• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Coker said:
That was a very different situation.

Also I don't expect us not to hurt him I just don't want us going to far which I feel like a lot of people are activating. Braking every bone in his body is going way to far especially for a normal human.
This is what I want Issei's retaliation to be:

"Take this message back to Odin: if this is how you use the martial arts, then I'm going to take them away from you."

And then we break enough bones to ensure he can't ever throw a punch again. If you want to have mercy on scum that doesn't deserve it then that's fine, but your opinion is only worth something if it gets more votes than the other guy.

I dont think that situation is different. Raynere was planning to kill asia for her sacred gear and issei crushed her before she could even lay a finger on her. in this case we have loki threatening a CHILD with a knife to her throat, and if you haven't seen many crime dramas or shows or even documentaries hostage situations get ugly fast. like i said before in canon she got hurt struggling to get free luckily it was just her shoulder. Most people even law enforcement won't think twice to ending people like that if they have the opportunity and means to do so. but your views probably won't change with this so I am ending my argument here.

and smut i fully agree to that! it will teach them a listen and not permanently keep them out of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey can we try intimidating him and demanding Honoka before the fight happens? We're not a very good sneak but we are intimidating and socially puissant.

[X]Demand Honoka be released or else
-[X]You step forward lightly pulling Shirahama-kun behind you, and speak wrath palpable in a frigid tone. "My name is Hyodo Issei. You may know me as Nidhoggir. Release Honoka-san or suffer the consequences. A duel is no place for hostages."
[X]First Presence Excellency
[X]Salesman Spirit

[X] Sneak into the church, with every probability Honoka is kept inside.

Larekko12 said:
Hey can we try intimidating him and demanding Honoka before the fight happens? We're not a very good sneak but we are intimidating and socially puissant.

[X]Demand Honoka be released or else
-[X]You step forward lightly pulling Shirahama-kun behind you, and speak wrath palpable in a frigid tone. "My name is Hyodo Issei. You may know me as Nidhoggir. Release Honoka-san or suffer the consequences. A duel is no place for hostages."
[X]First Presence Excellency
[X]Salesman Spirit
>Loki hasn't made his appearance yet.
>We're trying not to expose ourselves as something supernatural. Let's save our personal motes for an emergency.

Smuthunter said:
This is what I want Issei's retaliation to be:

"Take this message back to Odin: if this is how you use the martial arts, then I'm going to take them away from you."

And then we break enough bones to ensure he can't ever throw a punch again. If you want to have mercy on scum that doesn't deserve it then that's fine, but your opinion is only worth something if it gets more votes than the other guy.
Actually that idea has some merit, break his arms and make him deliver a message to odin, make him an example and use him for reputation, beat him to a pulp then as he´s passing out tell him to deliver a message, that let us augment our reputation and all that.
[X] Stand and watch more, maybe you will learn something important.
Leeroy jenkins is a bad idea in a hostage situation, most of the time anyway.

This is a question I need answered for something else and I would appreciate all of your help. Say Shirou was told that he could cure a person of a cold if he blew his brains out, would he wrap his lips around the barrel with a smile or does have enough sense to not do that?

Introspective Tinkerer said:
This is a question I need answered for something else and I would appreciate all of your help. Say Shirou was told that he could cure a person of a cold if he blew his brains out, would he wrap his lips around the barrel with a smile or does have enough sense to not do that?
he has the sense not to.

Changing vote

[X] Stand and watch more, maybe you will learn something important.
[X] You are not trained at sneaking so wait for an opportunity where saving Honoka is more likely to succeed.
[X] Use charms and magic if necessary to ensure Honoka's safety and to make sure Kenichi is not killed.

Introspective Tinkerer said:

No, But If someone needed a heart transplant and Shirou was compatable then he would gladly give his own heart.

If we are talking about personal morality and combat philosophy, I'd advocate Intention over required force.

to expand on that, the two philosophies native to HSDK seem to be "Killing is always the answer" and "killing is never the answer"

I think it's pretty clear that we stand somewhere in the middle.

i see two possibilities for Issei.

"Required force" meaning "I hit them as hard as i need to, to make them go down" in this path, you would only kill if it was the only way to defeat your enemy. this is obviously closest to "the life-giving fist" because you hit people exactly as hard as you need to, never doing more.

personally I don't think this fits our nature very well. we like to go for overkill.

the other one is "matched intentions" which follows something like this.

"If you are willing to hurt people, then I will hurt you, if you are willing to maim, then I will main. If you are willing to kill, then i will respond in kind"
This is obviously closer to the "killing fist" because it's much more willing to kill people, even when you don't need to.

In this case, the former would have us beating Loki (and his assistant) up, or scaring them off, freeing the chibi then considering it done, but Loki might come back later (and has proven willing to attack people who can't defend themselves)

the latter would have us beat them up until a knife comes out or someone makes threats about "breaking" someone else (something Loki did in canon) then people start getting armes shattered or legs broken.

personally, I like the "intention" one. it feels fairer to meet people with the same intentions they show you, regardless of comparative strength.

Also, it prevents cliché scenes like someone pulling a gun, trying to shoot you, getting beat up then going after your family or something later. because pulling a gun would get a "are you really sure you want to turn this into a deathmatch?" comment, then they would be killed if they didn't back down.

Also, please note: the one holding the knife in canon wasn't Loki, it was his fangirl/Minion. Number 20

If we actually harm her, we will probably gain limit. (because she's a girl, obviously)

When we actually spot Loki (and the hostage), then I'd like to stunt closing to melee range and taking the knife (like hermit does in canon) then (assuming we choose my favoured philosophy) quietly explain "the rules", and how she really does't want to be waving lethal weapons around small children near us. To the tone of "I'm talking the time to explain this to you, because I know you don't know any better, most people wouldn't get a warning, be grateful."

Stunt it as a social attack (intimidate?), add circumstance bonuses for magically appearing right in-front of her and disarming her instantly, and #20 might even go home to rethink her life choices. maybe ditch the deadbeat Loki.

Now, by disarming (then attempting a social attack to prompt surrender) instead of outright trying to hurt her, we'd be breaking our own rules/ignoring our "combat philosophy" yeah, that's intentional, Issei seems the sort of person who'd make exceptions/ignore his own rules for a cute girl.

actually, that seems to be a running theme for HSDK, bullshitting up excuses to break your own rules. usually only the bad-guys do it, to give them an excuse to act honourably even when they aren't supposed to.

Thing is, we don't know any of that.

All we know is that someone with a glove with a number was holding a knife to an innocent bystander female kid, an forced them here.

Adyen said:
Thing is, we don't know any of that.

All we know is that someone with a glove with a number was holding a knife to an innocent bystander female kid, an forced them here.

we don't know what?

We don't need to know anything about these people to choose a combat philosophy, and we don't need to know anything about them for the stunt to work.

all we need is to wait for Loki and number 20 to show up with the hostage, then start waving a knife about.

That gives us everything we need for my stunt to be valid, which is exactly why I specified "When we spot Loki and the hostage" before going on to explain the stunt i want to use.

iamnuff said:
we don't know what?

We don't need to know anything about these people to choose a combat philosophy, and we don't need to know anything about them for the stunt to work.

all we need is to wait for Loki and number 20 to show up with the hostage, then start waving a knife about.

That gives us everything we need for my stunt to be valid, which is exactly why I specified "When we spot Loki and the hostage" before going on to explain the stunt i want to use.

Also, please note: the one holding the knife in canon wasn't Loki, it was his fangirl/Minion. Number 20

If we actually harm her, we will probably gain limit. (because she's a girl, obviously)

This. We don't know this.

I'm sorry what? We don't limit from hurting girls. We didn't limit from hurting Ranyea.

The full body cast only works if it's pure HSDK verse, remember this is a mixed of DxDverse and others? Even if we break every bones if human!Loki we can still send him to the Gremory's hospital or Sitri's hospital, they would take care of it, that if we go violent route.

We can go a "soft" route aka making them never be able to use martial arts again, IIRC there were a panda and a girl so we can go Ranma route which would make Loki harmless as a 5 years old child, or we go breaking his center (the belly button I think) like The Breaker manhwa.

Though just breaking an arm or a leg is better, remember we're not alone, the masters are watching us and I'd like to have their support in the needed time.

iamnuff said:

This. This is pure bullshit. We don't game limit from beating the crap out of chicks considering what we did to that fallen angel. The reason we gained limit was cause of boosted gear evolving and what Bright did. Heck it's mentioned why it happened as well.

Honestly, I'm all for the matched intentions thing myself, I figure it fits fairly well "I'm not black or white, I'm silver, I reflect what you show me back at you."

Because, as you said, we like our Overkill way to much for the first option.

I had honestly forgotten #20. Now considering our character, I wonder if we might get another Ascended Extra like Mittlet.

on the whole Limit thing

Trigger: the character witnesses someone attractive in peril or duress (even if the character himself is the cause of that duress).

I don't think we have to worry, a) she's not that great, b) I don't think Issei would find someone who would hold a knife to a little girl all that attractive, 3) she actively seems to dress to make herself look worse, much like Loki

Mu-Sensei said:
I had honestly forgotten #20. Now considering our character, I wonder if we might get another Ascended Extra like Mittlet.

So between NTRing your best female subordinate and breaking every of your bones which is worse?
The correct answer is both.

iamnuff said:

you realize you can tell who is or isn't holding a knife in their hand just by looking at them, right?

I mean we don't know who it is that was holding the knife short of a glove with a number. For all we know, it is Loki himself holding the knife, and until check, there's no way to know.

We also kinda forgot to double check which number it is. So it might not even be 20.

nightblade said:
This. This is pure bullshit. We don't game limit from beating the crap out of chicks considering what we did to that fallen angel. The reason we gained limit was cause of boosted gear evolving and what Bright did. Heck it's mentioned why it happened as well.

nightblade said:
I'm sorry what? We don't limit from hurting girls. We didn't limit from hurting Ranyea.

Uh,

Trigger: the character witnesses someone attractive in peril or duress (even if the character himself is the cause of that duress).

So I was wrong, it's not "cute girls" it's "attractive people" still applies.

We did bring up when we chose that Limit-break /limit trigger that attacking cute girls could give us limit. One of the people used as an example was Ranyea. We chose it anyway because it was the most IC choice.

I think Alex might have fudged that one with "Issei doesn't consider attempted murder hot" though, but considering his reaction to her angel form (both in story and in canon) he still considered her totally bone-able.

If we didn't gain limit for it, then we probably should have.

Frankly, thats what I assumed our 3 dots of limit we currently have was from, because we didn't hit our limit trigger since then (and the thing about bright makes no sense, you don't get limit from fucking with artefacts, you get it from jumping up and down on your limit trigger)

Now, we Issei might not consider threatening a small girl an attractive trait, so punching number 20's face off might be fine, or maybe it wouldn't. either way, it should be mentioned so voters know that there IS a risk of gaining limit.

Adyen said:
I mean we don't know who it is that was holding the knife short of a glove with a number. For all we know, it is Loki himself holding the knife, and until check, there's no way to know.

We also kinda forgot to double check which number it is. So it might not even be 20.

Are you talking about the hostage photograph? That was Loki.

I'm talking about spotting the one who's actually actively threatening Honoka in the upcoming fight (to force Kenichi to let himself get beaten up)

also, you misunderstood about the numbered gloves. Those are limited to "Eight Fists of Ragnarok",

Ryūto Asamiya (I , Odin)
Shougo Kitsukawa (II, Berserker)
Kaname Kugatachi (III, Freya)
Unnamed (IV, Loki)
Hibiki Kugenin (V, Seigfried)
Natsu Tanimoto (VI Hermit)
Chiaki Yūma (VII, Thor)
Kisara Nanjō (VIII, Valkyrie)

number 20 doesn't wear numbered gloves, (or use roman numerals) it's just her "name" She's not connected to the numbered gloves thing in any way beyond working for the Forth Fist.

I don't think we ever see numbers 1 -19 (unless they are Loki's body doubles?)

I expect it to be number 20 who's threatening Honoka when they come out (or we go in) because that's how it was in canon, Loki wants to do the fighting himself (he's stronger than his subordinates) so she gets to sit back with the hostage and force kenichi to play nice.

He might have his "shadow loki" team in the church this time, instead of blocking the streets trying to stop Kenichi's backup (like he did in canon) but we will know who's threatening the hostage just by applying basic observational skills to the situation.

Look for the punk holding the little girl. If he (or she) has a knife, take it away.

Problem solved.

The Stunt would work on basically any of Loki's subordinates, barring perhaps himself or hermit (who might be too fast) but I don't see Loki (who sees himself as a skilled tactician) bogging their only two decent fighters down with hostage duty, when they could be beating kenichi up instead.

That said, yes, I obviously planned that stunt in advance, using OOC knowledge. If the situation is different from canon then I'm perfectly willing to alter it to fit or discard it outright.

edit: I was super fucking wrong, there are eight "Fists" of Ragnarok, Kisara is the 8th, Loki is the 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back