• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Turn 19 - Velvet's phase New
Vote tally

Followers' phase plan:
[X] Plan Pittauro, With Changeling Detectives
-[X] Axe, yes! (Costs one VELVET action)
-[X][DETECTIVES] (FOLLOW UP) There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[X][CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN one VELVET action for the next phase)
-[X][COMMISSIONER] The Bureau is more than an institution, it is a gathering of dedicated ponies working towards a unified goal. Ingrain yourself with them. (Establish, increase, or salvage the loyalty of the Bureau towards you personally.)
-[X][RARITY] Take a commission. (Gain at least 100 bits immediately, will "fail" her career roll)
-[X][SELENE] Realize something about Edge. (Unlock her Edge skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X][SELENE] Realize something about Knock. (Unlock her Knock skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] One extra Velvet action! (Costs 2 follower actions)
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, search for "The Key that Only Opens" the Daughter of Axe wants)
--[X] To be performed on the safe place Baldomare directed you to. (Will expire at the end of turn 20)
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, search for "the easiest lvl 6 book we can get for Baldomare")
--[X] To be performed on the safe place Baldomare directed you to. (Will expire at the end of turn 20)
-[X] WRITE IN: Canterlot part 2 expedition
-[X] Attack your foe, or defend yourself. In war, there is no other option.
--[X][GUARD] You would very much like to keep this safe. (Your home)

You have used one Reagent.

You have used one Wrong Key.

You have used one of Velvet Pride's gifts.

[Rolling…]

You have successfully summoned the Daughter-of-Axes.

- - -

You are Commissioner Velvet Covers, and right now you are at work.

Well, you are physically at work. But you are not really concentrated on your usual tasks.

Not exactly, that is.

"Well, my dear Deputy, don't you have anything else to say?" you ask, a wry smile appearing on your face as you do.

And you don't even bother to hide your amusement as Shining Armor tries his best to avoid meeting your gaze.

"A-as I said, Commissioner, there is nothing to report," he says, letting out a dry, uncomfortable cough. "This is everything that happened during your absence, ever since the beginning of the week."

And once again, the perfect stallion gives you a perfectly professional answer.

Because of course, what other answer could he possibly tell you? You asked him for a "report" and your loyal Deputy told you how everything went in the Bureau, while you were away.

And as far as the stallion knows, there is nothing else for him to report. Or rather, you couldn't possibly be asking him about anything else, could you? Nay, you wouldn't dare ask him about anything else, would you?

Or at least, that is what he thought.

That is what he hoped.

That is what he dearly prayed for, although ponykind has no gods in this Era.

But as soon as he gave you his report, and the silence began to stretch long between the two of you…

As soon as he looked into your eyes for but a moment, and felt the intensity of your gaze...

Oh, he knew he would not leave this room with just that.

"Shining, Shining, Shining…" you say, his name rolling off your tongue like a smooth melody. "I thought we were friends. I thought we were the kind of pony who could trust each other. Are you really going to leave things this way?" you ask.

And you watch as the stallion squirms under the pressure… no, under the thirst in your eyes.

"Are you really going to force me to ask Cadance? Mares talk, you know…"

He is beginning to sweat. You have him cornered now. And you know that if you push him just a little longer, he will do… something. You are not sure what he will do, but you can tell your hoof is hovering over his fight-or-flight button.

So, you…

Let out a short laugh, covering your mouth with a hoof as you allow the situation to defuse itself.

And you pretend you don't see the poorly hidden sigh of relief the stallion lets out.

But really, you know you were being a little… well, not cruel, not mean, but you definitely were making things uncomfortable. After all, what the hay was the stallion supposed to do? Tell you the details about how his honeymoon went with Cadance?

Well, he could have been smooth, and deflected your question by telling you what they did during the day. After all, you are sure they traveled around during those the two weeks they had for themselves. But alas, poor Shining lacks the skills to wriggle himself out of these kinds of conversations.

And again, this is the kind of conversation you ought to have with Cadance, not with him. Mares talk, and you are sure she will tell you everything, suitable for work or not… later.

"Well then, if this is how things will be," you say, giving him a long and theatrical shrug as if it couldn't be helped. "But again, it is good to have you back, Shining. We managed to survive without you, while you were away, but your absence was definitely felt."

"I appreciate that, Lady Velvet. But I am sure you had everything under control just fine," he answers, thankful that the two of you are finally going back to a more comfortable topic.

But as he says that, you can't help but narrow your eyes a little bit. His words bringing a few stray thoughts you had rolling inside your head into focus.

You clip your hoofs together once or twice as you think about a particular topic, until you decide that now is the best time to discuss it.

"Actually, Shining, I have been meaning to ask you something," you say. "Something about the Bureau, and the ponies we have with us," you quickly add.

"What would that be, Lady Velvet?"

"You see, I… how can I best put this…? While you were away, I tried to get to know our ponies better. I visited this and that part of the Bureau, and tried to talk to some of our staff. Specifically, to the ponies I haven't spoken to ever since we hired them."

Shining Armor narrows his eyes as you speak, as if he is unsure of where you are taking this. Still, he patiently waits for you to continue.

"But everywhere I went, everypony I tried to speak with, I couldn't help but notice they were a little nervous." You say that, but after a few moments you just let out a sigh. There's no reason for you to sugarcoat it, so you just won't. "Actually, more than just nervous. They were tense. Downright alarmed, sometimes."

You say that, and you think for a second that Shining Armor will react with confusion, or that he will at least ask you a few more questions so he can better understand the situation.

However, to your surprise, Shining just nods. Almost as if he is agreeing with you?

No, more than just that. He nods as if he knows exactly what you are talking about.

"Ah, I see what's going on," he says, although in such a low tone that you think he is talking to himself for a moment.

"Wait, what do you mean?" you quickly interject. "Shining, I… do you know about this? Is this something you heard about? What is going on?"

You ask that, and you don't even try to hide how concerned your voice is.

Because, well, is something going on? Do your employees, your agents and everypony else, have a negative image of you?

Did you do something wrong, to the point that they think they should be hesitant around you? That they should be afraid of you?

"Lady Velvet, well, how can I explain this?" he starts to say, although you can tell from his expression that he is a little uncomfortable with what he is about to tell you.

He isn't wearing a scowl. Not exactly. But still, you can tell that he wished there was an easier way to talk about this subject.

"Actually, I think I know where to begin… Commissioner, do you remember the first time we met?"

"Of course I do. It was during the search for Princess Luna, wasn't it? We met in the Royal Castle and all."

"Yes, yes, of course. But do you remember the… circumstances of how we met?" he asks. As if trying to take the conversation in a particular direction.

So, since you can tell he is probing you for a specific answer, you try your best to remember that time. Still, it was so many months ago that…

"Well… I had Rarity with me… And I remember we stayed here for a few weeks… Wait, is it because we worked until late? Is this a work-hours issue?"

"No, no, it's not that," he says, shaking a hoof. Trying his best to figure out a way to make you realize what he is talking about, without actually saying it himself. "Do you remember the, uh, circumstances that led to you being called to Canterlot to begin with?"

"Shining, I am actually getting worried now," you say, "can you please cut to the chase?"

You ask that, and you can tell that the stallion very much doesn't want to cut to the chase.

But still, you watch as he resigns himself to it, and then he tells you that…

- - -

"But…" you say, still not being able to believe it. "But I am a mare, Shining. A unicorn mare! You'd need two of me to make one of you Royal Guards. How could they possibly be scared of me?"

"The word I used was intimidated, Lady Velvet. And like I said, it's more about your fame than anything else."

"I… what do you mean fame. I was barely known by my family until a year ago!"

"And that's the problem, Lady Velvet."

Shining Armor says that, and you can tell that he is genuinely sorry for saying that. Still, the more you think about it, the more you come to accept that he is telling the truth.

"You left, uh, quite an impression on Chalkhoof, for starters. Remember? He still asks about you when we meet, even. And then, the way you whippes u-I mean helped us during the searches, was quite notorious. The letters you sent to the Guard parties were very pointed, and I didn't even need to co-sign them after a few days to make ponies realize they had to be followed." He goes on and on. Almost as if he is reading from a mental list, much to your distraught. "And then word went around that Princess Celestia herself stopped by the Royal Castle to thank you, and then…"

His words trail off, as he looks at the insignia you have on your chest. And you already know what he means to say next.

And then you went on and became the Commissioner of the Lunar Bureau, at the same time every other noble in Equestria was all but cast down from their tall mansions.

He says all of that with an honestly apologetic tone. And more than just that, you can tell that he is even commiserating with you a little.

Which makes sense, you suppose. You can't imagine how marrying a Princess must have changed how ponies look at him. Both positively and negatively.

"Until finally, we had the Blueblood affair. And although I agree that having the family Lord himself dragged away in public worked in sending everypony else a message, we both have to admit that the message we made is tied to you as much as it is tied to the Bureau," he finally finishes.

And you get what he is saying.

Still, you honestly feel bad about this. You really do.

You never meant to be seen as this bogeymare of a pony, who was lurking in the shadows of Equestria all along, and who suddenly rose into prominence. You never wanted to be feared. Heavens, you never even wanted to be known. You would have been perfectly content if Princess Celestia never publicly declared the identity of the Bureau's Commissioner.

And more importantly, could this possibly affect your husband? Hay, there has been a growing number of ponies moving to Ponyville from all around Equestria. What if this somehow affects your daughter? It wouldn't be impossible for a parent who heard something bad about you to repeat that in front of their foals, so what if Silky ends up being affected by this in her school?

Good grief, you never really thought about this. You always had so much to worry about that you never…

"Well, but you eventually got to know me better, didn't you?" You ask, the ring of your voice turning slightly stressed, or perhaps even desperate, as you try to figure out a way to change this situation. "I mean, you just admitted you were also, well, cautious about me at first? But here we are. And all jokes aside, I really consider you a friend, Shining. So how did this happen? When did you… well, start seeing me as a pony, rather than this image I seem to have?"

Is this the price of fame? Is this the price of authority? Is there any way you can possibly turn this ship around before it is too late?

Because you have no love for bad ponies, of course. But you definitely don't want to be known as a mare that should be feared. That's just not who you are.

Heavens, you think you just understood yet another aspect of why Fair Trial was so desperate to have the Bureau working together with her… In fact, is she going through the same thing right now?

"Ah, that's easier to answer, Lady Velvet," he says, without hesitation. "Cadance helped a lot, for sure. She told me about you every now and then, and that helped me dispel that previous image I had of you. But more importantly, I feel that I definitely got to know you better during my time in Ponyville."

Of course, a wave of relief runs through you as Shining Armor throws you this lifeline. And a small smile appears on your face as you remember what he is talking about.

"Well, I can't say I recall much about the time I was in bed, all bruised up. But remember the first few days I was in Ponyville? Before that whole mess? I think that's when I got to know you a lot better than I did before."

Yes, this makes a lot of sense. More than that, this might actually be your way out!

You recall the few days that Shining Armor was in your home, before he got hurt and Cadance arrived. He would spend almost the entire day out, looking for his sister. But still, you remember how he would join your family for breakfast or a late dinner, here and there.

Because of course, you keep your family life close to your chest for obvious reasons. But for all that keeps your own ponies safe, that also means that everypony else only ever knows you from what they heard about the Commissioner.

And for all that you are definitely not about to publicize your private life, that doesn't mean that you can't... at least to your colleagues in the Bureau, that is, you definitely could...!

You light up your horn, levitating the magical bell you have on your desk and ringing it a single time. The signal that you are calling for one of your secretaries.

"Yes, Commissioner?" Raven asks, opening the door to your office after a short knock.

"Inkwell," you say, looking towards the mare, "I want you to clear a day on my calendar. The very last day of the next week," you say, as soon as your solution to this problem presents itself in your mind.

"Of course, Commissioner. Will you be heading home one day earlier next week?" she asks, floating a small notepad from one of her pockets, and quickly writing down a few words as she speaks.

"No. Actually, let me be clearer. Could you please make sure everypony is free on that day? And prepare a circular for all of our departments. Investigators included. I want us to prepare for an event on that day."

You watch as Raven lifts one of her eyebrows, slightly curious. But still, she quickly write down your orders before asking the obvious question.

"I'll see to it immediately, Commissioner. And what event will we be planning?"

"A bring your family to work day, Inkwell," you say. "I would like everypony to… get to know the Bureau a little better. Or at least to know that we all have more things in common than just our workplace."

The white mare gives you a quick nod, a small smile appearing on her face as she does that. And moments later, she excuses herself and leaves.

Leaving you alone with Shining Armor, so the two of you can continue planning out the rest of this coming month.

- - -

VELVET'S PHASE

This turn's available bits: 349

Monthly revenue: 160 bits/month

Rarity's dividends for this turn: 55 (ongoing contract) + 118 (commission)

- - -

You have FIVE personal actions, ONE (free) social action, and ZERO (free) Mansus exploration actions. (Four personal actions, minus one used to summon the Daughter-of-Axes, plus two from your followers' actions).

-Velvet Covers' free Mansus exploration action will be used to find her way to the Blank Plains.
-You may plan any Mansus actions/exploration as if you had already explored the "initial" area at the bottom of the Mansus. Meaning your plans can consider that you can access the Blank Plains and higher areas unimpeded.
-However, Velvet Covers' automatic exploration will only cover the first area of the Ashen Wastes. Other connected areas will not be automatically or freely explored.

-[] Do something about your opponents
"They might not be your enemies, but they are definitely not your friends."
(Knowing, or at least suspecting, an opponent's location is vital for a non-ritual action to succeed. Otherwise, the pony sent will spend their action investigating an opponent's whereabouts)

Copper Secateur (possible location suspected)
--[] [COPPER] Participate in an assault against this opponent
--[] [COPPER] Try to locate or spy on this opponent
--[] [COPPER] Perform a ritual aimed at this opponent (WRITE IN which)
--[] [COPPER] Attempt to contact or parlay with this opponent this opponent (WRITE IN what to talk about, if you locate them and they are willing to talk)

Windy Flakes (possible location unknown)
--[] [WINDY] Participate in an assault against this opponent
--[] [WINDY] Try to locate or spy on this opponent
--[] [WINDY] Perform a ritual aimed at this opponent (WRITE IN which)
--[] [WINDY] Attempt to contact or parlay with this opponent this opponent (WRITE IN what to talk about, if you locate them and they are willing to talk)

Towards Glory
-[] There is something in Canterlot that you simply must find. Look for it. (Progress 0/200, applies Intrigue and Secret Histories)
-[] There is no use in finding an Outsider if you do not have the means to extract its blood. But you suspect there is a place, at the summit of the Mansus, where things that should not perish have already died. (Costs one Mansus exploration action)

You also have the free time to…
These personal, non-Mansus actions are free.

-[] Before this month starts, you will perform a ritual to draw the attention of [SPECIFY LORE] (This is a free action to summon "The Attention of the Laws")

-[] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about… (WRITE IN)

-[] The delights of subservience (Leash currently targeting: NO TARGET)
--[] Change Leash to another target. (Write-in who)
--[] Un-Leash the current target.

Pick ONE social/teaching action, for your free time at home.
-[] [SOCIAL] Spend time with Cheerilee, your daughter's schoolteacher.
-[] [SOCIAL] Spend time with Mayor Mare, the de-factor ruler of Ponyville.
-[] [SOCIAL] Spend time with Filthy Rich, a well-to-do and wealthy businesspony.
-[] [SOCIAL] Spend time with Applejack, daughter of the Apple Clan and older sister to your daughter's friend.
-[] [SOCIAL] Go into town and try to meet somepony interesting.

-[] [SOCIAL] Teach Rarity, and make her a Seeker.
-[] [SOCIAL] Teach Jade, and make her a Seeker.
-[] [SOCIAL] Teach Fluttershy, and make her a Disciple.
-[] [SOCIAL] Teach your family the Lores. (Requires "all Lores" to be Level 4 or higher, affects your entire family)

No more running, no more hesitation. If you don't do this, somepony else will, and that thought sometimes terrifies you. FREE MANSUS ACTION ALREADY AUTO-PICKED
You must pick a single action. You will suffer a malus if there are no new locations to explore (but reaching a Door will give you a "grace" period of a few turns) FREE MANSUS ACTION WILL BE AUTO-SPENT
-[] [KNOCK] The Ashen Wastes
--[] [KNOCK] Tarrying in the Wastes is always a poor idea… but there is no other way to discover what this place holds.

--[] The Blank Plains (Blank Plains fully explored)

-[] [KNOCK] The Shattered Stairways
--[] [KNOCK] A labyrinth of stairs. A monument of a gone age. A sprawling ruin. See where the many paths might lead you.

-[] [KNOCK] The Ruined Church
--[] [KNOCK] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church (Mansus Expedition)

-[] [KNOCK] The Summit
--[] [KNOCK] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.

-[] These are the skills that allow you to climb the Mansus. (Actions towards your possible Sacraments)
--[] Towards that cold Winter that awaits us all
---[] Investigating the End (Costs 30 bits. May be done multiple times per turn. Somepony, somewhere, will die.)
---[] Beg for knowledge of the End, so that you may learn of its necessity. (Will also provide you with an Edge Sacrament) [THIS IS A REGRETTABLE ACTION]
---[] Invitation? No Winter Names summoned

--[] Knock, and ye shall open
---[] Offer to go beyond the foggy mirror, to perform an errand for the Daughter-of-Axes Requires Knock 4/4

--[] Attempt, even if foolishly, to untangle the webs of the Secret Histories
---[] Investigate your current skills. To try to understand them, if nothing else. (Current progress 1/3) (THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION)
---[] Follow Baldomare, towards a place Beyond the Map's Edge (This is an Expedition action) (this requires Baldomare to be set "to participate in an expedition", ONE Velvet action, and 40 bits)

--[] Take that terrifying leap, into the abyss we call change
---[] Don the mask, shear your mane, pick the only pony who will notice it. Snip snip snip (WRITE IN a CONFIDANT to be permanently lost) Requires Moth 4/4
---[] Invitation? No Moth Names available

--[] But what might we learn, when we fulfill out desires?
---[] "The Act" (WRITE IN three minion-equivalent ponies) Requires Grail 4/4
---[] "An invitation to dinner" (WRITE IN a minion-equivalent pony, or a prisoner, to be destroyed)

--[] You must learn more. Always, always more. The higher you rise, the more you see!
---[] "The Conversation" (WRITE IN a minion-equivalent pony, or a prisoner, to be destroyed) Requires Lantern 4/4
---[] Pay Baldomare her fee. (WRITE IN FOUR followers, or equivalents, for Baldomare's expedition) Requires Lantern 4/4

--[] Learn of that bright Edge, that lives within us all
---[] "I see you my enemy" (WRITE IN who you will challenge) Requires Edge 3/4
---[] Be blessed by that Wound, which never ceases to grow. (Will also provide you with a Winter Sacrament) [THIS IS A REGRETTABLE ACTION]
---[] Invitation? No Edge Names summoned

-[] A fleeting opportunity (rumor mills spin, opportunities come and go. These actions might never be available again)
--[] You know what Comet Feet did. Perhaps you should confront him. Or perhaps you should not?
--[] Retroactively use Pride's gift to craft Axe's reagent. (FREE ACTION, but costs reagent-crafting action)
(The action above is the equivalent of crafting a new Level 3 reagent using Velvet Pride's gift, and "hastily" using it to summon Axe. It will result in your Knock 2 Edge 1 reagent being recovered, or never spent to begin with. And it will consume Velvet Pride's second gift without angering him.)

-[] On the treasures that bits may buy (actions where you search for things to purchase)
(All transportation costs have been waived)
--[] There are books that could be of use. You should start looking for them.
---[] In Ponyville, and its… great assortments of libraries? (HEART, FORGE)
---[] In the great libraries of Canterlot… the ones that are open to public access, that is (LANTERN, GRAIL, SECRET HISTORIES)
---[] In the many small bookshops that dot the side streets of Manehattan (MOTH, EDGE, KNOCK)
(Due to SECRET HISTORIES 3, now you have a better idea of what you are more likely to find in each city)

--[] Although you are personally judicious about such habits, you are still a noble. Searching for "peculiar items" to "add to your collection" is certainly not out of place… right? (Search for an artifact to buy)

--[] You have ingrained yourself with the merchants of Ponyville. Tap into your sources and procure an artifact. (Specify LORE and LEVEL, up to Level 3. It will be added to your available list, but will be more expensive than normal)

--[] You haven't forgotten about it, you just put it on hold until a more convenient time. (Purchases done here will arrive/be completed at the end of this turn.) (Does NOT cost an action)
---[] NO ARTIFACTS AVAILABLE

On furthering your interests
-[] Jade's house is now adequately clean. Or at least sufficiently presentable for ponies to work on it. You should… (Forge-aligned ponies are better suited at attempting these tasks)
--[] You need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it.
--[] You might need a place to… "store" your enemies. Alive. Dig a small prison under her house.

On planning an Expedition.
(All options involve a test, and can fail, Secret-Histories aligned ponies are better suited at attempting these tasks)
-[] [EXPEDITION] Equestria is full of undiscovered places. You must learn their secrets…
--[] [EXPEDITION] Search for a place that is recent in its ruin, whose History is decided. Mundane as it might be, it might still bear treasures. (Search for an "easy" expedition)
--[] [EXPEDITION] Search for a place that is old in its History. Where the influence of the Mansus is but an echo, but that can still be heard in the wind. (Search for an intermediary expedition)
--[] [EXPEDITION] Search for a place that should be better left forgotten. According to the powers of this Era, at least. Finding it will be hard, though, and uncovering its secrets even harder. (Search for a very hard expedition)

-[] [EXPEDITION] "Beneath the Royal Castle, pt. 2"
--[] [EXPEDITION] Scout out the place so you can have a better grasp of what lies ahead of you.
--[] [EXPEDITION] You know enough, and there is not much time. Gather your followers and head out. (Costs TWO actions, as specified)

On furthering knowledge. Yours, or somepony else's.
-[] [TEACH] Write a Manifest. It will not benefit you directly, but it will certainly benefit anypony else with whoever you allow into your library. (WRITE IN Lore)
-[] [TEACH] Teach Rarity, and make her a Seeker.
-[] [TEACH] Teach Jade, and make her a Seeker.
-[] [TEACH] Teach Fluttershy, and make her a Disciple.
-[] [TEACH] Teach your family the Lores. (Requires "all Lores" to be Level 4 or higher, affects your entire family)

(You may study three books, OR two artifacts, OR one book and one artifact. Studying/developing a ritual costs an entire action.)

-[] [LEARN] There is something about this… thing, and you must learn what it is
--[] KNOCK Level 2 artifact

-[] [LEARN] It doesn't have to be just during a leisure weekend evening, you can fit a few minutes of reading even when walking between rooms if you really get into it!
--[] [LEARN] BOOK, HEART Level 1. "A small book that covers a particular kind of elegant dancing".
--[] [LEARN] BOOK, FORGE Level 1. "A small handbook on camping, explaining the basics of how to build a tent and start a small fire".
--[] [LEARN] BOOK FORGE Level 3. "A real guide to beginner's level blacksmithing. The bookstore owner almost seemed excited in having this reach your hoofs via your servants."
--[] [LEARN] BOOK FORGE Level 3. The book is simply titled 'Chemistry', and your servants reluctantly admitted that was the only word they understood in it. Of course you know they were being dramatic, but that also means that the contents of the book must be way, way beyond what they teach at schools."
--[] [LEARN] BOOK, KNOCK Level 2. "A fairly recent, and short, book about dream interpretation. You know it is recent because it was dedicated to Princess Luna's return".
--[] [LEARN] BOOK EDGE Level 1. "The title is self-explanatory: 'Four self-defense spells every unicorn should know'. You doubt they are anything more than different variations of concentrated telekinesis."
--[] [LEARN] BOOK UNKNOWN LORE. "An old book, hoof-written and bound with rusty metal pins. Found in the cavernous undergrounds of the Royal Castle. The language written in it is strange, but the alphabet itself is not. This is clearly from this age." (REQUIRES DECIPHERING, unknown if it will grant Lore-knowledge. From Current Era: "-20" malus while deciphering. Current Progress 0/50)

-[] [LEARN] It all fits together, somehow… or so you hope.
--[] [LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one (Progress 0/100, uses Learning and LANTERN)

On scaling the Mansus (Pick TWO options for every action spent)
-[] [MANSUS] The Wastes
--[] [MANSUS] Stalk the Ashen Wastes. The alternative is to be stalked. (Velvet Covers will already do it this turn)
--[] [MANSUS] Tarrying in the Wastes is always a poor idea… but there is no other way to discover what this place holds. (Search for a new area)

-[] [MANSUS] The Blank Door
--[] [MANSUS] Explore the Blank Plains, the first afterlife of ponykind.
--[] [MANSUS] Visit the Lodge of the Sage Pony. You may not be able to talk to Baldomare, but you surely can listen very well.
--[] [MANSUS] Visit the Garden of Mirrors, where the Mares attend the glassy flowers.
--[] [MANSUS] Explore what lies beyond the Garden of Mirrors, behind that pale veil of fog Requires a Winter Sacrament
--[] [MANSUS] Reach for The Tower, at the impossible edge of the Blank Plains, and meditate on what you are lacking. (Gain one scrap of Secret Histories Lore) This option will not net you any gain.

-[] [MANSUS] The Shattered Stairways
--[] [MANSUS] Wander through the maze of broken stairs. Perhaps you will stumble upon something.
--[] [MANSUS] Reach for the Valley of Keys, where the snakemare of the Mansus toils for her freedom.
--[] [MANSUS] Seek audience with the Wolf-Divided (you will be given a useful gift. Gifts will always be increasingly more precious and useful. There is no risk of receiving any maluses or wounds) [This is a Regrettable Action]
--[] [MANSUS] There are other markings to be followed within this maddening labyrinth of stairs. Follow them. (Search for a new area)

-[] [MANSUS] Beyond the Tribal Door
--[] [MANSUS] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church (Mansus Expedition)
--[] [MANSUS] Visit Biedde on his post, and gaze upon the Worm Museum
--[] [MANSUS] What remains of the heart of the Mansus is but a tortured maze of glass and dead ends. Wander through its corridors.

-[] [MANSUS] The Summit
--[] [MANSUS] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.

On more personal matters
-[] Of course you love your family very much, but you could always spend a bit more time with them.
--[] Just another pleasant day that you will spend with them. Perfect for cooling your head off.
--[] WRITE IN (other ways to spend time with your family, or anything else)

-[] Go into town and try to meet somepony interesting.

-[] Much to your own satisfaction, you now have a personal life outside of your maids, immediate family and business related meetings. You could choose to spend some time with…
--[] Cheerilee, your daughter's schoolteacher
--[] Mayor Mare, the de-facto ruler of Ponyville
--[] Filthy Rich, a well-to-do and wealthy bussinespony
--[] Applejack, daughter of the Apple Clan and older sister to your daughter's friend
--[] WRITE IN (arrange to take your daughter to meet some of your younger acquaintances, or plan something else entirely)

On invoking the Lores (see RITUALS for more information, as well as CD and cost. SPECIFY if you will offer SACRIFICE)
Your own reagents, and other possible sacrifices:
-All of your Artifacts
-HEART, Level 1
-2x Wrong Key (KNOCK reagent, level 3)

-[] [FORGE] It's actually a lot simpler than it sounds, now that you know what you are doing (produce a reagent, write in which Lore/combination of Lores.
(You cannot produce a reagent with a Lore level superior to your own.) (Producing a single reagent is a FREE ACTION, producing 3 costs 1 action, 5 costs 2 actions, so on.)
--[] [FORGE] Level 1 reagent (5 bits)
--[] [FORGE Level 2 reagent (20 bits)
--[] [FORGE] Level 3 reagent (45 bits)

-[] It's grim work, but needs must.
--[] Acquire a dead body from the local cemetery.
--[] Acquire a live pony. (You have no place to keep live prisoners)

-[] "The proper things, in the proper manner, in the proper order. God help us all." (Perform a Ritual)
--[] "The Attention of the Laws" (specify Aspect)
--[] "The Forge's Redemption"
--[] "The Incision of the Heart"
--[] "The Path Through Nightmares" (specify target)
--[] "The End is Beautiful" (specify target)
--[] "The calling of Influence" (specify Aspect)
--[] "The Reflection of the Tapestry" (specify subject)
--[] Invoke a Risen (SPECIFY dead body used as source. ONE Risen is a FREE ACTION)
--[] Invoke a Windigo
--[] Invoke a Mare-in-the-Light
--[] Invoke Baldomare Already summoned
--[] Invoke the Daugher-of-Axes Already summoned
--[] Invoke Mareinette, Our Lady of Wires
--[] Invoke Biedde

--[] To be performed at your own home, where you will... hopefully not leave many trails
--[] To be performed in Jade's old house (only up to Two-Circle rituals)
--[] To be performed on an inconspicuous place, located by Baldomare
--[] To be performed on another location (you do not yet know or own any such location)

-[] Something else? (WRITE IN. Anything, but I will have to consider it, and it might make the voting period a bit longer)

Remember that write-ins for anything may be suggested. I'll do my best to answer if they are reasonable in a timely manner.

There will be at least 48 hours of voting, and TWELVE hours of moratorium.

Last edited:
-[] [MANSUS] The Wastes
--[] [MANSUS] Stalk the Ashen Wastes. The alternative is to be stalked. (Velvet Covers will already do it this turn)
--[] [MANSUS] Tarrying in the Wastes is always a poor idea… but there is no other way to discover what this place holds. (Search for a new area)
I don't suppose we could get a hint as to the DC we're working with here, relative to the other levels of the Mansus?

Will you post the plan or shall I?
I technically actually have two plans to post now! They are entirely identical except that one trades out the Outsider search action for another Mansus exploration action.

(Edit 2: I'm currently assuming finding a place to take Outsider blood counts as a regular Mansus action, i.e. it only costs 1 'exploration point' and so the other can be spent to explore the Wastes. I've asked Bird to clarify if this is correct, but if it does eat both exploration points on its own, Wake and Dream will be adjusted to only search for where to take Outsider blood and Mapping the Wastes will be adjusted to search for the location plus 2 Ashen Wastes explorations.)

[] Plan Wake and Dream
-[] (AotL) Grail
-[] (Forge) SH2, for Jade's RotT
-[] (Social) Level up Jade
-[] Summon a Mare-in-the-Light
-[] Fleeting Opportunity: Comet Feet
-[] Study: Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book
-[] Search Canterlot for the Outsider (Progress: 0/200)
-[] Explore the Mansus
--[] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes (1x)
--[] Find a location to take Outsider blood (1x)

Talked a lot about this in the follower phase (whoops?), but yeah, here's the plan version of my final outline. Following up w/ Comet Feet complete w/ Grail AotL so we hopefully don't fuck up our relationship further, summoning a Mare-in-the-Light for further RotT delegation potential and +1 follower AP in general, getting to Forge 4 and therefore avoiding potentially making our Forge books irrelevant since we're likely to be exploring the Malleary (which, if it doesn't give a Forge scrap, I will be very surprised), starts making progress on our ultimate goal both in looking for the Outsider itself and where to bring it once we find it, and both levels up Jade and gives her a SH2 reagent for technically-not-quite-best chances on finding Baldomare's book for us.

[] Plan Mapping the Wastes
-[] (AotL) Grail
-[] Explore the Mansus (x2)
--[] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes (3x)
--[] Any overflow from exploring the Ashen Wastes should go to finding a new location in the Shattered Stairways

As I said, this plan is exactly the same, except it defers the Outsider search for later in exchange for (hopefully) fully mapping out the Ashen Wastes and seeing if there's anything interesting left over, like replacement Moth and Heart summons, new Mansus expeditions, or other loot.

(Edit 3: Updated versions posted later in thread)

My personal expectation for both of these plans is to send the MitL to go do another RotT, whether that be for evidence or for something like a permanent (nonsuspicious) three-circle ritual site. I know I've been pushing for the evidence, but the ritual site might be better to scry now, since I think it's likely that asking for a three-circle ritual site that's both permanent and nonsuspicious will return an expedition of some kind, and that way there's no break in our access to summoning rituals. Otoh, if BtRC Part 2 gives us more ritual circle sites as people think it will, scrying for a ritual site this turn would be redundant and a waste of 30 bits. So really, we'll figure it out when we get to the MitL summoning (if a plan with a MitL summoning wins) and we'll decide then. Maybe we'll be lucky and Bird will give us the results of the Canterlot expedition before the MitL action vote comes up.

Edit: And a variant where an expected MitL RotT for something (evidence, ritual site, etc.) is swapped around for expecting to send it searching for an Outsider while we scry for evidence instead, as requested by Iustus.

[] Plan Wake and Dream, Mirrored
-[] (AotL) Grail
-[] Perform the Reflection of the Tapestry
--[] Target: Our manuscripts and other evidence that can be used against us
-[] Explore the Mansus
--[] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes (1x)

Last edited:
I have one suggestions for the first one and two others in general, asking Steppes for advice on how to make our subordinates personally loyal to us and to make a Lantern 2 Secret Histories 1 reagent with the free action is for both plans. Swap out the Outsider action for the RotT on the the evidence and having the MitL do the Outsider search for the first plan.

I have one suggestions for the first one and two others in general, asking Steppes for advice on how to make our subordinates personally loyal to us and to make a Lantern 2 Secret Histories 1 reagent with the free action is for both plans. Swap out the Outsider action for the RotT on the the evidence and having the MitL do the Outsider search for the first plan.
1) Not worth the extra 25 bits, and doesn't accomplish the goal of making the reagent in the first place i.e. guaranteeing Jade will make the SH DC for RotT.

2) I'll make a variant, but I'm not replacing it in the main plan, and the double-Mansus AP one is staying the same.

1) Not worth the extra 25 bits, and doesn't accomplish the goal of making the reagent in the first place i.e. guaranteeing Jade will make the SH DC for RotT.
Alright.
2) I'll make a variant, but I'm not replacing it in the main plan, and the double-Mansus AP one is staying the same.
Replacing what? The Outsider AP and RotT? We would just be swapping who is doing it, Velvet for the Maid and I did say the suggestion was for the first plan.

Edit:Ah edits have been made

Last edited:
Replacing what? The Outsider AP and RotT? We would just be swapping who is doing it, Velvet for the Maid and I did say the suggestion was for the first plan.
Well I can't exactly put in a command for the MitL until we actually summon her and see her full character sheet, so whatever the MitL will do should end up being determined in a mid-turn vote, not right now.

Well I can't exactly put in a command for the MitL until we actually summon her and see her full character sheet, so whatever the MitL will do should end up being determined in a mid-turn vote, not right now.
I was confused by what you meant by the replacing part, it's been cleared now.

Is asking Steppes not a free action? Or would br problematic in some way

I was confused by what you meant by the replacing part, it's been cleared now.

Is asking Steppes not a free action? Or would br problematic in some way
Ah right, Steppes. No, I just can't really think of anything to ask him. Asking him for advice on making loyal subordinates on the Bureau kind of feels like asking him something for the sake of asking him. And maybe also a bit inappropriate, considering he's a mafia boss :V

And maybe also a bit inappropriate, considering he's a mafia boss
I wanted to ask him precisely because of that, both because he's running a hidden enterprise that'll be doomed if he has traitors so loyalty is important beyond what mere fear can bring and I'm also curious as to what sanitised advice he'd give Velvet.

A question @OurLadyOfWires:

-[] There is no use in finding an Outsider if you do not have the means to extract its blood. But you suspect there is a place, at the summit of the Mansus, where things that should not perish have already died. (Costs one Mansus exploration action)

The wording on this option seems to imply it takes up both of the Mansus exploration actions that we would normally get per AP spent? Is that the case, or is it the same as other Mansus exploration actions?

Because if it eats both, I need to go adjust my plans.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about spending three full actions in the Wastes. Unless it's still relatively low level and Velvet can just zoom past it like she did Woods explorations, that's a lot of chances to get hurt. Plus the higher levels might have some interesting stuff.

Then again, I do find the idea of Velvet knowing most of the Ashen Wastes immediately after it's formed kinda funny.

Also @OurLadyOfWires still no Ash info? We're starting to run out of "beginning" for the turn. :V

"But…" you say, still not being able to believe it. "But I am a mare, Shining. A unicorn mare! You'd need two of me to make one of you Royal Guards. How could they possibly be scared of me?"
Oblivious Velvet strikes again. Really makes you wonder if being isolated for most of her life had any adverse effects on her, one of those days she could even be brought into a cult without even realizing it. :V

"A bring your family to work day, Inkwell," you say. "I would like everypony to… get to know the Bureau a little better. Or at least to know that we all have more things in common than just our workplace."
Okay, scratch that, she is the one making a cult.

You have successfully summoned the Daughter-of-Axes.
yay!

It was admittedly a near-certainty.

And as far as the stallion knows, there is nothing else for him to report. Or rather, you couldn't possibly be asking him about anything else, could you? Nay, you wouldn't dare ask him about anything else, would you?

Or at least, that is what he thought.

That is what he hoped.

That is what he dearly prayed for, although ponykind has no gods in this Era.

:V x3

"Are you really going to force me to ask Cadance? Mares talk, you know…"

Does Shining realize we'll ask Cadance anyway?

And again, this is the kind of conversation you ought to have with Cadance, not with him. Mares talk, and you are sure she will tell you everything, suitable for work or not… later.
@OurLadyOfWires , surely the mare talk WITH THE PRINCESS OF LOVE will be worth a grail scrap or two? :V

Because, well, is something going on? Do your employees, your agents and everypony else, have a negative image of you?
...this is Velvet not realizing she's scaring HER FELLOW ADVISORS, including COMET FEET, all over again!

Says the noble mare that, FUN FACT, could defeat Shining Armor in his prime.

Shining ,when he fought Comet, was +25 with 4 health.

We're +29, with a reroll every six clashes, with 2 health.

Shining would likely beat us, but mostly only due to the scar. If we remove that we'd probably win. and if we had an edge influence on us, even the weakest one, we'd likely win.

and even ignoring that... Velvet can be intimidating for things OTHER than combat prowess and physical intimidation. Indeed that's the LEAST intimidating aspect of her, and ponies don't even know just how GOOD she is there.

"The word I used was intimidated, Lady Velvet. And like I said, it's more about your fame than anything else."

"I… what do you mean fame. I was barely known by my family until a year ago!"

"And that's the problem, Lady Velvet."
Considering in little more than a year she went from "an unknown, the semi-disgraced daughter of a minor noble house" to "excluding the Alicorns, probably the most powerful and influential pony in equestria..."

In some ways we have more authority than Cadance, though she mostly outranks us. Our only real peers are Fair Trial and MAYBE Midday Dew.

He says all of that with an honestly apologetic tone. And more than just that, you can tell that he is even commiserating with you a little.

Which makes sense, you suppose. You can't imagine how marrying a Princess must have changed how ponies look at him. Both positively and negatively.
Uh.

Indeed, Shining might be the only pony in all of Equestria that can understand a bit of Velvet's feelings about this specific situation.

Is this the price of fame? Is this the price of authority? Is there any way you can possibly turn this ship around before it is too late?

Because you have no love for bad ponies, of course. But you definitely don't want to be known as a mare that should be feared. That's just not who you are.

Velvet, you're very much a Mare That Should Be Feared. 50% of what you do is sweet and adorable, the other 50% is THE STUFF OF NIGHTMARES.

"Well, I can't say I recall much about the time I was in bed, all bruised up. But remember the first few days I was in Ponyville? Before that whole mess? I think that's when I got to know you a lot better than I did before."
...yeah, I'm sure he got a really good impression of us then...

I was just wondering if she'd try bringing one of her daughters at work.

...this can also work as a soft introduction of Selene, actually. If we later have her reveal herself to HER bureau, they'd already somewhat know her.

This turn's available bits: 349

Monthly revenue: 160 bits/month

Rarity's dividends for this turn: 55 (ongoing contract) + 118 (commission)
well, 118. More than the minimum expected. Less than I hoped, but it's still a good nice sum.

ok, my thoughts about what to do, though they're MOSTLY the same as before.

I have a couple new ideas though.

AOTL: actually not sure. Either Grail for Comet, or maybe Winter if we're trying an expedition in the Red Church?

STEPPES: Actually how about we write him to ask if he can tell us what rumors are circulating about us and the Bureau among businessponies and nobles in Equestria? It's a simple enough request, and he would know.

LEASH: I don't really want to use it on anyone. We COULD social Filthy Rich and use it on him, but I dislike the idea.

SOCIAL: teach Jade, to improve her odds of finding the lvl 6 book.

REAGENT: probably SH 2 for Jade?

5 VELVET ACTIONS

1) Comet FO. I'd like to talk to him.
2) Study Forge 3, Forge 3 and unknown book
3) Teach Rarity (It will help her work AND make her a confidant instead of a minion again, which I'd prefer narratively.)
4) MANSUS! (Red Church Expedition, and... maybe the second point can be the blood of the outsider thing?)
5) Summon Biedde OR a Mare in the Light.

potential alternative to one of the above:

6)spend time with your family. Maybe we can get some interesting stories about Luna's past? She can be "introduced" to Soft Sweeps too.

About the summons

Velvet's base roll is 40 (lvl 4 lores) + 13 (magic) = +53

MARE IN THE LIGHT: Summoning requirements: LANTERN 80, KNOCK 60, EDGE 60.

need 27 on lantern (with reroll), 7 on knock (with reroll), 7 with edge (no reroll)

BIEDDE Summoning requirements: EDGE 100, KNOCK 80, MOTH 60.

need 47 on Edge (no reroll), 27 on knock (with reroll), 7 on moth (with reroll)

Biedde without at least an Edge 3 reagent is probably not a good idea. We could definitely risk a Mare in the Light though. It's a fairly high chance.

[] Plan Summon, Church and Lessons
-[] (AotL) Grail
-[] (Steppes) ask what's the general opinion about you and the Bureau among nobles and common ponies alike.
-[] Teach Rarity, and make her a Seeker.
-[] Explore the Mansus
--[] Explore the Red Church

I'll format it better later, but this is basically my plan.

Ah right, Steppes. No, I just can't really think of anything to ask him. Asking him for advice on making loyal subordinates on the Bureau kind of feels like asking him something for the sake of asking him. And maybe also a bit inappropriate, considering he's a mafia boss :V
I had an idea, as mentioned above. Let's just ask him what ponies think of us.

He has contacts among noblemen, among wealthy ponies, and among "common" ponies due to his role as the "Facilitator" (also a mafia boss), so he'd know or can easily get information about it.

As for exploring the Wastes... I'd rather do the Church Expedition first, AND see what the Wastes are like with the auto-pick before we decide to explore the rest of it.

No. Actually, let me be clearer. Could you please make sure everypony is free on that day? And prepare a circular for all of our departments. Investigators included. I want us to prepare for an event on that day."

You watch as Raven lifts one of her eyebrows, slightly curious. But still, she quickly write down your orders before asking the obvious question.

"I'll see to it immediately, Commissioner. And what event will we be planning?"

The white mare gives you a quick nod, a small smile appearing on her face as she does that. And moments later, she excuses herself and leaves.

Leaving you alone with Shining Armor, so the two of you can continue planning out the rest of this coming month.
So, is Shining Armor going to bring Twilight or Princess bucking Candance to this?

Last edited:
[] Plan Bright Mare Hired
-[] (AotL) Grail(Comet Feet)
-[] (Steppes) Ask about our reputation and how to make a more positive impression aka how to make sure ponies think we aren't a monster again(but not with those words)
-[] [LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one
-[] Explore the Mansus
--[] Explore the Red Church
--[] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.

Well, my thoughts for it, any suggestions?

Last edited:
As for exploring the Wastes... I'd rather do the Church Expedition first, AND see what the Wastes are like with the auto-pick before we decide to explore the rest of it.
Disagree anything left in the wastes is no longer hidden by the woods. Anybody can just waltz right in and take it. And their are at least a few dozen people with access to the wastes right now.

Actually how about we write him to ask if he can tell us what rumors are circulating about us and the Bureau among businessponies and nobles in Equestria? It's a simple enough request, and he would know.
I do like that actually. Maybe about not just us, but our peers as well? Or, Fair Trial at least. Eclipse doesn't seem very public.

Unrelated, but for Wake and Dream I'm thinking of switching out the Wastes action for the Ruined Church Pt2, since I think I'd rather we do it now and have time to recover before the Frangiclave expedition.

Disagree anything left in the wastes is no longer hidden by the woods. Anybody can just waltz right in and take it. And their are at least a few dozen people with access to the wastes right now.
Ah, but other people have to deal with Wolves, unlike us.

that's a good point, but that also means they'd have to try and stay longer in wolf-infested woods.

The wastes are definitely much more dangerous than the woods.

I still want to have a point dedicated to the Church, but I would be fine with the second point being on the Wastes. We'd be exploring presumably two areas (starting and extra point) this way, with probably a third left for next turn.
Well, my thoughts for it, any suggestions?

-[] [LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one

I'd rather have Jade do this next turn. This is basically THE big thing Jade can do for us, besides scrying, so I'd leave it to her and save us the far more valuable Velvet action

-[] (Leash) Leash Filthy Rich

I think it only makes sense if we're also doing a social action with him. That way we can probably go from acquaintance to friend (or even good friend) and use the leash to upgrade to Confidant.

I still dislike it, but that's personal preference, not a judgement on if it's a good idea or not.

I do like that actually. Maybe about not just us, but our peers as well? Or, Fair Trial at least. Eclipse doesn't seem very public.

Unrelated, but for Wake and Dream I'm thinking of switching out the Wastes action for the Ruined Church Pt2, since I think I'd rather we do it now and have time to recover before the Frangiclave expedition.

Ah, but other people have to deal with Wolves, unlike us.

We could probably do outsider blood next turn. It's not like we're finishing the search for the Outsider now anyway, and Bird made it very clear this is not THAT urgent.

mandatory point: wastes to reach blank door again
first point from action: red church
second point: wastes extra area.

And then next turn we maybe do more wastes and/or outsider, depending on if we're actually (at least that's my hope) send our followers to search for Discord?

As I mentioned before, Baldomare (which we don't have anything else for right now I think), Fluttershy and Selene have an extremely good chance of reaching that 200 progress on their own, no Velvet needed.

side note... if at all possible we want to reach All-4 by turn 21 at the latest. If we can get all-4, we can then use Velvet's "teach family" action to teach Selene, Stormchaser, Silky Stream AND Soft Sweeps all together. This would save us time (and action slot) in teaching Selene separately.

To do that, beside the forge 4 we're near certainly getting this turn from the books, we need another 3 scraps of Heart.

If we can just get ONE scrap, ONE MEASLY SCRAP, from Mansus or expeditions or book loot or Mareinette renewal of bindings or anything else, we can get 2 scraps from a Heart Influence to complete the level up.

Baldomare (which we don't have anything else for right now I think)
SH4 for Sacrament actions :V

(Edit: Though if we're walking around with a +40 SH Influence, we might want to set aside an AP to search for an Outsider on T20, so someone with ridiculous SH bonuses would still be contributing)

If we can just get ONE scrap, ONE MEASLY SCRAP, from Mansus or expeditions or book loot or Mareinette renewal of bindings or anything else, we can get 2 scraps from a Heart Influence to complete the level up.
If we really want to trawl for a Heart scrap, 2 Mansus AP this turn would probably be better. Part of why I also have Mapping the Wastes in addition to Wake and Dream. Though if we're putting off the Outsider stuff for later anyway, I should probably replace the last exploration point for the Ruined Church Part 2 also.

Last edited:
I'd rather have Jade do this next turn. This is basically THE big thing Jade can do for us, besides scrying, so I'd leave it to her and save us the far more valuable Velvet action
Good point, but the reason why I even bothered to put that in Velvet's phase this turn while knowing Jade's level was going to be raised for the RotT is to avoid the procrastination that happens when people say "We can do that next turn".

There also isn't anything else that is urgent this turn, so might as well do what I want. Velvet also has 4% more chance than Jade of completing it in one turn.
I think it only makes sense if we're also doing a social action with him. That way we can probably go from acquaintance to friend (or even good friend) and use the leash to upgrade to Confidant.

I still dislike it, but that's personal preference, not a judgement on if it's a good idea or not.
Fair, I had no actual reason to leash him, I just did it because I felt like it, think I'm gonna take it out anyway.

Also, we already are friends with him.

Don't worry about that, the wolves will get rid of the looters.

that's a good point, but that also means they'd have to try and stay longer in wolf-infested woods.

The wastes are definitely much more dangerous than the woods.

I still want to have a point dedicated to the Church, but I would be fine with the second point being on the Wastes. We'd be exploring presumably two areas (starting and extra point) this way, with probably a third left for next turn.
They are indeed more dangerous, but mostly for other ponies:
-[Wolf, thy name is Ash]: "The Wolves gnaw around the walls of the Mansus. As any student of Histories know, they will kill you if you linger."
(All creatures not aligned with Velvet Covers will be harmed, or will risk being harmed, whenever they attempt to enter the Mansus.)
It is no guarantee that we will not be harmed by any Mansus creatures or obstacles we find, but at least we should not be hunted by the wolves that live there.

Okay, updated versions of Wake and Dream and Mapping the Wastes. If Iustus wants to update the Mirrored variant... well they can do that themself when voting opens :V

[] Plan Wake and Dream
-[] (AotL) Grail
-[] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[] Search Canterlot for the Outsider (Progress: 0/200)
-[] Explore the Mansus
--[] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes
--[] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church

[] Plan Mapping the Wastes
-[] (AotL) Grail
-[] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[] Explore the Mansus (x2)
--[] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes (3x)
--[] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church
--[] Any overflow from exploring the Ashen Wastes should go to finding a new location in the Shattered Stairways

Last edited:
I would really like to continue working on our SH Sacrament, I simply fear that it will be left unfinished for entire turns. There always will be something else to do and I think the Sacrament should take priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back