• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I know but it still don't like it. It's not even his methods I hate, it's how he acted. If I were in his position I would have taken Honoka hostage too, but I wouldn't be so gung-ho about it. It would just be a means to an end, merely business.

@iamnuff

The part about no. 20 eyes having stars in them is normal in HSDK, considering there's the archer from armed Yami has really weird eyes, her disciple also has weird eyes, too. No I'm not talking about heterochromia, google it.

You know what let's ask Alexander. Alex does Issei gain limit from hurting woman in a fight?

Finished! God, they were the worst three days of my life. Never again.

Tally please? I want to get it out before the day end and I start sleeping until the weekend. Those who wait for a response from me, please wait until tomorrow when I am back to my former self.

Alexander said:

Tally please? I want to get it out before the day end and I start sleeping until the weekend. Those who wait for a response from me, please wait until tomorrow when I am back to my former self.
You know what let's ask Alexander. Alex does Issei gain limit from hurting woman in a fight? Cause Iamnuff says he does.

My personal vote [X] Stand and watch more, maybe you will learn something important.

We have no dots in stealth.

vote count

[X] Sneak into the church, with every probability Honoka is kept inside.
EVA-Saiyajin Drakebane hunter09 cross_grave Sliver W. King nightblade iamnuff Adyen Noahgab1133 Justbrowsing Disminded Eternitychaos overmind

13 votes

[X] Stand and watch more, maybe you will learn something important.
Noctum crow Sliversun17 Smuthunter stapledex2 Unelemental hanashinobi Sol Mark-1 cronos2chaos Diller Megrisvermin kinglugia BFldyq Touhou ranfuku Walkir MerelysSoul Megaolix

17 votes

X] You are not trained at sneaking so wait for an opportunity where saving Honoka is more likely to succeed.
[X] Use charms and magic if necessary to ensure Honoka's safety and to make sure Kenichi is not killed.
hanashinobi Sol Mark-1 Cronos2chaos

3 votes

[X]Activate enhanced senses to get a better idea of who and what's around

[X]Prioritize Honoka's removal while its unlikely she will be harmed with the two masters and us present getting her to safety takes precedence over harming her captors

soul ice

1 vote

[X]Demand Honoka be released or else
-[X]You step forward lightly pulling Shirahama-kun behind you, and speak wrath palpable in a frigid tone. "My name is Hyodo Issei. You may know me as Nidhoggir. Release Honoka-san or suffer the consequences. A duel is no place for hostages."
[X]First Presence Excellency
[X]Salesman Spirit

Larekko12 cronos2chaos

2 votes

Winning plan

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sneak into the church" wins when we have zero dots in Stealth?

1400719253617.gif

Smuthunter said:
"Sneak into the church" wins when we have zero dots in Stealth?

1400719253617.gif

Oh shit I forgot we don't have any dots in stealth. Changing vote. Okay with my vote change and Megris voting it should be a tie between sneaking and waiting. Unless I missed someone I'll check.

Alexander said:

Alex. It would be nice to get confirmation that attack girls doesn't raise our limit cause Imnuff is using that as an argument against it.

nightblade said:
You know what let's ask Alexander. Alex does Issei gain limit from hurting woman in a fight?
nightblade said:
Alex. It would be nice to get confirmation that attack girls doesn't raise our limit cause Imnuff is using that as an argument against it.
Are you incapable of reading or something?

Alexander said:
Those who wait for a response from me, please wait until tomorrow when I am back to my former self.

nightblade said:
No. I just didn't notice that for some reason. I blame it on being tired as hell. Anyway your an exalted expert. Is what he saying correct?
If this conversation came up once before then I don't remember what Alex's previous answer was. By a strict reading of the rules I would say that Iamnuff is correct, however a strict reading doesn't appear to be what Alex is using, and as the storyteller he's the one who tells us when to roll for limit gain.

The trick is what does "duress" or "peril" consist of as well as what is "attractive." For example we didn't gain limit when Raynare was about to murder Asia despite the fact that Asia was in immediate danger of being harmed, nor did we gain limit when we came to save Mittelt from those pavement youkai things despite similar circumstances.

I'm not sure what exactly we got limit from when we punched out Raynare; it might have been Bright's upgrade to Boosted Gear but it might also have been punching her. If it wasn't punching her then we didn't gain limit either because Raynare was the source of someone else's peril and therefore was disqualified from being attractive, or because the scars we gave her from holy fire still hadn't healed yet and her Appearance had taken a hit as a result.

nightblade said:
You know what let's ask Alexander. Alex does Issei gain limit from hurting woman in a fight? Cause Iamnuff says he does.

Actually, no. I said we gain limit when we see "people we consider attractive" harmed, (explicitly including when we are the one doing the harming)

considering Issei is clearly heterosexual, that usually means women.

We might be able to fudge it with "she's cruel, so her PERSONALITY isn't attractive" but we should be aware that depending on issei's reaction to a character's appearance we may or may not gain limit from attacking.

and YES, we can gain limit from ourself attacking attractive people, because the limit trigger EXPLICITLY mentions that it counts if the one attacking is us.

As for when Asia was under threat, or with Mittelt and the youkai, we didn't stand around and let them be hurt, we saw that they were in danger (but still ok) and we acted to change that.

If Asia had died like in canon, we probably would have gained a fuckton of limit.

iamnuff said:
As for when Asia was under threat, or with Mittelt and the youkai, we didn't stand around and let them be hurt, we saw that they were in danger (but still ok) and we acted to change that.

If Asia had died like in canon, we probably would have gained a fuckton of limit.
My understanding of the limit rules is that the trigger condition makes you roll for limit whenever it occurs regardless of whether you do something about it. Refusing to act only comes into play when you're surpressing your virtues, which also gives you limit.

Oi Diller, you missed some votes, at least one, mine that is considering I voted to go in and get Honoka I'm a take irked by that fact

Also, sneaking in, or Hiding outside, both require stealth, which we currently suck at, we will probably have to fix that in the future

do we really have to have a high stealth score to hide from people like these? we do have a dot in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
we have no dots in Stealth, but we are Exalt, we don't take untrained penalties on stuff like this, and for this we could totally channel compassion if needs be, but eh, we will see where dice fall as it where

Eh. Going from "GLORIOUS SOLAR OUTRAGE" to standing around impotently just seems kinda sad. Worst comes to worst, they catch us a 1) attack or 2) bring out Honoka as a hostage, making it more of social combat thing as we try to convince them to let her go. In either physical or social combat, we have the advantage.

Disminded said:

Eh. Going from "GLORIOUS SOLAR OUTRAGE" to standing around impotently just seems kinda sad. Worst comes to worst, they catch us a 1) attack or 2) bring out Honoka as a hostage, making it more of social combat thing as we try to convince them to let her go. In either physical or social combat, we have the advantage.
We're not standing around impotently, we're casing the scene and looking for an opportunity to rescue the hostage. The moment Honoka shows up is the moment we dive on whoever happens to be threatening her like Batman in an Arkham game.

EternitynChaos said:
Oi Diller, you missed some votes, at least one, mine that is considering I voted to go in and get Honoka I'm a take irked by that fact

Also, sneaking in, or Hiding outside, both require stealth, which we currently suck at, we will probably have to fix that in the future

Strange I saw your name. Must have accidentally erased it while I was editing sorry.

Okay updated vote count and we're back at a tie.

Tie breaker incoming!

Let me help that tiebreak.

people are seriously voting for the "stand around doing nothing" option? right after issei mentioned that he doesn't have to sit this out because he's not a "master martial artist"?

Either write-in to join combat and help Kenichi with hermit, or go inside and try and find the hostage, don't just stand around like a lemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back