• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

He won't, unless Celestia noticed the spell weakening and reinforced it somehow and considering the reason stated in Canon for that was the Elements being connected to the Mane 6 instead of Celestia and Luna I doubt it will last much longer otherwise especially since all it took to break it was three fillies fighting in front of him.
Tbh I'm surprised that he hasn't broken out yet, considering the sheer amount of chaos and discontent being generated since the attack on Luna.

Last edited:
Tbh I'm surprised that he hasn't broken out yet, considering the sheer amount of chaos and discontent being generated since the attack on Luna.
Yeah, I wonder if the binding works a little differently in this universe than it did in Canon.
Remember the platypus?
You think… that was Discord's influence? I thought it was just an amusing way of showing Comet's concern/a hook for us.

Remember the platypus?
Baldomare called Discord an Anchor. It kind of implies that he is not moving. He is also specifically in Canterlot and presumably it is not a recent development. Would Baldomare even use active God as a ladder? What if he teleports in the middle of her relocation? Chance of him being Platypus is significantly low.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I will laugh if it turns out that Discord—or whoever it ends up being—is sitting at the end of the Catacombs.
I feel between the possibility of this, the infeasibility of action, and the possibility we could get the info IC with a single scry (ie we save an action and 30 bits)… I am a little less certain of taking that option?

It feels a tad weird that the info is already so useful OOC we might not want to pick it up IC, but maybe something like Celestia's visit therefore provides something we can't get elsewhere?

I think the key wasn't actively searched because there was a lot of stuff happening in those turns(Twilight breakout, cult disbanding, Regrettable action, Canterlot expedition, Mareinette, whatever else I forgot happened).

looking at the updated character and contact sheets.

a few things to point out.

1) We are forge lvl 3 (2/4 to lvl 4) AND we have 2 lvl 3 forge books. In other words, with a study action we can reach forge 4. The only other lore not yet at 4 is Heart, which needs 3 more scraps (which we COULD in theory get from Mareinette, though it would be a bit of a waste of her time.

2) we also have a third, PROBABLY not-lore book we have to decipher first, and a knock 2 artifact that wouldn't give us scraps but MIGHT be useful. (a tuning fork).

3)Beginning of Turn 19 we'll find out what the benefits of Ash, the Third Wolf Son, is. It's heavily implied we can order Ash to kill someone for us.

4)Reminder: We removed the frightened Malus through Mareinette, but if we ever want to find out WHAT Velvet's trauma was all about, we need to remove the Scarred without her help.

"What are you doing here, Velvet? Nothing to see here yet. Move along now. You know too little about the Histories to be able to look into the future."

5)We're being teased about Luna. as a reminder, she'll be back at the end of this turn/beginning of the next. Side note, @OurLadyOfWires are you REALLY going to have Selene turn back into Luna without her EVER calling us "mom"?! Are you really THAT cruel?!

6)If I remember right, we need all lores at 4 before we can bring our family one rank higher (that includes Stormchaser, Silky and Soft Sweeps). As said before, we're one action away from Forge 4, we mostly need 3 scraps of Heart (Mareinette lessons and/or influence, or find new books for them. Another expedition could be a good idea too).

7)On turn 19 we'll also find out what Rarity's Grail 3 Realization power is. I vaguely remember something about her making clothes, and changing the way she perceives them?

8)Fluttershy is Winter 1. We can teach her to bring her to the next level if/when we want.

Twilight Sparkle:
-Level: [ACQUAINTANCE] (LOCKED)
-Lores: [LANTERN]/[UNKNOWN]
-Info: Leader, as far as you understand, of the Elements of Harmony. A young and genius unicorn mare who, despite her lack of social skills, had a bright and prosperous future ahead of her.
"I ruined her life..."

9) We ruined her life 🥺

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza:
-Lores: [GRAIL] [WINTER] [HEART]
-Info: (To be updated, given everything)
10) uh. I completely forgot we now know her affinities.

The Master:
-Lores: [MOTH 7] [LANTERN 5] [FORGE 5] [EDGE 5] [WINTER 5] [HEART 5] [GRAIL 5] [KNOCK 5] [SECRET HISTORIES 5]
-Info: The guide and lord of the Wildhoof Club, the first occult organization to appear after so long, she is perhaps the oldest and greatest eldritch creature to ever walk the Wake in the present Era. He was also, you learned the hardest way possible, the Will of the Woods. Or perhaps she was the Woods itself. But none of that matters now, because SHE BELONGS TO THE WOLF NOW
11) Hey, we can see the full sheet of the Master now! she had moth 7 Everything 5!

???: What is a Dyad without a Dyad? "Shoo! Nothing to see here."
12)intriguing

Foals, hatchlings and general young ones

Unfortunately, these are not yours to adopt. But only because your daughters need little friends to keep them company.

13)even the informational threadmarks teases us about our adopting ways!

We couldn't even find time to scry the key for the Daughter of Axes.
the idea was I think to scry for it next turn, as we resummon her, to find it before her summon would expire again.

5)We're being teased about Luna. as a reminder, she'll be back at the end of this turn/beginning of the next. Side note, @OurLadyOfWires are you REALLY going to have Selene turn back into Luna without her EVER calling us "mom"?! Are you really THAT cruel?!
Do recall why she was avoiding the word. A mom, to Selene, was someone who abandoned her. It's not a bad thing that she's not calling Velvet Mom.
7)On turn 19 we'll also find out what Rarity's Grail 3 Realization power is. I vaguely remember something about her making clothes, and changing the way she perceives them?
She was having difficulty identifying colors other than them being "wrong" or "right", though that might have been because she was on the verge before Velvet pushed her over and fixed it. But yes, it's definitely a perception based power.

The skill Rarity is going to learn is unrelated to her realization. It would be unfesible to create individual, interesting, and useful realizations for all characters, so i wont. They'll have narrative realizations, of course. But not all realizations and sacraments are created equal.

Anyhow. The coming rarity skill is related to the wedding choices.

Be careful. If you provoke him enough he may actually write a sweet and sad scene of Selene calling Velvet mom just before she falls asleep for the last time.

Depending on how much we want All-4 we could have it in 2 turns at best.

Also no I refuse to believe we ruined Twilight's life, we only made her extremely miserable, got her little brother and her parents killed and got her magic busted due to the broken horn but she still has so much to live for(also remember that is only Velvet's point of view and she hates herself).

Also for the DoA summon we are going to use 1 Expensive Gift and 1 Wrong Key to make it cost 0 bits right? Just want to be sure no one forgot about that.

Last edited:
Be careful. If you provoke him enough he may actually write a sweet and sad scene of Selene calling Velvet mom just before she falls asleep for the last time.
exactly!

though I kinda hope for a whispered "mom" from Luna too...

Also no I refuse to believe we ruined Twilight's life, we only made her extremely miserable, got her little brother killed and got her magic busted due to the broken horn but she still has so much to live for(also remember that is only Velvet's point of view and she hates herself).

also we nearly had her go mad from fascination, got her stuffed in a jar for MONTHS and then imprisoned and treated who knows how, and she also had her parents died (which could indirectly be attributed to us).

Also her brother got his horn broken too, and Celestia forgot her.

We're responsible directly and indirectly for a fair majority of the above

Velvet's responsibility in Twilight's life being ruined is a very subjective thing. Could she have probably saved her at several points? Maybe. But most of her involvement aside from the early Fascination debacle was failing to prevent many other actors, including Twilight herself, from making from making their own decisions.

Also Leashing Shining, but at that point Twilight was pretty fucked up anyways.

Nope. Alicorns are immune from what I recall. Or at least resistant enough that trying would be noticed and now we're playing a pile of ash.
To my knowledge... the list of can not leash included... foals (DO NOT), Alicorns (Powerful enough to ignore, and as you said, Celestia would promptly drop a Sun on Velvet for trying.), Names and similarly Lore-y entities (Powerful enough, knowledgeable enough... but they might at least find it cute? I recall something mentioned regarding the Master OOC... somewhere.), and I think that was about it?

Nor is Baldomare. In spite of her awesome knowledge.
Two things, Baldomare makes no comment on Twilight, that's all Velvet.

And Baldomare can't be anything but straightforward or lie, by omission or creative bending of truth and any other method you can think of. She is a Lantern Name and there is no mercy to be found in the light.

Last edited:
To my knowledge... the list of can not leash included... foals (DO NOT), Alicorns (Powerful enough to ignore, and as you said, Celestia would promptly drop a Sun on Velvet for trying.), Names and similarly Lore-y entities (Powerful enough, knowledgeable enough... but they might at least find it cute? I recall something mentioned regarding the Master OOC... somewhere.), and I think that was about it?
I could swear the other Councillors could shrug it off too—though Jade… probably would choose not to—but I might be misremembering. And yeah, trying to Leash the Master was—possibly jokingly—likened to probably coming off as a courting gesture. Kinda like roses and chocolates, if I had to guess. Though that's mostly because a Moth is weird enough that they probably wouldn't be offended IIRC. Other Names would probably have different reactions.

Twilight is... how to put it.

There is a reason Cadence had Velvet leave.
Not just because of how Twilight would react to Velvet. Not just because what Velvet has ended up doing to Twilight, even by proxy. Not just because Spike is gone.

Velvet has simply used up what was Twilight.
What she knew. What she believed. Who she trusted. Who was her support. Her magic even.

The door is closed to Velvet.
To open it would destroy who Twilight is. Rewrite who she is, remake her into someone that Velvet can talk with. That can learn something.
Fulfilling the lifelong dream of Rarity is something that Velvet could do. Befriending someone similarly distant like Fluttershy is something that can be done. Even proving oneself reliable and stead for family to ingratiate herself with Applejack is something in Velvet's wheelhouse.
But for Twilight? We had only the Lores to share.

And she was burnt
Whether she endures or changes is up in the air.
But unless you break what's left...
That won't be done by Velvet.

Velvet's daughter though...

And Baldomare can't be anything but straightforward or lie, by omission or creative bending of truth and any other method you can think of. She is a Lantern Name and there is no mercy to be found in the light.
We have seen her be wrong, and be not quite honest.

Last edited:
I could swear the other Councillors could shrug it off too—though Jade… probably would choose not to—but I might be misremembering. And yeah, trying to Leash the Master was—possibly jokingly—likened to probably coming off as a courting gesture. Kinda like roses and chocolates, if I had to guess.
Well, Velvet leashed Shining Armor while Master possessed him...
Velvet's responsibility in Twilight's life being ruined is a very subjective thing. Could she have probably saved her at several points? Maybe. But most of her involvement aside from the early Fascination debacle was failing to prevent many other actors, including Twilight herself, from making from making their own decisions.

Also Leashing Shining, but at that point Twilight was pretty fucked up anyways.
I definitely would be interested in checking on Twilight in following up turn, she is not a mare that should be left without oversight if at all possible. Maybe send servants to check on her, or Rarity if we can spare her action.

Of course if we want to help Twilight to find joy in life again we should send Marinette. Surely nothing can go wrong with this plan :V

I think Chrysalis and the Master did the lions share of the work there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back