• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Because how is it possible for a pony to be hugging you tightly, and at the same time be far enough to look at your entire body?

Is… is something going on? You swear to the stars there is only one of your mom here with you. But how is she even doing this?!
perks of lantern touch, I imagine.

When did she get under your wings? And how are her forelegs still around your neck as she does that?!
don't ask such silly questions, our little moonbeam!

"Thank you," you say with a smile. "So, the thing I need you two to do is…"
Call down Silky and Soft and help her explain this?

And you light up your horn as you do that, the soft purple glow barely illuminating anything around you. Your magic flowing through you like a familiar gust of wind.

"… I need you two to rest for a while. You two look like you haven't slept at all tonight."

You say that, and you watch as their eyes slowly begin to close. Their bodies growing heavier as they begin to slump against each other.
...ok, I did NOT expect that, but it makes a lot of sense :V

Your first stop is… your sister's room.

Your younger sister, mind you.
...will she go meet Celestia BEFORE we get to talk?

Hopefully not.

let's start with Silky, then.

Well, this isn't really her room. This is a dream. Her dream.

Because she is still sleeping, and you weren't sure if you wanted to wake her up.
uh... right, she can do that.

...she can go talk to Celestia IN HER DREAMS.

If that doesn't prove she's the real Luna, nothing will.

Also she can basically calm her and... well, establish a time to meet.

But for every step you take, Silky pushes herself away from you. Pressing her back against the wall, and keeping her blankets between the two of you like a barrier.

"No you're not!" she yells, her voice scared. "You're not Selene. You're not my sister! What did you do to her?!"
ouch.

...I still expect this to end mostly well, but still, ouch.

I imagine Silky will start to hesitate, and then Luna will show her true self.

And before you realize it, her blankets have completely fallen off. And you are looking at a Silky Stream who is… alone, hugging herself, pressing her back against the wall of her room as she just…

As she just begins to cry.

"… you grew up… without me? B-but what about… weren't we meant t-to… to grow up together?"
that's...

...well, she's got a point. Imagine if you had a sibling, and then suddenly they became something closer to a parent.

That said, things changed. nothing to do about that, except trying to change and adapt in kind.

"… okay…" is all she says.

But the way she says it, as if she had just accepted she had lost something… it doesn't just break something inside of you.

It shatters your heart.

Because from that word alone, she already told you everything you need to know.

From that word alone, you can already tell that… that she understands it. That she accepts it, even.

She understands that her sister is gone now.

...Silky is very mature... but she's also just a child still.

And yeah, Luna will be around, but it will not be the same.

You could say she lost a little sister, and gained an older sister instead.

"Can you… Mrs. Princess Luna, I-I'm sorry for asking this but… could you at least let me dream about Selene, every now and then? I… I just don't want to forget her and stuff…" she says, in a tone so low it's barely a whisper.

...that's seriously sad.

...It's Luna about to sort of MAKE a Selene to live in Silky's (and maybe Soft's) Dreams?

She made the Tantabus once. and Selene is part of her
. It should be doable.

You have no idea how you are going to make this work.

You don't even know if it will be practical. And you… you definitely will need to bring in your parents as well.

But you will all figure it out. Together.

And most importantly, you are not leaving your sister.

Is luna going to stay and live with us?

Because DAMN, that WILL be difficult to explain 😂

Next we get Celestia moving in as well. We already have 2 Names, soon to be 3 or even 4, AND one Alicorn. What's another Alicorn too!

:eek:

And you hope your other sister will be asleep.

And moments later, you are inside Celestia's dream.

...What, Soft Sweeps doesn't count?!

She gives you an honest, proud smile as she looks at you. Her eyes telling you more than her words ever could.

You are finally back.

And she has been waiting for you all this time.

"Luna, my dearest sister. I am so glad you have finally returned."

...this is good, right?

It kinda feels a bit weird.

"Yes. Now that you are back, now that we are together, we can finally fulfill our purpose."
...this sounds bad.

Celestia's expression is… she is smiling yes, but you were so happy to see her that you thought it was a smile of joy. You thought it was a smile full of love and happiness.

But now that you think about it, she almost seems… eager?

That is a positive emotion, of course, but still…

She notices your pause, of course, and you watch as she slowly leans on her throne, merely arching her head towards you-

!!!!!!!!!!!

-and the whole castle, no the whole world trembles as she does that. As if everything around you was straining from just that small movement of hers.
...Please don't let her go Daybreaker NOW!

"What else, dear sister. I need you to RELEASE ME."
...I feel like we're meeting Daybreaker, not Celestia.

"Why do you hesitate, dear sister… Why do you PAUSE? Do you not WANT me to be FREE? ARE we not MEANT to be TOGETHER?!"
Is this a part of Celestia that wants to "reunite" with Luna to form the original Outsider?

And the creature itself, now, is far more clear to your eyes. You can now see her in all of her terrible glory. From the yellow of her irises within the black of her eyes, to the fiery feathers on her wings, that are beginning to belch smoke and fire.

"I AM DOING THIS FOR YOU, LUNA! THIS IS ALL FOR YOU! WE BELONG TO EACH OTHER, AND NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE THAT. NOW RELEASE ME! SET ME FREE AT ONCE!!!"
yep.

this is the "inner" daybreaker, kept imprisoned by the Celestia outside.

I wonder if the ACTUAL Celestia will appear in a bit to "save" Luna from her inner evil self.

this is probably a representation of how close Celestia was and is to going full Daybreaker. And, to be fair, that was the roll right below this one I think.

Yes, this is… this is what you are going to do. You think you are in shock, but… everything will be alright if you just go downstairs and have breakfast.

You are Selene. You are a filly with a blank flank, who just woke up on the last day of a weekend.
ok, I did NOT expect this.

Princess Luna has made the decision that, for now, it is best she doesn't reveal herself to her sister. Something happened to her. It did not feel as intrusive and disgusting as it did with herself, but the end result felt just as evil. Celestia is still in there, but she is entirely focused on keeping that evil in check. So it is best if Luna... doesn't upset that balance. She also learned that...
ok, so Celestia is barely holding back from going mad tyrant, and Luna fears showing herself right now.

...I'm kinda disappointed. THis implies that, in the short term, not that much will change for us.

Then again, we now have Luna on our side. Presumably she can do rituals and assist us? She'd probably work sort of like a Confidant, and that's pretty useful.

7 or higher: "The Paragon of Harmony walks upon Equestria. None shall find her wanting."

6: ???

5: ???

4: ???

3: ???

2: Daybreaker is born, shackled by her regretful creator. The result of this battle of wills will define the future of Equestria. (???)

1: Daybreaker has come, and Equestria shall slave under the glare of the sun. (Introduce "hyperthermia" mechanic)

0 or lower: "Lady Coelle's actions are not alien to ponykind. But a mirror of their consequences certainly is."

let me find the older version...

7 or higher: "The Paragon of Harmony walks upon Equestria. None shall find her wanting."

6: "The morning sun comes, and the horrors of the night flee from its bright gaze."

5: "Bowed, but unbroken. Shaken, but still determined. The sun's light was warmer, before, but its light is still there."

4: "The clouds are too heavy, too numerous. The sun is still there, but we cannot reach it, and it can no longer reach us."

3: "Will the sun ever rise again? It might have forsaken us. It might just not care anymore."

2: "The sun blazes with wrath. Her will shall no longer be denied."

1: "Dawnbreaker has come. If the Moon will not rise, then the Sun will never set."

0 or lower: "The Sun was divided, and this is its wound."

7 is unchanged, 6-5-4-3 are unknown.

I don't understand the reference in 0, if someone can explain it I'd appreciate it.

1 is pretty clear. Daybreaker, eternal day, and consequences of the eternal day and heat on the country/world.

We're at 2. Which apparently meant that Daybreaker WAS born, BUT Celestia held back just enough to trap her in her own mind.

That explains a lot of what she has done thus far.

She's angry. she has moments when Daybreaker pushes. And yet she held back.

Cadance calmed her a few times. She didn't harm Fair Trial when she heard something she didn't want to hear from her (that there were still good ponies that could be trusted).

Question is... what can Luna do, then? And what can WE do?

...In theory, a "Incision of the Heart" MIGHT be able to help Celestia. Luna has Edge (DC 60), and we can give her the HEARTIFACT (HEART DC 100) for the ritual... but It's fair to say that removing Daybreak wouldn't be as easy as removing a normal wound.

...maybe we could recruit the elements?

Have Luna go, heal Twilight, and tell her how Celestia needs her and the elements to be used on her just like she used them on Nightmare Moon?

Recruit Cadance as well on this?

And what about her third sister? Later, later, you will have time for her soon.
oh, that's better!

Found the reference to Coelle in Cultist Simulator:

So "Lady Coelle's actions" = suicide. The mirror of their consequences... would have been Wolfy, and pretty bad!
oh, interesting!

We will?

Like, really, what does addressing this mess even look like? What on earth can we do?

I don't really like the idea of being one wrong step from hyperthermia, but other than avoiding worsening things by being a good Director and not pissing her off further... I can't think of what a 'positive' action actually looks like?
my best guess is having Cadance and Luna recruit Twilight, have her recover, and try to bring back the elements of harmony.

The only alternative I can think of is to somehow incapacitate Celestia or somehow convince her to undergo an Incision of the Heart ritual held by Luna. Yes, I also think that to be a bad idea.

We will?

Like, really, what does addressing this mess even look like? What on earth can we do?

I don't really like the idea of being one wrong step from hyperthermia, but other than avoiding worsening things by being a good Director and not pissing her off further... I can't think of what a 'positive' action actually looks like?
Laundering the Lores of course. The Incision of the Heart should be capable of getting rid of Daybreaker(I hope).

The worst part, I think, is that Celestia is probably losing her fight. Or at least, is in the worst possible state for it, probably because she's still up and moving around and doing stuff, and thus having to strain to hold back the evil voice in her head yelling at her to just burn everything down to ash.

I say this mostly because the 3 and 4 options also feel like she would have Dawnbreaker, but would be a lot more focused on the fight and not present in the waking world so much. Meaning she would probably be putting more effort towards fixing the problem.
We will?

Well, there's informing Cadence about just how bad things are, and presumably bringing her in on Luna's awakening. There's also trying to find or invent ways for the Lores to help, since they're kinda really good at mental shenanigans. Also teaching the Lores to Cadence, and maybe further raising Luna's Lores.

Also trying to find ways to actively reduce Celestia's stress aside from just "don't make it worse."

Guess we're not telling Celestia shit.
Yeah, telling her atm sounds like a hot Idea.

But yeah. Guess we're not telling Celestia shit. And unless Selene just… decides not to mention that the Princess on the throne is currently waging a mental war against her evil half—as evil as the Worms, by her own reckoning—Velvet will almost definitely be moving to address this mess. Yay…
We have a "Cut away trauma" rite and I'm sure Mareinette would enjoy the rare taste, Dawnbreaker hasn't been around that long, should still count as a foal agewise!

Or we spool up the Elements and find out what a set-ablaze-by-raging-Dawnbreaker moon looks like.

7 being in the new table was an error.
Bird fix'd the table.

We gotta get Celestia a therapist, a bottle of booze and in Cultist sim fashion spend some funds for some opium :V

But in all seriousness I still stand by my arguments about the Wedding Guest vote, Celestia needs some normality in her life, the past year has been crisis after crisis, heartbreak after heartbreak. She is hurting, she is angry and she is alone or at least she feels she is.
She has drifted from those she trusts and cares for and she is facing constantly building stress with no outlet. As I said during the vote earlier, she needs to be with her friends partacing in normallity, shown that there is still joy in the world with people who genuinely care for her not the princess, not the god but the mare who lost her sister again and has been feeling adrift ever since. She may not like it, she may not even show up at all but convincing say Candance to keep reaching out to her Auntie instead of giving it up as a herculean task that only Luna can solve now would at least let her show Celestia that she cares, even in her darkest moments.

This is partly why I felt so strongly on the vote to get Celestia as a royal guest rather than Baldomare, whilst I am thankful for what we got, personally I felt that Celestia showing up at all on Candances big day showed signs of recovery, no matter how minor she still showed she cared.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I feel that even if it wouldn't lead to a recovery, it would at least stablise the situation somewhat, one less avenue of psychological warfare for Dawnbreaker to use on Celestia at her weakest, can't taunt and convince her that she has no friends and no one cares if there is evidence of her loved ones reaching out desperately for her.

Last edited:
We have a "Cut away trauma" rite and I'm sure Mareinette would enjoy the rare taste, Dawnbreaker hasn't been around that long, should still count as a foal agewise!

Or we spool up the Elements and find out what a set-ablaze-by-raging-Dawnbreaker moon looks like.
I'm gonna be real honest, I don't actually trust Incision to be enough. Dawnbreaker feels like a lot more than just a psychic wound like our afraid trait was. Incision is also kinda brute force from what I recal? Like, maybe Marinette could do some more complicated stuff with it, the Master had a lot more control over PtN than would be normal, but I also definitely don't trust Marinette to do psychic surgery on fucking Celestia.

Just realized that Celestia recruited Velvet, Fair Trial, Midday Dew and the others not because she lost faith in ponykind but because she knows she could snap at any moment and is probably hoping to get sealed by the Elements like Nightmare Moon... She is preparing Equestria to survive without her. Now that is sad.

The isolation isn't because she stopped caring, it is because she cares. She is trying to protect all the ponies she can by being away from them as much as possible... That is why she didn't go to the wedding wasn't it, there was a chance she could ruin Cadance's special day(even if it is just in her mind).

Just realized that Celestia recruited Velvet, Fair Trial, Midday Dew and the others not because she lost faith in ponykind but because she knows she could snap at any moment and is probably hoping to get sealed by the Elements like Nightmare Moon... She is preparing Equestria to survive without her. Now that is sad.

The isolation isn't because she stopped caring, it is because she cares. She is trying to protect all the ponies she can by being away from them as much as possible... That is why she didn't go to the wedding wasn't it, there was a chance she could ruin Cadance's special day(even if it is just in her mind).
That is actually a really good read on the situation now that I think about it, even supported by her locking herself in her room for days after her near murder of a noble.

Ironically what is safest for others now may also just be making the situation more dangerous in the long run in my opinion.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I feel that even if it wouldn't lead to a recovery, it would at least stablise the situation somewhat, one less avenue of psychological warfare for Dawnbreaker to use on Celestia at her weakest, can't taunt and convince her that she has no friends and no one cares if there is evidence of her loved ones reaching out desperately for her.
You clearly haven't experienced gaslighting—self inflicted or not—if you think evidence of it being bullshit matters. :V

Like, sure, it might not hurt, might, but it's definitely not guaranteed to help.

You clearly haven't experienced gaslighting—self inflicted or not—if you think evidence of it being bullshit matters. :V

Like, sure, it might not hurt, might, but it's definitely not guaranteed to help.
That is a perfectly valid point and is indeed evidence of my arguement being influenced by the events and fortunes of my life as it is true that I am lucky enough to never have been seriously gas-lit, and while I agree on it not being guaranteed to help I don't believe I ever stated that in my arguments (and if I did whoops), I just feel personally as someone who has in their life experienced a form of self isolation-stress buildup cycle that small steps to break out of it are important. Even though it is fiction I just have strong opinions on how important it is that someone reaches out to someone suffering so badly, even if it changes nothing, which I think kinda goes against the part of the setting that is the Cultist everyman is an island who fights for themself mentality.

Edit: I also just want to make clear in text that this isn't me rattling sabers at people that disagree with my view as it is just a personal opinion and people all have their own experiences and belives that shape their decision making and conclusions they come to, everyone is perfectly justified to disagree, I just want to put my thoughts and reasons for them out clearly.

Last edited:
Oh, it's definitely important. Isolation won't fix anything either. I just wanted to point out that just because one thing is bad, doesn't necessarily make the opposite good, you know? Celestia's current mental state would be a clusterfuck and a half even if she were a totally mortal pony who isn't capable of burning most of the world to ash, and has a thousand+ years of experiences shaping her into something hard to properly comprehend.

This definitely makes a lot of things about Celestia clearer in hindsight.

It also explains WHY right now Celestia finding out is insta-game over.

In canon, Celestia was even willing to give a second chance to DISCORD. But here, Finding out Velvet's secrets is insta game over...

And the reason is clear. It's the last drop, and would have her give in to daybreaker.

A CALM Celestia might be willing to consider Velvet's perspective (including how open rebellion to the cult master was likely to end In her family's death), and acknowledge that in the end Velvet TRIED to do the right thing (and arguably succeeded, to a point).

Daybreaker would not care. An enemy is an enemy is an enemy.

my best guess is having Cadance and Luna recruit Twilight, have her recover, and try to bring back the elements of harmony.
Twilight? Twilight? Twilight???

It's a tragedy, but any plan that relies on Twilight is not a plan that has much going for it.

Well, there's informing Cadence about just how bad things are, and presumably bringing her in on Luna's awakening. There's also trying to find or invent ways for the Lores to help, since they're kinda really good at mental shenanigans. Also teaching the Lores to Cadence, and maybe further raising Luna's Lores.
I'll definitely be curious what the aftermath, if anything, is from all the time we spent with Cadance this turn. Introducing her to Luna would be interesting!

I am a little worried about poking Celestia with lores, though. Luna thinks the situation is too tense and tight to even introduce herself, and we have the confidence to poke it with lores?

(Poking it with Harmony, now... that might have more potential?)

She has drifted from those she trusts and cares for and she is facing constantly building stress with no outlet. As I said during the vote earlier, she needs to be with her friends partacing in normallity, shown that there is still joy in the world with people who genuinely care for her not the princess, not the god but the mare who lost her sister again and has been feeling adrift ever since. She may not like it, she may not even show up at all but convincing say Candance to keep reaching out to her Auntie instead of giving it up as a herculean task that only Luna can solve now would at least let her show Celestia that she cares, even in her darkest moments.
Let's recall that the Vote entailed:
-The only thing she did was congratulate the Princess of Love. And to give her a small gift.
I don't regret how the vote went, but I'm definitely even more curious what was in that mystery box.

Oh, it's definitely important. Isolation won't fix anything either. I just wanted to point out that just because one thing is bad, doesn't necessarily make the opposite good, you know? Celestia's current mental state would be a clusterfuck and a half even if she were a totally mortal pony who isn't capable of burning most of the world to ash, and has a thousand+ years of experiences shaping her into something hard to properly comprehend.
A perfectly understandable viewpoint that has many points for it and i'm sure that many agree with, I can see how you have reached that conclusion and agree on it however due to my biases and beliefs I think I will stick by my plan for proposing Celestia's reintroduction to normalicy via re-established socialising, thank you for the points you have bought up in this minor debate.

I am a little worried about poking Celestia with lores, though. Luna thinks the situation is too tense and tight to even introduce herself, and we have the confidence to poke it with lores?

To be fair, there's a difference between just walking up and saying hi without a real plan, and using properly researched magical effort with a particular goal in mind.

Not to say that we shouldn't be extremely fucking careful, but we can try to avoid stumbling in completely blind.

Speaking of Comet Feet, I wonder what he would say if we went "oh by the way, Celestia's got an evil alternate self locked in her head trying to escape. Wanna help?"

And hey, maybe we'll even have time to talk to him, since, uh… our Fleeting Actions will probably be somewhat limited with Luna not revealing herself publicly. God, this coming turn is going to be a mess.

I don't regret how the vote went, but I'm definitely even more curious what was in that mystery box.
I don't mind revealing that.

But I want to make one thing very clear-
2112047.jpg

Credits: Art by "Radiancebreaker", available publicly, taken from "derpibooru.org"
-the implications of the gift would have been the true impact, rather than the gift itself. And those implications, being the true result of the vote, are something I won't talk about.

Edit: ach, seems this was too elusive, I apologize. This may have been a hyper-specific reference too focused on the pony show.

This is an artifact from an episode called "Between Dark and Dawn". It was given to Twilight by Celestia and Luna, as they went on vacation (this is an episode from the very last season) and it has a very specific purpose.

Last edited:
Twilight? Twilight? Twilight???

It's a tragedy, but any plan that relies on Twilight is not a plan that has much going for it.

I'll definitely be curious what the aftermath, if anything, is from all the time we spent with Cadance this turn. Introducing her to Luna would be interesting!

Twilight has been visited by Cadance this turn we should at least wait to see if anything changes in that front(we do have 2 of her best friends as mutual best friends)

If Harmony is what you're looking for A Memory of Light is right there you know.

I don't mind revealing that.

But I want to make one thing very clear-
2112047.jpg

Credits: Art by "Radiancebreaker", available publicly, taken from "derpibooru.org"
-the implications of the gift would have been the true impact, rather than the gift itself. And those implications, being the true result of the vote, are something I won't talk about.
Looking at it, it seems to be the device the unicorns used to raise and lower the sun, so i'd theorise that the implications would be that Celestia is going to exile or even imprison herself and is giving Candance the reins so uh neat. (also why does the device look like a bikes peddle, were the unicorns just on a exercise bike peddling to make the world go round :V)

You know, I was happy about Luna coming back? Thought that things were going to get better. Maybe we would have some time to cool down. I really should have known better. :V
Looking at it, it seems to be the device the unicorns used to raise and lower the sun, so i'd theorise that the implications would be that Celestia is going to exile or even imprison herself and is giving Candance the reins so uh neat. (also why does the device look like a bikes peddle, were the unicorns just on a exercise bike peddling to make the world go round :V)
Well, it might no be her actively going away, but it does seem to be preparing Cadence for the possibility of Celestia no longer being available.

Also in this setting the unicorns used rituals, not a device IIRC. Celestia would have built it herself most likely.

There.... Gegh. I lack the words to put it into a form that is easily seen. But that doesn't mean I can't try.

Celestia is not... Dawnbreaker. Or, she is, but it's the... the impulses? The wants. The frustrations and the irritations and the "I shouldn't do this, but-" that surrounds.
And of course it is. It's.... It's an effect from Harmony, but the wrong side.
Knowing Luna was coming back, she could do everything in her power to make things good. To prove and have the world go on as it were when she returned.
But having Luna stolen from her... having her be harmed and lost, of course she would be wracked with... guilt? Anger? Fury? Frustration? Pain?
She is an avatar of Harmony. That her literal other half was ripped away, of course it would want to be reunited, prevent that from happening again, and move on.

But... Celestia, not Dawnbreaker is... is different.
Celestia _isn't_ the paragon of harmony, and the tool of an outsider, or an outsider themselves that is made of the influences that they are. She...
She is? A person. An idea. A thing. And she wants the best. Or wanted the best. Or is full of.... wanting for the best for her and her family and sort.
Celestia would use the tools of harmony. Binding herself with chains made of herself in a warped and wracked idea so that she....
She isn't. But Dawnbreaker isn't either. Both bound to this.... this...
Situation.

Beautiful.
Painful.

I wish I knew what to say besides.... ouch

Oh, well-spotted, thank you!

Yes, those would be some spicy implications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back