• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[x] Yes
-Ask to be paid in booze.

This is brilliant! A guaranteed way to get booze!

[X] Maybe
-[X] I'd like to know who I'm working for and what they want me to do. The last time I signed a contract without knowing the details... well, it wasn't good. For anyone.

[X] Maybe
-[X] I'd like to know who I'm working for and what they want me to do. The last time I signed a contract without knowing the details... well, it wasn't good. For anyone.
booze is probably worth more to us right now then all that money in our account

booze is probably worth more to us right now then all that money in our account

then you're going to want to put an X in some [] next to that. the last few chapters have had few enough voters that they could be counted by hand, but it's always a good idea to make sure you're following the standard voting structure.

[x] Yes
-[X] Ask to be paid in booze.

[X] Maybe
-[X] Ask to be paid part in advance

We might be able to use this to get Contessa to find a way get us some booze.

[X] Maybe

[X] Yes
-[X]Ask to be paid in booze. In advance. You'll start working after you've spend a day with your father drunk, thus sane.
-[X] "Also I think the reason I managed to show up here of all dimensions is the rising mana levels, not the other way around."

Path to breaking the Curse. We will FINALLY be able to explain to our dad what's been happening to us.

[X] Maybe

You know.... Flesh of a Fallen Star.... Cauldron Vial...

And we already have Tears of a Dragon.

Soon our only need will be the Bone of a Nightmare.

[X] Yes
-[X] But I'd like to get properly sloshed before I do my consulting work. I have a magical condition that makes me saner as I get drunker, so it would be in your interest as well.

[X] Yes
-[X] But I'd like to get properly sloshed before I do my consulting work. I have a magical condition that makes me saner as I get drunker, so it would be in your interest as well.

[X] Yes

[X] Yes

[X] Yes
-[X] Deal only happens after I drink it

Last edited:
[X] Yes

[X] Yes
this is a poor deal, we could ask for more tech support to making HQ more habitable for The Guild's members.

this is a poor deal, we could ask for more tech support to making HQ more habitable for The Guild's members.

we've already made our demands for what we want to be paid in, if you can find a write in that doesn't have us saying something along the lines of "uh, I know I said I only want booze, but there's a bunch of other stuff I'd like to extort ask you for..." then I'll vote for it. for now, this is the best way to get our curse broken, and I'm not sure what else we could do.

[X] Yes
-[X] Though it might be a few hours before we land.

"That would be fine. How much do you think would be worth a half an hour of your time?" she asks.

"Two five gallon kegs of vodka." you say drooling. "One of them up front."

We are truly the shrewdest of negotiators.

Also, this.
A Direct Address comma is used when you directly address the person being spoken to in dialog, such as by saying their name. Put one after the name if it's at the beginning of the sentence, one before the name if it's at the end, and one on either side if it's in the middle. These can significantly alter the meaning of a sentence, so here are some examples showing why they are important.

"Let's eat, Grandma." -> Inviting your grandmother to join you in a meal.
"Let's eat Grandma." -> Conspiracy to commit murder and cannibalism.

"Shoot, Jake!" -> You are telling Jake to shoot something.
"Shoot Jake!" -> You are telling someone to shoot Jake.

"Bob, hit me." -> You are asking Bob to hit you, for some reason.
"Bob hit me." -> You are dobbing Bob in for assaulting you.

"Come on, Sally." -> You are urging Sally to engage in some unspecified task or activity.
"Come on Sally." -> You are telling someone to, err... Never mind.

Note that you still do this even if you are using something in place of an actual name.

"Damn you, you vile wench." -> Damn that vile wench.
"Damn you you vile wench." -> Word salad.

"And that, my friend, is why I ate your cat." -> A perfectly ordinary conversation.
"And that my friend is why I ate your cat." -> Blargelbarf.
Dialog punctuation!
Essentially, what to end lines of dialog with and how to continue from there. The general idea is that-

"Hats are fun," she said.

-is technically a single sentence, so you use a comma instead of a period at the end of the dialog section and make the next word lower case, while-

"Hats are fun." She was adamant of her claim.

-is two sentences, and thus gets a period and a capital in the next word. It's the same thing with question marks and exclamation marks. Use lower case if it's part of the same sentence-

"Hats are fun?" she asked.
"Hats are fun!" she exclaimed.

-and upper case if it's not.

"Hats are fun?" She seemed confused by the idea.
"Hats are fun!" She was, perhaps, a little too excited about it.

You do the same sort of thing when you have the "She said" part before the dialog; Use a comma if it's part of the same "sentence". The dialog should still always start with a capital unless the line began earlier and was interrupted by the narration.

She said, "Hats are fun."
"Hats," she said, "are fun."

[X] Yes
-[X] But stay on base, and this nice girl with her friendly dogs will be keeping an eye on you.

[X] No
-[X] Not just right now, not just like that. If you want to go somewhere or do something in particular, you and I can discuss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back