• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

This is in the history where we have the Blood of the Outsider trait and are just about to reach Glory achieving our victory condition as the new Goddesses of the world. Velvet taking the metaphysical ruler of the wold position means Harmony doesn't and thus Harmony looses.
keep in mind it was never confirmed that "Reach Glory" = "Become a god/Hour".

Maybe we just become a Long, which to be fair would STILL make us considerably stronger.

keep in mind it was never confirmed that "Reach Glory" = "Become a god/Hour".

Maybe we just become a Long, which to be fair would STILL make us considerably stronger.

True, though adding on this I highly suspect it would be a good idea for us to have a sacrament or two for when we do reach Glory.

This is in the history where we have the Blood of the Outsider trait and are just about to reach Glory achieving our victory condition as the new Goddesses of the world. Velvet taking the metaphysical ruler of the wold position means Harmony doesn't and thus Harmony looses.
Life isn't a zero sum game. If anything is aware of that I would expect it to be harmony.

Life isn't a zero sum game. If anything is aware of that I would expect it to be harmony.

Maybe, but Baldomare's words on this kinda matter are pretty clear. Somebody else reaching Glory is Velvet's loss, even if it's someone close to her.

And in Harmony's case Velvet reaching Glory might prevent the worms from winning, but it puts Velvet metaphysically in charge. Velvet who metaphysically births and walks with Evil.

All in all Harmony would probably want Velvet dead or at very least not immortal. I really don't think it wants Velvet's sons hanging around forever.

I feel like Harmony would probably try to make an alliance with Hour!Velvet since her whole thing was trying to do the right thing but failing because she lacked knowledge/power and Harmony definitely knows how to make things better. Helping Selene heal back to Luna and Cadance being close to her could influence the interaction too but then we also have the Rarity situation and the Twilight situation.

Did Comet Feet lose the game for not pursuing the glory any longer?

So, i wont go into numbers, to spare you guys from "we should have picked another option" debates.

But the first step for searching for an Outsider would have been "difficult".
Scrying for it would be "hard", with hidden cd breakpoints. And unless Baldomare herself rolled very high, you would have reached something worse than a failure.

You would have reached a false positive. A very believable false positive.

And until you reached the place you THOUGHT you should have gone to, that would have been its own timesink.

Picking this option did exactly what it promised. You progressed towards finding an Outsider, at the expense of the other things you did not pick.

Damn it! That sounds narratively amazing! It would have been such a brilliant way of establishing the dangers of what we were up against! Now I regret the winning vote more.
*resumes grumbling about guardrails*

Now I'm wondering what's out there that looks kind of like an Outsider to the scrying eye, but isn't.

Discord changing his greenscreen background to show the wrong location.

It's good we avoided all that mess then, wasn't it?

Though the idea of Velvet beating up Tirek or Grogar, only to leave because they didn't have the right magic is kind is humorous to think about.

Mechanically yes, narratively I would have preferred the big trick happening.

Sounds like a hilarious Omake. Outside perspective of the good PR from the Lunar Bureau Commissioner heading out to solve a problem before it even becomes one, then cutting to Velvet busy complaining to Baldomare about how it wasn't an Outsider, it was a goat. All those actions used, only to wind up dealing with a goat.

Ah, if I could properly write and also had a proper idea in mind, I'd try my hand at it. Oh well.

Not the goat, mind, just his bell. A Bell that lets you dunk on things like Discord. A Bell that is the ONLY thing to face tank the full power of the Elements of Harmony. The power that can stone discord, slap an empowered Tirek into a wizened husk, deWorm Luna, and can stop a Windigo Apocalypse on the cusp of victory, only managed to chip that Bell. I don't want to know what the goat himself is capable of, to be honest, he has some fucking serious mojo.

Harmony does seem to like to stay safe behind whatever door it's hiding behind but if it's about to loose I suspect it can try to stop us.

Not as in it directly manifests and attacks us as the secret final boss. But more every Alicorn gets our location blasted into their mind, a empowered by Harmony buff and told to stop us.

I mean given how Windigo's summons work you could overpower her with them. Summon 4 Windigo's and store them in a city, then repeat a few times. Then send all of them at Celestia, sure they'd break their bindings once they reach her location but they'd be super powerful.

I feel like Harmony is pretty up for cooperation, more than most entities of its ilk.

Sounds like a great way to find out how many Windigos it takes to proc In Service to Our Father.

Harmony is literally defined by cooperation. Velvet's messed up a lot in the past, but she's been trying to do the right thing. I very much doubt that Harmony, something so based around friendship, would want Velvet dead. It would try to reach out, although, I don't think its capable of that level of conscious thought in the first place.

All in all Harmony would probably want Velvet dead or at very least not immortal. I really don't think it wants Velvet's sons hanging around forever.
To be fair 99% of the players here ALSO would rather not have the wolfs around either, as long as we can accomplish that without sacrificing Velvet for it!

I feel like Harmony would probably try to make an alliance with Hour!Velvet since her whole thing was trying to do the right thing but failing because she lacked knowledge/power and Harmony definitely knows how to make things better. Helping Selene heal back to Luna and Cadance being close to her could influence the interaction too but then we also have the Rarity situation and the Twilight situation.
maybe, maybe not. Harmony might be able to compromise, or not. In canon it DID somewhat seem to make peace with Discord...

Mechanically yes, narratively I would have preferred the big trick happening.
eh, to be fair if we had failed the scrying roll even once that's likely something like 3 turns worth of delay, with an unknown amount of actions lost for unclear returns.

we might still end up visiting some of those places in search of powerful artifacts, if only we started doing expeditions.

we might still end up visiting some of those places in search of powerful artifacts, if only we started doing expeditions.
I agree. To be honest, while we might be closer to winning, I kind of wish that we were having more trouble with reaching Glory. I want to explore more of the world and see what Bird fused MLP and CS into. That was one of my favorite parts of the early quest, when we didn't know anything and we were still uncovering this grand mystery.

I think someone else said something like this a while earlier - I don't remember who exactly, but I agree with them.

To be fair, we only really got a generic "just go looking for an expedition" action on turn 16, and the last couple of turns have been extremely busy. Before that our only chance of getting an expedition was to go through the books search action, hope we get an expedition book—which wasn't always guaranteed—spend some of our very tight money on getting that instead of lore books when we've been in a near constant rush for scraps, and then use a book reading action on it.

Obviously this never happened.

I agree. To be honest, while we might be closer to winning, I kind of wish that we were having more trouble with reaching Glory. I want to explore more of the world and see what Bird fused MLP and CS into. That was one of my favorite parts of the early quest, when we didn't know anything and we were still uncovering this grand mystery.

I think someone else said something like this a while earlier - I don't remember who exactly, but I agree with them.

On one hand, that would be very fun!
On the other hand, there is some practical problems.

The other hand is, well, the natural consequences of fusing CS and MLP. Not delving further into CS stuff means that to the average perspective, it would just be a very long MLP fic. Whereas delving into Cultist Sim, by definition, it is escalation of consequences, thus prompting more urgency to find answers and delving into deeper secrets to keep things at bay.
It's... like trying to enjoy the view on a slide. It's enjoyable, but to get to that point, you are already in motion and can't really stop.

Don't get me wrong, I adore this quest. I too wish there was more kinda... there? But wishing it to be slower to see more is...
I dunno? This is already pushing the big 1M if not past it.

It's... like trying to enjoy the view on a slide. It's enjoyable, but to get to that point, you are already in motion and can't really stop.
I see what you mean, but I'm not trying to say we should try to sit still on the slide once we've already started moving, just that it would be cool to have a more scenic path down, maybe a spiral or something. The worldbuilding is a bigger draw for me than the idea of 'winning'.

1fvjdf7tk_baitgod.jpg

Please be kind Shaper.

Everyone of us should be kind, like you are.

Agreed, I mean having an overarching goal is great for giving the quest direction but it did stifle our creativity.

Where's the cool rituals we wanted to create? Where the crazy lore experiments we want to do? Where's the tax evasion schemes we wanted to commit?

Last edited:
just that it would be cool to have a more scenic path down, maybe a spiral or something. The worldbuilding is a bigger draw for me than the idea of 'winning'.
One cool thing about moving deeper into the story is that we're finally getting answers! The knowledge of what the Forge did, who the Master was, probably info on Luna from her awakening… This route will have info on outsiders and on Discord, finding the Frangiclave would probably reveal what happened to the DoA, healing our scar (…eventually…) will provide Velvet backstory.

I think there's a depth to the world building and exploration we can only really reach now that we're deep in the story.

One cool thing about moving deeper into the story is that we're finally getting answers! The knowledge of what the Forge did, who the Master was, probably info on Luna from her awakening… This route will have info on outsiders and on Discord, finding the Frangiclave would probably reveal what happened to the DoA, healing our scar (…eventually…) will provide Velvet backstory.

I think there's a depth to the world building and exploration we can only really reach now that we're deep in the story.
You have a good point here. I don't know if I'm putting it very well, but it just feels like we're getting closer to the end. And, for all that the end is beautiful, I don't want to experience it yet.

Hmm, I should transfer over our ritual ideas some time to this thread (not exactly easy to do).

Had some new ones I wanted to add.

An influence that calls directly on the Wolf-Divided for basically an extra edge influence with even stronger mental effects. Not as good compared to a basic edge influence given how it would force you to take the Wolf approved action but would be able to stack with an edge influence to be extra killy.

Also an artifact creating ritual. Grab a bunch of star metal (would probably need an expedition with Baldomare's help to find an old comet site), then shove part of the Wolf into the weapon while forging it. I'm thinking metal gauntlet claws, call them something cool like Velvet's Claws.

medium.jpg

Their was an easy expedition right in ponyville we never bothered to do dispite knowing about it. Probablly the Castle of the Two Sisters, with a powerful artifact inside it but people did not take the chance to go on it.

Their was an easy expedition right in ponyville we never bothered to do dispite knowing about it. Probablly the Castle of the Two Sisters, with a powerful artifact inside it but people did not take the chance to go on it.
Because we actually didn't know about it. Not in character anyways. And Bird didn't even really mention it OOC until the not-quite-canon omake with Pinkie and the bird Hours about halfway through turn 14 IIRC. Which means turn 15 was the first chance to act on it. Like I said, we would have had to go through the whole book-searching process to even have it available. It's still not an actual option yet.

Because we actually didn't know about it. Not in character anyways. And Bird didn't even really mention it OOC until the not-quite-canon omake with Pinkie and the bird Hours about halfway through turn 14 IIRC. Which means turn 15 was the first chance to act on it. Like I said, we would have had to go through the whole book-searching process to even have it available. It's still not an actual option yet.
Turn 2-3 we found a map that would have given the expedition in the local library, we did not buy it.

Turn 2-3 we found a map that would have given the expedition in the local library, we did not buy it.
True, but IIRC we didn't actually know what it would be until way later. Just that it was some kind of expedition.

Though I don't think I was playing at that point, so I probably can't say as to why the choice was made. I just know that the "never goes on Expeditions" memes didn't start until way the fuck later when the limitations of the system made it clear that one chance really early on probably wasn't a sign of it working as intended.

I still can't believe Baldomare has actually given up on reaching the Glory (well, on reaching it first. I imagine once the Tricuspid is gone she'd follow after us soon after, assuming she doesn't just surpass us at the last moment.

I am actually not surprised that Baldomare is not rushing toward Glory by herself. She is too smart to go first into location that Forge locked and went herself in. OOC we can guess that Velvet would not get smited on entering by additional defenses or by Forge herself for barging in, but Baldomare does not.

Beings from Nowhere. Beings of Power in general, like for example Chrysalis (now dead), Sombra, Cerberus, an Ursa Major...

Some artifact that was MADE by an Outsider, maybe. the Alicorn Amulet maybe?

Shame we lost our best chance to go on all those expeditions in Tartarus and other similarly nice places. No one dodges expedition opportunities as effectively as Velvet. Her only excuse that she is mother and does not have time for these ventures until all her daughters grow up.

Plus Selena being reward for our first and only expedition kind of makes sure that all follow up rewards are downgrade, which is just wrong mechanically wise. Bird please reconsider reward tables. Velvet clearly is not interested in treasures that are not filly shaped. :V

On the other hand if we go by MLP canon timeline Crystal Empire should be right after Cadence wedding, so here is hoping that Sombra will still make an appearance. Grogar is likely lost cause cause he is season nine villain, and wedding is only season two ending.

Hmm, I should transfer over our ritual ideas some time to this thread (not exactly easy to do).
Would be nice to make some kind of Danger Map like the one that Harmony provided in later seasons. The one that found Starlight cult town I mean.

Also recently played a few games in Cultist Simulator and Rivals kept stealing expedition sites from me ( I played a bit some time ago but without Rival extension). It made me thinking if Copper or Windy went on any expeditions without us. Or if there are other potential Rivals.

To be fair 99% of the players here ALSO would rather not have the wolfs around either, as long as we can accomplish that without sacrificing Velvet for it!

Easiest way of dealing with Wolf's sons.
Velvet: Out of curiosity how would you go about eating your children
Marinette instantly teleporting to Velvet's side:Here is my favorite sauce

I mean if what the blurb at the end of the last update said is true in that Discord is, probably, the only Outsider we'll see in our lifetime then once we have everything needed to open the lock we could just stop for a while. Like for a few turns, do all that funky shit we wanted and then open the lock and walk through the Gate.

…That is assuming we haven't run out the clock on Marinette or some other big problem hasn't popped up and started to gun for Velvet.

Gonna need to check this site more regularly to not miss updates. =P

The fact that the three ringbearers ended up being your two earth-pony and pegasus daughters, and the unicorn younger sister of your best friend, is entirely coincidental.

Princess Celestia, also, was meant to be the one officiating the ceremony, but she never even answered, and Fair Trial is standing in her place at the altar.

So if Celestia, like, showed up the wedding she wouldn't she have seen Selene/Luna and collapsed this house of cards in the span of one extremely poorly timed coincidence?

I mean, that Comet Feet would actually be within range of her roll bonuses, and while he'd totally have way too little health, that's why I said enough minions. Meatshields to tank damage are a useful thing. Also they could probably find some artifacts to even the odds further.

Like, it wouldn't be easy by any means, but an organization could conceivably cough up enough preparations to kill even an Alicorn if they really needed to.
Keep in mind that Celestia can out-minion anyone. She's got the Royal Guard.
Even with some Edge in a cultist army, I'd say Celestia would still have the quality as well as the quantity advantage.
Also keep in mind that any hypothetical cultist kill-squad wouldn't just have "some Edge", it'd probably have Windigos. Four of which managed to wipe out the entire Changeling hive. They're Edge 5 and they have escalating bonuses to combat the more there are and they immediately regenerate to full health the moment they disengage from combat. Yeah they'll probably break free of control if the number hits seven (I assume), but that still means you can have up to six combatants who are rolling a minimum of +55 vs. ponies, plus the Windigo herd bonus.

In unrelated news, I think I've convinced myself to try and include summoning Biedde somewhere in the plan next turn if possible :V

End is Beautiful repeat using all 4 actions a turn until dead. Killing an Alicorn is not hard, it getting the blood of an Outsider that matters not how you kill them.
It might matter, actually. We don't really know yet.

It's most likely the resting place of the Sun in Splendour actually. In most Histories when the SiS rises again he consumes the Hours descended from him in doing so and the creatures protecting it are Mare in the Light not Mare in the Mirror, Lantern Edge and not Winter Edge.
The problem w/ that is that the Wolf Divided is still around, the living personification of the SiS's wound. If the Second Dawn came about as intended, I wouldn't expect the Wolf to still be around and kicking.

Especially if we want to go through on that whole "killing Mareinette" plan.

Last edited:
The problem w/ that is that the Wolf Divided is still around, the living personification of the SiS's wound. If the Second Dawn came about as intended, I wouldn't expect the Wolf to still be around and kicking.
The Prophecy for the journey only mentions the fact that his 4 kids would be eaten, doesn't say anything about the Wolf-Divided so it's entirely possible it sticks around. Also, the SiS doesn't come back right. There is definitely something Wolfy going on with him.

There also the fact that the Wolf-Divided (or a Wolf tied to the Sun) may have existed in some capacity even when the SiS was alive soooooo.

The Prophecy for the journey only mentions the fact that his 4 kids would be eaten, doesn't say anything about the Wolf-Divided so it's entirely possible it sticks around. Also, the SiS doesn't come back right. There is definitely something Wolfy going on with him.

There also the fact that the Wolf-Divided (or a Wolf tied to the Sun) may have existed in some capacity even when the SiS was alive soooooo.
Yeah, the Meniscate, the Madrugad, the Sun-in-Rags, and the Wolf-Divided. That's four.

I am actually not surprised that Baldomare is not rushing toward Glory by herself. She is too smart to go first into location that Forge locked and went herself in. OOC we can guess that Velvet would not get smited on entering by additional defenses or by Forge herself for barging in, but Baldomare does not.
That's a good point. Baldomare is cautious, she's in a way edging her bets.

If she went first, she might become an Hour OR she might die. Or for all we know nothing might happen if there's some other requisite to get closer to the Glory than the Tricuspid allows (CS seemed to imply to me that using the Keys on doors gets you even closer than normal Tricuspid).

If she goes second, she'd get to know what traps are out there, and Velvet would likely trust her enough to allow her through, assuming she was even able to stop her at that point.

Shame we lost our best chance to go on all those expeditions in Tartarus and other similarly nice places. No one dodges expedition opportunities as effectively as Velvet. Her only excuse that she is mother and does not have time for these ventures until all her daughters grow up.

Plus Selena being reward for our first and only expedition kind of makes sure that all follow up rewards are downgrade, which is just wrong mechanically wise. Bird please reconsider reward tables. Velvet clearly is not interested in treasures that are not filly shaped. :V

On the other hand if we go by MLP canon timeline Crystal Empire should be right after Cadence wedding, so here is hoping that Sombra will still make an appearance. Grogar is likely lost cause cause he is season nine villain, and wedding is only season two ending.
hey, we actually did THREE expeditions!

1)Selene one

2)Twilight one

3) Canterlot cave (well, we sent Axe, but close enough!). we got, just from memory, a Knock 2 artifact we haven't even researched yet, I think a lvl 3 book, and a book that might be not-capital-L lore, or maybe an expedition book. And of course we unlocked part 2, which we should REALLY explore as well.

and keep in mind season 9 Grogar was fake. It was just Discord in a funny-shaped trench coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back