• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

Deadly Snark said:
Cavalier, you dishonest fuck, show me where anyone on the Arsenal Side ever said anything about speccing towards a melee fighter? SHOW ME, FUCKING SHOW ME!!!!

Why does he have to? All he needs to do is continue shitposting on Arsenal and taint the argument in his favor by picking and choosing the weakest arguments in favor of it as though those are the only ones that matter.

(Yes, I'm upset with him too >_<)

Last edited by a moderator:
His side would gain more tracks if he stopped lying.

Also if he stopped trying to make this into a fight between Discret and Arsenal, when he's not even fucking voting for Discret. He's voting for Goddamn MORE POWAR!!

Also. Rihaku, you should make a new thread. I've talked with Red Flag and he told me that the problem with the lag is 100+ pages threads. Each time we post in a thread that big the servers short out because they keep going back to check every single post in that thread.

Deadly Snark said:

Also if he stopped trying to make this into a fight between Discret and Arsenal, when he's not even fucking voting for Discret. He's voting for Goddamn MORE POWAR!!

Also. Rihaku, you should make a new thread. I've talked with Red Flag and he told me that the problem with the lag is 100+ pages threads. Each time we post in a thread that big the servers short out because they keep going back to check every single post in that thread.

The problem is that I feel like we're losing anyway, because we're not aggressive enough >_<

Mostly because most of us who are for Arsenal acknowledge that Discreet has merits of it's own, while many of the people going for Discreet are saying Arsenal is a complete counterproductive waste >_<

It also definitely does not help when Cavalier continues to escalate his bullshit. When I'm already pissed off enough.

Alectai said:
The problem is that I feel like we're losing anyway, because we're not aggressive enough >_<

Mostly because most of us who are for Arsenal acknowledge that Discreet has merits of it's own, while many of the people going for Discreet are saying Arsenal is a complete counterproductive waste >_<

Alectai, don't take this the wrong way, because I like and respect you, I really do, but quit your bitching nancy.

We're the ones winning because Rihaku knows how the abilities work better than anyone else, so he knows when Cavalier's spewing bullshit. Because he's not even using good arguments or debating tactics. So we'll win.

Also, I maintain that Gun Golems are valid, because they're something that Rihaku came up with.

Alectai said:

It also definitely does not help when Cavalier continues to escalate his bullshit. When I'm already pissed off enough.

Don't give up! Rihaku is the one who decides, ultimately, and I don't think that the anti-Arsenal crowd's fallacies are going to convince him.

Ehh...

No, you're right, this has been a pretty shitty week for me, and I've been particularly bitter lately. I'll try to dial down my negativity.

No promises, but I'll make a good effort at it.

Deadly Snark said:

I would really like some more specific technical confirmation on that, if that's true. Maybe they should cap threads at 100 pages?

Rihaku said:
I would really like some more specific technical confirmation on that, if that's true. Maybe they should cap threads at 100 pages?

Might be worth a short, the lag only got really, really fucking ridiculous last saturday, and that coincides with the thread hitting 100+ pages. And it's been definitely getting worse.

Rihaku said:

Red Flag's info is generally pretty good, so it can't hurt to try.

Rihaku said:
I'm guessing the reason lag tends to pop up when you make a thread is how quickly they grow, and how often they're checked in addition to being above the limits.

Can't hurt to at least try making a new thread and seeing if that abates some of the lag.

Rihaku said:

From what I understand of the situation, it has to deal with the way the forum's software deals with compiling the threads. Basically every time you refresh the page and ping the server for a specific thread, it pings and recalls the whole thread, which creates near exponential stress on the server due to constant posting and activity on a single 'unit' on the board - such as a single large thread then dozens of smaller ones. This is even further exacerbated by the number of participants in the individual thread, with up to several dozen trying to read the stuff you GM. Thus while your games are not the 'cause' they don't help the situation.

The lag is taking a break!

Make the new thread before it comes back!

Mhm, looks like we're still getting afternoon lag, hope it won't be as bad as previously.

Okay, so we know that we've found at least one way to win here, and I'm inclined to believe it's my way, but what do you guys think?

Kinda hard to check the various suggestions with this lag, but I'd favour the one that involves using Mami's attactment to life.

Is it possible to delay the activation of an impactor round? Fire one into the flesh that's being co-opted to form these ablative barriers, and then have it detonate close to her core, bypassing the hardened tissues?

IIRC, SB's server is probably weaker than the desktop computer you're reading it on. (Assuming you're reading on a desktop that can play recent games at reasonable quality.)

Anyway, I don't think trying to make Mami use some derived magic that she's never tried before is a good idea. I don't, however, know what the right choice is.

She seems to know her power pretty well; if severing the creature's 'attachment to life' were that easy, she'd probably have made a habit of it.

No lag for 30~ Minutes, and now it's back. Whyyyyyyy.

I just imagined us as Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach, manipulating 50~ Seeker Bullets fired from several guns from Arsenal. That would be cool.
Also I think that might be Highly Effective if we get level 5+ Damage on our Rifle. (Arsenal might even further that damage bonus.)

LightMage said:
No lag for 30~ Minutes, and now it's back. Whyyyyyyy.

I just imagined us as Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach, manipulating 50~ Seeker Bullets fired from several guns from Arsenal. That would be cool.
Also I think that might be Highly Effective if we get level 5+ Damage on our Rifle. (Arsenal might even further that damage bonus.)

We can't really afford blowing 60K on Stopping Power right now I think, especially when dealing damage really isn't our problem, it's actually hitting our target.

Because it's SB. And SB is now very strong in the dark side of Lag.

Alectai said:
We can't really afford blowing 60K on Stopping Power right now I think, especially when dealing damage really isn't our problem, it's actually hitting our target.

Ah true.

Still I think we'll hit our target with 50~ Seekers flying from all Directions (And being fired at differing times and rates) at our target.
The more velocity we get, the longer and stronger our Seekers will be. It's just a possible combo attack to think about.

LightMage said:
Ah true.

Still I think we'll hit our target with 50~ Seekers flying from all Directions (And being fired at differing times and rates) at our target.
The more velocity we get, the longer and stronger our Seekers will be. It's just a possible combo attack to think about.

We'd get the same result by improving our Perception--arguably moreso, as that improves our Range, and it operates on the Combat Scale--and we'd be able to get two stat-ups and most of a Weapon Magic for the price of Stopping Power 5.

Alectai said:
We'd get the same result by improving our Perception--arguably moreso, as that improves our Range, and it operates on the Combat Scale--and we'd be able to get two stat-ups and most of a Weapon Magic for the price of Stopping Power 5.

Ah sorry I didn't mean to give the impression I was arguing for Stopping Power 5 before upgrading Perception.
I'd in fact want us to Upgrade Perception because we can upgrade it twice for the one time Stopping power would be upgraded.
I was more going along the Arsenal thought path, for the say 10 guns to fire off 5 Seeker rounds each at differing times and angles.
Homing bullets are a pain to dodge.

I'm thinking we probably want to spend time scouting out Tetsu before engaging him on our own terms.

So, the lag at SB ate my post. The basic idea was that we could run around the Labyrinth starting fires, and maybe blowing holes to let in oxygen, in order to deny the witch her biomass. Thoughts?

Oh, hey, it didn't. The post's just hard to see with all the lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back