Vote (Adyen)

1 vote (Alexander). Why did you vote twice?

[x] You use your verniers to push downwards and use the superior durability of Nu Gundam to kick through several of them before reversing direction to land gracefully.
-[x]"This Nu Gundam isn't just for show!"

1 vote (EvaUnit01)

Triple draw!

As Adyen and Alexander vote are functionally the same, with Adyen adding something to do after the descent, I think that that is the winning options.As always, next Quest part tomorrow.

And for the lurkers, don't be afraid to vote next time. I don't bite.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, how to change the title of the thread?

To change the title, edit the first post of the thread and the title there.

5.Once More into teh Breach
Thanks, Ayden.

And now, the story

'From the ground it probably looks like either random movements or a deadly dance.' You think as you slice the last 'Bug' in half before you touch ground, not too far from Octo Squad.

The three 'Personal Troopers' are shooting with what seems like MS-scale sub-machineguns, quite smaller than the big things that Zakus used to carry around, before beam technology became ubiquitous. You take a moment to take a breath before jumping into teh fray to help Octo Squad

"Octo-1, here Unicorn. Have any of you have a spare weapon?" you say, as another bug bites the dust. "Other than the plasma blade, I'm a bit short on offensive weapons."

"Sorry, a bit short in spares right now." She says as her PT turns to shot another one of the bugs. "Eat lead, goddamned bastard!"

We keep fighting but the number of the things kept increasing. Your Newtype senses and skills help a bit, but you are losing ground quickly, aided by the fact that the bugs can fly and you... don't.

"I guess that this is our unlucky day..." said Octo-3, Tasuku Shinguji.

"Don't get us involved in your damned bad luck!" says Katina, that, you are starting to realize, has a few screws loose.

As you cut down another bug that was about to shoot Octo-2, you feel an unfamiliar psychic presence approaching, similar to a Newtype, but not quite the same.

But your attention come back to the fight, that it doesn't look good. The four of you are almost completely surrounded, and you feel that you are going to need a fucking miracle to get out of here intact. The irony of it doesn't escape you, surviving saving the Earth from a big damned rock only to fall in an anonymous fight against bug-shaped mobile armors in what it seems an alternate Earth.

[] Write-In
This time, you are completely free to write the action of your choosing, as well as an stunt.

Huh. Time for the big reveal huh.

[X] Borrow Octo-3's weapon from him.
-[X] You have better thrusters and mobility, so you can lead the group to breakthrough a single area. But you need a ranged weapon to do that.
-[X] "Follow me! We need to get closer to the battleship so we can get some air support."

Voting closes Saturday night. And it is possible that I'll add an interlude after next story post.

-[X] You have better thrusters and mobility, so you can lead the group to breakthrough a single area. But you need a ranged weapon to do that.
-[X] "Follow me! We need to get closer to the battleship so we can get some air support."

I am not sure this work, but I'm out of ideas.

I am not sure this work, but I'm out of ideas.

Sorry, the idea was to give people a bit more of participation on how the story goes

Man, it would be so much easier if we were Masaki...

The problem would be Masato in that case. He has all the bad points of Shu without the excuse of being the chosen host of a Lovecraftian God-like entity. On the other hand a fully armed Nu Gundam would have made scrap of half of those bugs.

The problem would be Masato in that case. He has all the bad points of Shu without the excuse of being the chosen host of a Lovecraftian God-like entity. On the other hand a fully armed Nu Gundam would have made scrap of half of those bugs.

Oh god. Could you imagine what the two of them meeting would be like? Especially Pre-Free Shu?

Then again, that might give Shu ideas how to free himself without something like a fluke to free him.

(And by fully armed, you mean actually having ranged weapons or his beam rifle at minimum? Cause honestly, there isn't a lot of beam weaponry in OG and any that are shown to players seems pretty powerful...)

Oh god. Could you imagine what the two of them meeting would be like? Especially Pre-Free Shu?

Then again, that might give Shu ideas how to free himself without something like a fluke to free him.

Or the level of smugness would reach critical mass and collapse the universe :p. Now, more seriously, it would be worth doing by somebody more familiar with Zeorymer than me.

(And by fully armed, you mean actually having ranged weapons or his beam rifle at minimum? Cause honestly, there isn't a lot of beam weaponry in OG and any that are shown to players seems pretty powerful...)

Beam weaponry at minimum. I always had the impression that the OG-verse beam weapon technology was seriously delayed by the Vanishing Trooper incident. At least in the game, the Gespenst TT were shown to be equipped with prototype Beam Rifles.

Due to personal circumstances, vote remain open until tomorrow. See you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back