• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Regarding the Mil-tan discussion, some good points have been made. Personally I thought it was a little OOC considering Issei has compassion 5 (though maybe that's mostly targeted at girls). But I'm pretty sure Alexander meant it as a joke and it got me to chuckle at least and I can totally see that happening in an anime.

If the mysterious organization is Yami I will be happy because I am a fan crossovers and HSDK needs more love. If we do get Miu to like us we'll have to deal with her Invincible Superman of a grandfather, which should be fun.

And thanks for the welcome Alexander, awesome quest!

Introducing three new threats/quest lines (youkai organizations, disappearing empowered humans, and Yami) in a single update and from a single source seems on the verge of introducing too many simultaneous plotlines. I'll leave it at that as I have reasonable confidence in your storytelling, but this kind of thing taken too far has ruined quests before.

Also, I'll again offer my services as an English beta.

Fellgar said:
Oh and the mysterious group of mundane people that stretch across the planet with their enemies centered in Japan is clearly the assassin organization from Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi. Its been referenced before in this quest actually, ?Ragnorock? is a minor training organization they set up along with quite a few others across the planet. And I mean minor as in they are training minors to be lethal assassins. They don't start off with killing in them... anyways the reason why I am bringing this up. I want to enter the plotline before ?Ragnorock? gets hit by the good guys so we can enter into a tournament from that story line. It should be a nice quick way to make a bunch of experience in a very short amount of time.
You mean the "D of D" Tournament?

..."D of D". "DxD".

There is a hidden joke here somewhere, I am sure of it.
Fellgar said:
See my above post. We basically have confirmation at this point given how many clues have popped up, and I am estatic about that. Its a great series and I look forward to issies reaction to that one specific master. You know the one.
No, which one? All Masters are gold mines of hilarities.
Human8130 said:
Regarding the Mil-tan discussion, some good points have been made. Personally I thought it was a little OOC considering Issei has compassion 5 (though maybe that's mostly targeted at girls). But I'm pretty sure Alexander meant it as a joke and it got me to chuckle at least and I can totally see that happening in an anime.
It's a joke. I mean, it's a joke for Ddraig who is an old troll, while Issei seriously believes Ddraig knows what he's doing.
Indrik said:
Introducing three new threats/quest lines (youkai organizations, disappearing empowered humans, and Yami) in a single update and from a single source seems on the verge of introducing too many simultaneous plotlines. I'll leave it at that as I have reasonable confidence in your storytelling, but this kind of thing taken too far has ruined quests before.
I understand your concerns, but I didn't have much choice. Those things were going on for a while before, all at the same time. Kaoru told Issei of all of them because they seriously need help. And they're not exactly separate, so talking of many simultaneous plotlines isn't exactly right.

Also, I'll again offer my services as an English beta.
Thanks for the offer. I'm doing it myself at the moment, when I am done I will contact you again if you want to see if I missed something.

Loved Eiko in this snippet , as well as the prank on Matsuda and Motohama. Somehow I am always unable to muster any sympathies for those two.

Hmm , so the mysterious group of mundane people is from HSDK , then? It's a cool series , but when I read that part I was hoping it would be Abstergo Industries.

The group that is kidnapping people , are they Khaos Brigrade , or yet another crossover element?

And as for the youkai clans , it's a Nurarihyon reference , unless I am very off-base. Fun things await us if the DxD Kyoto arc coincides with that verse's Kyoto arc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandark said:
Loved Eiko in this snippet , as well as the prank on Matsuda and Motohama. Somehow I am always unable to muster any sympathies for those two.

Hmm , so the mysterious group of mundane people is from HSDK , then? It's a cool series , but when I read that part I was hoping it would be Abstergo Industries.

The group that is kidnapping people , are they Khaos Brigrade , or yet another crossover element?

And as for the youkai clans , it's a Nurarihyon reference , unless I am very off-base. Fun things await us if the DxD Kyoto arc coincides with that verse's Kyoto arc

Khaos Bridgade specifically Hero Faction. Their know for brainwashing their members to join them if they have to and are big on gathering talented and powerful humans,

So don't be surprised if they eventually come to get us to join them in the future.

to the People wanting to waste charms getting the silly counter spell charm from Occult, it would be cheaper and more cost effective just to get the Terrestrial Initiation Charm, and The Counter Spell. Not only that, but unless we teach someone else Sorcery one big thing going for it is there is no one around who can counter it, and for those worried about it being weak compared to DxD Magic, I wouldn't be shocked if Alexander did what I tend to do and up the power of the spells outlined in the various books.

Also, I don't see Bright sitting silently if we ignored her Big thing, other then crafting, and for those worried about summoning Demons, If they are able to get here they will, whether we summon them or not will not have much effect at all, and simply put Demons are to damn useful to ignore, just the crafting ones 1st and 2nd circle are awesome.

But that's just my view on things, even if we don't touch anything other then the counter spell its cheaper to get it then to go through filler charms for the Counter-spell Charm. and if we want a CS Charm, then just wait until we learn the SMA available to us, it has a much better version.

Diller said:
Khaos Bridgade specifically Hero Faction. Their know for brainwashing their members to join them if they have to and are big on gathering talented and powerful humans,

So don't be surprised if they eventually come to get us to join them in the future.

You know what the best part is ? We have Charms that can undo that kind of brainwashing. The Khaos Brigade is going to want us dead dead DEAD.

Knacks votes so far:

Child of Mother Earth
noahgab1133, Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos, Indrik

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
Diller, noahgab1133, Brandark

Dragon's Breath
noahgab1133

Dragon Body Hybrid
noahgab1133, codeRR, Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos, Indrik, megrisvernin

Dragon's Might Technique
Diller, noahgab1133, codeRR,
-[X] Three -2 health levels
Eler0, EternitynChaos

X2
Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos

Dragon's Might Technique
- Three -2 Health Levels
Dragon's Might Technique
- Two -1 Health Levels
Indrik

Infinite Factory of Life
noahgab1133

Instincts of the Beast
noahgab1133, EternitynChaos

Iron Fortitude
Diller, codeRR, Eler0, Brandark, megrisvernin, Indrik

Predatory Focus
noahgab1133

Predator Reflexes
Diller, noahgab1133, codeRR, Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos, Indrik

Prodigious Leap and Uplifting Might
codeRR

Lightning Sprinter
Indrik
-----

I will consider valid choices those who are voted at least by seven players. In this case:

[X] Predator Reflexes

Is added to the list. As usual you can find the list of Knacks here

I'll swap my vote to

[X] Iron Fortitude
[X] Dragon Body Hybrid.

So Dragon Body Hybrid has 7 votes, making it purchased.

7 people voted for Dragon's Might Techniquex2, just diffrent versions of it, some didn't make a choice, and some wrote the same choice diffrent ways

of those that voted for health levels all but one voted for 2 purchases of 3 -2 health levels

While one votes for one of the above and 2 -1 health levels

EternitynChaos said:
7 people voted for Dragon's Might Techniquex2, just diffrent versions of it, some didn't make a choice, and some wrote the same choice diffrent ways

Yeah we need to decide what to do with it

Honestly I think anything less then 3 health levels per purchase is silly, and we can get one -1 and 2 -2 health levels with Ox Body, so really anything less then the -2 or -4 health levels is suboptimal, plus there are ways to ignore or benefit from health level penalty's.

Ymmv of course

You know what, you're right. I'll switch to three -2 HL x 2.

[X] Dragon's Might Technique x2
- [X] Three -2 Health Levels

However, given our sub-optimal starting charms and the fact that we have access to knacks, it might be better to simply focus on counteracting wound penalties rather than using a charm slot on Ox Body Technique (which many Exalted players/STs debatably think should be free anyway) when we have so many other competencies to fill.

Sorry , forgot to specify the health levels.

Heh, I will admit I've always had Ox Body free up to the lowest between Essence and Resistance when I've played, kinda like the Counter Spells I tend to give them free with the Sorcery Initiation Charm, as well as the suicide spell now that I think about it, something I picked up from one of the Exalted wiki's from memory

*nods*

Vote Switch to

[X] Iron Fortitude
[X] Dragon Body Hybrid.

Also writing a Reveal Snippet on when Issei first shows up in class looking like a bishonen. Making it part interview part annotations so it fits better in the Omake camp.

about having too much crossover materials i wouldn't worry about it. alexander is a great quest writer in my experience and if following xander quest has taught me anything is that you can have a ton of crossover stuff as long as the base material is prominent.

-[X] Three -2 Health Levels

Hextroyer413 said:
Welcome to the quest! ;)

It is decided:

Are added to the list. You have 5 Knacks left.

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
With something like this, not even bullets to the head are enough to put down Issei. Truly terrifying.

holy god Jesus........so many heath boxes!

Alexander said:
With something like this, not even bullets to the head are enough to put down Issei. Truly terrifying.

Quite right.....didn't expect THAT big of a boost to our health.....

i'm not sure how health works here, each box is a hitpoint?

so whats with the -1-2-3-4 thing?

its the penalty you take once you cross off the first box on that line.

There are charms to reduce it, and even some that swap it around so its a bonus instead.

Yep

Though I didn't expect that much of a difference. I think we can take some hits now thank the UNC

Now we just need
Iron Kettle Body
Cost: — (+4m); Mins: Resistance 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Durability of Oak Meditation
Required for Charms: Armored in Righteousness Stance, Unbroken Chain Resolve

The Lawgivers are armored in righteousness; many need no other hauberk. This Charm upgrades Durability of Oak Meditation. The Solar may pay a surcharge of four motes to increase the soak bonus of the Charm to (Essence + Stamina + Resistance) and extend its duration to one scene. He cannot do so if he is wearing armor; donning armor later immediately ends any upgraded activations of Durability of Oak Meditation.

and

Heroes Never Die
Cost: —; Mins: Resistance 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Wound-Eating Invulnerability)
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Durability of Oak Meditation
Required for Charms: None

The prerequisite's conferred Hardness raises to (Essence + 5), and it may be extended to a duration of one scene by raising the cost to (6m, 1wp).

and I will be less worried about us getting into a real fight now, what with us having all of no armour and such atm, sure some other charms would be nice, like one to keep our parry DV from being lowered, but those two would seriously help cutdown on the motes we spend in combat. once again ymmv as always

Yeah that would be quite nice but other things demand out attention for now....

What does ymmv? I am new on here so some lingo I am unfamiliar with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back