• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Just a random thought that I want to get out.

So, for those who have the rulebook for Infernals, the entry of (Yozi) Mythos Exultant for the Ebon Dragon says:

"The Shadow of All Things is an unstoppable force of antagonism. Unlike the permutations of other Yozis, the Ebon Dragon's version of this Charm may enhance the stunt itself rather than its reward, converting the bonus dice into bonus successes. If the stunt succeeds, the character has already reaped the rewards of his dark glory and gains nothing further."

Leaving aside how usually EB gives penalty to others, not enhance himself, would the same effect, "making bonus dice into bonus successes", also being an appropriate effect for an hypothetical "Radiant Dragon Mythos Exultant" who is based on Supremacy, and thus succeeding at something?

Alternatively, the reward may be giving others identical benefits of the Stunt.

Of course, it may be that I am doing it wrong by searching an opposite effect to EB because in my view I see the Radiant Dragon as the complete opposite of the Ebon Dragon (even more than the UCS: instead of Paragon of Virtue, a Paragon of Abilities or something). If so tell me.

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
You can't use Solar charms (or other splat charms, in the case of Eclipses) without a Solar Exaltation.

You mean like the one that's currently sitting in the soul she's living next to, while it may not be her Exaltation anymore, it may be enough to let her emulate its effects, besides which in the end its up to Alexander what she can and can't do /shrug so why worry, its not like we have any reason to even think about this sort of thing in character, in fact its pretty damn out of character for Issei to think badly of a pretty woman, particularly one who has been going out of her way to help him and keep him alive, even if she is a harsh task mistress /laugh

On the whole thing with being even more Opposite to Ebby thing, that's kinda hilarious, and it would fit that a lot of there tricks would be similar in effect but different in thematics and weaknesses

Noooo, Solars can't do that. They can get certain thematic ghost charms -- "Arcanoi", I think they're called -- that reflects some of their abilities in life, but they're not as powerful, only as powerful or less than Spirit charms. You can't use Solar charms (or other splat charms, in the case of Eclipses) without a Solar Exaltation.

Well she is right next to a Solar Exaltation, that might be enough for her to do something.

touhou ranfuku said:
Then we have to get to Dimensional Gap first, or assaulting the Khaos Brigade and steal Ophis from them. Both would need time and more power to do so.

Let's also not forget getting the attention of A) a being known for not giving a shit about basically anything and. b) another being who only cares about kicking previously mentioned being out of their home.

Thankfully our combined dragon swag and solar bullshit means this will be easier then expected but it's still not a walk in the park.

Plus we won't even think to absorb their essence. Cosmic Dragon will only happen because we're literally dying and Ophis is by then already attached to us and trying to save our life.

[X] Activate Boosted Gear, Fists of Iron, Fist of the Daystar Form, Orichalcum Fists of Battle and Monkey Leap Technique. From Personal motes
--[X] With little more then a thought hard earned reflexes come to the fore and you slip into your combat stance as essence pools around your fists and body, stone shatters as you propel yourself into the air, deftly manoeuvring your body around one of the lumbering strikes of your target as you fly towards it, fist cocked and blazing with power, you drive your hand into the youkai's face, using the momentum to flip yourself away from the returning arm, and giving yourself time to take a quick glance around the battlefield and see how your companions are doing before landing on your feet once more.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Activate Boosted Gear, Fists of Iron, Fist of the Daystar Form, Orichalcum Fists of Battle and Monkey Leap Technique. From Personal motes
--[X] With little more then a thought hard earned reflexes come to the fore and you slip into your combat stance as essence pools around your fists and body, stone shatters as you propel yourself into the air, deftly manoeuvring your body around one of the lumbering strikes of your target as you fly towards it, fist cocked and blazing with power, you drive your hand into the youkai's face, using the momentum to flip yourself away from the returning arm, and giving yourself time to take a quick glance around the battlefield and see how your companions are doing before landing on your feet once more.

Introspective Tinkerer said:
Well she is right next to a Solar Exaltation, that might be enough for her to do something.
Hmm, yeah, alright, fair enough. There is even some precedent for it -- Infernals with high Past Life sometimes get taken over by their Past Lives, who are then able to use their Charms.

Hmm, yeah, alright, fair enough. There is even some precedent for it -- Infernals with high Past Life sometimes get taken over by their Past Lives, who are then able to use their Charms.

Bright does have the ability to temporarily take over our body if we allow it.

just did the math... with all this, without any excellency's we are rolling 18 dice before the stunt /laugh holy fuck we are so unfair /laugh Compassion 5 and things that take advantage of it for the win I guess

Alexander said:
Just a random thought that I want to get out.

So, for those who have the rulebook for Infernals, the entry of (Yozi) Mythos Exultant for the Ebon Dragon says:

"The Shadow of All Things is an unstoppable force of antagonism. Unlike the permutations of other Yozis, the Ebon Dragon's version of this Charm may enhance the stunt itself rather than its reward, converting the bonus dice into bonus successes. If the stunt succeeds, the character has already reaped the rewards of his dark glory and gains nothing further."

Leaving aside how usually EB gives penalty to others, not enhance himself, would the same effect, "making bonus dice into bonus successes", also being an appropriate effect for an hypothetical "Radiant Dragon Mythos Exultant" who is based on Supremacy, and thus succeeding at something?

Alternatively, the reward may be giving others identical benefits of the Stunt.

Of course, it may be that I am doing it wrong by searching an opposite effect to EB because in my view I see the Radiant Dragon as the complete opposite of the Ebon Dragon (even more than the UCS: instead of Paragon of Virtue, a Paragon of Abilities or something). If so tell me.

that'll be appropriate a dragon that enhances himself or others vs a dragon the weakens others. Do it!

noahgab1133 said:
that'll be appropriate a dragon that enhances himself or others vs a dragon the weakens others. Do it!
Maybe it's conditional? Like, if you're alone it's bonus successes, but if there is an ally near you have to choose the "others receive the same reward" thing? This playing on the "Compassion" part of the Radiant Dragon, that view aiding those he care about as a fundamental part of himself.

You know considering how Creation is, how many things do you think are going to try to sleep with us when we get there?

Speaking of Exalted, how do you think Solaire would handle being a Solar?

Introspective Tinkerer said:
You know considering how Creation is, how many things do you think are going to try to sleep with us when we get there?

Speaking of Exalted, how do you think Solaire would handle being a Solar?
Who?

nightblade said:
Is there a reason Rias isn't on our intimacies list.
She's lumped in with the rest under the Occult Club intimacy that we gained sometime around the fight with Eiko.

nightblade said:
Is there a reason Rias isn't on our intimacies list.
I'm going to add it.

On the other hand, is this a suitable entrance for Issei when he comes into the Underworld to defeat Annihilation Maker's monsters?

The_Sun_Dragon_by_TwilightSaint.png

I, HAVE COME TO DELIVER JUDGMENT

(You can't see them, but Ophis and Great Red are standing on his shoulders.

Alexander said:
I'm going to add it.

On the other hand, is this a suitable entrance for Issei when he comes into the Underworld to defeat Annihilation Maker's monsters?

The_Sun_Dragon_by_TwilightSaint.png

Do we get to hold a large tract of land in our hand like a toy because we're so large?

Alexander said:
I'm going to add it.

snip

That seems kind of excessive. Great Red is pretty goddamned huge. How big are we supposed to be in comparison, the size of a moon?

Smuthunter said:
That seems kind of excessive. Great Red is pretty goddamned huge. How big are we supposed to be in comparison, the size of a moon?
Great Red is a massive red Western Dragon with a horn on its snout. His overall length measures around 100 meters
Our length is measure in miles.

Smuthunter said:
So are you homebrewing a world-body charm for the devil-tigers? Because they don't have one by default. The closest they get are shintai charms.
This is of course all hypothetical for now. Since we are a lot of volumes away from that and who know what will happen until then.

But "world-body"? ...That's an interesting concept *grin*

Smuthunter said:
So are you homebrewing a world-body charm for the devil-tigers? Because they don't have one by default. The closest they get are shintai charms.

Maybe we can work it into the King piece when we put together our chess set? Or it could be worked into our warform stuff, higher essence knacks boosting our size by degrees of magnitude.

Also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_chess_piece

I found this looking at Ria's information, I find it intresting and amusing...

Alexander said:
This is of course all hypothetical for now. Since we are a lot of volumes away from that and who know what will happen until then.

But "world-body"? ...That's an interesting concept *grin*
That's the term for the fuck-huge forms that the yozis take, the charms that describe their physical structure and health levels and stuff. The Demon City that is Malfeas with all its streets and districts, the crystal spheres of She Who Lives In Her Name, the mobile boar-shaped black hole that is Isidoros, etc. Devil-Tigers don't currently have charms that let them assume monstrously inhuman forms like this on a permanent basis -- instead they get Spirit of the Inner World or whatever it is, the one that lets them make a separate world inside their soul.

I would have thought you would have used the artist other sun dragon image he has like 3 XD

the_hypergiant_star_dragon_by_twilightsaint-d5j9yea.jpg

the_first_obelisk_by_spaceweaver-d4fx83x.jpg
for a more regal look XD

and can't go wrong with genzoman, if we are going super large dragon.
Golden_Dragon_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

Golden_dragon_departure_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
World body charm sounds interesting. Perhaps something that like ignoring space all together and affecting perception?

and that fairy chess sounds interesting.

Smuthunter said:
That's the term for the fuck-huge forms that the yozis take, the charms that describe their physical structure and health levels and stuff. The Demon City that is Malfeas with all its streets and districts, the crystal spheres of She Who Lives In Her Name, the mobile boar-shaped black hole that is Isidoros, etc. Devil-Tigers don't currently have charms that let them assume monstrously inhuman forms like this on a permanent basis -- instead they get Spirit of the Inner World or whatever it is, the one that lets them make a separate world inside their soul.
Oh, I know.

But check this thing I just found out: http://ruscumag.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/exalted-solar-world-body-charms-part-i/

I read it and find it hilarious, also because I think the Essence and Ability requirement are too low.

I would rather Issei be able to turn into a giant ass dragon then be stuck in that form forever. I mean how else is he going to get laid. Dude needs to be able to be human. Also I hope the supermecy thing won't force him to be dominate over people. Cause I would rather him still treat people as people.

nightblade said:
I would rather Issei be able to turn into a giant ass dragon then be stuck in that form forever. I mean how else is he going to get laid. Dude needs to be able to be human. Also I hope the supermecy thing won't force him to be dominate over people. Cause I would rather him still treat people as people.

All it would mean is he has to prove that he is the best, he doesn't have to dominate people, just make sure they know he is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back