• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Smuthunter

And change flaw vote to [X]CLIMATE SENSITIVITY (Cold)

Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Using the Pole as a stuff on Crescent Rose sounds really really dumb. That Blade is fucking Huge. She'd be better off attempting to use it as an axe. And can you link these gorram styles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Larekko12 said:
Using the Pole as a stuff on Crescent Rose sounds really really dumb. That Blade is fucking Huge. She'd be better off attempting to use it as an axe. And can you link these gorram styles?

He speaks truth. Having a big-ass scythe and not using the blade seems rather pointless, like having a gun and only pistol-whipping people with it. Sure, it's less lethal, but it kinda misses the whole point of having a gun.

Also? I think it would be more thematically interesting to teach each of them a separate style.

Disminded said:
He speaks truth. Having a big-ass scythe and not using the blade seems rather pointless, like having a gun and only pistol-whipping people with it. Sure, it's less lethal, but it kinda misses the whole point of having a gun.

Also? I think it would be more thematically interesting to teach each of them a separate style.
You won't be saying that when Ruby is bleeding out on the pavement because we taught her shitty charms.

Larekko12 said:
You have Google, look for them yourself. And look at how Ruby actually uses Crescent Rose in her fight scenes; half the time she's using the recoil from her cannon shots to enhance her swings. That fighting style doesn't become non-viable just because she turns the pole in a different direction.

Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Smuthunter said:
You won't be saying that when Ruby is bleeding out on the pavement because we taught her shitty charms.
You have Google, look for them yourself. And look at how Ruby actually uses Crescent Rose in her fight scenes; half the time she's using the recoil from her cannon shots to enhance her swings. That fighting style doesn't become non-viable just because she turns the pole in a different direction.

enhancing your swings really only helps if you keep striking with the weighted end.

a folding the blade down and using it as a culb would be better, but not by much.

frankly, no Exalted style really suits her, because her sycthe has a fucking gun in it.

she already has her own fighting style, all this choice really going to change is her charms, not the actual method she uses to fight (i should hope)

I was with you till the "teach the scythe user charms that only use half of her weapon" part.

as for "shitty charms" just because IP is apparantly broken as fuck, doesn't mean that Titan Felling is bad, right?

on another noteL if we awaken her essance, could we teach her shooting/achery charms? Yang too, for that matter.

Guys, your forgetting something: for a mortal to a TMA, their teacher must know the style. So if we want to teach them, we'll have to learn the style as well.

So I propose we get MA up to 5, get Swallowing the Lotus Root and Humbling Enlightenment Commentary, and then create custom TMA for the girls, each one designed around their particular strengths.

BFldyq said:
Guys, your forgetting something: for a mortal to a TMA, their teacher must know the style. So if we want to teach them, we'll have to learn the style as well.

that's a damn good point, actually.

we can't seriously expect to learn three other styles in a reasonable amount of time, right?

Also
[X] Flaw: Ward 2 [Harem]
[X] Merit Contraception and common sense

iamnuff said:
enhancing your swings really only helps if you keep striking with the weighted end.

a folding the blade down and using it as a culb would be better, but not by much.

frankly, no Exalted style really suits her, because her sycthe has a fucking gun in it.

she already has her own fighting style, all this choice really going to change is her charms, not the actual method she uses to fight (i should hope)

I was with you till the "teach the scythe user charms that only use half of her weapon" part.

as for "shitty charms" just because IP is apparantly broken as fuck, doesn't mean that Titan Felling is bad, right?
Terrestrial Charms are pretty shitty by default save for those with some special utility like Lighting Hoof and Golden Exhalation. They're balanced for mortal users, which characters at our level cleave through like a blowtorch through butter. IP is considered broken because it's a terrestrial style that hits like a CMA.

Come to think of it, maybe we should just skip the TMAs for Ruby and Yang and focus on putting them through training from hell to unlock their Balance Breakers. They need a much bigger force multiplier than the available charms can give them right now.

on another noteL if we awaken her essance, could we teach her shooting/achery charms? Yang too, for that matter.
I don't know of any archery or firearms charms that a mortal can possess. Golden Exhalation might work for Yang but that's for firewands, not cannon-fists.

BFldyq said:

So I propose we get MA up to 5, get Swallowing the Lotus Root and Humbling Enlightenment Commentary, and then create custom TMA for the girls, each one designed around their particular strengths.
As they are now they can't even start learning the Charms. The objective is to ease them into a style that compliment their skills, to provide real, tested training. The most important thing is teaching them Essence, so they can start Stunting like Heroic Mortals.

Also, don't worry: Bright devised a cheating method to teach styles Issei don't know 8)

Making a Tally now...

Smuthunter said:
Terrestrial Charms are pretty shitty by default save for those with some special utility like Lighting Hoof and Golden Exhalation. They're balanced for mortal users, which characters at our level cleave through like a blowtorch through butter. IP is considered broken because it's a terrestrial style that hits like a CMA.

Come to think of it, maybe we should just skip the TMAs for Ruby and Yang and focus on putting them through training from hell to unlock their Balance Breakers. They need a much bigger force multiplier than the available charms can give them right now.
I don't know of any archery or firearms charms that a mortal can possess. Golden Exhalation might work for Yang but that's for firewands, not cannon-fists.

eh, frankly, i never wanted them to have exaltated powers in the first place.

teach them DxD style magic, or just train them to be better at fighting.

theres no reason to expect that ruby will ever need more raw power. she has DEATH'S scythe. i'm pretty sure it can cut anything.

[X] both Ruby and Yang already have their own combat styles, teach them to use essence for basic body enhancement or something, they improve their own Freeform techniqces via sparring and battle experience.

Changed Vote:

Yang:
[ ] First Pulse

Ruby:
[ ] Titan Felling

Mittelt:
[ ] Ivory Pestle

Asia:
[ ] Thaumaturgy
-[ ] Alchemy

Why are you people trying to stick a Fragile Speedster like Ruby with a style suited for a Mighty Glacier ? Are you for real ? I barely know anything about Exalted and even I can see how much of stupid idea this is. If anything, Miltett should be the Mighty Glacier seeing as she is 1/4th Oni.

EDIT : Dammit, I can't keep track of this bullshit. This is really the biggest problem when playing Exalted based Quests. :(

Alexander said:
Also, don't worry: Bright devised a cheating method to teach styles Issei don't know 8)

We're going to get Limit from it, aren't we?

You're going to have to redo the vote.

Smuthunter went and changed his plan without demanding everyone reevaluate.

For example. He wants Ruby to leanr Iron Pestle when Deathwings doesn't and just voted Smuthunter.

Further linking the copy of the damn style you want to use so that you can be sure everyone can review is only polite and fair. I can't find Ivory Pestle for example.
Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:
[X]Titan Felling

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

How important is the choice for TMA in this quest ?

I get that most , if not all styles of TMA are horrible compared to Celestial and Sidereal Martial Arts , but it's not like we are ever going to face other Exalts as opponents. So the only competition we have is from the martial arts of this world , which I think any TMA style outstrips by a wide margin .

If we just make sure that the style we chose works with their Sacred Gears rather than hindering them , I think we should do fine . Ruby and Yang already have gotten Sacred Gears which are quite high tier . Combining them with the style they are going to learn , they should be able to take down most of the coming opponents without too much difficulty . Mitelt can combine what she learns with powers from her Oni and Fallen Angel heritage .

Of course , one may argue that the bosses we are going to face will be able to take them down , but that's what Issei is here for .

Larekko12 said:
You're going to have to redo the vote.

Smuthunter went and changed his plan without demanding everyone reevaluate.

For example. He wants Ruby to leanr Iron Pestle when Deathwings doesn't and just voted Smuthunter.

Further linking the copy of the damn style you want to use so that you can be sure everyone can review is only polite and fair. I can't find Ivory Pestle for example.
Presumably because you haven't looked for it. I Googled it and found it in about two seconds. Search for "Exalted Ivory Pestle" without the quotes and it's like the second or third link from the top. I'm only going to do so much hand-holding. :mad:

[X] Selective Conception
megrisvernin

[X] Flaw: Ward 2 [Ruby/Asia]
[X] Merits: Selective Conception and Common Sense
iamnuff, Odysseus2099

[X] Flaws: Climate Sensitivity (Cold)
Walkir, Brandark, Eler0

[X] Merit Contraception and common sense
Gnarker, MHLord, Bloodshifter

----

[X] both Ruby and Yang already have their own combat styles, teach them to use essence for basic body enhancement or something, they improve their own Freeform techniqces via sparring and battle experience.
iamnuff

[X] Yang: Path of the Arbiter
[X] Ruby: Path of the Arbiter
[X] Mittlet: Ivory Pestle
nightblade

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy
Smuthunter, Walkir, shadowward, megrisvernin, Deathwings, Drakebane

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Path of the Arbiter
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Both (Alchemy, Enchantment)
All of them:
[X] Five Dragons Style
Darik29

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy
Mu-Sensei, MHLord, Fellgar, Disminded, Gnarker, Larekko12, hunter09, Bloodshifter, Brandark, Eler0

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Both (Alchemy, Enchantment)
All of them:
[X] Five Dragons Style
kinglugia

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Path of the Arbiter
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy
moonrune

----

Votes are still open. Please remember to keep the discussion civil.

Actually, if we're only training the girls in the principles of a martial art and not getting into the charms then do we even need to limit ourselves to TMAs in the first place? We could just jump straight into Fist of the Daystar and White Reaper. The forms and motions should be perfectly learnable even if the supernatural stuff is out of bounds for the time being.

Vote change
Yang:
[X] First Pulse

Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling

Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle

Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Alexander said:
[X] Flaw: Ward 2 [Ruby/Asia]
[X]CLIMATE SENSITIVITY (Cold)
Walkir

Nah, I'm not the kind of guy that only picks flaws to get a "roleplaying challenge" ;).
Let alone exchanges merits for flaws...

Please drop the ward and add

Edit: drop the ward, I mean of course...^^

Alexander said:
Snip
Votes are still open. Please remember to keep the discussion civil.
Deathwings and Gnarker aren't voting for the latest plan smuthunter.

Smuthunter Changed his vote without getting on them to change it officially.

The logic in Deathwings is against Ivory Pestle.

[X] Merit Contraception and common sense.

Yang:
[X] First Pulse
Ruby:
[X] Titan Felling
Mittelt:
[X] Ivory Pestle
Asia:
[X] Thaumaturgy
-[X] Alchemy

Smuthunter said:
Actually, if we're only training the girls in the principles of a martial art and not getting into the charms then do we even need to limit ourselves to TMAs in the first place? We could just jump straight into Fist of the Daystar and White Reaper. The forms and motions should be perfectly learnable even if the supernatural stuff is out of bounds for the time being.
Sure. However, it would be a poor imitation (since they can't learn the Charms) and they will need to wait until Issei find the way for them to learn Celestial stuff.

Look people, you aren't taking a final decision. This will require time, and so changing idea is perfectly viable. Take it easy.

Since, you know, to even start all of this Issei will need to learn two new Charms.
Larekko12 said:
Deathwings and Gnarker aren't voting for the latest plan smuthunter.

Smuthunter Changed his vote without getting on them to change it officially.

The logic in Deathwings is against Ivory Pestle.
Then if they want they will change their votes after reading the tally. Problem solved.

Alexander said:
Sure. However, it would be a poor imitation (since they can't learn the Charms) and they will need to wait until Issei find the way for them to learn Celestial stuff.
The same goes for TMAs. They don't have enlightened essence so they can't learn any charms from those styles either, not until we unlock their essence for them.

At this point, the only thing we're really capable of doing is raising their mundane skills. With that in mind, we should be shooting for helping the girls unlock their respective Balance Breakers, which will almost certainly be much more powerful than anything we can teach them at their current levels. In the meantime we research ways to unlock CMAs for them and then give them styles that are actually worth spending EXP on instead of settling for shitty mortal-tier charms. Does this sound workable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back