• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

She still fundamentally uses her weapon as a scythe and not like a fundamentally different weapon.

Larekko12 said:
She still fundamentally uses her weapon as a scythe and not like a fundamentally different weapon.

Which style are you supporting for Ruby?
Silversun17 said:
can't remember, though I'm leaning to likely not.

Yeah. I think mechanically she's viable as a Ward given the intimacy but...narratively speaking dunno. Not sure that would work out.

IIRC Ruby's fighting style is fluid, Taking out the enemies without effecting her flow much.

Whereas Yang tends to go directly from one enemy to the next in jerky movements.

Larekko12 said:
I have video evidence to the contrary. :mad: She uses it as a scythe only when she wants to kill things, and she uses it like a staff, warhammer, and/or piece of gymnastics equipment for flying kicks and stuff when she doesn't. Ivory Pestle does half of that very very well, and that's the half she'll be much more interested in unless we have a sudden zombie apocalypse or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smuthunter said:
I have video evidence to the contrary. :mad: She uses it as a scythe only when she wants to kill things, and she uses it like a staff and/or piece of gymnastics equipment for flying kicks and stuff when she doesn't. Ivory Pestle does half of that very very well, and that's the half she'll be much more interested in unless we have a sudden zombie apocalypse or something.

Is this from the trailer or the show proper? If the show proper which episode as best you remember it?

Is Ivory pestle even useful to Yang? Cause she does need a style that she can use with her gauntlets.

nightblade said:
Is Ivory pestle even useful to Yang? Cause she does need a style that she can use with her gauntlets.
we're talking about rudy, Yang needs something that moves fast and hits hard.

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Yeah I think I see the benefit for Ruby to have Ivory Pestle, though I would like to see the counter arguement for Titan felling.

megrisvernin said:
Which style are you supporting for Ruby?
Yeah. I think mechanically she's viable as a Ward given the intimacy but...narratively speaking dunno. Not sure that would work out.
Titan Felling which emphasize speed dodging and disabling greater opponent that also work on human sized oponents and allow you to stack wound penalties beyond actual damage that would be good for disabling targets by making risky disabling strikes more likely to hit while the target is still healthy.

It also happens to actually work with blades instead of around them and allows for the normal inversions in her scythe style that keeps her arcing blows.

Smuthunter said:

Just watched it that scene in slow-mo. The movements are more jerky than I'd expected but she does seem to bludgeon with it. Given Ruby's desire to avoid using Cresent Rose for evil, redeem it I'm inclined to believe that she'd prefer a style with nonlethal takedowns.

Larekko12 said:
Titan Felling which emphasize speed dodging and disabling greater opponent that also work on human sized oponents and allow you to stack wound penalties beyond actual damage that would be good for disabling targets by making risky disabling strikes more likely to hit while the target is still healthy.

It also happens to actually work with blades instead of around them and allows for the normal inversions in her scythe style that keeps her arcing blows.

What kind of injuries does it inflict? We talked amputations, deep cuts or what?

megrisvernin said:
What kind of injuries does it inflict? We talked amputations, deep cuts or what?

Pinpoint strikes, so I'm thinking muscle damage. [edit]aha!, found it!
Smaller opponents are able to wound their foes in the most inconvenient, distracting areas. Titan Felling students are experts at turning the smallest wounds into useful distractions. Provided the attack augmented by this charm deals at least a single level of damage, the target suffers a wound penalty equal to the practicioner's Essence until the end of their next turn. This stacks with any pre-existing wound penalties. Further strikes with this charm increase the penalty by 1 for each additional strike.

Here's a thought: can we teach her both? Think, this way she have lethal strikes designed to battle larger and stronger opponents, and knockback/out for closer combat, where an opponent expects her to be defenseless.

Mu-Sensei said:
Pinpoint strikes, so I'm thinking muscle damage.

Here's a thought: can we teach her both? Think, this way she have lethal strikes designed to battle larger and stronger opponents, and knockback/out for closer combat, where an opponent expects her to be defenseless.

[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

I'm inclined to Titan Felling. I should add this is mostly because I remember that monster we saved Rias from having inhuman proportions.

Viser_manga.jpg
Blunt takedowns have their place against mundane foes.

On a side note can someone post a list of antagonists in canon Rias & their peerage fought? As well as possible opponents we might fight?

I'll be inclined to switch if that monster was a one-off for the series & that they fight human scale/normally sized creatures for the rest of the series.

Tendon Cuts, Twisted joints, Broken Bones and sliced muscle up to amputations along with supernaturally induced pain for neglible wounds.

Larekko12 said:

Scythes cannot be used to inflict bashing damage without special training. IP is that training, and to my knowledge it's the only possible source of that training.

Mu-Sensei said:
We can but I think there's some restriction on learning different martial arts at the same time, like you can't invest in other styles until you've learned the form charm of a given style. Ivory Pestle Form only has two prereq charms, so that's not a huge issue.

Out of all the possible scythe styles though I'm still really set on Ruby getting trained in White Reaper at some point. Like, that's the very first thing I want her to be doing once we unlock CMAs. White Reaper is beast.

Smuthunter said:
Scythes cannot be used to inflict bashing damage without special training. IP is that training, and to my knowledge it's the only possible source of that training.
We can but I think there's some restriction on learning different martial arts at the same time, like you can't invest in other styles until you've learned the form charm of a given style. Ivory Pestle Form only has two prereq charms, so that's not a huge issue.

Out of all the possible scythe styles though I'm still really set on Ruby getting trained in White Reaper at some point. Like, that's the very first thing I want her to be doing once we unlock CMAs. White Reaper is beast.

Can you comment on whether there are inhuman scaled foes we'll face soon? Something similar to that stray Devil we've hunted?

Titan felling seems to have an advantage against large opponents or ones with lots of limbs like the centaur thing.

Since we can't teach Charms to her yet Ruby is likely going to pick up Ivory Pestle very quickly since it looks like she has already started self-teaching a similar style not to long ago if she has similar skills to canon (Probably has less actually, since she's self-taught instead of Badass Uncle taught). We should probably get her started on Titan Felling in case she runs into something she can and maybe even should go full-on lethal/maiming with.

Smuthunter said:

Yeah but she's also using a Sacred Gear, not a scythe. It just happens to be a Scythe that can moonlight as a Warhammer. Besides I think Alex is willing to be a bit more free in the ruling if it makes sense... well I think anyway, I don't want to speak for him.

Well, even if I don't understand the rules that well, exalted is descriptive enough that I liked a few defensive charms of titan felling. Like the one that uses the shaft of a weapon to trip people:

Masters of Titan Fellling style transform themselves into hazards to catch up their opponents. They constantly attack the feet, legs, and ankles of their huge opponents, hoping to send them toppling to the ground. The Exalt creates a level of unstable terrain equal to their Martial Arts ability for a number of opponents equal to their permanent Essence. This charm is intended for use against opponents that are larger than the character, and may not function as well against foes the character's own size or smaller (Storyteller fiat).

Considering Ruby is quite short...

Anyways changing my vote to teaching her both. Polearms are too versatile for to teach her how to use just the blade or the shaft.

Mu-Sensei said:
Well, even if I don't understand the rules that well, exalted is descriptive enough that I liked a few defensive charms of titan felling. Like the one that uses the shaft of a weapon to trip people:

Considering Ruby is quite short...

Lol. Don't tell her that yet. :/.

But really are there any very large opponents or inhuman scaled ones(like the centaur) that we might fight soon? Titan Felling does seem geared towards that...

megrisvernin said:
Can you comment on whether there are inhuman scaled foes we'll face soon? Something similar to that stray Devil we've hunted?

Titan felling seems to have an advantage against large opponents or ones with lots of limbs like the centaur thing.
Most of our opponents from here on out are either human sized or a little larger. First is Raiser and his peerage, then Kokabiel and friends in the church in book 2 and 3. There's one more stray devil in book 3 but after that they pretty much never show up again (aside from Kuroka, but she's nothing like her predecessors). Book 4 is the debut of the Chaos Brigade and our fight with Vali. Book 5 is the Gremory / Sitri rating game and some meetings with the hero faction. Book 5 introduces us to Tannin, but he's a friendly face. Book 6 is Asia's NTR stalker dude who gets flattened and then some Chaos brigade thugs and Old Maou Faction leadership... really, looking forwards I think the only abnormally-large enemies we have are Fenrir and a couple of kaijuu in book 12, and that's assuming we don't throw the plot out the window by that point. If you're imagining the need to hamstring something like a Titan? It never comes up unless Alexander throws it in.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Yeah but she's also using a Sacred Gear, not a scythe.
That logic doesn't follow. We have a sacred gear too but it still counts as a set of gauntlets.

Smuthunter said:
Most of our opponents from here on out are either human sized or a little larger. First is Raiser and his peerage, then Kokabiel and friends in the church in book 2 and 3. Book 4 is the debut of the Chaos Brigade and our fight with Vali. Book 5 is the Gremory / Sitri rating game and some meetings with the hero faction. Book 5 introduces us to Tannin, but he's a friendly face. Book 6 is Asia's NTR stalker dude who gets flattened and then some Chaos brigade thugs and Old Maou Faction leadership... really, looking forwards I think the only abnormally-large enemies we have are Fenrir and a couple of kaijuu in book 12, and that's assuming we don't throw the plot out the window by that point. If you're imagining the need to hamstring something like a Titan? It never comes up unless Alexander throws it in.
That logic doesn't follow. We have a sacred gear too but it still counts as a set of gauntlets.

Thanks for the information. Anyone think of a foe with inhuman proportions(shape or size) that Smuthuner missed?

I'll shoot for Ivory Pestle now for Ruby. I'd ask that we'd learn Titan Felling as we approach the time when Fenrir starts to show up.

[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Changing my vote.

On an earlier point to Alexander.

I'm not sure Aika Kiryu should be included as a Ward. She's not "in the know" as far as the rest of our Harem is & so it becomes hard for Issei to rescue her. She won't know to contact him & Issei doesn't expect to have to save her. Mechanically she doesn't have any growth potential the rest of the girls have & won't benefit from our tutelage much. Again the Ward position feels like someone we're training, assisting in developing which Aika doesn't really match thematically. At best she might be Xander level from the Buffy Show, able to aid in assists or grind down thugs, but her best strategy is run away. I'd either cut her, make her own encounter table with mundane threats like gangs, or give us twice the benefit for her as a Ward. I'll note this might changeafter we make our own peerage but remains problematic before that.

Of the rest of the girls only Yang feels a little out of place. Mostly because she's the older sister of Ruby & less inclined to need our assistance. She gives off a more...experience vibe then Ruby, a bit more mature & less likely to seek out fight she doesn't expect to win. She feels odd in terms of fitting the "Ward" position. Not that she can't. By her own admission she is new to Japan & has had little combat experience. I'd just note that if we roll & have Yang & another girl as a Ward it would feel very strange for Ruby to not tag along whenever Yang went somewhere. You'd be...complicating your writing coming up with encounters.

I'd recommend making the random roll be something like Ruby, Yang & Ruby(2 Wards end rolling), other girls. Or again give her a Different encounter table like demanding we help her with shopping, show her cultural parts of Japan or just lose several hours trying to explain/demonstrate a Japan custom.

Overall rolling feels for the Ward feels it might lead to narratively constraining outcomes. The rolling itself for mischief they get into is a good idea but there are problems with rolling Aika & rolling Yang but not Ruby.

If you do still feel like rolling. I'd suggest the first roll might be
1=Asia
2=Mittelt
3=Ruby
4=Ruby & Yang

If you get Ruby & Yang finish rolling. If you pick Asia or Mttelt roll

1=Asia
2=Mittelt
3=Ruby

If you picked Ruby Roll,
1=Asia
2=Mittelt
3=Yang

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Alexander said:
If you choose: Ward [Harem] 2, I will roll to decide two among the girls that Issei has an Intimacy with, and then roll one dice for each of them.
Right here do you mean that, for example, you roll and pick Ruby, then roll a dice for just her, or would you roll two dice?

[X] Flaw: Ward 2 [Ruby/Asia]
[X] Merits: Selective Conception and Common Sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back