• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Eiko I would teach White Veil or Five Dragons

Crane or Mantis for the Defensive fuck you they each have, or the Conviction based Virtue form also Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style

Shougo I would teach Five Dragons or First Pulse

I'd Teach Fist of the Daystar when we work out a way for him to get the same bonuses as a Solar, until then the Valor Virtue Style is an awesome all in offensive style

and Asia I'd Teach White Veil if anything, also magic or something once she's a Half-Caste

The Compassion Virtue style would be great for Asia, as would the Crane Style, ymmv on all of these

Also Koneko, teaching her Celestial Monkey style probably not, however Disco Ninja, I mean Crystal Chameleon style would be good to make her a terror on the battle field.

Also include Kiba in the ones I'd suggest Five Dragons for, its got a lot of nice charms in it, and when they hit E4+ its got an almost perfect defense charm

I think the current plan is to teach First Pulse to Yang and Berserker, teach Ivory Pestle to Ruby and Mittelt, and have Asia learn Thaumaturgy. At least for the first set.

That list has a mix of TMAs and CMAs. We're not at the level of being able to teach CMAs yet.

yeah it does, I figured since he posted my first list which, once again has CMA and TMA I may as well post CMA ideas as well as TMA, it's not going to hurt anyone after all, and it gives me something to do, and a place to get them out of my head, ya

I did keep them on different lines at least, TMA ideas first, then CMA the next one, with the exception of Koneko and Kiba who were just additions to the previous ideas

since i am not really that good at exalted mechanics is there any way to convert this into a charm or a spell

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/sunlight-spear

cause i want issei to say praise the sun at least once in this quest and nothing says fuck you like a sunlight spear to the face :))

and bright might even approve XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well as long as we're talking martial arts...

Koneko was talking about wanting to learn a grappling style. The best grappling-focused TMA is Terrestrial Hero Style, not Jade Mountain.

For CMAs...

Koneko's biggest weakness right now is that she's not fast enough to put her strength to good use against many foes. With that in mind, I suggest giving her Tiger Style. This style focuses on savage damage-enhancers and making attacks by leaping at your opponent from hiding, like a tiger stalking its prey. But for Koneko's purposes, its greatest strength is the movement charms.

Normally under Exalted rules a character can only move at their (Dexterity) in yards per tick unless they take a dash action, which imposes DV penalties unless you have certain charms. Let's call this a baseline and assume that Koneko adheres to it since she's not shown to be particularly fast. A jump action on the other hand allows you to move up to (Strength + Athletics) in yards straight up, or twice that horizontally. This also imposes DV penalties... except that the first charm in Tiger Style allows you to jump reflexively without penalty, as if you were moving.

With just this first charm, Koneko's movement speed can be made dependent on her Strength score rather than her Dexterity. She won't gain bullet-time reflexes like Kiba seems to have but she'll be able to rocket across the battlefield at several times her previous movement speed. Assuming (Strength 5 + Athletics 5) gets you a movement rate of 20 yards in a single tick compared to maybe three yards or so that she has now. And since Koneko has the Rook piece, she probably has supernatural effects that boost those numbers even higher.

The rest of the style is really just a bonus, but the stealth bonuses set her up well for expansion into a stealth roll, maybe by learning Crystal Chameleon afterwards.

Smuthunter said:
Well as long as we're talking martial arts...

Koneko was talking about wanting to learn a grappling style. The best grappling-focused TMA is Terrestrial Hero Style, not Jade Mountain.

For CMAs...

Koneko's biggest weakness right now is that she's not fast enough to put her strength to good use against many foes. With that in mind, I suggest giving her Tiger Style. This style focuses on savage damage-enhancers and making attacks by leaping at your opponent from hiding, like a tiger stalking its prey. But for Koneko's purposes, its greatest strength is the movement charms.

Normally under Exalted rules a character can only move at their (Dexterity) in yards per tick unless they take a dash action, which imposes DV penalties unless you have certain charms. Let's call this a baseline and assume that Koneko adheres to it since she's not shown to be particularly fast. A jump action on the other hand allows you to move up to (Strength + Athletics) in yards straight up, or twice that horizontally. This also imposes DV penalties... except that the first charm in Tiger Style allows you to jump reflexively without penalty, as if you were moving.

With just this first charm, Koneko's movement speed can be made dependent on her Strength score rather than her Dexterity. She won't gain bullet-time reflexes like Kiba seems to have but she'll be able to rocket across the battlefield at several times her previous movement speed. Assuming (Strength 5 + Athletics 5) gets you a movement rate of 20 yards in a single tick compared to maybe three yards or so that she has now. And since Koneko has the Rook piece, she probably has supernatural effects that boost those numbers even higher.

The rest of the style is really just a bonus, but the stealth bonuses set her up well for expansion into a stealth roll, maybe by learning Crystal Chameleon afterwards.

not to mention the irony of a cat learning tiger style XD

noahgab1133 said:
not to mention the irony of a cat learning tiger style XD
That too.

Alternatively there's also Mantis Style, which is good for parry defenses and has a lot of clinch-enhancers. I'm also looking at a rewrite of Lunar Hero Style; Foot-Trapping Counter is a one-charm purchase at the bottom of the tree, and it allows Koneko to make reflexive Blockade Movement actions against anyone who tries to get out of her range, which would be great if we want her to continue being a tank. It works pretty good with Tiger Style too, imagine Koneko vaulting across a battlefield to engage an enemy and instantly locking him down even if she doesn't put him down immediately.

You know I am really proud that nobody has made the obvious suss martial arts joke in this thread.

Lets just make sure a certain queen doesn't learn laughing wound style.

I think that learning some more magic might be a good idea, as we could tech Asia (who was a natural as a bishop in the og story line) as well as increase our non-damaging utility.

Also I want to see a scene from the anime redone with the craft charms. The clay modeling scene.

rkbinder said:
You know I am really proud that nobody has made the obvious Mothers Bounty or Naughty Lotus style joke in this thread.

Lets just make sure a certain queen doesn't learn laughing wound style.

I think that learning some more magic might be a good idea, as we could tech Asia (who was a natural as a bishop in the og story line) as well as increase our non-damaging utility.

Also I want to see a scene from the anime redone with the craft charms. The clay modeling scene.

damn it rk, now someone will.

Alexander said:
Kinglugia made a good point: namely, what if I want a spell to damage the target multiple times? So now we're going to add adequate components.

Depending on how the fluff works model it as a environmental hazard or as a poison.

I am awake again.

First, I thought of a way to balance the Claws/FoIT thing:

Boosted Gear

Being a Form Weapon, Issei can use FoIT with it equipped, but not without. Fair?

----

EternitynChaos made an interesting proposal: Knacks to modify the War Form, just like Lunars can do.

"Deadly Dragoon Warrior": it's the base War Form transformation. It is called the Dragoon.

Sage Dragon Meditation
Cost: +1m, +1wp
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 4, Stamina 4, Wits 4
With Power, so to must there be control or all is lost to Ruin and Destruction. This is true with Dragons as much as it is with Men, as proven by the so called Evil Dragons. This method was created by the Dragons of the East, famed for their Control over themselves and the World.

By paying an additional mote and point of Willpower this Knack allows the user to manifest an alternate War Form, called the Sage Dragon. It is similar to the Deadly Dragoon Warrior transformation in that there sense are enhanced, and they become physically tougher (gaining the effects of the scale mutation and all bonuses to them, if not the physical scales themselves), but the character's body remain mostly human: the scales recede and compress, forming an armor-like protection (customizable by the player) with clawed hands and feet; the wings become two big spikes, but the character can still fly as if he had wings, represented by wind current carrying his body through the air; he acquires horns on his head, and his ear become dragon-like.

breath_of_fire_v___ryu_by_haouform-d4dzylu.jpg

434587_1272910443773_full.jpg

void_ogre_dragon_girl_by_dragonnegro111-d6dyrm8.jpg

(Those are possible examples)

The Sage Dragon gains the follows physical boosts (that replace the ones from the Dragoon): Perception/2 to Strength, Intelligence/2 to Stamina and (Essence+Wits)/2 to Dexterity. This form allows the character to use a Form-type Charm as if he is completely human, but he may have only one Form-type Charm active at any time,, even if special effects allow him to have more than one at the same time.

----

Other ideas include:

A "Dragon Emperor Shintai", who grants all the bonus of (present and not) Dragoon Knack and variants of it (even watched Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken?);

Variants of the Dragon's Breath, where you can use different elements and switch Stats used for another. I was said D&D Dragons are a good reference, but I am not very knowledgeable;

Elements Control Powers, similar to Exalted Elemental.

You know, its surprising how the dragon form, from Breath of Fire 5 is close in resemblance to Issei.

Alexander said:
A "Dragon Emperor Shintai", who grants all the bonus of (present and not) Dragoon Knack and variants of it (even watched Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken?);
No. Explanation?

BFldyq said:
Gladly. It's a manga inspired by the Dragon Quest games, and one of the most well sold manga of all times.

A Dragon Knight is a unique being described in the manga: defined a fusion of Demon, Dragon and Human. It has Strength and Wisdom of Dragons, Magic Power of Demon and Form and Heart of Human.

The powers are mostly cliché: powerful spells, fusion of spells and swordplay (I think it's called Spell Blade or something in FF), and Dragon Aura that works as Force Shield and weapons enhanced. Also Beam of Doom.

The final form is called Ryuumajin:

dragon-quest-dai-no-daiboken-358753.jpg

And it's as badass as it looks.

In short, Issei's Dragon Build should be made purely for battle, to differentiate it from Solar Build.

Alexander said:
Gladly. It's a manga inspired by the Dragon Quest games, and one of the most well sold manga of all times.

A Dragon Knight is a unique being described in the manga: defined a fusion of Demon, Dragon and Human. It has Strength and Wisdom of Dragons, Magic Power of Demon and Form and Heart of Human.

The powers are mostly cliché: powerful spells, fusion of spells and swordplay (I think it's called Spell Blade or something in FF), and Dragon Aura that works as Force Shield and weapons enhanced. Also Beam of Doom.

The final form is called Ryuumajin:

dragon-quest-dai-no-daiboken-358753.jpg

And it's as badass as it looks.

In short, Issei's Dragon Build should be made purely for battle, to differentiate it from Solar Build.

Dragon Swag continuing to be as awesome as Glorious Solar Bullshit. 8)

Alex are you going to move your spacebattles stuff to SV since it appears to be dying?

it makes a copy of your stuff on SV. And you won't find it right away nightblade they move stuff by blocks. It'll be there in around a day.

nightblade said:
Alex are you going to move your spacebattles stuff to SV since it appears to be dying?
They're still downloading I think.

Anyway, Western Dragon version:

Savage Dragon Focus
Cost: +1m, +1wp
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 4, Stamina 4, Strength 4
When blood runs too hot, many dragons willingly give themselves up to their violent Passions. Many Evil Dragons began their fall with this Knack.

By paying an additional mote and point of Willpower this Knack allows the user to manifest an alternate War Form, called the Savage Dragon. It is similar to the Deadly Dragoon Warrior transformation in that there sense are enhanced, and they become physically tougher (gaining the effects of the scale mutation and all bonuses to them, if not the physical scales themselves), but the character's body becomes even more dragon-like and fearsome, resembling more a dragon that learned to stand upright than a hybrid of dragon and human. The new form is customizable by the player, but must be clearly inhumane.

Bof1-meta01.jpg

(This is a possible example)

The Savage Dragon gains the follows physical boosts (that replace the ones from the Dragoon): add Essence to Strength, Soak and Hardness. This form is incompatible to all Martial Arts that forbid the use of inhuman body patterns. The user also gains a menacing aura, forcing all characters trying to attack him to make a Valor roll sets at Difficulty 1 at the start of their turn: failure impose a -2 penalty to all their rolls until the DV refresh.

Awesome Quest, I do like Exalted and DXD.

MerelysSoul said:
Awesome Quest, I do like Exalted and DXD.
Welcome to QQ and my quest! 8)

I'v been thinking, maybe Sage Dragon Meditation and Savage Dragon Focus works better as Charms?

Soon I will post ideas for the following Dragon Charm:

-Improving Dragon Scale: to increase Soak and other effects.
-Elemental Resistance: to gradually become immune to things like fire and other elements.

Alexander said:

I'v been thinking, maybe Sage Dragon Meditation and Savage Dragon Focus works better as Charms?

-Elemental Resistance: to gradually become immune to things like fire and other elements.

Thank you

And for the ideas, those sound good. Don't know much about Exalted Mechanics, more on the whole lore and world thing.

You know, I wonder how hidden the supernatural in the verse is.
Do martial artists know about it? What about the government?
There's simply so many different elements(Kenichi, DxD, Youkai, etc.) that I have trouble believing they could pass unnoticed, even with communities dedicated to the cover-ups.

Alexander said:

Morning All

Yeah, they do seem to work better as charms, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the charms we can learn from Ddraig are like ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back