• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
That's one of the reasons she should be learning Ivory Pestle though; not only is it more effective mechanically, but it also teaches her to use the blunted parts of her scythe so she can deal bashing damage with it as if it were a club or a quarterstaff (This is also exactly the IC reason that Issei would teach it to her -- Ruby wants to learn how to be a heroine of justice, not so much how to kill people with a scythe).
I just changed the style Ruby would learn from Titan Felling to Ivory Pestle.

*EDIT*
Reminder, Ruby's natural style already incorporates using the blunted end of her scythe as a weapon. Crescent Rose has a protrusion like the head of a warhammer on the business end opposite the blade, probably some kind of counter-weight.

Crescent_Rose.jpg

Watch the way she uses it against human opponents -- the blade never comes into play. It would appear that something similar to Ivory Pestle is what Ruby already uses when she's fighting enemies she doesn't want to kill.

all polearm fighting Includes using the haft, you seem to be intent to trying to teach her to use that to the exclusion of all else, which is what we take issue with.

it's like taking on someone as a sword fighting student, then teaching them a club style, and telling them to just hit people with it still in the sheath, because you get more bonuses for that.

it's silly and it's metagaming.

also, switching my vote back, because my "Freeform" thing is obviously not going to win with a single vote.

Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling and Ivory Pestle

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

plus:
[X] Flaw: Ward 2 [Ruby/Asia]
[X] Merits: Selective Conception and Common Sense

Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

plus:

nightblade said:
Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

plus:

Consider that if we pick both...Ruby won't be heavily competent either potentially before a real fight happens.

I'd suggest picking one to learn first followed by the other.

Hey lookie what survived the fall of white-wolf forums.
http://forums.whitewolfarchive.com/defaultcf09.html?g=posts&m=1725213

iamnuff said:
all polearm fighting Includes using the haft, you seem to be intent to trying to teach her to use that to the exclusion of all else, which is what we take issue with.
Proper scythe-fighting can wait until we unlock White Reaper, then she can fight like a human lawnmower when we need her to rather than with some random homebrew style that I've never heard of and whose mechanical viability I can't vouch for. Until then let's teach her to fight in the way that best fits her personality.

I don't suppose we could just vote to explain both styles to Ruby, then ask her which she'd prefer?

Disminded said:
I don't suppose we could just vote to explain both styles to Ruby, then ask her which she'd prefer?

Appealing. But remember she has a "mentorship" affinity to us. She'll want to do whatever we recommend.

Also who wants to bet Bright's little loophole to teaching them these charms involves giving her control of our body at least temporarily?

Our problem with Ruby is her style is great match for White Reaper, But that's both highly lethal and celestial.

Hey, everybody, how's it goin-

*sees 2-3 pages worth of discussion that's he's missed*

What. :eek:

I don't even...

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrnage said:
Our problem with Ruby is her style is great match for White Reaper, But that's both highly lethal and celestial.
Which is why we wait and teach it to her later. By the time we unlock CMAs for our partners things will probably have gotten serious enough that Ruby can see the value in not holding anything back when it's time to smite evil. Then we can follow that up by teaching Crane Style to Asia, Fist of the Daystar to Yang, and maybe Earth Dragon style to Mittelt.

Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Vote Change:

Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

plus:

I still think that Titan Felling seems more in style with Ruby, especially on the defense.

[X] Flaw: Ward 2 [Harem]

megrisvernin said:
Appealing. But remember she has a "mentorship" affinity to us. She'll want to do whatever we recommend.

Also who wants to bet Bright's little loophole to teaching them these charms involves giving her control of our body at least temporarily?
What loophole?

Tally:

iamnuff, Odysseus2099, megrisvernin

[X] Flaws: Climate Sensitivity (Cold)
Walkir, Brandark, Eler0

[X] Merit Contraception and common sense
MHLord, Bloodshifter, BFldyq, Gnarker, nightblade, Deathwings, Mu-Sensei

----

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
iamnuff, Gnarker, Mu-Sensei

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy
Walkir, shadowward, megrisvernin, Drakebane, Missingnoleader, Fellgar, Carrnage, mishie

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Path of the Arbiter
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Both (Alchemy, Enchantment)
All of them:
[X] Five Dragons Style
Darik29

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy
MHLord, Larekko12, hunter09, Bloodshifter, Eler0, Odysseus2099

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle first, then Titan Felling
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Both (Alchemy, Enchantment)
All of them:
[X] Five Dragons Style
kinglugia

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Path of the Arbiter
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy
moonrune

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Enchantment
Selias

[X] Ivory Pestle first, then Titan Felling
nightblade, Smuthunter, Deathwings

[X] Titan Felling first , then Ivory Pestle
Brandark

[X] Explain both styles. Give her the choice of which to learn first.
Disminded

----

Those who see their names in the wrong place, like because they edited their post, just post again with your actual vote, so I don't need to read the previous posts.

Also, I want to say:
-This isn't Creation, this is DxD. With all that the genre entails.
-If Issei lets Ruby and/or Yang fight the like of Kokabiel, he's doing something horribly wrong. The point of underlings is for them to fight opponents on their own levels, leaving the enemy powerhouses to the leader, AKA Issei.

This is Easy mode: I'm not going to throw you vicious curveballs unless you massively screw up. If this was another mode, then sure, but you chose Easy because you wanted to enjoy the quest without too much meta-gaming, right?

speaking of, Is there any way to determine if a species can learn higher martial arts or sorceries?

Carrnage said:
speaking of, Is there any way to determine if a species can learn higher martial arts or sorceries?
Not unless you try to teach it. I mean humans are out, but other supernatural beings...those back in Creation could, but Issei has not idea if the same hold true for beings like Fallen Angels and Devils.

Anyway, I noticed that you alerted people in your "Need a smut writer" thread that said "smut" is right around the corner. ;)

Damn, didn't mean to change the vote for the flaws too. Could you put me back under Ward (Harem)?

Right, took back my old vote.

As for the MA, I know jack about the mechanics of Exalted beyond the bare basic, especially the gigantic clusterfuck that are the MA available. But Smuthunter does and he tend to know what he is doing, so I'm going to trust him on that one. We'll see if my faith was well earned later I guess.

[X] Smuthunter

Deathwings said:
Right, took back my old vote.

As for the MA, I know jack about the mechanics of Exalted beyond the bare basic, especially the gigantic clusterfuck that are the MA available. But Smuthunter does and he tend to know what he is doing, so I'm going to trust him on that one. We'll see if my faith was well earned later I guess.

[X] Smuthunter
You do realize that he's treating it like we are playing in exalted and aren't on easy mode?

It's either that or I don't vote because, as I said, I know jack shit about Exalted MA and I'm not actually interested into wasting hours to look up informations.

nightblade said:
You do realize that he's treating it like we are playing in exalted and aren't on easy mode?
So wait, so you're saying that the problem with his vote is that he's assuming that things will get harder as the quest continues and is choosing the best option instead of random shit? Well in that case:

[X] Smuthunter

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back