• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Lancaster: "A Favor" By AllSlayer New
Jaune was hanging out reading comics in his room alone as Nora had dragged Ren away for something about a sloth, and Pyrrha was meeting with her agent about this commercial they would like her to do the coming weekend.

That is when he heard a knock on his door. He glanced up from his comic, "It's open!" he hollers.

The door opens and a fidgeting Ruby slowly enters and gently closes the door behind her.

"Hi Jaune," she quietly says as she tries to keep making eye contact to only shift her vision away after a second or two.

"Hey Ruby," Jaune replies as he looks at her over his comic perplexed by her current behavior. He had known Ruby for months now, hell they had even just celebrated her birthday! Even though Yang could be a bit overprotective she decided to get Ruby a drink for becoming a legal adult. But Jaune didn't want to pressure her into saying what was wrong if she was struggling.

So Jaune sat there in the awkward silence as she stood a few feet from the door fidgeting, after 5 minutes of this Jaune decided to take some initiative. He put the comic down and sat on the edge of his bed. "Is there something you want to discuss?" he gently asked.

Ruby shook her head viciously and slapped her cheeks. Which already had some red on them but now shown brightly. She moved to him with a purpose, but he could still see some hesitation with the movements. Like she was just powering through the doubts and fears.

She sat down next to him, straightening out her skirt as she did. Jaune being quite a bit taller looked down to the girl sitting next to him. She had updated her wardrobe a bit after her birthday (Vol 4-Vol 6 outfit). He was getting a good amount of cleavage shown to him right now, and he just realized she had been showing off recently. So, he averted his eyes and went to her face. Where he would always be astounded by how beautiful she was. The cute round face and button nose, full lips, stunning silver eyes, and unique hair.

"Jaune," Ruby suddenly spoke shocking Jaune of his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I have a major favor to ask you, and you are the only one to go to for this," Ruby says as she starts playing with her fingerings talking despite her nervousness.

"I'll help," Jaune replied without hesitation. "Anything for you Ruby."

The red that had been going down in her cheeks had flared up again.

"Then… I need you to kiss me." She said as she turned her head to look up and meet his eyes.

Record scratch sound

Jaune blinked once, twice, and blinked a third time.

"What?"

"I need you to kiss me Jaune."

"…May I ask why?" Jaune asked as he was doing everything in his power to not outwardly freak out at this very moment like he wanted to.

"I haven't ever kissed a boy before." Ruby quietly admitted as she still looked deeply into his beautiful sapphire eyes she had always loved looking into. "I have always been saving it, for the some I truly had feelings for. But I'm already an adult and haven't kissed them yet. So, I want to get it out of the way. And I know you have some experience because of your last girlfriend, and I trust you more than anyone. So, I want you to kiss me Jaune."

Jaune could only stare into her nervous but determined silver eyes. His mind a mile a minute as he processed her confession. This was a big deal to her, and he couldn't in good conscience take away this first she had been saving from her.

"Ruby, this kiss is special for you. I can't take it." Jaune said with all the sincerity in his heart.

Instead of looking upset at him, Ruby just smiled lightly as her eyes filled with affection. And another emotion that Jaune had picked up on but couldn't quite place.

"And that's why I can do this," Ruby quietly said as she shot up and met her lips with his.

The whole world froze for Jaune as he felt her warm soft lips against his. The taste of cookies on her lips from some she probably had before coming over. He could she was trying to lead but didn't know what to do, so on instinct, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close causing her to squeak into his mouth causing him to smile lightly in their kiss. He decided the milk was already spilled and might as well make sure she enjoyed it. He began to kiss her back and soon took the lead as he moved his lips against hers almost like giving them a massage that practically had her melting against him. She moaned softly as he went to work and not wanting to be shown up tried to match his movements with her own.

After a few minutes of this Jaune tested the waters and brought his tongue into play and gently prodded at her lips. Ruby readily granted him access opening her mouth for him. Jaune's tongue shot forward to meet her and began a battle he had far more experience in and quickly subdued her tongue and soon began to conquer every corner of her mouth. Ruby moaned in delight every moment of it. But she couldn't take this defeat lying down and pushed them back onto the bed and put herself on top of Jaune as they continued their make-out session. Jaune's arms wrapped securely around her waist making her feel warm and protected.

Soon they broke apart each panting heavily as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Thank you Jaune, I love every minute of this." Ruby quietly said as she nuzzled the crook of his neck.

Jaune sighed lightly, "Well I will feel bad about the guy you will have feelings for, for taking this away from him."

Ruby stopped her nuzzling as he said that and pulled herself back so she could look him in the eyes again. She could see he was completely serious with that statement.

"Pfft," Ruby began to giggle then laugh at his words. This was Jaune after all.

"No need to laugh, I think it is a serious issue," Jaune commented with mild defensiveness.

Ruby finished her giggle session and looked back down at him with a loving smile. And kissed him gently again.

"You are as dense as a gravity dust crystal," Ruby lightly replied. "Jaune, you are that someone special. I love you."

Jaune blinked at her, "Wha?"

Ruby giggled lightly again, "I have loved you for a long time now, I don't know exactly when I got these feelings, but they have been there for most of the year. I was just waiting until my birthday to do anything since I wanted to be able to pursue you without any restrictions."

Jaune could only look at her dumbfounded for a minute before he tossed his head back and groaned loudly.

"I have had feelings for you too, Ruby." He admitted with his head still tossed back so he couldn't see her. "I just thought I would never have a chance."

"You big dummy, of course you would have one. Well let's make up for lost time, shall we?

Four hours later Ren opened the door to find them still making out but without any clothes on their top halves by then. He stood frozen for 2 seconds before he quietly closed the door and turned to Nora who had seen the same thing by peaking from behind him.

"Protect fearless leader from Yang?" Nora asks

Ren nods, "Yes, and from what we have seen they will escalate quickly and so will Yang's ire."

"Cause it's Ruby or because it isn't her?"

"Yes."

Fate is a Two Way Door New
Salem: "So, here you are at last. Mankind's greatest heroes. Do you even know who you fight alongside with, Ozma?"

*Salem stands alone at her castle. She smiles and looks over the assembled heroes; teams RWBY and JNR, Qrow and Ozpin, Arturia and the Knights, Nick and his team, Tai, and countless others.*

Salem: "The King of Knights and the Round Table. The great heroes of the Mahabharata. The Child of Light, so far from the lands of the Tuatha. The Iron Wrought Magus, who sought to save everyone. Shall I go on?

*Jaune wonders at some of the names, but starts as he realizes that Salem is staring at his Grandpa Shirou while his Uncle Arjun is staring at her in undisguised shock.*

Shirou: "We've never met."
Salem: *chuckles* "Oh, but we have, Emiya Shirou. Your father rejected the truth that I showed and you were baptized in my mud and fire. Now, All the World's Evil shall become the World."

*A blast of destructive crimson power crashes into Evernight Castle. Mordred huffs and charges another Clarent Blood Arthur, and the dust clears Salem is regenerating, streams of Darkness swirling into her.*

Salem: "A poor copy of your Noble Phantasm, Knight of Treachery. Let me remind you what a true one is capable of, and know me by my true name once again!"

*Salem lifts her hands to the air in mocking supplication*

Salem: "LET ALL HONOR ME. LET ME BE EXALTED OVER ALL ELSE. THE DAEVAS SHALL SING THE GATHAS. THE PERI SHALL PERFORM THE YASNA.

DESPOIL THE SKIES. RAPE THE EARTH. OPEN FORTH THE GATES OF AHRIMANABAD. SHATTER THE SEALS OF DAMAVAND.

TRUE NOBLE PHANTASM: AJA'IB AL-MAKHLUQAT WA GHARA'IB AL-MAWJUDAT; DJEBEL QAF!"

Thoughts on Isabel's Siblings/Jaune's Aunt and Uncles New
I'm also thinking of doing more with Jaune's biological aunt and uncles on the Arc side, but I'm gonna make them more their own characters. Some thoughts:

-Uncle Alex is still going to be a take on Father Anderson from Hellsing. He'll go by Father Alex which is more, well, copyright friendly so to speak. His Semblance will be Shadow Duplication: He can create shadow clones of physical objects he touches, primarily his knives. It will be a form of Semblance similar to his grandfather Shirou's Unlimited Blade Works. Paired with his powerful Aura and combat training, he's a very effective paladin for the Church.

-Uncle Nanami Kento from Jiujutsu Kaisen is getting a significant name change. Nanami is in fact his surname, Kento (meaning "sword") is his first name. So I'll use the Old Germanic word "Brand" for his name which means "sword, fire, torch" depending on context. Brand Arc also functions as a bit of a pun given his focus on finances. His Semblance is "Division"-He has superhuman precision with cuts and objects, as well as in conceptualizing mass and volume of objects. This helped him with finances and allows him to strike very precisely once he figures out a weakpoint. Again, somewhat based on his grandfather Shirou's abilities.

-Aunt Irina from Assassination Classroom is relatively simple: Her name is a Slavic form of the Greek name "Irene", meaning "peace". So now she's Irene Arc. She's got more actual combat training and ability given she lives in Remnant. Her Semblance is "Crescendo": She is able to increase or decrease sounds around her. It's a bit of a wildcard Semblance that resulted but paired with Arc Aura reserves and stamina it makes her a deadly threat and a very effective assassin.

-Uncle Sanji is also fairly simple: "Sanji" means "Third son" in Japanese, so we'll go with the English name "Trey". It also serves as a bit of a fun reference to Sanji's nationality, France, if he was in the real world (and Jaune's inspiration). Trey Arc is a world class gourmet cook and a great fighter with his feet only. His Semblance is Tough Body: Not unlike his eldest sister he has superhuman toughness. He can't really turn this on or off, so he uses Aura fighting techniques to maximize what he can do with it, such as igniting his Aura around his feet to deal more damage in combat.

If SI Jaune decided to go streaming 2 New
If SI Jaune decided to go streaming 2

Inside JNPR Room.

Jaune: Testing, testing. Are we online?

Miss Ara Ara: He's back!

Cream and Pie: Our dashing knight is here!

Kabedon: Kyaa. Jaune-sama

Three Scoop: :)

Jaune: Man, people in Remnant need some drink.

Jaune: "Guess we are."

Cough.

Jaune: "Hello my squires. I'm Jaune Arc and this is my channel, Knight Arc. So today, as requested by many of you, I'm gonna talk about Semblance."

Jaune: "But first, today we got an all huntress team with us as my guests. Squires, let me present to you, Team RWBY."

Jaune shows four girls.

Ruby: "Um, hello. I'm Ruby."

Weiss: "Greetings. My name is Weiss."

Blake: *Nods and gives a wave with her hand.* "Blake."

Yang: "Sup. Call me Yang."

Preach Bro: Holy Monty. Bro got two celebrities with him.

Hazy Memory: Which ones is the celebrities?

Tough Time: I recognized the white hair girl. Weiss Schnee right? The singer and heiress of SDC.

Camo Girl: And Blake. The daughter of Chieftain of Menagerie.

While the girls were introducing themselves, Jaune had one thought.

Jaune: Was it really worth it to make that deal with Ozpin?

.....​

Flashback Starts.
A day before.

Ozpin: "Mr. Arc, I will give you 1 000 lien if you can keep team RWBY away from the city for a day." *Holding money in his hands.*

Jaune: "Make it half a day and you got a deal."

Ozpin: "Done."
Flashback Ends.

.....​

Yang: "I got a question. What's with the squire thing?"

Blake: "You mean why he call his watchers squires?"

Yang: "Yeah, that."

Jaune: "Oh, I heard from someone that every knight needs a squire. Thought it might be nice."

Terra Top: Guess we're squires now.

Saphron Spice: I don't mind.

Jaune: "Alright back to topic of today, Semblance."

Jaune: "If Aura is a general power that masses can use, Semblance is like a personal power. Your very own superpower if you will."

Dine Dime: I suppose there's a reason why they call Huntsman and Huntress heroes.

Climb Fool: Having your own superpower certainly qualifies to be a superhero.

Dark Green: Or a supervillain.

Climb Fool: Must you ruin my dream?

Jaune: "Would our guests wants to share anything about Semblance?"

Ruby: "Semblance is fueled by Aura. Some Semblance takes time to discover."

Jaune: "Some Huntsman and Huntress never awaken their semblance, so don't feel too bad if you never found yours."

Yang: "Fun fact, you can name your Semblance when you fill out the application form for entering a Huntsman Academy."

Weiss: There's an old legend that Man is born from Dust. That's why some Semblance require Dust to function.

Jaune: "Whether that legend is true or not, some Semblance do use Dust to work well."

Blake: "Some book I read says that Semblance is a power that you wanted or needed most and develop in dangerous situation."

[TIME ELAPSED: 5 MINUTES]

Jaune: "Semblance are usually divided into two types, Hereditary and Non Hereditary. For example, Weiss is Hereditary while the other member of RWBY possess Non Hereditary Semblances. Weiss, can you make a small Glyph and show it to our audience?"

Weiss: Of course. It would be my honor.

Hihehahohu: So formal.

Rise Mantle: There's the Atlas elite etiquette.

Tiger Claw: Down with SDC!

The last comment actually made Blake snorted.

Jaune: "Each type comes with its own advantage and disadvantage."

Jaune: "For Hereditary Semblance, the user will have an advantage in knowing what semblance they have and generations can continue to refine it further. The disadvantage on the other hand is that your enemy will know what semblance you have and there's a limit to how much you can refine your semblance."

Weiss: "True, I had years of practice. Some of my technique came from what is passed from my family."

Jaune: "Non Hereditary are a surprises which can be good and bad. Some can be more powerful than Hereditary Semblance while others may seem less powerful. Most Semblance are simple in nature like telekinesis and super speed."

Ruby: "Yup, mine allows me to move fast."

Jaune: "Chuckles.* "Yeah, Ruby would be Mover 7."

"Mover 7?"

Jaune: "Ah sorry. So I created categories for Semblance to help with ratings. Here."

Jaune shows a board which has 10 categories o them.

Maker
Mover
Mind
Might
Blaster
Ruler
Mirage
Chance
Effect
Trump

Jaune: "I might add more in the future but for now, this is what I got."

Jaune: "So some explanation. I'll try to keep it simple."

Jaune: "Maker is like those that creates something with their semblance. For example, clones and summon defeated Grimm."

Jaune: "Mover involves moving from one place to another. Speed, Flight and Portal. Speed is about increased movement beyond normal pace, Flight is about able to fly without equipment and Portal is basically Teleportation. I'm pretty sure it was also Doctor Oobleck also possessed a speed semblance."

Jaune: "Mind is like being a Planner which makes plan either long term or short term, read mind or enhanced intelligence."

Jaune: "Might is either Brawn which increase strength as a focus and Tank which increased defensive or regenerative focus."

Jaune: "Ruler usually refer to either a Creator which creates the minions in question and Controller which controls assets already present for minions. Ruler must have control over target. Point is, they can command beings with their Semblance."

Jaune: "Blaster is about offensive ranged attack. Some Semblance allows their user to create Aura Arrow or coat object with their Semblance."

Jaune: Mirage usually refer to those with illusion or stealth semblance. can usually be listed under two categories, Hider (invisiblity, shadow cloaking, and other methods to avoid direct detection) and Faker (pretends to be someone else, usually in a position of power or access).

Jaune: "Chance involves with probability manipulation. Luck or Misfortune. Again, there's a good reason to activate your Aura inside a safe place."

Jaune: "Effect Your semblance have an effect on yourself or others. Poison, heal, bypassing aura."

Jaune: "Lastly Trump. Trump fall under a wide variety of options, however common sub-designations are Nullifier which nullifies powers used against them or in an area, Copier which copies powers to some extent, Modifier for semblance alterations in others, Stealer which allow user to steal semblances and Lot which means having lots of semblances to use by self or for others."

Dommy Mommy: Twice now you impressed me. These categories is certainly useful.

Ding~

*Dommy Mommy has donated 2 000 lien.*

Jaune: "Oh wow, that's a lot of money. Thanks Dommy Mommy. I hope I can keep impressing you."

Ding~

*Three Scoop has donated 200 lien.*

Jaune: "Thanks Three Scoop. Appreciate the lien."

Ding~

*Melon Lady has donated 500 lien.*

Ding~

*Banana Split has donated 1 000 lien.*

Ding~

*Need Cucumber has donated 700 lien.*

Jaune: "Thanks for the money, but please don't force yourself to donate if you can't. The money is nice but prioritize yourself before me."

Meanwhile Team RWBY who just watch Jaune getting thousands of money.

Ruby: "Cookies. Giant sized cookies. All the cookies."

Blake: "More book. Ninja's of Love volume 10."

Yang: "Bumblebee could use some tuning up."

Jaune finished thanking his donators.

Jaune: "Back to those categories, I put ratings on 1 to 10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest."

Jaune: "Here are some videos of team RWBY fighting with their semblances."

Blake: "You're playing video of our initiation test?"

Jaune: "Only some of it."

Plays video of RWBY and JNPR doing their initiation test to the point where they are fighting Nevermore and Death Stalker.

Jaune: "Like I said, Ruby would definitely be Mover 7."

Weiss: "You may be on to something Arc."

Jaune: "Let's go next with Yang. Obviously Might since her strength increased when she is using her Semblance but numbers?"

Bold Luck: I give Might 5.

Kaboom: No, Might 6. Don't you see how she just one shot those Ursas? I'm taking consumption of Aura and stamina into account.

Winter Cold: Might 7 if we're counting the Dust use as well.

Weiss: "What about Blake?"

Jaune: "Let's see. Blake can create solid clone that doesn't move. She can even infuse Dust to her Clone. That makes her Maker 3."

Blake: "And Weiss?"

Jaune: "Ruler 3 to 7. Depends on the summoned Grimm and the amount she can summon. Maker 3 to 7. Again, it depends on what type of Grimm she summon and how long she can maintain it. Mover 4 since she can use Dust to speed up her movement."

Easy Oz: This categories might be useful for classes at Hunter Academy.

Lemon Goodness: I will adapt these categories to my lesson.

Cold Iron: I'll start using these categories on my students.

Real Girl: Let me help you Uncle Iron.

[TIME ELAPSED: 15 MINUTES]

Weiss: "It's a combat skirt."

Ruby: "Yeah."

Ruby instantly went to Weiss and the two slap their hand.

Bun Bun: Adorable.

Pish Posh: Cute.

Kunoichi: Kawaii

Blake: "I only said you two wear skirt into combat, why are so many people liking it?"

Yang: "Not gonna stop them?"

Jaune: "Nothing exploded yet so I think this is still safe."

BOOM!

Stream Ends.

Jaune SI BS 22: Visits New
As it turned out, a lot more time and things happened in the real version of Remnant than was depicted in the show. Which, to be fair, had a limited runtime and budget. This was the full world.

That said, the show served as a rough timeline for most of the major events and even if it had been a while, Jaune did remember most of them.

He'd gotten the timing down just right for Cinder's team to get into the CCTNet Tower. They had still run into Penny and Ruby, but had escaped. This meant Ruby learned that Penny was a gynoid, just like in the original timeline. Ruby had been fixing Penny when Jaune "accidentally" barged in.

Ruby: "Um... Uh... J-Jaune! This isn't what it looks like-!"

Jaune: smiles and closes the door behind him "Relax Ruby, Penny. I can keep a secret. It's what friends do."

Penny: "We... We are friends, Friend Jaune?"

Jaune: "I think so. Do you?"

Penny: "Of course!"

Ruby sighs in relief.

Jaune: "Don't you worry about a thing, Penny. We're friends and anything you don't want revealed? Won't be. I promise."

Penny: "Are... You certain you are fine with being friends with a... A robot?"

Jaune: "I've always wanted to be friends with a robot! Or rather, gynoid."

Ruby: "Really? Me too?!"

Jaune: "So you don't have to... Try so hard around us."

Penny: blinks "Am I not supposed to apply 100 percent of my efforts to all things to learn, grow, and become the best person I can be?"

Jaune: "Well... Not every aspect of life requires 100 percent effort and how you apply that effort is just as important as how much you use."

Penny: "Really? Sensational!"

Ruby helps Penny fix herself up. They wave goodbye as Penny heads back to meet with her team.

Ruby: beams "Thank you so much, Jaune. That... That means everything."

Jaune: "I meant every word."

Ruby: "So... Um... There is a dance before summer break."

Jaune: blinks "... Oh. Shit. Right. I forgot."

Ruby: "You forgot?" giggles "Yang's not gonna be happy about that!"

Jaune: "I just have a lot going on."

Ruby: "Yeah, about that: Why are you going off to meet with Professor Ozpin so much, anyway?"

Jaune: "I can't tell you. It's... Important."

Ruby: pouts "Yang's already got a lot of worries... Ya know... With your harem and all-"

Jaune: puts her in a headlock and noogies her "You're not helping with that either!"

Ruby: "ACK! EEP! O-OKAY OKAY! SORRY!"

She dashes away with her Semblance and pouts at him.

Jaune shakes his head.

Jaune: "Seriously Ruby. I would tell you if I could but... I can't. It's very important."

Ruby: sighs "All right... Just... It's not anything I did, right?"

Jaune: "No, of course not."

Ruby: "And... We're still going to Radian for Summer Break?"

Jaune: "Wha-" groans "How did you find out?!"

Ruby: "I hacked Yang's Scroll."

Jaune: "Seriously?!"

Ruby: "I do it all the time!"

Jaune: "That doesn't make it better! But... Yes. We're taking a trip to Radian. You, Nora and Ren can come along. And so can anyone else who wants to. But it was going to be a surprise."

Ruby: "I thought you wanted to take things slow with Yang?"

Jaune: "What?"

Ruby: "I mean, your whole family is in Radian, right? We're gonna meet your parents?"

Jaune: "... Okay... So it could look a little... Fast, but that's why we're all going. It'll be a fun trip with my friends and family. And besides... I can't just leave you all alone here for the break."

Ruby: "Yang's hoping you two can suck more face together."

Jaune: "Yeah, that's accounted for."

Ruby: beams "And the rest of your harem? Is there room for sucking face with me-?"

Headlock and noogie

Ruby: "OW OW OW OW OWWWW OKAY I'M SORRY!"

Jaune: "Seriously Ruby! I love ya, but until you're actually legal and unless Yang goes insane, we're NOT going that far, okay?"

Ruby: pouts a little "... Okay... But... If I was legal and I'd asked you out first...?"

Jaune: long sigh "... I would have said yes."

Ruby: beams

Jaune: "Now... I've got another appointment. I'll see you later, okay?"

Ruby: "Sure!" hugs him

Jaune leaves and heads to dorm A12. Pyrrha was waiting dutifully outside.

Jaune: "Sorry I'm late."

Pyrrha: "It's all right. I got to get out of a magazine shoot, after all." smiles.

Jaune smiles back. They both enter the room. The lights flick on as Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald all stare intently at them. Cinder for her part looks annoyed.

Jaune: "How did things go?"

Cinder: glare "According to plan... Except for the part where Rose and Atlas' pet gynoid intervened."

Jaune: shook his head "Random chance is as much a part of this job as anything else. On the plus side, you delivered the package?"

Emerald: "We did, but how do we know it wasn't a trap?!"

Jaune: "Hey. All you had to do was switch out one of the general system holodrives for another that I prepared with the virus. That holodrive has the exact same maintenance schedule, wear and tear as the original. Unless they were specifically looking for the few manufacturing differences between it and thousands of others, they will miss it. The little hack my friend did to the system will include documentation to explain any anomalies and I personally forged paperwork that I slipped into the maintenance archives. We're in the clear."

Emerald: glares "I don't trust him, Cinder. Not one bit-!"

Cinder: "Quiet Emerald."

Emerald: "Y-Yes ma'am."

Cinder: eyes narrow "... Rose and the gynoid happening upon me in the middle of the operation could be a bit of bad luck. But you can understand why we thought it was a trap. You said you were working on her."

Jaune: "Well I can't have her on a leash all the time, can I? She's underaged, it would attract too much attention. Plus her sister has abandonment issues. I'm playing no less deadly a game than you are, Cinder. There are going to be little set backs from time to time. The important thing is, you got the virus into the system, yes?"

Cinder: "... Yes. The first half."

Jaune: "Oh?"

Cinder: "It's a binary virus. Both sets of code are meant to look benign on their own, but when the activation code is issued, they link together and give us total control of Vale and Atlas' computers."

Jaune's Brain: Wow, that is ingenius and I have no idea how it would work. Wish I was a computer programmer in my past life. Still, Ozpin assured me that Penny's Dad and Atlas' cybersecurity guys can unravel the virus since they know what to look for from the holodrive I got them. So hopefully that will work..."

Jaune: "I see. Forgive me, I'm more of a people person than a technical guy."

Cinder: nods "I can see that. In any event the most opportune moment to deliver the second half of the code will be the Beacon Dance. I assume you can come up with a good cover?"

Jaune: "Lemme work on that."

Cinder: "Good... Mercury? Emerald? You're dismissed."

Mercury gives Jaune a savage but approving smile, while Emerald scowls at him. They both leave.

Cinder: "Your pet can go too."

Jaune: looks over at Pyrrha. He reaches up and pats her head

Jaune: "I'll be fine, go."

Pyrrha: smiles "Yes Master."

She exits, leaving Jaune and Cinder alone.

Cinder: "How did you get the security systems to drop for us?"

Jaune: "Hacker friend again. The security systems are run on a different server than the rest of the systems. I was able to use a drive she gave me to send it into maintenance mode from Ozpin's office terminal. He went to get some coffee and I ran it."

Cinder: nods approvingly "Smooth. Very, very smooth. The old wizard must be going senile."

Jaune: "I don't know. He's suspicious. That's why I've played it so carefully... But there is one incident in my past that is why he looks so closely at me."

Cinder: "Oh?"

Jaune: scoffs "Don't pretend you don't know. Any competent operator would have researched everything they could about me."

Cinder: "... You got me. I believe it has to do with your childhood illnesses?"

Jaune: nods "Officially my mother figured out how to beat it with conventional, if ingenious, medicine."

Cinder: "... And unofficially?"

Jaune: "Queen Salem offered my parents a deal: Save my life, and in exchange serve her."

Cinder: eyes widen "Quite the price they paid."

Jaune: "They did it gladly. And you can appreciate how delicious Salem found it. After all, the founding matriarch of our house, Joan D'Arc, defeated her servant the Witch Queen of Argus. She hasn't forgotten about that."

Cinder: "Indeed... But you'll forgive me if I don't entirely trust you."

Jaune: "I appreciate the honesty."

Cinder: "Still..." She walked up and rested a hand against his chest "Perhaps when this is all over... I might re-evaluate a few things?"

Jaune: "Such as?"

Cinder: "Our relationship, of course~."

Jaune: smiles "... I'm a professional, ma'am. After all... We're in the middle of a deadly operation. No matter how tempted we might be... We have to keep our eyes on the prize."

Cinder: sighs, draws her hand away "True. Pity. I wonder if either of us can ever truly relax with another person?"

Jaune: "That's the price we pay... But... You never know. Maybe one day, we'll find out."

Cinder: smiles "I suppose so. Goodnight, Mister Arc."

Jaune: "Goodnight, Miss Fall."

She leaves. Jaune heads out... And meets Pyrrha on the roof. Pyrrha channels her Semblance again.

Pyrrha: "We're clear... This is kind of exciting! Like a spy movie!"

Jaune: sighs "Yeah..."

Pyrrha: "Jaune?"

Jaune: irritated "Just... Ugh. I hate this spy shit. It's much more fun to watch it than be a part of it."

Pyrrha: "... Jaune? I um... I hope you don't mind but... I was listening in. So was Emerald. Nobody else though."

Jaune: "So... What did you want to talk about?"

Pyrrha: "... Your childhood. What you said... Was it true?"

Jaune: "Nah. I mean... Yeah, I was very sickly and spent a LOT of my childhood in the hospital or my room. But my mom was the one who saved me. Not Salem."

Pyrrha: "I see... I'm sorry."

Jaune: "No! No, it's good. I mean you shouldn't be too paranoid when you're dealing with this stuff but... It's good that you're keeping me honest."

Pyrrha: "One... Other thing."

Jaune: "Sure?"

Pyrrha: "Something that's been bothering me since we met, Jaune. You've acted so strange. Like you're... Older than us. It doesn't match up with what you've told us. You immediately knew so much more about me when we fought in the Initiation than had revealed... And you knew what my Semblance could do. Nobody knows that except for my trainer, my mother, and me. You've had incredible knowledge about people you've never even met before, not just me."

Jaune's Brain: Oh boy...

Jaune: "So... What do you think is going on?"

Pyrrha: "Well... I entertained a few possibilities. I-I do actually like to read scifi, have since I was a little girl... I thought about it. And I guess... I just have to ask..." She stared at him "Are you from the future?"

Jaune's Brain: Ah, right, I forgot she's not just a pretty face with a good sword arm...

Jaune: "... Sort of. I..." sighs "I'm not at liberty to tell you the whole thing. You can probably guess why... But I do have knowledge about the future."

Pyrrha: "... Was it bad?"

Jaune: "Is there another reason people might try to send information back in time to change things? Yeah... It was bad. Very bad."

Pyrrha: "... And what happened to me?"

Jaune: takes a very deep breath "... You died trying to save me... Save us all."

Pyrrha: "... Did Cinder do it?"

Jaune: "... Yeah."

Silence falls. Pyrrha sucked in another breath.

Pyrrha: "Did... Did I ever tell you how I felt?"

Jaune: "..." sighs "Just before you died."

Pyrrha: staring out into the night "... I see..."

Jaune: hugs her "Pyrrha. It's not going to happen this time. I promise."

Pyrrha: "... Is that why you... You've been so open with me? In most things. And well... So caring?"

Jaune: "... Partially. I do genuinely love Yang... You? I care for you too but..." sighs "I guess part of me blamed myself for... For your death."

Pyrrha: "What?!"

Jaune: "If I'd gone with you, Pyr, I-I could have at least been a distraction-I could have done something, anything-!"

Pyrrha: "Jaune! If I did go to fight and I did leave you behind... It wouldn't have been because I was sure I was going to die. It would have been so I wouldn't have worried about you. It wasn't your fault!"

Jaune's Brain: I can't believe that... I just can't...

Jaune: "Yeah well... You promise me if things get bad, you won't send me away."

Pyrrha: "Jaune, I-"

He grabs her shoulders and stares into her eyes.

Jaune: "PROMISE! I will NOT lose you or anyone else ever again. You're not sacrificing yourselves for me. Never. Again. Understand?"

Pyrrha slowly nods.

Pyrrha: "I... I promise."

Jaune: nods "..." sighs "I'm... I'm sorry."

Pyrrha: "... You keep telling me I say that too much. For things that aren't my fault."

Jaune: "Yeah, well... I never claimed to not be a hypocrite."

Pyrrha: "... Can you tell me anything else about the future?"

Jaune: "Only that we need to stop Cinder. So much is... Is different, Pyrrha. If I tell you too much, everything might change. I just... I just ask that you trust me."

Pyrrha: smiles with tears in her eyes "I do... I always will."

Jaune: "Thank you..." sighs "And... Well... Again. Same thing, okay? If I break up with Yang... Give me two weeks and... And we'll try."

Pyrrha: "... The future was incredibly hard on you, wasn't it?"

Jaune: "On all of us... But... Yeah."

Pyrrha hugs him tightly.

Pyrrha: "... We'll find our happy ending. I promise."

Jaune: "..." hugs her back "Yeah... Yeah. We will."

- - -

Well that got fucking serious all of a sudden!

Classes were relatively easy to keep up with, thanks to the fact that RWBY and JNPR were banned from vigilante excursions. So Jaune was able to keep up with his school work. He was also doing a lot better in Combat Class thanks to training with everyone.

Helping out with Cardin and Velvet's wedding was also fun... Mostly. Jaune, Sun, Ren, and Cardin were chilling out at a sports bar.

Cardin: "Thanks for going out to relax, Jauney. It's been rough. Don't get me wrong, I love Velvet but... I need some guy time, ya know?"

Jaune: "No, no, I absolutely get it." sigh "Ren and I needed some time too."

Ren: "Indeed. Though I am very happy with Nora... I find solitude with guys is quite relaxing."

Cardin: nods "Yeah..."

Sun: "Tell me about it! Blake's just been non-stop riding me! If you know what I mean!" winks and grins

Jaune: "... Uh, Sun-"

Sun: "It's not like my friend JAUNE is the actual object of her desires, now is he?! That would be crazy, hahaha... Ha..."

Cardin: "... Are you okay?"

Sun: "I'M FINE!" shakes his head rapidly "I-I just... It's just like one of her doujins, right? Haha! I just have to NTR her away from you!"

Jaune's Brain: You know, I did want more depth for Sun's character but I'm not sure this is what anyone expected...

Jaune: "We're not in a relationship... But if it helps you two get into one, by all means, please."

Sun: "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Cardin: "He means she's crazy, Sun."

Ren: sips tea "Indeed."

Sun: "That's why I love her!" sighs happily

Jaune: looks around at the others "... Okay, maybe we need to find him a better love interest."

Cardin: "Wouldn't that just leave Blake to chase you though?"

Jaune: "One problem at a time!"

Ren: sips his tea "Indeed."

Mercury arrives, grinning in a fake way.

Mercury: "Hey guys! What's up?"

Jaune: "Hey Mercury. How you doin'?"

Mercury: "Just glad to be away from my team for a while. Mint's either doing fingernail painting or she's plotting my death." sits down with them at the table "Probably both."

Jaune: "Yeah. Well, the more the merrier." scowls at the holoscreen "Oh come on! The Lutetia Franks are losing again?!"

Cardin: "Heh. Should have backed a winner, Jaune. Gallia's terrible in all manly sports."

Jaune: "No we're not! We're great at basketball and tennis and sort of okay at soccer-"

Cardin: "I'm not seeing it."

Sun: "Yeah dude, the Franks are a joke team in the Valean League. Even Mistralians know it."

Ren: "The memes are quite devastating."

Jaune: "Ugh... It's not about winning or losing, it's how you play the game and... Okay fine, they suck but they're the home team! I gotta pull for them!"

Mercury: sips his drink "Your loyalty is commendable, I guess."

Jaune: "Yeah well... The Valean Wizards only win because the refs are bribed!"

Cardin: "Are not!"

Jaune: "Are too!"

Nick Arc jumps in with a big, happy grin.

Nick: "HOWDY SON!"

Jaune: "GAH! DAD?!"

Nick hugs Jaune tightly.

Nick: "HAHAHA! How wonderful to see you! You look great! And these are your friends, right?"

Jaune: "R-Right! What are you doing here?"

Isabel Arc walks up, raising an eyebrow.

Isabel: "Well! You went and found our long lost goddaughter so of course we're going to visit our son while we check up on things."

Jaune: "MOM?!"

Sun: eyes wide "... Wow your mom is pretty."

Jaune: "DUDE!"

Sun: "SORRY!"

Introductions are made. Nick happily shakes everyone's hands, while Isabel does the same... She pauses at Mercury.

Isabel: "Hmmm... May I see your legs?"

Mercury: "Eh?!"

Sun: "What the hell-Why not mine?!"

Jaune: "I swear Sun I will punch you-"

Isabel: "Your artificial legs! May I examine them?"

Mercury: "I-How can everyone tell?! I've worked so hard to conceal them-!"

Nick: "Ha! You can't fool one of the world's best doctors!"

Isabel: blush "Aw, thank you Nick! But seriously, may I?"

Mercury scowls but relents, pulling up his pant legs. He thinks Jaune is on their side but still...

Isabel: "Hmmm... Who got these for you?"

Mercury: darkened expression "My dad."

Isabel: "Well he did a terrible job. These are totally inadequate and the surgeon who did the connections was completely incompetent! Hang on..."

She pulls on her fighting gloves and puts in Dust capsules. Her hands light up white and Mercury gulps.

Mercury: "H-Hey, hang on a second-!"

Isabel: "Don't move."

Isabel puts her hands on where metal meets flesh. Mercury yelps... But slowly relaxes as nothing bad happens. Isabel pulls her hands away.

Isabel: "How do they feel?"

Mercury: "I..." He stands up and walks around a few steps "It feels... Great! The pain's practically gone!"

Isabel: nods "I just healed up some of the nerve connections and dulled the pain in a few places. You're going to want better prosthetics though, this is only a temporary fix. You have health insurance through your Academy, right?"

Mercury: "Er, I think so? But isn't it going to be expensive-?"

Isabel: bright smile "I can take pro-bono work from time to time. Especially if it's for one of my son's friends!" Smiles at Jaune.

Jaune: smiles back "Anything to make you be your best, man."

Mercury: "..." frowns and shrugs "Sure. Why not?" He clears his throat and drops his pant legs "Of course, when I kick your team's asses at Vytal, you'll regret it."

Jaune: "Ha! Nah, just making sure you have a fair shot!"

Some more good natured banter ensues. Nick congratulates Cardin on his upcoming wedding. He tells the boys about some of his adventures. Jaune gets pulled away by his mother to talk in private.

Jaune: "Mom... I know you don't like me becoming a Huntsman-"

Isabel: "No. I don't."

Jaune: "But it's my choice. And I'm not changing it. You don't need to hold that return ticket for me: I won't fail."

Isabel: "..." sighs "I don't like it... But if you're dead set on this course, I suppose I can only do my best to support it."

Jaune: "Good..."

Isabel: "And... If it helps? We... Could have phrased that better." sighs "We were not expecting you to fail. You're an Arc, after all."

Jaune: "O-Oh... Then... Why?"

Isabel: "... Because we wanted you to be spared what we had to go through."

Jaune: "Mom, you and Dad are heroes! You liberated a kingdom! You saved so many people-!"

Isabel: "And we paid a terrible price, Jaune. A price we wanted to spare you!" She shook her head slowly, looking very sad "We wanted you to be someone who promotes life, not someone who will have to bring death."

Jaune: "You and dad brought life, Mom! You saved it!"

Isabel: "And we had to take a lot of it, too." She sighed and looked to the side "There's... A lot of things we never wanted to do, but had to, Jaune. I just... We wanted to spare you that. All of that..."

Jaune: "You can't protect me forever, Mom. I'm not a baby anymore." He hugs her "I know... There's a lot of pain coming my way. Just... Just help me to face it. That's all I ask."

Isabel: "..." sniffles, and smiles "We will... Oh..." She cups his cheeks "When did you start growing up? You're so different from how you were before."

Jaune: "Having to keep people I care about safe and alive can age you."

Isabel: "Heh... So it does..."

Jaune: "You still look great, Mom."

Isabel: "Oh stop!" laughs "Well... Your friends seem to think so?"

Jaune: groans "Mom...!"

Isabel: "What? It's nice for a woman to be appreciated by younger men! A little. Makes your father work a little harder!"

Jaune: "MOM!"

Isabel: "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Jaune: sighs "Yeah... So... How long are you guys staying?"

Isabel: "Well... I was going to tell you when we got to Beacon but... Headmaster Ozpin asked us to stay on as part-time teachers!" She beamed "Given all the criminal activity, he thought we'd be great as backup! Isn't that wonderful, Jaune?"

Jaune: "I... Y-Yeah... Sure..."

Jaune's Brain: Oh God... Is this how things went in the original timeline or what?! I don't even know what I did anymore! Crap crap crap crap craaap...!

Isabel: "Besides... I do have to look after my son, don't I?"

Jaune: "We just established that you don't have to-"

Isabel: "At least to see if any girls have caught his eye, hm? And make sure they're good enough for my boy? Ozpin said you had quite a LOT of female attention!"

Jaune's Brain: I'm gonna kill that immortal bastard...!

- - -

Don't you just hate it when OCs take over an original work? I know Jaune sure does...

The Arc Lineage New
There are many stories where the Arcs are descendants of Salem and Ozma. Here's one such idea where they find out... With my fanon.

- - -

Isabel: opens her door, sees Salem standing there "Hello? Can... I help you?"

Salem: tears up, and hugs Isabel tightly "GRANDDAUGHTER!"

Isabel: "Eh?!"

Nick: "Oh, hey Izzy-Who's this?"

Salem: "I am Salem! Your... Your matriarch! Just call me..." sobs "Granny Salem!"

Nick: "Oh." smiles "Okay Granny Salem! Welcome to our home!"

Isabel: trying to struggle out of her grip "NIIIIICK!"

After many explanations...

Isabel: "You're telling me that you, the Queen of the Grimm, are my distant ancestor?!"

Salem: "Yes dear!"

Isabel: "AND YOU UNLEASHED THE GRIMM THAT MURDERED MY PARENTS?!"

Salem: "I didn't know I had any family! That is... That is horrific!" sobs. Nick provides her with a handkerchief which she blows her nose into "Oh, thank you Nick."

Nick: "You're welcome!"

Isabel: "DON'T BE NICE TO HER! SHE'S KILLED BILLIONS!"

Salem: "I know, I know! I regret it all! But now, NOW! I can start anew! Bond with my family-" Isabel punches her in the face so hard she flies through the walls, over the farmlands, and into a boulder the size of a barn which she shatters with her kinetic force

Isabel: "Haa... Haa... Haa...!"

Salem returns with a smile.

Salem: "That was a wonderful hit, dearie! Unfortunately, I can't die."

Isabel: "WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT!"

Salem: happily, holds her hands together "My darling granddaughter is so incredible! A mother, a Huntress, and a doctor! You're so amazing!"

Isabel: blush "Well thank you-" Enraged "FLATTERY WILL NOT SAVE YOU GRIMM QUEEN!"

Salem: "Ooh, that's wonderful bloodlust! Show me what you can do!"

Isabel: "RAHHH-!" Nick holds a hand up "Eh?!"

Nick: "Izzy, you keep telling me I can't fight in the house. Why do you get to do it?"

Isabel: "She's an evil immortal Queen of the Grimm!"

Nick: "Yes, but she's also like your grandma! She's family and she's trying to reconnect with you!"

Isabel: "She killed my family!"

Nick: "She's also family! So you two better sort things outside because, like you said, 'I'm not paying to fix the house!'"

Isabel: scowls "... FINE! We'll have our battle outside!"

Nick: "After lunch! It's bad to fight on an empty stomach!"

Lilac: "I've got sandwiches!"

Isabel: "LILAC?! Where were you?!"

Lilac: "I took cover when you started fighting Miss Salem." Carries out a tray of tea and sandwiches "But I managed to make this during the fight. Would you like some, Miss Salem?"

Salem: "Certainly dear! Aw, you're so beautiful and precious!" beams "You know, I know a few single men who might make good husbands-"

Lilac: "Already engaged, but thank you!"

Salem: "Awww! Is he handsome?"

Lilac: "He's amazingly handsome!"

Isabel: TWITCH

Nick: pat pat "Easy Izzy, easy..."

Isabel: "The immortal queen of the Grimm is my ancestor. She murdered my parents!"

Nick: "Yes, and she's really sorry about that. You can tell!"

Isabel: "I shouldn't be sitting down and talking with her! I should be destroying her! AND YOU SHOULD TOO!"

Salem: "You can both try to destroy me after lunch, is that fair?"

Nick: "Sounds fair to me!"

Isabel: "GRAAAHHHHH!"

After much fighting and combat, as well as destruction around the Arcadia Farmhouse...

Isabel, Salem, Nick, and Lilac sit in the living room and have more tea.

Salem: "So you see, I can't actually die no matter what you do."

Isabel: glaring hatred "Grrrr...!"

Nick: "Wow. I let loose the stuff you told me not to use in the city limits and I still couldn't kill you! You're incredible, Granny Salem!"

Isabel: "DON'T CALL HER THAT!"

Salem: "Dear, calm down, it's not good for your blood pressure."

Isabel: "I CAN CONTROL MY BLOOD PRESSURE!"

Nick: "Easy Izzy, easy. I don't think more violence is gonna solve this."

Isabel: "EH?!"

Nick: "Well, again. we hit her with our best stuff and it didn't even phase her!"

Salem: "It's been centuries since I had to deal with a sword that big! And you handled it so well, Nick!"

Nick: "Aw, thanks Granny!"

Isabel: "GRRRRR...!"

Salem: "And wow Isabel! You suplexed me right into the ground!" claps "That was incredible!"

Isabel: "Stop complimenting me on failing to kill you!"

Salem: "Listen Isabel... For thousands of years, I had nothing but revenge on my husband and life itself. Now... All of a sudden, I have family! Family I have missed! Family I have... I have killed!" sniffles "All this time... I wasn't alone and I didn't know it! I'm such a terrible person! I don't blame you for hating me. I know hate. I know it all too well. But hatred... Hatred seems so petty and useless."

Isabel: "Grrrr...!"

Salem: "So... Please. Allow me to at least try to make up a little for everything I've done? It will not be easy but... But I want to try."

Isabel: "... No."

Salem: "I see. Well, I will still keep trying."

Isabel: "Then I'll keep trying to kill you." sighs and walks to the phone "Ugh... I can't believe I have to call him but... Grrr...!" Makes a call

Lilac: "Who are you calling, Mom?"

Isabel: "Ozpin..." grinds her teeth

Salem: "Oh? You don't like him?"

Isabel: "He kept trying to recruit me for some special project but I kept rejecting him, even when he got really pushy! He recruited Summer Rose, who died and vanished and that entire thing stank! I never trusted him!" glares "At all!"

Salem: "Heh. Well, um... About Summer... She's not dead. But as for Ozpin? I agree. He was always a shifty bastard."

Isabel: "Eh?"

Ozpin: On the holoscreen "Hello? Isabel? Are you there?"

Salem: "Hello darling! We have family! Isn't it wonderful?" glares "Of course you couldn't bother to tell me you petty little ingrate!"

Ozpin: "Petty?! You're the one who launched a war on all life on the planet just because she turned us both immortal!"

Salem: "Oh here we go-!"

Ozpin: "No you listen here you two faced bitch-!"

Salem: "Tiny dicked bastard!"

Ozpin: "That's not what you said in bed!"

Isabel, Nick and Lilac are left to watch this rather surreal scene.

Isabel: "... Wha...?

Nick: "Huh! Looks like we all need a lot of family counseling."

Lilac: "Um... Wine mother?" offers a bottle

Isabel takes the bottle, pops the cork, and downs the entire thing in a few gulps.

Lilac: wince "I'll... Keep them coming."

Last edited:
Jaune SI BS 23: Visits 2 New
Classes were relatively easy to keep up with, thanks to the fact that RWBY and JNPR were banned from vigilante excursions. So Jaune was able to keep up with his school work. He was also doing a lot better in Combat Class thanks to training with everyone.

Helping out with Cardin and Velvet's wedding was also fun... Mostly. Jaune, Sun, Ren, and Cardin were chilling out at a sports bar.

Cardin: "Thanks for going out to relax, Jauney. It's been rough. Don't get me wrong, I love Velvet but... I need some guy time, ya know?"

Jaune: "No, no, I absolutely get it." sigh "Ren and I needed some time too."

Ren: "Indeed. Though I am very happy with Nora... I find solitude with guys is quite relaxing."

Cardin: nods "Yeah..."

Sun: "Tell me about it! Blake's just been non-stop riding me! If you know what I mean!" winks and grins

Jaune: "... Uh, Sun-"

Sun: "It's not like my friend JAUNE is the actual object of her desires, now is he?! That would be crazy, hahaha... Ha..."

Cardin: "... Are you okay?"

Sun: "I'M FINE!" shakes his head rapidly "I-I just... It's just like one of her doujins, right? Haha! I just have to NTR her away from you!"

Jaune's Brain: You know, I did want more depth for Sun's character but I'm not sure this is what anyone expected...

Jaune: "We're not in a relationship... But if it helps you two get into one, by all means, please."

Sun: "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Cardin: "He means she's crazy, Sun."

Ren: sips tea "Indeed."

Sun: "That's why I love her!" sighs happily

Jaune: looks around at the others "... Okay, maybe we need to find him a better love interest."

Cardin: "Wouldn't that just leave Blake to chase you though?"

Jaune: "One problem at a time!"

Ren: sips his tea "Indeed."

Mercury arrives, grinning in a fake way.

Mercury: "Hey guys! What's up?"

Jaune: "Hey Mercury. How you doin'?"

Mercury: "Just glad to be away from my team for a while. Mint's either doing fingernail painting or she's plotting my death." sits down with them at the table "Probably both."

Jaune: "Yeah. Well, the more the merrier." scowls at the holoscreen "Oh come on! The Lutetia Franks are losing again?!"

Cardin: "Heh. Should have backed a winner, Jaune. Gallia's terrible in all manly sports."

Jaune: "No we're not! We're great at basketball and tennis and sort of okay at soccer-"

Cardin: "I'm not seeing it."

Sun: "Yeah dude, the Franks are a joke team in the Valean League. Even Mistralians know it."

Ren: "The memes are quite devastating."

Jaune: "Ugh... It's not about winning or losing, it's how you play the game and... Okay fine, they suck but they're the home team! I gotta pull for them!"

Mercury: sips his drink "Your loyalty is commendable, I guess."

Jaune: "Yeah well... The Valean Wizards only win because the refs are bribed!"

Cardin: "Are not!"

Jaune: "Are too!"

Nick Arc jumps in with a big, happy grin.

Nick: "HOWDY SON!"

Jaune: "GAH! DAD?!"

Nick hugs Jaune tightly.

Nick: "HAHAHA! How wonderful to see you! You look great! And these are your friends, right?"

Jaune: "R-Right! What are you doing here?"

Isabel Arc walks up, raising an eyebrow.

Isabel: "Well! You went and found our long lost goddaughter so of course we're going to visit our son while we check up on things."

Jaune: "MOM?!"

Sun: eyes wide "... Wow your mom is pretty."

Jaune: "DUDE!"

Sun: "SORRY!"

Introductions are made. Nick happily shakes everyone's hands, while Isabel does the same... She pauses at Mercury.

Isabel: "Hmmm... May I see your legs?"

Mercury: "Eh?!"

Sun: "What the hell-Why not mine?!"

Jaune: "I swear Sun I will punch you-"

Isabel: "Your artificial legs! May I examine them?"

Mercury: "I-How can everyone tell?! I've worked so hard to conceal them-!"

Nick: "Ha! You can't fool one of the world's best doctors!"

Isabel: blush "Aw, thank you Nick! But seriously, may I?"

Mercury scowls but relents, pulling up his pant legs. He thinks Jaune is on their side but still...

Isabel: "Hmmm... Who got these for you?"

Mercury: darkened expression "My dad."

Isabel: "Well he did a terrible job. These are totally inadequate and the surgeon who did the connections was completely incompetent! Hang on..."

She pulls on her fighting gloves and puts in Dust capsules. Her hands light up white and Mercury gulps.

Mercury: "H-Hey, hang on a second-!"

Isabel: "Don't move."

Isabel puts her hands on where metal meets flesh. Mercury yelps... But slowly relaxes as nothing bad happens. Isabel pulls her hands away.

Isabel: "How do they feel?"

Mercury: "I..." He stands up and walks around a few steps "It feels... Great! The pain's practically gone!"

Isabel: nods "I just healed up some of the nerve connections and dulled the pain in a few places. You're going to want better prosthetics though, this is only a temporary fix. You have health insurance through your Academy, right?"

Mercury: "Er, I think so? But isn't it going to be expensive-?"

Isabel: bright smile "I can take pro-bono work from time to time. Especially if it's for one of my son's friends!" Smiles at Jaune.

Jaune: smiles back "Anything to make you be your best, man."

Mercury: "..." frowns and shrugs "Sure. Why not?" He clears his throat and drops his pant legs "Of course, when I kick your team's asses at Vytal, you'll regret it."

Jaune: "Ha! Nah, just making sure you have a fair shot!"

Some more good natured banter ensues. Nick congratulates Cardin on his upcoming wedding. He tells the boys about some of his adventures. Jaune gets pulled away by his mother to talk in private.

Jaune: "Mom... I know you don't like me becoming a Huntsman-"

Isabel: "No. I don't."

Jaune: "But it's my choice. And I'm not changing it. You don't need to hold that return ticket for me: I won't fail."

Isabel: "..." sighs "I don't like it... But if you're dead set on this course, I suppose I can only do my best to support it."

Jaune: "Good..."

Isabel: "And... If it helps? We... Could have phrased that better." sighs "We were not expecting you to fail. You're an Arc, after all."

Jaune: "O-Oh... Then... Why?"

Isabel: "... Because we wanted you to be spared what we had to go through."

Jaune: "Mom, you and Dad are heroes! You liberated a kingdom! You saved so many people-!"

Isabel: "And we paid a terrible price, Jaune. A price we wanted to spare you!" She shook her head slowly, looking very sad "We wanted you to be someone who promotes life, not someone who will have to bring death."

Jaune: "You and dad brought life, Mom! You saved it!"

Isabel: "And we had to take a lot of it, too." She sighed and looked to the side "There's... A lot of things we never wanted to do, but had to, Jaune. I just... We wanted to spare you that. All of that..."

Jaune: "You can't protect me forever, Mom. I'm not a baby anymore." He hugs her "I know... There's a lot of pain coming my way. Just... Just help me to face it. That's all I ask."

Isabel: "..." sniffles, and smiles "We will... Oh..." She cups his cheeks "When did you start growing up? You're so different from how you were before."

Jaune: "Having to keep people I care about safe and alive can age you."

Isabel: "Heh... So it does..."

Jaune: "You still look great, Mom."

Isabel: "Oh stop!" laughs "Well... Your friends seem to think so?"

Jaune: groans "Mom...!"

Isabel: "What? It's nice for a woman to be appreciated by younger men! A little. Makes your father work a little harder!"

Jaune: "MOM!"

Isabel: "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

Jaune: sighs "Yeah... So... How long are you guys staying?"

Isabel: "Well... I was going to tell you when we got to Beacon but... Headmaster Ozpin asked us to stay on as part-time teachers!" She beamed "Given all the criminal activity, he thought we'd be great as backup! Isn't that wonderful, Jaune?"

Jaune: "I... Y-Yeah... Sure..."

Jaune's Brain: Oh God... Is this how things went in the original timeline that wasn't the show or what?! I don't even know what I did anymore! Crap crap crap crap craaap...!

Isabel: "Besides... I do have to look after my son, don't I?"

Jaune: "We just established that you don't have to-"

Isabel: "At least to see if any girls have caught his eye, hm? And make sure they're good enough for my boy? Ozpin said you had quite a LOT of female attention!"

Jaune's Brain: I'm gonna kill that immortal bastard...!

- - -

Don't you just hate it when OCs take over an original work? I know Jaune sure does...

Yang was out doing some shopping in Vale. She looked over a cute top in a nice store... When she felt a familiar presence. She lowered the top and saw Pyrrha standing across the clothing bin from her.

Pyrrha: "H-Hello."

Yang: "Hey P-Money."

Pyrrha: "Can... We talk?"

Yang was wary, but Pyrrha looked very sincere. So after she checked out, she went with Pyrrha to the mall food court. They sat down and had some food. On Pyrrha, which was nice of her.

Pyrrha: deep breath "I just... I want you to know? I'm not going to steal Jaune away from you."

Yang: "I... I mean, that's good to hear..." Eyes narrow

Pyrrha: "And you shouldn't doubt him. He had many opportunities to cheat. And... And I'll admit, part of me wanted to take those opportunities. But he never did. He never will."

Yang: "I don't doubt him."

Pyrrha: flush "Which is... Which is what I would like to try and change. I haven't had a lot of friends in my life. I-I want... I want to change that. Even if I have feelings for Jaune... If we're friends, close friends... It will make it so you can trust me not to do anything to jeopardize your relationship. Besides... I want to stay friends with Jaune. I can't do that if I... If I'm making you afraid you'll lose him."

Yang: "I..." sighs, grumbles "It's not... Just you, ya know?"

Pyrrha: nods "I know. But I want to at least... At least clear things between us. I do love Jaune, but he loves you. And he doesn't want you to be hurt. It would hurt him. So... If it's all right... I-I want to be your friend."

Yang is silent for a while. She then holds out a hand to Pyrrha. The Amazon takes it with a small smile. Yang manages to smile back.

Yang: "... I'd... I'd like that."

Pyrrha: "Thank you. Besides... Um... Things are getting complicated."

Yang: "What do you mean?"

Pyrrha: "It's something Jaune has to tell you himself. I won't betray his secrets."

Yang: eyes narrow "What secrets?"

Pyrrha: "Nothing bad! I-I mean... Nothing that you're afraid of. I promise, Yang."

Yang: sighs "..." nods "All right. Still... Must be big for you to make the first step like this. Usually you just go along with whatever anyone else wants."

Pyrrha: smiles softly "Part of the reason I'm doing this is because Jaune... Jaune taught me I needed to be more honest. With myself, and others. It's... It's part of why I do love him. And want him to be happy... Even if I'm not the one doing it."

Yang: frowns, feels a bit bad "P-Money, I... I mean, I didn't mean to steal him from you-"

Pyrrha: "I know. I know..." sighs "Just... Treat him right, please. If you don't? I'll be there for him. If you do? I... I'll be happy. For you both. Or... Or at least I'll try..."

Yang sighs again. She squeezes Pyrrha's hand.

Yang: "I will... Also, damnit. Do you have to make me feel bad about having him?"

Pyrrha: blush "Sorry..."

Yang: "Still... Thanks for coming out with it and being honest. Blake is, well..."

Pyrrha: small smile "I think she thinks we could all work out as one big relationship... Judging from her reading material."

Yang: bright red "You're... Familiar with it too, huh? And come on... Only crazy people would think that could work!"

Pyrrha: "Well... We don't seem to be the sanest, do we?"

Yang: stares "... What?"

Pyrrha: "I'm just saying... Um... If it made Jaune happy? If it made you happy?" blush, smile "I-I know it's a fantasy but... Given how lonely I've been my whole life... I-I can... See the appeal."

Yang: bright red "G-Geez, P-Money... I guess it is the quiet ones..."

Pyrrha: "N-Not that I'm saying we do that! He wouldn't unless you agreed! And um, it would be... Complicated..."

Yang: sigh "I can't believe we're even talking about this..."

Pyrrha: smiles and shrugs "Better than fighting over it? I don't like hurting my friends."

Yang: glares "What makes you think I wouldn't be doing the hurting, P-Money?"

Pyrrha: smile becomes a bit dangerous "I believe our combat class record speaks for itself, Yang."

Yang: dangerous grin "Oh? What about outside the class, hm?"

Pyrrha: "I-" She pauses as she sees Jaune "Jaune!"

Yang: "Jaune!"

Jaune smiles and waves. He walks up to them, carrying some bags from some stores.

Jaune: "Hey!" He kisses Yang deeply, which she really gets into "Mmm... What's up?"

Pyrrha: "We're just having lunch. What are you up to?"

Jaune: "Oh, doing some shopping for the wedding. I got my tux fitted already so I'm getting some stuff for Cardin. And trying to dodge-"

Nick: "JAUNE!"

Jaune: twitch "My parents..."

Nick and Isabel walk up. Nick smiles brightly as Isabel smiles politely.

Jaune: "Dad, Mom, this is Yang Xiao-Long, my girlfriend, and Pyrrha Nikos, my partner. Yang, Pyrrha? These are my parents, Nick and Isabel Arc."

Yang: "O-Oh! Um, hello! It's nice to meet you!" She's a bit shy all of a sudden

Pyrrha: "Y-Yes, hello! A pleasure to meet you both!"

Nick: "Wow... You're dating them both?"

Jaune: "Wha-No! Pyrrha's my friend and partner but Yang is-"

Nick: "HAHAHA! No need to be shy, son! Good on you!" He hugs them both "Welcome to the family! The more the merrier!"

Yang: "Ah? No, wait-"

Pyrrha: "R-Really, we're just friends-!"

Nick: "Now now, you can't fool me!"

Jaune: "DAD!"

Isabel: chuckles "Hello! It's nice to meet you two. And relax, Jaune, your great-grandfather did the same."

Jaune: "But I didn't! I don't-!"

Isabel: "Oh I'm just teasing, sweetie!"

Nick: "I wasn't!"

Pyrrha and the Myrmidons New
This is by Sift Green over on Spacebattles. I wanted to crosspost it because it is just that cool an idea:

This is defiantly a good psychological horror idea that would be worth exploring. Through I will say I don't think Atlas should have a monopoly on morally dubious science or manmade horrors beyond the average bloke's comprehension: Doctor Merlot was from Vale after all and the four major kingdom's are on a rough technological parity even if Atlas is supposed to be on the cutting edge with everyone else trailing behind.

So I'd think this idea would work better as Mistral based shenanigans, perhaps from a plot primarily centered in Argus and the wider Hellenic League that's been headcanoned around it. I mean Pyrrha's supposed to be an allusion to Achilles, and who did Achilles lead in the Trojan War? The Myrmidons, a race of warriors who were noted for their insane degree of loyalty, ferocity and hardiness that they all owed to their unnatural origins as Zeus created them by transforming ants into people.

So why does this army of Nikoses exist? Well you've portrayed Mistral as being the Kingdom who's central government has the most internal strife and strained relationships with the various sub-kingdoms it rules over, to the point that Lionheart's able to pull strings behind the scenes and start a massive civil war between all the different sub-factions in Mistral once world wide communications break down after Cinder's big attack on Beacon.

With that in mind perhaps Argus and the Hellenic League have been building a secret 'clone' army in preparation for the civil war that may or may not break out within the next decade or so. They take the most promising member of the bunch and put her out into the public to gather fame and the love of the people, to become a champion that the common man would be willing to rally behind if war does indeed break out.

And if the war does start and the situation looks dire? Behold! A Miracle! The Hellenic Gods have graced their people with an army that share the blood of The Champion! Pyrrha Nikos and her Myrmidons will surely lead Argus and the League to victory over their foes! At the bare minimum the League shall gain its' independence from the central government of Mistral...

...But seeing how popular Pyrrha is across the Kingdom perhaps Argus and the League could "liberate" more lands from the evils of Mistral's government. After all the People's Champion herself is coming to save them from the horrors of war and the gathering Grimm! Surly the people can unite under her banner and discard the old and corrupt system that lead to the horrors of war in the first place!

Basically it's a scheme to create an artificial martial messiah in preparation for a possible civil war complete with a holy army the martial messiah will lead. The conspirators are going with this set up partially to play off the beliefs of their people for propaganda purposes, and if they can successfully play off the reveal of their surprise army as divine intervention then they can act like they weren't warmongers contributing to the creation of the conflict. You would of course also have conspirators believing they are acting as instruments of their Gods' wills by creating the God's Champion and the Myrmidon Army that Champion will lead.

(Why an all female army of The Ultimate Huntress Pyrrha's genetic sisters? The conspirators are looking at not just winning the potential civil war but what happens after when the army they're making has won the day and needs to stands down. They can't just get rid of them so they need to make a place for a significant chunk of them in the civilian world, but they're making millions of them so trying to integrate them into civilian life will be stressful. They figured having a massive surplus of fighting age females would be less destabilizing in the long term than having a massive surplus of fighting aged males.)

Now the conspirators are putting Pyrrha Nikos out into the world so she can gain fame and the love of the people. They want her to become a symbol the common man can believe in and it's best to let that process happen as organically as possible. They give her artificial memories because they want her to genuinely believe her role as Argus' Champion is the hand of destiny in play leaving no room for doubts that the events placing her at the head of Argus' armies are the mere machinations of mortal men.

So now why would Pyrrha catch wind of her doppelgängers before ultimately running into one? Well the simulators in the facilities creating the Myrmidons are top notch, but even the best simulations can't fully substitute real field experience. Thinking they can get away with the risk so long as they keep the Myrmidons far away from Pyrrha the conspirators send their best out into the world to test their abilities in real combat scenarios. Some of these Myrmidons prove to be so successful that they are sent on more and more missions and become crucial for advancing the more shadowy parts of the Hellenic League's agenda.

Eventually a mission in the City of Vale comes up that requires the skills of one of these Myrmidon teams. It's risky, but Team JNPR's scheduled missions are accessible by Pyrrha's handler so the Myrmidons should be able to avoid them and get things- Oops Team JNPR's doing off the books missions.

Pyrrha freaks out because she's face to face with a group of doppelgängers. The Myrmidons freak out because they've exposed themselves to the war goddess they are meant to serve before they're supposed to, potently jeopardizing the divine plan. A highly confusing exchange follows that leads to more questions than answers.

You could do all kinds of things with this setup. Pyrrha going through a psychological horror themed mystery that ends with her she learning she's the deluxe model of a mass produced product already numbering in the millions would be quite the mental blow. Even in the best case scenario she's going to have a lot of identity issues and self doubt.

It would probably do her a lot of good if at the end of everything she has people who can pick her out from a crowd of Myrmidons, so she knows she's not a replaceable toy soldier. Jaune, Ren and Nora plus most of the girls in RWBY are a good start, but I'm also picturing Arslan as being one of the people who can distinguish her from the rest of the Myrmidons.

I basically have this scenario in my head where Arslan forces a fight with Pyrrha shortly after her team transfers to Beacon for the Vytal Tournament, and then after the clash Arslan gets up of the ground with a relived "Thank the Breaker you're the real one." Then she reveals how her team ran into a doppelgänger of Pyrrha while on a mission and how Arslan knew this doppelgänger was a fake because she didn't fight like the real Pyrrha. Sure the doppelgänger was trained in the same fighting style as Pyrrha but there were enough subtle differences that Arslan could tell the doppelgänger wasn't the real deal...

...especially since Arslan managed to force the doppelgänger to retreat. And so Arslan forced the fight with Pyrrha to make sure she hadn't been replaced with a body double at some point. Team ABRN then joins Team JNPR and Team RWBY in the doppelgänger investigation.

So yeah this is a great idea to explore at some point.

Jaune SI BS 24: Visits 3 New
Yang was out doing some shopping in Vale. She looked over a cute top in a nice store... When she felt a familiar presence. She lowered the top and saw Pyrrha standing across the clothing bin from her.

Pyrrha: "H-Hello."

Yang: "Hey P-Money."

Pyrrha: "Can... We talk?"

Yang was wary, but Pyrrha looked very sincere. So after she checked out, she went with Pyrrha to the mall food court. They sat down and had some food. On Pyrrha, which was nice of her.

Pyrrha: deep breath "I just... I want you to know? I'm not going to steal Jaune away from you."

Yang: "I... I mean, that's good to hear..." Eyes narrow

Pyrrha: "And you shouldn't doubt him. He had many opportunities to cheat. And... And I'll admit, part of me wanted to take those opportunities. But he never did. He never will."

Yang: "I don't doubt him."

Pyrrha: flush "Which is... Which is what I would like to try and change. I haven't had a lot of friends in my life. I-I want... I want to change that. Even if I have feelings for Jaune... If we're friends, close friends... It will make it so you can trust me not to do anything to jeopardize your relationship. Besides... I want to stay friends with Jaune. I can't do that if I... If I'm making you afraid you'll lose him."

Yang: "I..." sighs, grumbles "It's not... Just you, ya know?"

Pyrrha: nods "I know. But I want to at least... At least clear things between us. I do love Jaune, but he loves you. And he doesn't want you to be hurt. It would hurt him. So... If it's all right... I-I want to be your friend."

Yang is silent for a while. She then holds out a hand to Pyrrha. The Amazon takes it with a small smile. Yang manages to smile back.

Yang: "... I'd... I'd like that."

Pyrrha: "Thank you. Besides... Um... Things are getting complicated."

Yang: "What do you mean?"

Pyrrha: "It's something Jaune has to tell you himself. I won't betray his secrets."

Yang: eyes narrow "What secrets?"

Pyrrha: "Nothing bad! I-I mean... Nothing that you're afraid of. I promise, Yang."

Yang: sighs "..." nods "All right. Still... Must be big for you to make the first step like this. Usually you just go along with whatever anyone else wants."

Pyrrha: smiles softly "Part of the reason I'm doing this is because Jaune... Jaune taught me I needed to be more honest. With myself, and others. It's... It's part of why I do love him. And want him to be happy... Even if I'm not the one doing it."

Yang: frowns, feels a bit bad "P-Money, I... I mean, I didn't mean to steal him from you-"

Pyrrha: "I know. I know..." sighs "Just... Treat him right, please. If you don't? I'll be there for him. If you do? I... I'll be happy. For you both. Or... Or at least I'll try..."

Yang sighs again. She squeezes Pyrrha's hand.

Yang: "I will... Also, damnit. Do you have to make me feel bad about having him?"

Pyrrha: blush "Sorry..."

Yang: "Still... Thanks for coming out with it and being honest. Blake is, well..."

Pyrrha: small smile "I think she thinks we could all work out as one big relationship... Judging from her reading material."

Yang: bright red "You're... Familiar with it too, huh? And come on... Only crazy people would think that could work!"

Pyrrha: "Well... We don't seem to be the sanest, do we?"

Yang: stares "... What?"

Pyrrha: "I'm just saying... Um... If it made Jaune happy? If it made you happy?" blush, smile "I-I know it's a fantasy but... Given how lonely I've been my whole life... I-I can... See the appeal."

Yang: bright red "G-Geez, P-Money... I guess it is the quiet ones..."

Pyrrha: "N-Not that I'm saying we do that! He wouldn't unless you agreed! And um, it would be... Complicated..."

Yang: sigh "I can't believe we're even talking about this..."

Pyrrha: smiles and shrugs "Better than fighting over it? I don't like hurting my friends."

Yang: glares "What makes you think I wouldn't be doing the hurting, P-Money?"

Pyrrha: smile becomes a bit dangerous "I believe our combat class record speaks for itself, Yang."

Yang: dangerous grin "Oh? What about outside the class, hm?"

Pyrrha: "I-" She pauses as she sees Jaune "Jaune!"

Yang: "Jaune!"

Jaune smiles and waves. He walks up to them, carrying some bags from some stores.

Jaune: "Hey!" He kisses Yang deeply, which she really gets into "Mmm... What's up?"

Pyrrha: "We're just having lunch. What are you up to?"

Jaune: "Oh, doing some shopping for the wedding. I got my tux fitted already so I'm getting some stuff for Cardin. And trying to dodge-"

Nick: "JAUNE!"

Jaune: twitch "My parents..."

Nick and Isabel walk up. Nick smiles brightly as Isabel smiles politely.

Jaune: "Dad, Mom, this is Yang Xiao-Long, my girlfriend, and Pyrrha Nikos, my partner. Yang, Pyrrha? These are my parents, Nick and Isabel Arc."

Yang: "O-Oh! Um, hello! It's nice to meet you!" She's a bit shy all of a sudden

Pyrrha: "Y-Yes, hello! A pleasure to meet you both!"

Nick: "Wow... You're dating them both?"

Jaune: "Wha-No! Pyrrha's my friend and partner but Yang is-"

Nick: "HAHAHA! No need to be shy, son! Good on you!" He hugs them both "Welcome to the family! The more the merrier!"

Yang: "Ah? No, wait-"

Pyrrha: "R-Really, we're just friends-!"

Nick: "Now now, you can't fool me!"

Isabel: chuckles "Hello! It's nice to meet you two. And relax, Jaune, your great-grandfather did the same."

Jaune: "But I didn't! I don't-!"

Isabel: "Oh I'm just teasing, sweetie!"

Nick: "I wasn't!"

Weiss was having some tea with Ruby, Blake, and Nora in an effort to be "less of a meanie". So far, it seemed to be working. Ruby was kept at bay with a multitude of cookies. Nora was stuffing her face with pastries. And even Blake was well behaved... For once.

Weiss: "So... As much as I enjoy a good soap opera, I am slightly concerned for Velvet. Is she really happy marrying that brute?"

Blake: "I thought that too at first, actually. Rabbit Faunus are easily bullied. That's why Feline Faunus rule."

Weiss: "You do realize how racist you sound, right?"

Blake: wince "Sorry. Old habits die hard."

Ruby: "I think it's great! Cardin was a jerk but now he's a good guy! Well, sort of. He's still grouchy a lot of the time and macho."

Blake: "I do... I do like the potentially tragic nature of the romance. It's like that old Albion play: 'Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Venona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean...'"

Weiss: "I'm hoping it ends better for them than it did for Jomeo and Ruliet."

Blake: "Oh, of course! Just that it's rather romantic..." Starry eyed "A big, strong human, defying all societal rules, falling in love with a Faunus girl-Even if she is a Rabbit Faunus-Defying their social status..."

Nora: "Weiss, why is this called a 'Danish'? I don't feel like going viking any more than I usually do!"

Weiss: deadpan "Good question Nora. I shall have to ask Klein about it."

The door to the common room opens. Jaune enters, along with Ren, Yang, Pyrrha... And Jaune's parents.

Jaune: "Hey guys, we're back."

Ruby: brightly "Hi Jaune!"

Nora: "Jaune-Jaune! You brought... Older people?"

Jaune: "These are my parents, they're going to be teaching at Beacon for a while."

Weiss blushes.

Weiss: Oh my... I suppose that's a very nice future for Jaune to look forward to...

She sees Blake blushing as well, and scowls.

Weiss: Oh of course she'd think something like that too!

Weiss rises... And glares at everyone else to do the same. They do so. Weiss curtsies.

Weiss: "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Arc. I am Weiss Schnee."

Ruby: "Ruby Rose!"

Nora: "Nora Valkyrie!"

Blake: "Blake Belladonna."

Isabel: "It's a pleasure to meet you all, truly." smiles and shakes everyone's hands "Also, brace yourselves."

Weiss: "Why?"

Nick then begins to hug them.

Nick: "HAHAHA! Nice to meet you too!"

Weiss: "Eep! Oh my!"

Weiss: Hugs? Oh wow... Hugs are amazing! Especially from a strong, strapping older man-STOP THAT!

Ruby: "YAY HUGS!"

Nora: "WOO!"

Blake: bares with it stoically

Weiss: "So, er, what will you be teaching?"

Isabel: "We'll be taking turns giving Glynda a break from Combat Class, with some Survival and First Aid classes."

Nick: "Yeah! It's been a while since we got to cut loose!"

Ruby: "Woah! Is that a railgun sword?!"

Nick: "Sure is!"

Ruby: "SO COOL! Can I examine it?"

Nick: "Certainly! But you have to marry my son!"

Ruby: "SURE!"

Jaune: "RUBY!"

Nick: "HAHA! Just kidding!"

Blake: "Indeed. After all, I'm Jaune's fiance."

Jaune: "BLAKE!"

Yang: "SERIOUSLY?!"

Jaune: "She's joking, Mom and Dad!"

Nick: "I dunno, I keep hearing a lot of joking about that and she doesn't seem the type."

Blake: blush "Ah, s-sorry. When we met my parents I um, I panicked. We... We're just friends."

Jaune's Brain: Oh thank God, she can learn...

Blake: small smile at Jaune and Yang "For now."

Yang: grinds her teeth "Blaaaake...!"

Jaune's Brain: She hasn't learned anything!

Later... Jaune is trying to relax on his own in the library. Just reading some comics.

Jaune's Brain: Wow... Shield Saint is awesome! It's like Shield Hero but with a little more editing to really make it work. And Bitch is even more horrible! I didn't think that was possible...

Blake walks up and sits down next to him.

Blake: "Hello Jaune. Um... Sorry about that with your parents."

Jaune: sighs "I'm beginning to expect it from you."

Blake: "Well... You shouldn't. I'm... I'm working on getting better."

Jaune: "I know... Thank you. I appreciate that. Sorry if I haven't been keeping my promise to help you-"

Blake: "No, no, we've been busy! It's understandable. I just... I know you probably think it's me panicking and all that. Or... Or my books."

Jaune: "I don't think it's just that, Blake." sighs "But again... I love Yang. Okay? Besides, Sun's a better choice for you-"

Blake: "Why? Because he's a Faunus?"

Jaune: "No, because he's relentlessly cheerful and sunny. You need that optimism in your life to get better."

Blake: "He also... Has this idealized form of me in his head. He doesn't call me out on my problems, just says I'll get better. Or that I shouldn't think of them as problems but opportunities to get better. He always brings up all my good points but never gives me pushback on my bad." She looks at Jaune "Adam... Adam did the same thing, just differently. Like neither of them could be entirely honest with me. You though? You actually tell me the truth, even if it hurts."

Jaune's Brain: I'm literally just pointing out all the flaws the viewers noticed... Not that I can tell her that...

Jaune: "Yeah. I mean... If people told me I was fine where I was as a person, I'd get killed. Or get other people killed. I'm direct and honest because I don't want that to happen to you, Blake."

Blake: nods "That's... That's why I am honestly attracted to you, Jaune. It's not-not a fetish..." blush "Entirely... I-I mean I did fantasize about a strong, kind human being my master... A lot... Read several books... Wrote some fanfiction-"

Jaune: "I get it, Blake, I get it. But: One, I don't feel that way about you. Two? I love Yang."

Blake: "... I wouldn't like you as much if you did give in."

Jaune: "So... Will you please stop?"

Blake smiles and leans in to kiss his cheek.

Blake: "No... I'll just take a different approach."

Jaune: "I-No, no, Blake, come on. Sun just needs to grow up-"

Blake: "But I've already seen what you'll grow up into, Jaune. And I think that's worth a lot of hard work... And sharing."

Jaune's Brain: Oh goddamnit I am a shitty NTR harem protagonist!

She rises and heads off... Just as Yang storms in.

Yang: "Blake, I swear I-"

Blake hugs her.

Blake: "Sorry about that. Honest. I'm working on it. And some other things. So... Please be patient."

Yang: blinks "I... Okay...?"

Blake kisses her cheek and, with a smile at Jaune, turns and heads off.

Yang: blush "... Wha...?"

Jaune's Brain: Ohhh Goddamnit... No, no... Yang is not thinking... She is not thinking about a harem, she is not, she is NOT. Blake's just messing with us because she's a damn cat. That's all... However... I do have a duty as a boyfriend to attend to...

Jaune gets up, takes Yang's hand, and pulls her into a deep kiss.

Yang: "Mmmm...?" They break "Mwah... Haa... Did Blake kissing me make you-?"

Jaune: "I'd be lying if I said 'no', but it's mostly because I get you now. I'm making sure you know who's woman you really are."

Yang: grins "Maybe you should remind me thoroughly~..."

Mombi: "Excuse me? None of that in the library!"

Jaune and Yang: "Sorry!"

The Arc Clan: Uncle Peter New
Jaune Arc did not regret his decision to become a Huntsman. Nor did he regret his decision to train as hard as he could.

That said, he was regretting that he hadn't trained harder in the past as Yang knocked him down onto the gym training mat again. The blonde bombshell stood over him with a smile as she panted for breath.

"Hey! Good work!" She complimented him, rubbing a red mark on her cheek that was fading away, "You actually got a hit in on me!"

"Nngh..." He found it in himself to smile. He then pushed himself up to his knees, then back onto his feet. He got his fists back up.

"O-Okay... Ready," he managed. Yang winced.

"Hey Stud, maybe you should take a breather, huh?"

"I... I can do this all day," Jaune insisted. Yang chuckled, before she grabbed his forearm and guided him over to the benches along the wall. Numerous other students were training nearby, on weights, treadmills, and various other equipment.

"I know, but let's take a breather, huh?" She said. "You can save that shonen determinator stuff for a real fight."

Jaune flushed. Yang sat down next to him, and picked up their water bottles. She handed his to Jaune, and he took it gratefully. They sipped their water in silence for a few moments, just getting their breath back.

"Sorry," Jaune mumbled. "I just feel like I'm not getting good enough fast enough, ya know?"

Yang rolled her eyes.

"Geez... Who are you comparing yourself to? Hyperman? You're doing fine, Jaune. Hell, you're doing ludicrously well given how you were literally an untrained civilian a few months ago."

Jaune smiled widely at her.

"Really? Y-You mean that?"

"Yeah," Yang said with a nod, "Seriously. Don't be so hard on yourself. Sure, you're not top of the class but..." She grinned, "I'm definitely not wasting my time."

Jaune smiled back. It did a few things to Yang's heart that she pointed ignored.

Come on... He's all over Weisscream... Ruby's got a crush, and Pyrrha... Yeah, come on, she thought to herself, Don't even think about it...

"Well! Good to see you're keeping up on gym day," a deadpan voice drawled. Jaune started and looked up, as did Yang. A middle aged but fit man with curly brown hair, green eyes, and a long face grinned at them. He wore a brown suit with matching trousers and a green button-up shirt.

Jaune's eyes widened and he grinned.

"Uncle Peter?!"

"I'd hug ya, but I think I'll wait til after your shower," he said. He glanced at Yang and raised an eyebrow. "Your girlfriend?"

"J-Just my friend," Jaune said quickly, "This is Yang Xiao-Long. Yang? This is my Uncle Peter."

Yang tolerated the man giving her the once over. It was only natural given she was hot and in her gym clothes. He extended his hand with his eyes on hers though, so she didn't give into temptation to punch him.

"Charmed," Peter said with a nod and a wink.

"What brings you to Vale?" Jaune asked curiously. "The Vytal Festival?"

Peter shrugged, a wry smile on his face.

"It's work related. An old summer camp needs some special care."

"Really?" Jaune asked, looking interested. Peter nodded.

"Yeah. Actually... I think you and your friend would be perfect for the gig. You want in? I can cut you guys in for a fairly decent contractor's fee."

"What kind of job is it?" Yang asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Extermination," Peter stated. Yang blinked.

"Grimm?"

Peter grinned.

"Even worse. Thing is... The nature of the job means we gotta keep things quiet until the big reveal. We think the thing operates based on emotions."

Yang glanced at Jaune.

"What kind of extermination is this?" She asked.

"It's specialized," Jaune said, "Most people don't uh... Don't believe it, but it's the real deal."

Yang hummed.

"And you need me?"

"Trust me, you are perfect for it," Peter said with a grin. "Just requires a bit of acting."

Yang's eyes narrowed.

"It's not porn," Jaune said quickly.

Peter threw his hands up.

"Why does everyone make that assumption?!"

- - -

Despite Yang's reluctance... The money was good and hey: She did trust Jaune.

Going to an abandoned summer camp where Jaune's uncle's associates set up strange equipment around the dock at the lake was weird, but not too out of her comfort zone. Ray, Egon, and Winston were all nice-Though Egon definitely came off as very weird.

The only hitch was the actual job.

"Okay, you told me this wasn't porn," Yang stated flatly, standing in a string bikini on the dock.

"It isn't!" Peter insisted. "It isn't! Really! Jaune's mom would kick my ass if I even thought of putting him into it!"

"Okay, so what is all this?" Yang demanded. She pointed at a towel and picnic basket sitting on the dock as the sun slowly began to set, "What kind of thing are we trying to lure out?"

"We can't tell you all the details because it tracks based on emotion," Ray pointed out, making some adjustments at a computer terminal, "So your reactions need to be genuine."

"But trust us, if we pull this off, we'll be making the world a MUCH better place," Winston added, the dark skinned man checking on a thrower device hooked up via a tube to a heavy looking backpack. They were called "proton packs", and each man carried one.

"The murder and disappearance rate around this area for the last twenty years has been abnormally high, and the PKE readings are off the charts," Egon muttered, typing on a laptop, "Hmmm... The pattern suggests focused and semi-corporeal... A revenant?"

"That would fit with our theory," Ray added. The chubby man smiled warmly at Yang, "Trust us, this is gonna be great! You'll be totally safe!"

"I think I could handle whatever this thing is with my fists," Yang deadpanned. Egon shook his head.

"Unfortunately due to its nature as partially organic, Aura is ineffectual against it," he said. "Given how many Hunters-in-Training teams it's taken down."

"Immune to Aura?!" Yang squeaked. "And so, what, I'm out here as bait?!"

"It only attacks when there are teenagers involved in specific activities around," Peter said, "But don't worry. We'll take it down."

Yang glared harder. Peter sighed.

"Fine. Triple what we promised?"

"... Fine," Yang groaned. "What's one more stupid decision in my life?"

"That's the spirit!" Peter cheered. "HEY JAUNE! YOU READY?"

Jaune emerged from the dressing rooms near the lake... Walking stiffly in a Speedo. His face was bright red.

"Is this necessary?" He demanded. Peter's lips twitched.

"Totally! It's in the literature," he said.

Yang stared intently, her cheeks bright red.

Oh... Oh wow... Okay... I see the training's been paying off...

Jaune locked eyes on her... And blushed brightly as well. He coughed and held his towel in front of his lower half.

"Uh... H-Hey Yang... You look... N-Nice," he managed.

"Y-You too, VB," Yang stuttered.

"Perfect! Awkward teenaged chemistry!" Ray grinned. "How are their pheromone levels, Egon?"

Egon held up another scanner, his blonde eyebrow raised.

"Quite high overall, but closer contact will help."

"In that case," Peter said, as the sun set behind the mountains, "It's showtime!"

They turned on the lights over the dock, and went into hidden positions. Yang and Jaune walked to the towel, and sat down. Peter poked his head out from behind an overturned boat on shore.

"Okay! Just like in the script!" He called out.

"S-Sure," Yang mumbled.

"R-Right," Jaune muttered.

He reached out and pulled her into a hug. One she returned. Their blushes got brighter.

"Um... S-So... I think you're super hot, Yang," Jaune began, "Like... The hottest camp counselor here!"

"Oh... Yeah! It's what comes from being a cheerleader!" Yang replied.

"Ditzier!" Peter hissed. Yang glared.

"I'm not a dumb blonde!"

"You're playing one!"

Yang sighed. She then let out a giggle and cuddled against Jaune. She had to admit, she liked how cute he was blushing. At least she wasn't the only one embarassed.

"Yeah! I'm the head cheerleader! So like, I gotta be hottest! Totes!" She managed. She looked up at him and batted her eyelashes.

"So, since we're here and not doing our jobs to look after the kids," she continued, "You wanna... Smoke some pot?"

Jaune coughed. He then looked her right in the eyes.

"Uhhh... Actually, um... I would rather have pre-marital sex with you," he said.

Yang giggled, though it was a little more nervous than amused. Jaune was very warm and the way he said it, while dorky, had so much conviction...

Geez...

"W-Wow... Me too!" Yang said. "I love pre-marital sex! Especially without protection!"

A pause. Both teenagers glared at Peter.

"Who wrote this crap?" Yang demaned.

Peter pointed over at Ray. Ray coughed.

"To be fair, I used an AI generator to avoid any emotional bias-"

"Don't knock it!" Winston said, looking over at the trees. "It's working."

Yang looked at the trees. Something huge and hulking was stalking through them. Dark and malevolent, like smoke trying to assume a human form. Her eyes widened.

"Don't pay attention to it!" Peter hissed, "Keep focused! You gotta draw it in!"

Normally, Yang was fearless. But the prospect of being bait for something she couldn't fight was intimidating. Still...

"R-R-Right," Yang mumbled, looking back at Jaune, "Um... So... That pre-marital sex, and-and all... Uh... Um... We... We..."

It was very hard to remember her lines as the shadow gained form-A seven foot tall brute of a man with a hockey mask and a machete. It began to stride out of the trees-Relentless, menacing.

Ohhh... Oh shit... Um... What... What do I do?! I forgot everything! Yang's mind wailed.

"He's almost there! Go! Go!" Peter hissed.

What do I do now?! Yang's mind demanded. Something cold and icy was wrapping around her, like the brute was projecting sheer menace. She couldn't move, she couldn't breathe...!

Jaune cupped her chin in his hands. He swallowed, and looked deeply into her eyes.

"Nothing will happen to you," Jaune whispered, "I'll never let anything happen to you... Because you're the light of my life."

He leaned in and kissed her. The icy feeling vanished, replaced by warmth. She leaned into the kiss, moaning quietly as he held her tightly.

She'd had so little physical affection in her life: Despite her looks and attitude, she wasn't easy. She had to think about Ruby and so she had virtually no experience. Jaune was so warm and so strong and his conviction even in this situation... It was definitely doing things to her.

But she was still a Huntress. So when the menacing figure stalked over them and lifted up its machete? She grabbed Jaune and leaped right off the dock into the water.

"NOW!"

Four streams of orange energy erupted, projected from the four older men's proton packs. The monstrous figure's rotten, decaying flesh exploded. Something glowed in the center of it, writhing and screaming like a worm from hell. Yang and Jaune surfaced, treading the water as the four men blasted the worm. The orange beams wrapped around it, and it struggled to escape against the pull.

"THE TRAP RAY!" Peter shouted. Ray threw out a small box on wheels that rolled underneath the monster. It opened, and a bright light emitted. The worm screamed like something out of nightmares, before it was sucked into the trap. The doors shut and its lights flashed... Before it beeped twice.

The four men walked up to the trap, checked it over, and grinned at each other.

"One in the box!"

"Ready to go!"

"We be fast..."

They pointed at the trap with smiles.

"They be slow!" They chorused together.

Yang and Jaune got back onto the dock. Yang scowled as Jaune got her a towel and wrapped her in it.

"So... You were using us as bait?!" Yang demanded.

"You were in little real danger," Egon stated, adjusting his glasses, "And it had to be very attractive teenagers with good sexual chemistry."

"Take it easy, Yang," Winston said, waving a hand, "You've saved a lot of lives."

"Yeah," Ray enthused, "Camp Crystal Lake is haunted no more! I can't wait to study this guy!"

Yang scowled. Jaune wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"And we did have to go in blind since it can sense emotions," Jaune said with a nod. He scowled. "Still Uncle Peter... I hope you're not gonna be cheap."

Peter pointed to himself with an innocent look.

"Cheap? When have I ever been cheap in my life? You should see these guys' research budget."

"Peter," Winston, Egon and Ray all said with varying scowls. Peter sighed.

"Fine. Triple the usual rate... And I'll get you guys a table at Minerva's. Least I can do for my nephew and his girlfriend."

"She's not," Jaune started, "URK!"

And ended with Yang's elbow in his abs. Yang smirked and took his hand, even as he blushed brightly.

"Sounds like a start, Uncle Peter! So uh... What did you call your company again? I swear I've heard of it before."

"Ghostbusters," all four men said in synch.

- - -

I dunno, it just came to me. A Halloween themed Arc Clan entry! Which is something any of you can do!

The Arc Clan: Cousin Alice New
And now, for another Arc Clan member...

- - -

Weiss focused her energies as she stood in the ruins nearby Beacon. Her Glyph rotated before her, glowing brightly. She surged her Aura, and focused her mind on what she wanted to bring forth.

In a flash of light, the Geist Knight appeared, towering over her as it had over a year ago. It saluted her with its large sword, then knelt in supplication. Weiss smiled a bit, then heard some footsteps.

She looked and frowned a bit in confusion. A beautiful, voluptuous pale woman with white hair, wearing dark purple robes, walked up the path towards her. A trident-like symbol was engraved upon her forehead and her eyes were dark blue.

"Oh, hello!" She greeted Weiss politely with a small smile. Weiss smiled back just as politely.

"Hello. Can I help you?"

"Ah, forgive me," the pale woman said, "My name is Alice Arc. I've gotten a bit lost. I was looking for the courtyard: I'm meeting my cousin there. His name is Jaune: Do you know him?"

Weiss blinked. Compared to the other relatives of Jaune's that she'd met, this woman seemed... Mostly normal. Still, it never hurt to be cautious.

"We're... Friends, I suppose," Weiss said. "Why didn't you call him on your Scroll?"

"I'm afraid I lost it on my way here," Alice sighed, "But my servants are looking for it. I decided to try and find him the old fashioned way first."

"I'll let him known you're here," Weiss decided, pulling out her Scroll and texting a message to Jaune. When finished, she looked back down the path the woman had walked.

"You came through the Emerald Forest?" She asked in mild disbelief. "Are you a Huntress?"

Alice smiled wryly.

"Sort of. Ooh! A Geist Knight!" Her eyes locked onto the large form, her early worries forgotten, "Totally under your control?"

"Er, yes," Weiss nodded, "It's part of my Semblance. I can resummon defeated enemies from my Glyphs, among other things."

"Fascinating!" Alice enthused, walking over to look over the Knight from every angle. "Do you require additional Dust for specific summons or is it just an Aura Cost?"

"It's just an Aura cost, but Dust can be used to enhance them with elemental effects," Weiss explained, smiling a bit, "You're familiar then?"

"My own Semblance works on somewhat similar principles," Alice replied, smiling back, "Though its utility is more focused on... Uh... Summoning and animation than Elemental manipulation. Could you explain it?"

Weiss spent a rather lovely thirty minutes talking about Semblances and Dust usage. Her worries about Alice Arc diminished. The woman was keenly intelligent and very curious, and had some wonderful suggestions for her own Semblance that Weiss really wanted to try out.

Thank God, a normal Arc relative! Weiss thought happily.

"Oh! Jaune, I completely forgot!"

"So, you said your Semblance was similar to mine," Weiss said, "Can you demonstrate it?"

Alice hesitated.

"Well..."

"HEY BOSS!"

Weiss looked down the path... And her jaw dropped. Two dozen animated skeletons ran up the hill, the lead holding a Scroll in its bony fingers.

"GYAAAAHHHHHH!"

She turned to run... And slammed right into Jaune. He held her and looked down in concern at the panicking Weiss.

"Hey Weiss! You okay?"

"SKELETONS! MONSTERS!" Weiss shrieked. "Th-They must be possessed by Geists! We need to alert the school, we need reinforcements-!"

She turned to direct her Summon to battle... When Jaune laughed.

"Oh! No, it's okay! I know these guys!"

Weiss's eyes bugged out.

"You what?!"

The skeletons came to a stop in front of Alice. The leader, dressed in a tuxedo, held out the Scroll to Alice, who took it gratefully.

"Thank you guys," she said with a smile.

"We'd have been here sooner but JEREMY tried to add some deer bones to himself to look more 'manly'," the leader Skeleton groused. One skeleton, wearing deer antlers on his head, looked as non-chalant as he could.

"I don't know what you're talking about! I'm just naturally horny!"

The lead skeleton sighed then looked at Jaune. He bowed his head.

"It is good to see you well, Jaune."

"You too, Old Bone!" Jaune said cheerfully.

Weiss gaped.

"I... Wha...?!"

Alice turned to Weiss and Jaune with a bashful shrug.

"This is my Semblance: Necromancy."

"No bones about it!"

"Shut up, Jeremy!"

"NEVER!"

Weiss silently moaned.

I knew it! There's no such thing as a normal Arc!

- - -

Based upon this Alice from the Baalbuddy Comics:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDAL3u-0NBQ

Ahead of the Game New
Had to write this one down.

- - -

On a training mission into the Emerald Forest, Jaune had stumbled across a magical collar in one of the ruins. It had refused to come off, and from Ozpin's research, it would choke him to death in four days.

He had tried every spell he could think of. Brought in Penny and had her father remotely try to destroy it without harming Jaune. He'd had everyone in the school try something. Glynda had come closest but it just hadn't budged.

Ozpin, feeling the lowest he had for centuries, made the call to Jaune's parents to come and pay their last respects. Meanwhile, his friends gathered with him in the infirmary. There wasn't a dry eye anywhere, even Ren was crying in silence.

Jaune: choked "Guys...? I'm sorry... There's... There's so much I wish... I had said. Weiss? I'm sorry I bugged you... I genuinely thought you were amazing as a person... Your wealth and name didn't matter. I just... I just thought you were incredible. Smart, kind, determined..."

Weiss: sniffles "I... I'm sorry I didn't see that until... I'm so sorry, Jaune."

Jaune: "Ruby..." smiles "I'm sorry I won't get to see the kind of woman you will grow into. You... You're gonna be amazing... And beautiful. Please... Have all the adventures I-I never got to. Please... Make new friends. Be happy."

Ruby: sobbing too hard to say anything as she hugs him

Jaune: "Yang...? I wish we'd... We'd spoken more. Honestly? I thought you were one of the hottest Huntresses ever, and one of the most amazing. Your tender side and your fighting side... They were both... Beautiful. I hope you find someone who will love you and never leave you. You-You deserve it."

Yang: trying not to cry, but failing "Jaune..."

Jaune: "Blake... Again... Sorry we didn't... Talk much... You're an amazing person. I get that... That opening up is hard when you've been hurt so much... But take it from me... It sucks to be alone. Please... Be good to your friends. Grow and learn... And don't shut others out."

Blake: sniffles, nods

Jaune: "Nora... You've been like a sister to me. Keep up... Keep up the good fight. Keep bringing people smiles... And breaking legs."

Nora is silent, just crying into Ren's shoulder. She manages a nod.

Jaune: "Ren... You're like the brother I never had. I know it's hard... To be strong, but... You're one of the strongest people I know. Please... Take care of everyone."

Ren: stoic manly nod

Jaune: "Miss Goodwitch... Thank you for the chance to... To try and be a hero. To try and help people... I'm sorry I was a fraud-"

Glynda: barely able to control her tears "N-No... It was very brave, Jaune."

Even Cardin showed up.

Cardin: "Hey man... I'm sorry-"

Jaune: "N-No... No... I was weak... I needed to get over myself and stand up... So... Ya know... No hard feelings... Just... Try to be a better man..."

Cardin: "I-I will... I promise..."

Jaune: "Professor Port... I actually liked your stories."

Port: smiles sadly "I shall tell yours forever more, my boy."

Jaune: "Thank you..."

Pyrrha has been trying to hold it together all this time... But when Jaune looks at her...

Jaune: "Pyrrha... I-"

She sobs and falls to her knees. She hugs him tightly.

Pyrrha: "I love you Jaune! I've always loved you! I-I just... I'm sorry... It's all my fault, I opened that tomb and-!"

Jaune: "No, no... It's not your fault, Pyr... It's all right..." smiles "I... I just want to tell you... I cared for you. So much... Please... I just ask that you... You smile again one day. Genuinely... Don't let this... Let me drag you down..."

Pyrrha: "You never did...!" She keeps crying

Then at the door to the infirmary, there is a loud commotion. Isabel and Nick Arc storm in, followed by Ozpin.

Jaune: "M-Mom... Dad..." smiles "I'm... I'm sorry I disobeyed you but-"

Isabel: "Sweetie? Shut up. Mommy's here to fix everything. Nick?"

Nick hefts up a sword which Isabel runs her glowing hands over. He smiles at Jaune.

Nick: "Don't worry son! Everything's gonna be all right!"

Which is when Nick swings his sword and cuts Jaune's head off. As literally everyone screams in horror (Including Ren), Jaune has one last thought:

Jaune: ... What?

Darkness... Then... Jaune wakes up, gasping for breath. He reaches up to his neck: The collar is gone... His head is reattached.

He's in the infirmary. Isabel is sitting next to him, sipping some tea. Nick is grinning.

Nick: "Told ya!"

Jaune: "Wha... WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Isabel: "Language!"

Jaune: "YOU CUT MY HEAD OFF?!"

Isabel: "Yes Jaune. It was the only way to get that cursed collar off of you!"

Isabel: "Only for a few seconds, then I put it right back on. Don't be such a baby, sweetie!" sips

Jaune: "O-Oh..."

Isabel: "Honestly, they should have just called me from the start! Still sweetie, I'm glad you're all right now." smiles

Jaune: "M-Me too..."

Nick: "And hey! Now you can finally go out with all those girls who were crying over you!"

Nick: "Well most of them. The orangette asked to be adopted and that would be awkward!"

Ahead of the Game 2 New
Had to write this one down.

- - -

On a training mission into the Emerald Forest, Jaune had stumbled across a magical collar in one of the ruins. It had refused to come off, and from Ozpin's research, it would choke him to death in four days.

He had tried every spell he could think of. Brought in Penny and had her father remotely try to destroy it without harming Jaune. He'd had everyone in the school try something. Glynda had come closest but it just hadn't budged.

Ozpin, feeling the lowest he had for centuries, made the call to Jaune's parents to come and pay their last respects. Meanwhile, his friends gathered with him in the infirmary. There wasn't a dry eye anywhere, even Ren was crying in silence.

Jaune: choked "Guys...? I'm sorry... There's... There's so much I wish... I had said. Weiss? I'm sorry I bugged you... I genuinely thought you were amazing as a person... Your wealth and name didn't matter. I just... I just thought you were incredible. Smart, kind, determined..."

Weiss: sniffles "I... I'm sorry I didn't see that until... I'm so sorry, Jaune."

Jaune: "Ruby..." smiles "I'm sorry I won't get to see the kind of woman you will grow into. You... You're gonna be amazing... And beautiful. Please... Have all the adventures I-I never got to. Please... Make new friends. Be happy."

Ruby: sobbing too hard to say anything as she hugs him

Jaune: "Yang...? I wish we'd... We'd spoken more. Honestly? I thought you were one of the hottest Huntresses ever, and one of the most amazing. Your tender side and your fighting side... They were both... Beautiful. I hope you find someone who will love you and never leave you. You-You deserve it."

Yang: trying not to cry, but failing "Jaune..."

Jaune: "Blake... Again... Sorry we didn't... Talk much... You're an amazing person. I get that... That opening up is hard when you've been hurt so much... But take it from me... It sucks to be alone. Please... Be good to your friends. Grow and learn... And don't shut others out."

Blake: sniffles, nods

Jaune: "Nora... You've been like a sister to me. Keep up... Keep up the good fight. Keep bringing people smiles... And breaking legs."

Nora is silent, just crying into Ren's shoulder. She manages a nod.

Jaune: "Ren... You're like the brother I never had. I know it's hard... To be strong, but... You're one of the strongest people I know. Please... Take care of everyone."

Ren: stoic manly nod

Jaune: "Miss Goodwitch... Thank you for the chance to... To try and be a hero. To try and help people... I'm sorry I was a fraud-"

Glynda: barely able to control her tears "N-No... It was very brave, Jaune."

Even Cardin showed up.

Cardin: "Hey man... I'm sorry-"

Jaune: "N-No... No... I was weak... I needed to get over myself and stand up... So... Ya know... No hard feelings... Just... Try to be a better man..."

Cardin: "I-I will... I promise..."

Jaune: "Professor Port... I actually liked your stories."

Port: smiles sadly "I shall tell yours forever more, my boy."

Jaune: "Thank you..."

Pyrrha has been trying to hold it together all this time... But when Jaune looks at her...

Jaune: "Pyrrha... I-"

She sobs and falls to her knees. She hugs him tightly.

Pyrrha: "I love you Jaune! I've always loved you! I-I just... I'm sorry... It's all my fault, I opened that tomb and-!"

Jaune: "No, no... It's not your fault, Pyr... It's all right..." smiles "I... I just want to tell you... I cared for you. So much... Please... I just ask that you... You smile again one day. Genuinely... Don't let this... Let me drag you down..."

Pyrrha: "You never did...!" She keeps crying

Then at the door to the infirmary, there is a loud commotion. Isabel and Nick Arc storm in, followed by Ozpin.

Jaune: "M-Mom... Dad..." smiles "I'm... I'm sorry I disobeyed you but-"

Isabel: "Sweetie? Shut up. Mommy's here to fix everything. Nick?"

Nick hefts up a sword which Isabel runs her glowing hands over. He smiles at Jaune.

Nick: "Don't worry son! Everything's gonna be all right!"

Which is when Nick swings his sword and cuts Jaune's head off. As literally everyone screams in horror (Including Ren), Jaune has one last thought:

Jaune: ... What?

Darkness... Then... Jaune wakes up, gasping for breath. He reaches up to his neck: The collar is gone... His head is reattached.

He's in the infirmary. Isabel is sitting next to him, sipping some tea. Nick is grinning.

Nick: "Told ya!"

Jaune: "Wha... WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Isabel: "Language!"

Isabel: "Yes Jaune. It was the only way to get that cursed collar off of you!"

Isabel: "Only for a few seconds, then I put it right back on. Don't be such a baby, sweetie!" sips

Jaune: "O-Oh..."

Isabel: "Honestly, they should have just called me from the start! Still sweetie, I'm glad you're all right now." smiles

Jaune: "M-Me too..."

Nick: "And hey! Now you can finally go out with all those girls who were crying over you!"

Nick: "Well most of them. The orangette asked to be adopted and that would be awkward!"

Jaune's friends are let into the infirmary. Pyrrha, Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Blake are a bit bashful.

Ruby: "Um... Sorry we attacked you, Mister and Mrs. Arc."

Isabel: "No no, quite all right! If I saw a strange person cutting off the head of someone I cared about, I would also get violent."

Jaune: "Oh. So that's why we're in a different infirmary?"

Pyrrha: "We um... We kind of wrecked the other one... Sorry."

Nick: "It's all right, everyone! That's the kind of thing someone can... Lose their head over!"

Everyone groans but Yang, Jaune and Isabel. Also Ren.

Ren: "Jaune? Your parents are amazing and I am very glad you're alive but... They are also terrifying."

Jaune: "Trust me, you don't know the half of it."

Weiss clears her throat.

Weiss: "W-Well... Um... Jaune? Since you're not going to die... Uh... I was thinking maybe... It would be nice to go out to dinner and talk. As you asked before."

Jaune: "Well I-"

Yang: "Oh really? I think VB would have a lot more fun on a date with me, Weisscream!" She sidles up to Jaune with a wink "He did say I was hot and amazing, after all. I should reward that."

Jaune: "But-"

Pyrrha: "I-I confessed my love for him! He's going on a date with me!"

Jaune: "Well you-"

Ruby: "HEY! He said he wanted to see what kind of a beautiful woman I'd grow into! I wanna show him!"

Blake: "Honestly? He's kind, he's sweet, and he came back from the dead. I think I want to stake a claim here." Starry eyed "It's just like my manga~!"

Ruby: "You don't even know him!"

Weiss: "He crushed on me!"

Yang: "He spent his deathbed speech on praising me! I'm not letting him go!"

Pyrrha: "I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM!"

The girls begin to bicker and tug on Jaune. Jaune gulps and looks to his parents, Nora, and Ren for help.

Jaune: "Uh... Mom? Dad? Guys?!"

Isabel: "Oh my... Think of the grandchildren!"

Nora: "You got this, Fearless Leader!"

Ren: "Good luck, Jaune."

Nick: "You should have quit while you were... AHEAD! Ahahahaha!"

The Prodigy New
Cross-posted from SB

Prompt:

A 10 years old Jaune sneaks outside the walls of Radian to train himself in secret and Isabel notices the absence of Jaune and frantically looks for him. When she finds him, he is surrounded by Beowulves (and notes the dissolving remains of 3 slain Beowulves) and goes full Mama Bear on the Beowulf pack (poor bastards). Once the danger has passed, Isabel slaps her son and asks him why did he get himself in danger like this, only for Jaune to tell her that he wants to be a Huntsman and since Isabel and Nick won't train him he has to train himself.

At that moment, it dawns on Isabel just how far Jaune is willing to go for that dream of his; and while her first instinct was to absolutely forbid him from even mentioning anything related to Huntsmanship another colder, more logical voice tells her that if he already did this at 10, he could do this when he's older, smarter and sneakier enough to evade her notice.

At that point Isabel sighs and tells Jaune to go home and let her talk to Nick about it.

Nick confirms to Isabel that he personally agreed with her in that he does not want Jaune to be a Huntsman either, but he was also against how vehemently restrictive Isabel was regarding the matter towards Jaune. When Isabel asks him why he didn't say anything, Nick simply answered that he as a husband had a duty to always support her. At this, Isabel sighs and decides to bite the bullet and talk to Jaune.

Isabel (along with Nick) agrees to train Jaune but has an initial condition: he must also study medicine under her alongside his training as a huntsman, and tells him flat out that they (Isabel and Nick) WILL go hard on him and that they WILL try to break him to the point he gives up. Unfortunately for Isabel; Jaune was every bit her's and Nick's child and had inherited BOTH of their stubbornness and so, rather than being intimidated what he instead hears is "bet we can make you give up".

Needless to say, Jaune took that as a challenge.

2 months during training; Isabel and Nick quickly notice something: Jaune's learning speed and growth rate (whether in medicine study or in huntman training) made it all too clear that their son was, by every measurable metric, a honest-to-goodness prodigy and find themselves baffled as on how to push their son in their training, since he now can go through the paces without much effort.....

.....and it does not help that Jaune's Semblance is (to quote a certain orange-loving sister who has become more familiar with Huntsman terminology by watching her parents train Jaune) an absolute cheat code that breaks every formerly established rule ("like seriously, Jaune's Semblance is a middle-finger to the law of conservation of energy. Does this mean Jaune basically has infinite Aura?"), and apparently ALSO has a constant passive effect on Jaune himself that apparently further improved his already ludicrous improvement rate.

So far; because of his assitance at the Arc-en-Ciel hospital, his Semblance has evolved into the ability to not only Amplify other's Aura, but can now also allow Jaune to donate his Aura to others with a 99.6% efficiency average. He has come to be known by the locals of Radian as "The Saint of Radian".

When Isabel and Nick can honestly no longer think of anything else to teach their son; Nick gets an idea and off-handedly asks Isabel if they can contact Glynda and ask for her help in training Jaune, since she is an actual, certified Combat Instructor for Huntsmen-in-Training and he also has observed (from what he remembered) that her Semblance and Jaune's have many similarities in how they operate in regards to Aura Control; if not in effect.

Isabel stops at this and opened her mouth to protest (because it would be imposing on Glynda, and because she was not exactly all that thrilled at the idea of Glynda being so close to HER husband, and Glynda was already a busy woman as it was), but just as she was about to list the reasons why not to Nick was already calling Glynda.

.....It took a bit of convincing (even with Nick being the one to ask), but Glynda eventually agreed to visit them during Beacon's Summer Break to appraise Jaune and see if there was anything she could actually help him with that required her personal tutoring......

---------------------------------------------

Yeah, I'm ending it here since my mind kinda blanked out at this point and forcing ideas out of one's mind is like forcing a fart; you risk ending up with shit

But anyways: final set up is the following:

-Li Ren and An Ren survive and move to Radian along with 5 other Kuroyuri survivors.
-The Arc family ends up officially adopting Nora, though she, for all intents and purposes is doted on and practically raised by both the Ren and Arc families.
-Nora takes the Arc name without a thought. She held no love for the Valkyrie name.
-Jaune Arc is officially apprenticed under Glynda Goodwitch, Nora Arc becomes Nicholas Arc's official apprentice and Lie Ren officially becomes Isabel Arc's apprentice (both huntsman-wise and medic-wise). That said, Jaune, Ren and Nora are also trained by the others interchangeably.

-----------------------------------------------

EDIT: Regarding probable case of favoritism in Beacon.......

Here's the thing; you do NOT want to be Glynda's favorite (as Jaune quickly comes to learn the hard way); because due to some of her students dying in missions because of either overconfidence and/or underpreparedness, Glynda has come to associate care with strictness.

In other words, the more fond Glynda grows of you, the harder she will push you; and Jaune quickly becomes someone who is very dear indeed.

Jaune SI BS 25: Taste New
Weiss was having some tea with Ruby, Blake, and Nora in an effort to be "less of a meanie". So far, it seemed to be working. Ruby was kept at bay with a multitude of cookies. Nora was stuffing her face with pastries. And even Blake was well behaved... For once.

Weiss: "So... As much as I enjoy a good soap opera, I am slightly concerned for Velvet. Is she really happy marrying that brute?"

Blake: "I thought that too at first, actually. Rabbit Faunus are easily bullied. That's why Feline Faunus rule."

Weiss: "You do realize how racist you sound, right?"

Blake: wince "Sorry. Old habits die hard."

Ruby: "I think it's great! Cardin was a jerk but now he's a good guy! Well, sort of. He's still grouchy a lot of the time and macho."

Blake: "I do... I do like the potentially tragic nature of the romance. It's like that old Albion play: 'Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Venona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean...'"

Weiss: "I'm hoping it ends better for them than it did for Jomeo and Ruliet."

Blake: "Oh, of course! Just that it's rather romantic..." Starry eyed "A big, strong human, defying all societal rules, falling in love with a Faunus girl-Even if she is a Rabbit Faunus-Defying their social status..."

Nora: "Weiss, why is this called a 'Danish'? I don't feel like going viking any more than I usually do!"

Weiss: deadpan "Good question Nora. I shall have to ask Klein about it."

The door to the common room opens. Jaune enters, along with Ren, Yang, Pyrrha... And Jaune's parents.

Jaune: "Hey guys, we're back."

Ruby: brightly "Hi Jaune!"

Nora: "Jaune-Jaune! You brought... Older people?"

Jaune: "These are my parents, they're going to be teaching at Beacon for a while."

Weiss blushes.

Weiss: Oh my... I suppose that's a very nice future for Jaune to look forward to...

She sees Blake blushing as well, and scowls.

Weiss: Oh of course she'd think something like that too!

Weiss rises... And glares at everyone else to do the same. They do so. Weiss curtsies.

Weiss: "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Arc. I am Weiss Schnee."

Ruby: "Ruby Rose!"

Nora: "Nora Valkyrie!"

Blake: "Blake Belladonna."

Isabel: "It's a pleasure to meet you all, truly." smiles and shakes everyone's hands "Also, brace yourselves."

Weiss: "Why?"

Nick then begins to hug them.

Nick: "HAHAHA! Nice to meet you too!"

Weiss: "Eep! Oh my!"

Weiss: Hugs? Oh wow... Hugs are amazing! Especially from a strong, strapping older man-STOP THAT!

Ruby: "YAY HUGS!"

Nora: "WOO!"

Blake: bares with it stoically

Weiss: "So, er, what will you be teaching?"

Isabel: "We'll be taking turns giving Glynda a break from Combat Class, with some Survival and First Aid classes."

Nick: "Yeah! It's been a while since we got to cut loose!"

Ruby: "Woah! Is that a railgun sword?!"

Nick: "Sure is!"

Ruby: "SO COOL! Can I examine it?"

Nick: "Certainly! But you have to marry my son!"

Ruby: "SURE!"

Jaune: "RUBY!"

Nick: "HAHA! Just kidding!"

Blake: "Indeed. After all, I'm Jaune's fiance."

Jaune: "BLAKE!"

Yang: "SERIOUSLY?!"

Jaune: "She's joking, Mom and Dad!"

Nick: "I dunno, I keep hearing a lot of joking about that and she doesn't seem the type."

Blake: blush "Ah, s-sorry. When we met my parents I um, I panicked. We... We're just friends."

Jaune's Brain: Oh thank God, she can learn...

Blake: small smile at Jaune and Yang "For now."

Yang: grinds her teeth "Blaaaake...!"

Jaune's Brain: She hasn't learned anything!

Later... Jaune is trying to relax on his own in the library. Just reading some comics.

Jaune's Brain: Wow... Shield Saint is awesome! It's like Shield Hero but with a little more editing to really make it work. And Bitch is even more horrible! I didn't think that was possible...

Blake walks up and sits down next to him.

Blake: "Hello Jaune. Um... Sorry about that with your parents."

Jaune: sighs "I'm beginning to expect it from you."

Blake: "Well... You shouldn't. I'm... I'm working on getting better."

Jaune: "I know... Thank you. I appreciate that. Sorry if I haven't been keeping my promise to help you-"

Blake: "No, no, we've been busy! It's understandable. I just... I know you probably think it's me panicking and all that. Or... Or my books."

Jaune: "I don't think it's just that, Blake." sighs "But again... I love Yang. Okay? Besides, Sun's a better choice for you-"

Blake: "Why? Because he's a Faunus?"

Jaune: "No, because he's relentlessly cheerful and sunny. You need that optimism in your life to get better."

Blake: "He also... Has this idealized form of me in his head. He doesn't call me out on my problems, just says I'll get better. Or that I shouldn't think of them as problems but opportunities to get better. He always brings up all my good points but never gives me pushback on my bad." She looks at Jaune "Adam... Adam did the same thing, just differently. Like neither of them could be entirely honest with me. You though? You actually tell me the truth, even if it hurts."

Jaune's Brain: I'm literally just pointing out all the flaws the viewers noticed... Not that I can tell her that...

Jaune: "Yeah. I mean... If people told me I was fine where I was as a person, I'd get killed. Or get other people killed. I'm direct and honest because I don't want that to happen to you, Blake."

Blake: nods "That's... That's why I am honestly attracted to you, Jaune. It's not-not a fetish..." blush "Entirely... I-I mean I did fantasize about a strong, kind human being my master... A lot... Read several books... Wrote some fanfiction-"

Jaune: "I get it, Blake, I get it. But: One, I don't feel that way about you. Two? I love Yang."

Blake: "... I wouldn't like you as much if you did give in."

Jaune: "So... Will you please stop?"

Blake smiles and leans in to kiss his cheek.

Blake: "No... I'll just take a different approach."

Jaune: "I-No, no, Blake, come on. Sun just needs to grow up-"

Blake: "But I've already seen what you'll grow up into, Jaune. And I think that's worth a lot of hard work... And sharing."

Jaune's Brain: Oh goddamnit I am a shitty NTR harem protagonist!

She rises and heads off... Just as Yang storms in.

Yang: "Blake, I swear I-"

Blake hugs her.

Blake: "Sorry about that. Honest. I'm working on it. And some other things. So... Please be patient."

Yang: blinks "I... Okay...?"

Blake kisses her cheek and, with a smile at Jaune, turns and heads off.

Yang: blush "... Wha...?"

Jaune's Brain: Ohhh Goddamnit... No, no... Yang is not thinking... She is not thinking about a harem, she is not, she is NOT. Blake's just messing with us because she's a damn cat. That's all... However... I do have a duty as a boyfriend to attend to...

Jaune gets up, takes Yang's hand, and pulls her into a deep kiss.

Yang: "Mmmm...?" They break "Mwah... Haa... Did Blake kissing me make you-?"

Jaune: "I'd be lying if I said 'no', but it's mostly because I get you now. I'm making sure you know who's woman you really are."

Yang: grins "Maybe you should remind me thoroughly~..."

Mombi: "Excuse me? None of that in the library!"

Jaune and Yang: "Sorry!"

Jaune did love his friends. He loved his girlfriend very much. That's why he was going to so much trouble to try and save them all from a terrible, nightmarish future, after all. He would do anything for them...

Well. Almost anything...

Jaune: "No."

Yang: "Come on, Jaune! It's the Achievemen! They're giving half off tickets to Hunters and Hunters-in-Training! What's not to love?"

Jaune: "They're a corporate manufactured boy band whose musical talent could fill a thimble. Their composer's birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory that failed."

Yang: "I know, I know, but come on! It'll be fun!"

Jaune: "No. Not going."

Yang: "It's Ruby's first concert!"

Jaune: "So take her to one featuring a good band!"

Yang: pouts "... You can feel me up afterwards?"

Jaune: "I do that anyway."

Yang: "Oh, now you decide to act like the big Alpha Male?"

Jaune: "I do when it comes to music. I love you Yang. I would fight to the death for you and never abandon you-"

Yang: "Except when it comes to an Achievemen concert?"

Jaune: Takes a long, long breath, and lets out a long sigh "... Fine."

Yang: "Hee!" She nuzzles and kisses him "Mmm... Knew I could guilt you into it!"

Jaune: "Just for that, I'm naming our first and secondborn."

Yang: "Ha! Isn't that a little premature?"

Jaune: "Ha. I get it."

They go to the concert... And after the first set, Jaune's eyebrow is twitching.

Jaune's Brain: Wow. They somehow made 98 Degrees look like the Beastie Boys. The Backstreet Boys would be laughing at these guys.

Ruby: Oblivious, she just waves her glowsticks in the air "WOOHOO! THIS IS GREAT! COME ON JAUNE! DON'T BE GRUMPY!"

Jaune: sighs "Woo!" Waves his hands in the air

Yang: "Haha! That's the spirit!"

Jaune: "They totally suck though."

Yang: "I KNOW! But it's great!"

Blake: "How is it great that they suck?"

Ruby: "Aw, why are you so grumpy, Blake?!"

Blake: "Because I have two sets of ears!"

Weiss: "Wow, and I thought I was cursed."

Nora, oblivious, just cheers along with the music. Ren stoically waves glowsticks as well. Pyrrha is as well, though her smile is more plastic than usual.

Jaune: sighs "... It's all for the sake of people we love."
Blake: grimace... Sighs "Woo."

Jaune: "Woo."

The concert mercifully ends... But Nora insists on making use of their VIP access to meet the band. Which they do.

Jack: "Hey! I'm the leader!"

Ryan: "I'm the sensitive one!"

Micheal: "I'm the tough one!"

Gavin: "I'm the shy one!"

Ray: "I'm the manly one!"

Jeremy: "And I'm the nerdy one!"

All: "Together, we are... THE ACHIEVE MEN!"

They pose like the Ginyu Force... Yang and Ruby squeal. Nora beams and squeezes Ren's hand.

Nora: "You forgive me for ogling them, right Ren?"

Ren: "Yes."

Gavin: "Woah... Pyrrha Nikos?! You're here too?!"

Pyrrha: "N-No! I'm uh... Um-!"

Jaune: "She's Hera... Cleese. You must have her mistaken for someone else."

Gavin: "I mean... Uh, sure dude. Still, can I get your autograph, 'Hera Cleese'?"

Pyrrha: "I mean... I guess so... Ahem..."

Nora: "How is there a manly one and a tough one? Doesn't that overlap?"

Ray: "No. I have a beard. He doesn't. See?"

Nora: "Ohhhh! No, I still don't get it."

Ruby makes a beeline to Jeremy with a big smile.

Ruby: "Oooh! What did you think of Concordance?"

Jeremy: "Um... I have no strong feelings one way or the other!"

Ruby: "Wha-How could you not?! It was a disaster! An utter dumpster fire! How did Wony spend that many lien on it and get such a terrible game?! You can't be serious!"

Ruby harangues the poor guy until Jaune pulls her back.

Jaune: "It's cool, sorry Jeremy. She's a spitfire."

Jeremy: "Th-That's fine!"

Jack: "So, Miss Schnee... You seeing anyone?" smiles "I did really enjoy your last concert performance."

Weiss: "O-Oh? I uh... Thank you!" blushes "But uh... Well, at the moment I'm not interested in romance..."

Jack: "Are you sure? It could be a great way to get back at your dad... Within corporate allowed limits, of course."

Weiss: "I think I'll pass, thank you."

Blake: "She's with me." Takes Weiss' wrist.

Weiss: "BLAKE!"

Jack: blush "Oh... Um... Er... S-Sorry!" He scurries off

Weiss: "Blake?! What was that?!"

Blake: "I was helping."

Weiss: "No you weren't!"

Ruby wanders over to the actual band. Jaune follows. Ruby beams at the guitarist, an attractive girl with teal hair in twintails with pink stripes, a pink tank-top, yellow short-shorts, and pink/white stockings under tough leather boots.

Ruby: "Piper Minke?"

Piper: "Eh?" Gasps "How'd you know it was me?!"

Jaune: Oh right... The pink rocker punk girl in the year ahead of us. She wasn't in the show but... I'm not complaining.

Ruby: "Your guitar scythe. I've seen you working on it! It's a really great weapon!"

Piper: blush "Oh, well, thank you! I got this gig to help supplement my income. Their usual guy is out sick."

Jaune: "Woah. So you're a huntress-in-training by day and a part-time musician by night?"

Piper: "Yeah! After I got in a fight at a night club, my agent let me rebrand as a Huntress-Singer! It's pretty awesome!"

Jaune: "Sure is. I could see some Rendrix and a little Ryan Johnson in your performance."

Piper: "Oooh yeah! They're big influences! Well, when I'm not playing crap." wince "Sorry, shouldn't be ungrateful..."

Jaune: "Nah. It's cool. Secret's safe with me. Still, it is nice to meet another musician."

Piper: "Oh yeah! You play guitar! You're not too bad, for an amateur."

Jaune: smiles "Thanks."

Piper: "It might be nice to jam once in a while, ya know?"

Jaune: "Really? I'd love to-!"

Yang stands next to Jaune, her smile once again terrifying.

Jaune: "-As friends."

Piper: "Oh! Right... Hey Xiao-Long, relax. He's a little young for me." winks

Yang: "Eh? Oh, no, I was just letting Jaune and Ruby know it's time to go! ... But thanks."

Piper: "No sweat!"

They leave the concert venue. Jaune and Yang holding hands while Ruby talks about things with Nora happily.

Yang: sighs "Sorry... I guess I am a little hypocritical gawking at the pretty boys then get anxious over you connecting with a girl-"

Jaune: "Yang, Yang... Relax, okay?"

Yang: "I'm trying... I'm sorry."

Jaune: "Hey, you didn't threaten her this time. That's progress."

Yang: sighs "Yeah... Still. Thanks for not being a grump the whole time."

Jaune: wince "Sorry..."

Yang: "Nah. It's fine." grins "I think I'm growing out of it. I just wanted Ruby to have a great time, ya know? And you made sure she did."

Jaune: smiles and nuzzles her "Mmhm..."

Pyrrha: sighs

Jaune: "You okay, Pyr?"

Pyrrha: "I suppose I can empathise with them. They are a product, packaged to the world. Having to be something they aren't. It made me feel a little sad... And very blessed that I'm with you all."

Silence. Nora tears up and hugs Pyrrha. So does Ruby.

Weiss: "Wow... That was very profound, Pyrrha!"

Pyrrha: "Uh... I didn't mean to make you cry-?"

Nora: sobs "Pyrrrhhhaaaa~!"

Ruby: "We're sorry!"

Jaune: laughs "It's all right, Pyr. They're just overcome with emotion. Right Ren?"

Ren: deadpan "Yes, I am very moved. Almost to tears."

Jaune: "See?"

- - -

This got away from me, but eh. I couldn't think of anything Halloween themed... Yet.

Piper Minke is a fan character for RWBY I decided to use on a whim: Piper Minke

Yang and Ruby are Werewolves New
Ruby: "Jaune, now you know our horrible secret. How my sister and I are forever trapped between man and beast, how we struggle nightly to contain the monster within, eternally doomed to be tragic figures of the night!"

Yang: "Ruby, we're werewolves, not vampires. We don't lose control during the full moon, it's just that the guy who turned us into werewolves was an asshole. Your beast of the night is almost as dangerous as Zwei when he doesn't get breakfast."

Ruby: "Yang, you're ruining my backstory!" huffs "Anyway, we're terrifying, horrific monsters of the night and I'm so sorry, Jaune! Please, please, don't reject us!"

Jaune: "I don't."

Ruby: "We're still your friends inside these bestial forms!"

Jaune: "I know."

Ruby: "We won't tear you apart and-Wait what?"

Jaune: "I'm totally cool with you two being werewolves. Honestly? You're even cuter and Yang is hotter in ways I didn't even think possible."

Yang: "Wait really?"

Jaune: "I mean, I did date Faunus girls back in Radian. One was a cat girl and the other was a dog girl. I know which was a lot less drama."

Yang: blush "Oh geez... You smooth talker you... Don't expect me to roll over for you!"

Jaune: smiles "I'll just take a shake for now."

Yang: "HA! Oh man... The pun potential of this form is unlimited!"

Ruby: "I-I'M NOT CUTE! I'M A TERRIFYING WEREWOLF, ARF!"

Jaune reaches out and scratches behind both girls' ears.

Ruby: "Ooooh~!"

Yang: "Ohhhh~... I could... Get used to thisssss...!"

Jaune: "Aw... You're both such good girls, yes you are, yes you are~!"

Pyrrha, watching in feverish jealousy: I gotta get bitten by a werewolf!

Back