• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

that savage dragon focus is gonna be lulzy when issei pulls it out.

oh no the heavenly dragon has turned into an evil dragon all is lost XD

New version:

Sage Dragon Meditation
Cost: +1m, +1wp
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 4
With Power, so to must there be Control or all is lost to Ruin and Destruction. This is true with Dragons as much as it is with Men, as proven by the so-called Evil Dragons. This Charm was created by the Dragons of the East, famed for their control over themselves and the World.

By paying an additional mote and point of Willpower this Charm allows the user to manifest an alternate War Form, called the Sage Dragon. It is similar to the Deadly Dragoon Warrior transformation in that there sense are enhanced, and they become physically tougher (gaining the effects of the scale mutation and all bonuses to them, if not the physical scales themselves), but the character's body remain mostly human: the scales recede and compress, forming an armor-like protection (customizable by the player) with clawed hands and feet; the wings become two big spikes, but the character can still fly as if he had wings, represented by wind current carrying his body through the air; he acquires horns on his head, and his ear become dragon-like; his tail disappear.

breath_of_fire_v___ryu_by_haouform-d4dzylu.jpg

434587_1272910443773_full.jpg

void_ogre_dragon_girl_by_dragonnegro111-d6dyrm8.jpg

(Those are possible examples)

The Sage Dragon gains the follows physical boosts (that replace the ones from the Dragoon): Intelligence/2, rounded down, to Strength and Stamina and (Essence+Wits)/2, rounded down, to Dexterity. This form allows the character to use a Form-type Charm as if he is completely human, but he may have only one Form-type Charm active at any time,, even if special effects allow him to have more than one at the same time.

Savage Dragon Focus
Cost: +1m, +1wp
Prerequisites: "Deadly Dragoon Warrior", Essence 4
When blood runs too hot, many Dragons willingly give themselves up to their violent Passions. Many Evil Dragons began their fall from sanity with this Charm.

By paying an additional mote and point of Willpower this Charm allows the user to manifest an alternate War Form, called the Savage Dragon. It is similar to the Deadly Dragoon Warrior transformation in that there sense are enhanced, and they become physically tougher (gaining the effects of the scale mutation and all bonuses to them, if not the physical scales themselves), but the character's body becomes even more dragon-like and fearsome, resembling more a dragon that learned to stand upright than a hybrid of dragon and human. The new form is customizable by the player, that can other miscellaneous mutations after discussing it with the Storyteller, but must be clearly inhumane.

Bof1-meta01.jpg

(This is a possible example)

The Savage Dragon gains the follows physical boosts (that replace the ones from the Dragoon): add Essence to Strength, Soak and Hardness. This form is incompatible to all Martial Arts that forbid the use of inhuman body patterns. The user also gains a menacing aura, forcing all characters trying to attack him to make a Valor roll sets at Difficulty 1 at the start of their turn: failure impose a -2 penalty to all their rolls until the DV refresh.

Unelemental said:
You know, I wonder how hidden the supernatural in the verse is.
Do martial artists know about it? What about the government?
There's simply so many different elements(Kenichi, DxD, Youkai, etc.) that I have trouble believing they could pass unnoticed, even with communities dedicated to the cover-ups.
Oh yes, there are many non-magical in the know.

They (almost) all agree it's best to keep everything a secret.
The Slumbering Crocodile said:
I'm curious as to what you think of the spells I made:
Sorry, doing it now:

Telepunt: it requires a way for the target, if animate, to resist the spell.
After Image: okay.
After Image Ally: okay (do I see Worm in it?).
After Image Bomb: okay.
After Image "Bomb": okay.
Scan: need a way for the target to resist, or some conditions that need to be meet.
The Sun King Cometh: okay 8).
Shut Up!: need a way for the target to resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:
Sorry, doing it now:

Telepunt: it requires a way for the target, if animate, to resist the spell.
After Image: okay.
After Image Ally: okay (do I see Worm in it?).
After Image Bomb: okay.
After Image "Bomb": okay.
Scan: need a way for the target to resist, or some conditions that need to be meet.
The Sun King Cometh: okay 8).
Shut Up!: need a way for the target to resist.

Fair enough for the resistances; I'll look into it when I have access to my books again. As for the Worm thing: It wasn't deliberate, but I can see the connection. I've actually been thinking about creating spells that emulate Endbringer abilities:

Simurgh's Song: I've been considering a thinking that the best way for this to work would be a continually-reapplied Suggestion spell for as long as targets are in range. The individual Suggestions would be easy to resist, but as time passes they erode your ability to resist until you get a bunch of suggestions implanted in you. Not like "Kill the President" suggestions, mind, but smaller things, like "Remember when your best friend took your favorite doll? Don't you hate him for that?" but applied over and over in a dozen or hundred different ways.

Hydrokinesis: Even more difficult, because it's continuous control over a fluid. Doable with Matter 4 or 5 in Mage, not really sure how to make it work here. I suppose the water-shadow thing might be feasible, though.

Herokiller: Easy enough, a mid-range target other spell that has antimagic and does a crapton of fire damage. You don't need to aim spells (at last, I don't see anything in the rules you posted), so you can just set them on fire from afar.

Insane Idea:

Could Issei use BG on his Charms?

Ex, use Boost to increase the effectiveness of his Irresistible Salesman Spirit at the cost of motes.

...Boost Dosn't Work Like That In This Quest, No, Bad Monkey, No Devide By Zero, No Destroy Creation, God Damn it, This is why we don't get nice things >.<

on a more serious note, Issei's exaltaion overloaded Boosted Gear so its not doing the double anything it does in the mainline here

EternitynChaos said:
...Boost Dosn't Work Like That In This Quest, No, Bad Monkey, No Devide By Zero, No Destroy Creation, God Damn it, This is why we don't get nice things >.<

on a more serious note, Issei's exaltaion overloaded Boosted Gear so its not doing the double anything it does in the mainline here

Ah, ok. Thanks. Well there goes my idea of using Boost with charms to epicly destroy certain people in DxD.

Impervious Scales Legend
Cost: 1m per 2L/2B soak
Prerequisites: "Dragon Body Hybrid", "Natural Born Armor"
Dragons laugh at the courage of heroes when they display a weapon capable of harming them. They laugh harder at their despair when the weapon utterly fail to harm them. Each mote spent increases the character's Bashing and Lethal soak by two. The number of motes spent cannot exceed the
character's Essence. This Charm is incompatible with any armor that isn't Dragon-Aspected.

Affinity (Element) Dominion:
Cost: 3m
Duration: Indefinite
This is actually a cluster of five separate Charms, each of which confers a different benefit and must be learned separately. No more than one version of this Charm may be active at any given time. When this Charm is in effect, the character's Scales changes color to match the element invoked.

Air
Earth
Fire
Wind
Thunder

(In progress)

ISL stack with other soak enhancers if so yumyum so much yes please /laugh Creation if we ever see it is going to hate Issei so much /laugh

MerelysSoul said:
Ah, ok. Thanks. Well there goes my idea of using Boost with charms to epicly destroy certain people in DxD.
Yeah, Issei's Exaltation is warping things so that Boosted Gear works with Exalted mechanics. Instead of doubling his power it triples the size of his energy pool and gives him a bunch of other benefits like special power-ups that wouldn't normally be available to a Solar Exalt. This war form thing is a good example.

How are the Dragon Knacks balanced against the rest of his build?
For example, what would be the requirements for a knack that lets Issei become more powerful/aware depending on the wealth he possesses? That would fit thematically with dragons.
Or is it just physical additions?

EternitynChaos said:
ISL stack with other soak enhancers if so yumyum so much yes please /laugh Creation if we ever see it is going to hate Issei so much /laugh

Yeah, I can bet that most are going to look at us and just run.

Smuthunter said:
Yeah, Issei's Exaltation is warping things so that Boosted Gear works with Exalted mechanics. Instead of doubling his power it triples the size of his energy pool and gives him a bunch of other benefits like special power-ups that wouldn't normally be available to a Solar Exalt. This war form thing is a good example.

True. Yeah, in retrospect, is a good trade. Still getting a hang of the mechanics of Exalted so I am going to ask noob questions here and there or mistakes.

Hmm, is there a chance for us to protect against anti-dragon weaponry and such using charms?

when we deal with Anti-Dragon weapons we are going to be dodging like hell and spamming perfect defence charms, which are costly, but live up to there name, someone could hit you with the sun, and if it was only for an instant that it effected you *though there are charms that work longer at higher essence levels* you would be fine

Also we probably want to learn to disarm people when they have things like anti-dragon weapons ^^;

EternitynChaos said:
Also we probably want to learn to disarm people when they have things like anti-dragon weapons ^^;
Or we could clinch them so they can't use those weapons. And if we pick up Dragon Coil Technique we can force-choke someone while fighting his friends.

MerelysSoul said:
True. Yeah, in retrospect, is a good trade. Still getting a hang of the mechanics of Exalted so I am going to ask noob questions here and there or mistakes.
That's fine, I don't mind answering any questions you might have.

Hmm, is there a chance for us to protect against anti-dragon weaponry and such using charms?
In the sense of eliminating the weakness against those weapons? Not really. Solar defenses are in the realm of dodging or parrying with superhuman skill, there's not a whole lot they could contribute to eliminating a weakness that traditional Solars aren't supposed to have in the first place.

...Speaking of Worm, I am bored again:
Fallen Angel Magic
[Superior Oni-Lee Strategy] Range: Originates from you, 33 yards (8 ). Duration: Instant, Trigger [User teleports away/not in blast radius], Single Action (0). Area: 6 yards radius sphere (11). Conjure: Appropriate materials through Energy component, Non-solid minion, Lesser Minion (28). Damage: 12 Lethal (36). Illusion: Medium size, scripted (9). Metaspell: Silent, Still, Reflexive, Antimagic (24). Movement: Single Medium Target (1). Energy: Wind + Fire (2). Components: 119. Rank 4 spell.

Description: During the time Issei was reading a curious Web-novel by the name of Worm, he came across an interesting supervillian known as Oni-Lee, known for his ability to create kamikaze clones. After his Exaltation, he made a variant of it that teleports him away up to 33 yards away which leaves an illusive clone in its place, detonating itself upon the user's teleportation through a gesture that turns an area within 6 yards into a devastating firestorm which also has anti-magic effects.

Edit: Yeah, I know, Kenta would be a better, more interesting choice, but I prefer to have the Oni Lee first because his is simpler to do.

EternitynChaos said:
when we deal with Anti-Dragon weapons we are going to be dodging like hell and spamming perfect defence charms, which are costly, but live up to there name, someone could hit you with the sun, and if it was only for an instant that it effected you *though there are charms that work longer at higher essence levels* you would be fine

Eler0 said:
Or we could clinch them so they can't use those weapons. And if we pick up Dragon Coil Technique we can force-choke someone while fighting his friends.

So we do have protection (somewhat) just not Tanking Wise, gotcha.

Smuthunter said:
That's fine, I don't mind answering any questions you might have.
In the sense of eliminating the weakness against those weapons? Not really. Solar defenses are in the realm of dodging or parrying with superhuman skill, there's not a whole lot they could contribute to eliminating a weakness that traditional Solars aren't supposed to have in the first place.

Thanks, I would most likely need it.

We aren't the traditional solar so this is going to be fun.

We can scare the heck out of people by looking like we've taken a hit from a Anti-Dragon weapon and just shrugged it off, Adamant Skin is a Perfect Soak charm, rather then a Perfect Parry or Perfect Dodge, which means you tank the hit but take no damage at all ^^ the dropped jaws and stunned looks after tanking a hit from some Anti-Dragon Sacred Gear should be awesome

MerelysSoul said:
Sorry, but I need to keep things in Theme with Exalted, so it was necessary to remove the canon BG altogether.
EternitynChaos said:
Unelemental said:
How are the Dragon Knacks balanced against the rest of his build?
For example, what would be the requirements for a knack that lets Issei become more powerful/aware depending on the wealth he possesses? That would fit thematically with dragons.
Or is it just physical additions?
Yeah, I will need to balance them, or keeping them to a minimum.

Nope, that's an interesting idea. Until now I went with physical additions because that's how DxD roll, but I am open to suggestions.

Once again no post today. Sorry. However I leave you with an interesting news: a new NSFW is coming ;) . Guess who?

EternitynChaos said:
We can scare the heck out of people by looking like we've taken a hit from a Anti-Dragon weapon and just shrugged it off, Adamant Skin is a Perfect Soak charm, rather then a Perfect Parry or Perfect Dodge, which means you tank the hit but take no damage at all ^^ the dropped jaws and stunned looks after tanking a hit from some Anti-Dragon Sacred Gear should be awesome

XD I can imagine.

Hero Faction uses [Anti-Dragon Weaponry]

Issei takes the hit.... Nothing happens.

Cao Cao: That's inconceivable! He is beyond our anti-dragon weaponry...

Rias: *sips her tea calmly* Should have known he could do that.

EternitynChaos said:

Oh you think that's bad.

Once we're hit with Samael's poison Ophis is going to give us part of hers and GR's essence to save us. Only the mixture of our exaltion and the essence of the Dragin God and True Red Dragon God emperor is going to make us ascend to the level of a god and become the Cosmic Dragon Supremacy embodided.

Cao Cao. You not only survived the dragon eater but used the opportunity to become a GOD using the powers of the two strongest dragons in existence. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!

Dohna (bored look) Eh. After you know him for awhile you get used to him pulling things that should be completely impossible. Honestly we had a betting pool on how long it'd take for something like this to happen.

Nods from the rest of our friends and allies in agreement and a bit of grumbling as money exchanges several hands.

Alexander said:
Once again no post today. Sorry. However I leave you with an interesting news: a new NSFW is coming ;) . Guess who?
No points for guessing that the future looks very very red.

Diller said:
Oh you think that's bad.

Once we're hit with Samael's poison Ophis is going to give us part of hers and GR's essence to save us. Only the mixture of our exaltion and the essence of the Dragin God and True Red Dragon God emperor is going to make us ascend to the level of a god and become the Cosmic Dragon Supremacy embodided.

Cao Cao. You not only survived the dragon eater but used the opportunity to become a GOD using the powers of the two strongest dragons in existence. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!

Dohna (bored look) Eh. After you know him for awhile you get used to him pulling things that should be completely impossible. Honestly we had a betting pool on how long it'd take for something like this to happen.

Nods from the rest of our friends and allies in agreement and a bit of grumbling as money exchanges several hands.

But wouldn't that make us a humaniod dragon and thus not human meaning no exalt? ???

it's the soul not the body that the Exaltation cares about, otherwise things like Queen Ku'tulu wouldn't have been possible

EternitynChaos said:
it's the soul not the body that the Exaltation cares about, otherwise things like Queen Ku'tulu wouldn't have been possible

Queen What-now?

Diller said:
our version of becoming a devil tiger. So we still essentially an exalt.

Haven't gone into Infernals that much so don't know what that means?

Unelemental said:
True.
Though I'm privately rooting for Eiko.
*sad* Eiko doesn't get enough love.

Rias or Eiko were my guesses as well. Though I'm leaning to Eiko because your right she doesn't get enough love and her recording our convo with Raiser was a big help for us.We should show her how much we truly appreciate her efforts.

Queen K'Tulu or whatever the hell her name was, First Age Solar who basicly turned herself into a Tentacle Thing and started using Kimbery Charms when the Solar Excellency didn't work right with her new form *To close to the Yozi* super crazy lady, so just another day in the first age really /laugh

EternitynChaos said:
Queen K'Tulu or whatever the hell her name was, First Age Solar who basicly turned herself into a Tentacle Thing and started using Kimbery Charms when the Solar Excellency didn't work right with her new form *To close to the Yozi* super crazy lady, so just another day in the first age really /laugh

Ah, I see. That certainly helps.

Hmm, would it work... Nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back