• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

EternitynChaos said:
Brights view, not reality /laugh

and Yeah, that about sums it up ^^;

Ahaha I thought it was from bright's point of view.

I wonder how people would react if they learned Bright was "alive" inside Ise's head and she potentially regain a body if she becomes part of his third circle. To see a First Age Solar again especially one of Bright's Caliber and age. After all she's just dying to have a nice chat with the dragon-blood and the siddys about the whole Usurpation. Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise. >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you this much, Issei, even if he could Perma-Kill Desus/MoW wouldn't, Bright has first dibs... something he's going to be told just as the killing blow lands, that year and a day under his master tender care is going to seem positively relaxing compared to what may be waiting his return in the form of Bright Shatter Ice, Incarnate and Inraged at his Betraying Her, and UNC.

Pissed off Bright.

Wow I actually almost feel sorry for that poor bastard. Almost >:D >:D

When are you posting this? This story sounds amazing.

Still working on getting my ducks in a row, I had no idea just how much information there was, yet how little it bloody well said >.< at least I've got the basics of Thornes now, its all a Shadowland... for now *MoW going to be in sooooo much trouble when this is all over /snirk*

I'll try to get up to Issei's arrival posted sometime in a week, hopefully, baring migraines or RL kicking my teeth in anyway.

kinglugia should be happy as well, while its not hot Issei on someone else action /snirk, I am going to include something other then a 5 woman Coven of infernals intruding, 3 female, 2 male, prefs so far are both males are basicly gender switched Haruka and Michiru from BSSM, with Ryouga and Ishida mixed in, females other then Fem!Swan are still up in the air, but we will see.

Mostly started for the gag of cutting to them after Issei putting MoW through a building or something with Fem!Swan asking something along the lines of "So, hands up who found that hot as hell?" turns around and the other 4 all have there hands up. it grew from there, like I complained to Alexander yesterday /laugh

My first impression of the Radiant Dragon (I thought you were calling him Cosmic Dragon) at an immediate glance is that his mental stats seem remarkably low for a Twilight with Mental Attribute primary priority. Even if we haven't really been focusing on mental pursuits, that's mostly because plots and thus enemies/fights keep appearing and thus we need the martial arts and relevant stats to keep up. We have been studying, learning magic, and researching the Evil Pieces, etc.; we simply haven't really had a chance for mental hellish training as we did for physical attributes. The latter are technically our tertiary stats.

I'm hoping the Manipulation rating is supposed to be a bit of a joke as well. 1 dot is a disability as far as attributes are concerned. A dragon wouldn't allow himself to be manipulated, even if he is not overly skilled at the matter himself.

[X] Front

We might as well give them a chance to surrender, and so far as we know, they are entirely mundane.

Indrik said:
I'm hoping the Manipulation rating is supposed to be a bit of a joke as well. 1 dot is a disability as far as attributes are concerned. A dragon wouldn't allow himself to be manipulated, even if he is not overly skilled at the matter himself.
Manipulation only affects how well you use that sort of social interaction, not how vulnerable you are to it. To seal up that hole in our defenses we would want to invest in Investigation.

[X] White pants and business suit, red undershirt, black tie, black cape with gold lining. Looks like this.

[X] Above

Ok, I'm out of class and here's the recap of the Devil-Tiger/Primordial charms I said I'd do. As a note I'll be doing this in regard to normal Infernals and Primordials.

(Yozi)-Body Unity and (Yozi) Eternal Essence.

The dual-materialized, no need to eat/sleep/suffer disease, hear prayers charm and the don't die when killed charm. At Essence 5 and 7 receptively their both before Cosmic Principle and thus can be learned by any Infernal and Devil-Tigers can make their own due to being general charms. Also no real reason not to get them.

(Yozi) Cosmic Principle
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 10; Type: Permanent; Duration: Permanent;
Keywords: Shaping; Prerequisites: First (Yozi) Excellency)

This Charm shapes the (Yozi)'s Essence into a single Personal pool with a capacity of 1,000 motes and makes him immune to aging, but it imposes the Greater Imperfection of Ultimate Darkness on him. Upon learning this Charm, a character loses all non-(Yozi) Charms and Combos containing such Charms (and the capacity to learn such powers), converting lost magic into appropriate experience points. If an Exalt, his Exaltation departs as it no longer recognizes him as human, leaving him with "only" the Primordial power he has become. He may adapt thematically appropriate Charms from other Yozis to his own imagery and principles as (Yozi) Charms without regard for their prerequisites, but he...

TRIUMPHANT HOWL OF THE DEVIL-TIGER
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 6; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Heretical
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Any First (Yozi) Excellency, any Sorcerous Initiation of (Yozi), any Shintai Charm

Proving that he is more than merely a gestalt of insane, defeated Primordials, the Infernal sweeps together the broken shards of enlightenment from several Reclamation conspirators and forges them into a new legend all his own. The shinma shudder as a new titan is born: The Infernal is immortal, and needs no longer fear death from age. In declaring his own legend, he may never learn (Yozi) Cosmic Principle (see The Return of the Scarlet Empress, p. 209).

This Charm conveys one final benefit: The Infernal's player and Storyteller may work together to design a personal analog to First (Yozi) Excellency suited to the personality, themes and obsessions of the character, using the Excellencies of the Yozis as a guideline, as well as a personalized suite of the General Charms found in The Manual of Exalted Power—The Infernals and this book, which are all purchased as Favored Charms.

The 'I am My own Legend' Charms. The main difference is at what Essence you can learn them and that CP gives you a kilomote pool, also their mutually exclusive.

SWALLOWING THE SCORPION
Keywords: Blasphemy, Heretical
The 'FUCK YOU YOZI' charm, only needed by those with a intense desire to flip off Malfeas. Oh and you get +1 MDV along side Hell's wrath.

(Yozi) Conceptual Harmony
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 10;
Type: Permanent; Duration: Permanent;
Keywords: None; Prerequisites: (Yozi) Cosmic Principle):
(Yozi) uses his own Charms even more adroitly than a spirit uses its own. He can unleash any possible Combo of his Charms without needing to spend Willpower to do so or declare which Charms he intends to activate (as long as the Combo is valid). Moreover, all of his Charms gain the Combo-OK keyword. He can even use reflexive Charms while casting spells, but he cannot do so to enhance the spell in any way. Finally, he is immune to all harm from (Yozi) Charms. Learning this Charm converts all known Combos into experience points and prevents the character from developing Combos.
Largely a 2.0 charm. Still retains some benefit but nowhere near what it did in 2.0.

THE TEMPEST OF INWARD FOCUS
Prerequisite Charms: Any two Shintai Charms
from different Yozis, Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger
The warlock must retreat from the world to learn this Charm. For one season, she must surround herself only with those things which are steeped in her Essence—her attuned artifacts, her bound demons and nothing more. Concentrating inward, she drives the enormous power of the conflicting forces she has mastered against one another, with her Essence caught between them. Much as the Yozis reconfigure their akuma, she redefines the parameters of her mutilated Exaltation, crafting something more to her liking.

Upon learning this Charm, the warlock partially redesigns her Caste. Her iconic anima display changes to become representative of herself rather than her unwoven coadjutor, in the manner of the Solar Exalted (though its predominating imagery is still that of Hell, not the glorious heroes of the sun). Her anima banner itself may be radically transformed, having different cosmetic effects on objects exposed to it; it may even shine some color other than green (though it will never identically mimic the anima display of some other variety of Exalted). She designs a new caste mark for herself.

Moreover, she discards her old anima power, replacing it with a new one designed by her player and the Storyteller and matched to the character's personal aptitudes and talents. Use existing anima powers as a creation guideline.

These transformations are permanent for the warlock, but not extensive enough to endure into her next incarnation. Her Exaltation restores itself to the base template mandated by the Yozis upon death. All changes brought about by this Charm must be approved by the Storyteller.
THE FLAME OF THE RISING PHOENIX
Prerequisite Charms: The Tempest of Inward Focus

Learning this Charm requires a shorter but far more dangerous retreat into hermitage than its prerequisite. When she begins developing this Charm, the warlock weaves an Essence-forged cocoon around herself, where she will remain for the normal training time required to learn it. During her time in this new Chrysalis Grotesque, she gains a soak of 30L/30B and a Hardness of 15L/15B, but remains Inactive for the entire duration.

Upon emerging, the warlock enjoys the benefits of a transformation far more radical than her last. She dissolves her Caste entirely, forging a new Caste suited to her personal nature. She retains her original patron Yozi as a second Favored Yozi, and becomes capable of designing an entirely new set of Charms reflecting her own Essence, nature, and power, which are purchased as Favored Charms. The Charm cascades of the Yozis should be used as an example of what is appropriate for this new Charm tree (the majority of its Charms exist in the Essence 2-3 range, all perfect defenses share a single customized Imperfection, and so forth).

While the Infernal does not change her current Caste and Favored Abilities, she notionally designates five Abilities from among that set as the new Abilities of "her" Caste. Her next incarnation
THE FACE OF THE TITANS
Prerequisite Charms: The Flame of the Rising Phoenix

The warlock smiles or sobs, whichever may be appropriate to her transcendence, as the chains of the Yozis fall from her heart. She weaves a final Chrysalis Grotesque, which functions identically to that of this Charm's prerequisite. Upon emerging, she subsumes her Unwoven Coadjutor, subtly reconfiguring her appearance to more directly express her own Infernal nature rather than that of a mere serf of the First Circle. More importantly, the warlock redefines her own Urge so that it permanently matches her Motivation.

The reins of Torment may be taken out of the hands of the Yozis, but they do not disappear altogether. The Infernal must define her own new Torment manifestation, using published Torments as a guideline. She continues to accumulate and reduce Limit in the normal manner; acting against the dictates of her own nature guides the Exalt's hellish Essence to viciously lash out against her.
THE DANCE OF THE THRASHING DRAGON
Keywords: Heretical; Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: The Face of the Titans

It is the nature of nascent titans to indulge themselves. The warlock's player designs a type of custom Act of Villainy called a Precipitous Fiat. These Fiats are unique to the transcendent Infernal who invents them, but are otherwise identical to Acts, and must substantially endanger or inconvenience the character. When the Infernal loses Limit through this Fiat, she is able to inflict one point of Limit on a Yozi of her choice whose Charms are open to her.
The 'I'm redesigning my Caste' charms. Pointless on a Primordial, real nice for a Devil-Tiger

(Yozi) Glory Incarnate
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 10; Type: Permanent
Duration: Permanent; Keywords: None;
Prerequisites: (Yozi) Cosmic Principle

(Yozi) has a base rating of 0 in all Attributes and Abilities, but can apply dice within the bounds of his Excellency as explained before. He also remembers the comprehensive memories of everyone who has ever learned this Charm. Such conceptual purity also confers immunity to undesired Shaping effects, though this protection temporarily abates while he has spent all Willpower points or has no motes remaining. Even the most powerful Shaping attacks such as Soul Mastery and Pattern Spider Touch cannot penetrate this perfect defense. Upon learning this Charm, a character converts all Attributes, Abilities and specialties into experience points (four experience for the first Attribute dot) and can no longer learn such traits.
The Primodial's 'I can only act within my Excellency' charm. Sure the permanent anti-shaping's nice, but not that nice. Devil-tigers don't have an equivalent. Don't really need one considering the shear number of ways they can get cheap or permanent anti-shaping.

(Yozi) Worldshaper Assumption
Cost: —; Mins: Essence 10; Type: Permanent
Duration: Permanent; Keywords: Shaping;
Prerequisites: (Yozi) Eternal Essence, (Yozi) Glory Incarnate

Unless defined by other Charms, the (Yozi)'s Yozi body can take any shape he desires with a size ranging from 1–100 yards in any dimension. In any shape, he is made of tangible darkness and possesses the same traits. His natural soak is (Willpower + Essence)B/L/A, and he has the health level track in this write-up. He naturally heals damage at the rate of one bashing or lethal level per hour or one aggravated level per day, starting with the least severe damage as normal. He is completely immune to all harm or penalties from environmental conditions not imposed by the direct actions of another being and all harm not imposed with a Charm, spell, artifact or other magical effect. His base movement rate is 15 yards per tick (30 yards per tick while dashing) with any form of locomotion, including flight and teleportation through barriers.
THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING WORLD
Keywords: Heretical; Duration: Permanent

Through the power of her Exaltation, the Infernal carves out a world from the substance of her own soul. This Charm permits the Infernal to create a world, piece by piece, as though with Constructive Convergence of Principles (including the requisite mote cost and roll to expand and modify that world). This does not count as a Charm use, but the Infernal must remain in a meditative trance while altering or expanding her inner world. She may not create demesnes or magical things within herself, and her creations do not unravel if they do not interact with Creation. The Infernal's soul is treated as Pure Chaos for this purpose.

This created world exists wholly within the Infernal's soul, but is otherwise a real, ongoing, self-contained place, which continues to exist even when she is not paying attention to it. The internal worlds of the Infernal Exalted are strange, uncanny places—glassy citadels floating atop clouds in a brazen sky; a massive upside-down fortress hanging above a forest of ivory trees surrounding a still, emerald lake; or a city of cyclopean basalt towers beneath a jet-black sky in which a single red eye hangs and stares. The world the Infernal forges should be consistent with the mood and themes of the Excellency she created through Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger, at the Storyteller's discretion.

The Infernal may mentally visit this world by taking a miscellaneous action (Speed 5 long ticks, DV -3) to enter an Inactive meditative state, always appearing at the center of the first part of the world she shaped into being. She may leave this trance at any time with a Speed 5, DV -2 miscellaneous action. Individuals created in her inner world do not have souls of their own and cannot grant her Essence through prayer, though they are otherwise real to her while she is there (for instance, she might copy such a person with Black Mirror Shintai, and any damage suffered manifests on her physical body). The Infernal cannot yet travel physically into this world, bring anything from the outer world into it, or bring anything from the inner world out. These feats require additional Charms.
The base of the World-body charm set and the inner world charm.

(Yozi) Pantheon Unfurling
Cost: [Essence x 100]m; Mins: Essence 10; Type: Simple;
Duration: Instant; Keywords: Blasphemy, Shaping;
Prerequisites: (Yozi) Conceptual Harmony):

By paying 100 motes per dot of permanent Essence (capped at 9 for non-fetiches), the (Yozi) spawns a Third Circle soul with full motes. If he lacks a fetich, he is irresistibly compelled to spawn one as soon as he can pay the cost. If his fetich is destroyed, the (Yozi) ceases to exist except as an Essence pool that can't be interacted with, imploding all component souls into himself. He recovers motes until he has enough to create a new fetich, redefining himself as a new Yozi with similar Storyteller-defined themes. If a Green Sun Prince knows any of his Charms, the new Yozi remains equally powerful; otherwise, diminishment is likely. He can't possess more than (Willpower + highest Virtue) Third Circle souls beyond his fetich, lacking Charms to grow via Progenitive souls as many other Yozis do. He can possess his souls (or demons descended from them) as explained in The Books of Sorcery, Vol. V—The Roll of Glorious Divinity II and can telepathically communicate with such beings across all distance and realms of existence (information exchange only; no social attacks). Influence is two-way, however, as the dragon has an Intimacy of dedication to each of the current Motivations of every Third Circle soul that cannot be removed or altered by any means save altering the Motivations of the demons in question.

THE PATH OF A THOUSAND WHISPERS
Cost: 66m, 6wp; Mins: Essence 8;
Type: Simple (One day)
Duration: Instant

Externalizing her cosmic might, the Infernal weaves a free-standing Chrysalis Grotesque out of thin air, which incubates a pulsating and unformed Essence core. (The Chrysalis has the same traits as in The Flame of the Rising Phoenix; it is destroyed if it suffers a single health level of damage.) Within the Chrysalis sleeps an inchoate demon of the Third Circle (which should be designed by the Infernal's player working together with the Storyteller). The Chrysalis will hatch and disgorge this demon once the Infernal has fed it (demon's desired Essence rating x 100) motes, to a maximum of Essence 9. It may absorb up to five motes per day. The demon, once born, forms seven Second Circle devas for itself, as normal.

This Charm cannot form a fetich soul for the Infernal; being possessed of a soul of her own, the warlock is above such weaknesses. Although demons created with this Charm are not obligated to obey their creator, they have significant incentive to protect her, as they will die if she does. As well, the created spirit has an Intimacy of loyalty toward the Infernal which may never be removed. This influence is mutual; the Infernal gains an Intimacy toward the demon's Motivation, which may not be removed while the demon lives. Demons created through this Charm act as an arcane link to their creator. They are immune to sorcerous summons, though not to banishment. If the Infernal knows The Spirit of the Living World, banished demons are trapped inside the Infernal's soul for five days rather than being sent to Hell.

The Infernal may have up to (Willpower + Compassion) Third Circle demons created by this Charm in existence at a time.
The Third circle creation charms, so nice to have.

(Yozi) Epic Panoply (Cost: —; Mins: Essence 10; Type: Permanent;
Duration: Permanent; Keywords: Shaping;
Prerequisites: Ebon Dragon Worldshaper Assumption):

The (Yozi) has (Willpower)DV/MDV against any attack as appropriate, choosing how this defense manifests (such as literally dodging aside or allowing attacks to pass harmlessly through him). His intrinsic cowardice prevents him from parrying physical attacks as other Yozis can. He gains three attack options as noted here, manifesting them in any way appropriate to his themes. A strike may be a tail swipe or bite as a dragon, or a weapon he conjures while appearing humanoid. His blast may be an arrow shot from a summoned bow or a miasma of killing hate he breathes. Normally, he cannot attack except in accordance with (Yozi) Glory Incarnate. If he steals traits using Puissance Mimicry Intuition, he may use those traits to attack at will, with an Accuracy of (Dexterity + [Melee or Martial Arts]) for close combat and (Dexterity + [Archery or Thrown]) for ranged combat
The entire charm assumes you have (Yozi) Glory Incarnate, and thus no real stats.

Hmmm, you know, there is nothing saying a Devil-Tiger couldn't make a charm that gives them a Kilo-mote like (Yozi) Cosmic Principle without the drawbacks, as long as its an E10 charm I don't think the ST would bitch to much

EternitynChaos said:
Hmmm, you know, there is nothing saying a Devil-Tiger couldn't make a charm that gives them a Kilo-mote like (Yozi) Cosmic Principle without the drawbacks, as long as its an E10 charm I don't think the ST would bitch to much
Well technically it's a kilomote + mote pool expanders + overdrive pools, so an actual Yozi might be rocking a 1150+ motes at full bore. That said if you were going for the full Kilomote I'd recommend a set of charms to do it instead of all at once. Remember an E10 solar with max expanders and overdrive pools has something on the order of 350-400 mote IIRC.

As you say, but you get what I mean ^^ It would probably be fair to say that every Essence level after 6 (the level you hit Devil-Tiger) there would be some charm to expand your mote pool in some way until you reached Primordial levels at E10

Smuthunter said:
Manipulation only affects how well you use that sort of social interaction, not how vulnerable you are to it. To seal up that hole in our defenses we would want to invest in Investigation.
Technically true, but as I said, a 1 dot rating is a disability. A man with a 1 dot strength is crippled, one with a 1 dot intelligence is mentally incompetent. Issei should at least be average (2 dots) in manipulation, leaving aside he is supposed to be a Primordial-esque being at that point.

[X]Above
[X]Clothing
SAOnT4V.jpg

Smuthunter said:
Well we do know a few things about him; he completely ignored a challenge from Tanin. He flies through the dimensional gap doing whatever he pleases. He is overwhelmingly powerful, stronger than any god or buddha. That includes Yahweh, who is counted as just another god. Even Ophis at her full power can't get rid of him. This sounds a lot to me like a less destructive Isidoros, and only less destructive because he's occupying a space where there aren't cities to smash and continents to sink because he happened to be passing by.

Rather than "Dreams" I would say "Overwhelming Power" is a better theme to describe how Great Red interacts with reality. So maybe his first external charm says something like "I am too powerful to be harmed by anything" and it adds his strength score to his natural soak and hardness (for an Exalt that wouldn't be much, but for GR it would be something like a +20 bonus before his armor from scales or anything else is added in).

His internal charm set would reflect his attitude towards the world, which to the extent that we know about it comes across as "I am the most important thing that exists." Take cues from Malfeas and Isidoros's charmsets for how that one evolves, but remember that he stopped to help Issei for whatever reason so he's at least sometimes more benign than the Holy Tyrant's endless rage or the Black Boar's careless destruction.
I'm back. Now, let's see...

Power (Infinity) of Ophis — Endlessness
Cost: —;
Mins: Essence 2;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Ouroboros Dragon is infinite in her scope. This Charm permanently enhance the character's ability to restore his Essence, allowing him to recover Essence at a rate of four motes per hour while he engages in strenuous activity. In addition he recover eight motes per hour when he is at ease and twelve motes per hour when he is completely relaxed.

A second repurchase of this Charm at Essence 4 allows the character to recover eight motes per hour while he engages in strenuous activity, twelve motes per hour when he is at ease and sixteen motes per hour when he is completely relaxed.

Power (Nothingness) of Ophis — Solitude
Cost: 5m;
Duration: One scene

The Dragon God is a being who was born alone—she isn't very interested in others. This Charm increases the character's Dodge MDV by his Temperance for the remainder of the scene.

Power (Dream) of Great Red — Ambition
Cost: 2m;
Duration: One Action

As a being born from Dreams, the True Dragon finds it child's play to understand those of others. This Charm enhances the standard Read Motivation Action, adding the character's Permanent Essence as automatic successes. If successful, in addition to whatever other information the character notices with any threshold of success, he also discerns the target's true Motivation.

Power (Pride) of Great Red — Ego

This is my take on your "Overwhelming Power" theme Smut. Not sure yet how to make it work, but I am working on it.

EternitynChaos said:
Still working on getting my ducks in a row, I had no idea just how much information there was, yet how little it bloody well said >.< at least I've got the basics of Thornes now, its all a Shadowland... for now *MoW going to be in sooooo much trouble when this is all over /snirk*

I'll try to get up to Issei's arrival posted sometime in a week, hopefully, baring migraines or RL kicking my teeth in anyway.
Eagerly waiting for it 8)

kinglugia should be happy as well, while its not hot Issei on someone else action /snirk, I am going to include something other then a 5 woman Coven of infernals intruding, 3 female, 2 male, prefs so far are both males are basicly gender switched Haruka and Michiru from BSSM, with Ryouga and Ishida mixed in, females other then Fem!Swan are still up in the air, but we will see.

Mostly started for the gag of cutting to them after Issei putting MoW through a building or something with Fem!Swan asking something along the lines of "So, hands up who found that hot as hell?" turns around and the other 4 all have there hands up. it grew from there, like I complained to Alexander yesterday /laugh
:eek:....

Eternity? An advice, from friend to friend: the bolded part? Scrap it. Or rework it. Just...just no okay?

Indrik said:
Technically true, but as I said, a 1 dot rating is a disability. A man with a 1 dot strength is crippled, one with a 1 dot intelligence is mentally incompetent. Issei should at least be average (2 dots) in manipulation, leaving aside he is supposed to be a Primordial-esque being at that point.
My reason was: even as a God, Issei is still a horrible liar. Or better, the Radiant Dragon always tell the truth.

Ok Alexander, is my muse getting away from me and if so how (my problem is always how much is to much /laugh), main reason I was including Swan + 4 was because simply put 10-13 Abyssal + However many other none cannon fodder troops + MoW means, well its not enough to slow down Issei from what I can tell, particularly since these are all newbie Abyssals, but having a Group there who were going to steal what she stole *because fuck the Mask of Winter, and his Death Knights beat them to the Crypt it came from in the first place* means there is someone who can evac Anja while Issei keeps everyone's eyes on the big glowing sun dragon.

Only not because I figure that's probably more for shock and awe, and I'm saving that for if I have him stumble across a Wyld hunt, that or summoning up some of Brights 2nd/1st Circle *who I figure of anyone who have made a race who's whole thing was 'Fuck the Dragonblooded, Fuck them with a Spiked Pole'*

And yes run on sentence, I've just crawled out of bed ^^; brains still starting up.

Alexander said:
Power (Nothingness) of Ophis — Solitude
Cost: 5m;
Duration: Indefinite

The Dragon God is a being who was born alone—she isn't very interested in others. This Charm increases the character's Dodge MDV by his Temperance for the remainder of the scene.

Power (Dream) of Great Red — Ambition
Cost: 2m;
Duration: Indefinite

As a being born from Dreams, the True Dragon finds it child's play to understand those of others. This Charm enhances the standard Read Motivation Action, adding the character's Permanent Essence as automatic successes. If successful, in addition to whatever other information the character notices with any threshold of success, he also discerns the target's true Motivation.

Sorry, a pet peeve of mine. A charm that commits motes that can stay active forever has duration Indefinite, whereas permanent implies that the charm is 'free'.

Like the way you are going, but would rather you concentrated in getting the quest to the point where these OOC charms become relevant. I do not want the be blue balled by another awesome quest failing like the bazillion others I have read.

EternitynChaos said:
Ok Alexander, is my muse getting away from me and if so how (my problem is always how much is to much /laugh), main reason I was including Swan + 4 was because simply put 10-13 Abyssal + However many other none cannon fodder troops + MoW means, well its not enough to slow down Issei from what I can tell, particularly since these are all newbie Abyssals, but having a Group there who were going to steal what she stole *because fuck the Mask of Winter, and his Death Knights beat them to the Crypt it came from in the first place* means there is someone who can evac Anja while Issei keeps everyone's eyes on the big glowing sun dragon.

Only not because I figure that's probably more for shock and awe, and I'm saving that for if I have him stumble across a Wyld hunt, that or summoning up some of Brights 2nd/1st Circle *who I figure of anyone who have made a race who's whole thing was 'Fuck the Dragonblooded, Fuck them with a Spiked Pole'*

And yes run on sentence, I've just crawled out of bed ^^; brains still starting up.
I understand. Yes, having a Solar Circle there to help, along with some Lunars, is probably a good idea. However if you want to use canon characters, keep them as they are.

rkbinder said:
Sorry, a pet peeve of mine. A charm that commits motes that can stay active forever has duration Indefinite, whereas permanent implies that the charm is 'free'.

Like the way you are going, but would rather you concentrated in getting the quest to the point where these OOC charms become relevant. I do not want the be blue balled by another awesome quest failing like the bazillion others I have read.
Welcome to QQ ;D

Don't worry, I am proceeding strong with the quest. This is just a plot bunny I wanted to get out. But it's like you said, I better leave them aside for now.

One last contribution:

For the Dream part, there are some useful Spirit Charms:

DREAMSPEAK
Cost: 5 motes
Type: Simple
Minimum Compassion: 1
Minimum Essence: 2
This Charm allows a spirit to speak with the target in his dreams. The target must be asleep, and the spirit must know approximately where he is, although the spirit need not be present there. Roll the spirit's Intelligence + Compassion. The more successes the spirit gets, the more easily it converses with the dreamer. Four or more successes indicates that not only can the spirit appear in the dream, but it will seem to be of extreme significance to the dreamer.

DREAMSCAPE
Cost: 10 motes, 1 Willpower
Minimum Compassion: 1
Minimum Essence: 4
Prerequisite Charms: Dreamspeak
This Charm allows a spirit to govern the dream of a sleeping mortal. It may shape that dream in whatever way it wishes, appearing or not appearing in the dream as it pleases. Roll the spirit's Manipulation + Compassion. The more successes, the more the spirit can manipulate. The spirit must know either the approximate location of the dreamer or his identity. While the spirit may harm the dreamer inside of the dream, no damage carries over to the real world.

DREAMBANE
Cost: 15 motes, 1 Willpower
Duration: Reflexive
Minimum Conviction: 3
Minimum Essence: 6
Prerequisite Charms: Dreamscape
This Charm acts exactly as the Compassion Charm Dreamscape, except that the roll made is Manipulation + Conviction and that any harm done to the target within the dream has a chance of leaking through to the target's physical body (as either bashing or lethal damage, as appropriate). If the target takes damage in the dream, her player must make a reflexive Wits roll to see how much slips through to harm the character's real body. For every success on the Wits roll, one health level is subtracted from the damage that the character took in the hallucination before it is applied to her real body. The character can never take more damage to her real body from a single event in the hallucination than the Essence of the spirit that used Dreambane on her. Each time damage gets through the soak roll, the target's player may make a Willpower roll. With three or more successes, the character wakes up. The player must also succeed a Willpower roll if the character takes enough damage to kill her in the dream before she wakes up. If the roll botches, the character dies (if mortal) or enters a coma for one week per point of the spirit's Essence (if Exalted). If the roll fails, the character wakes up at Incapacitated and must heal normally. If the roll succeeds, she wakes up with only one additional health level of bashing damage. This Charm may only be used on one target at a time.

CREATION OF PERFECTION
Cost: 2 motes
Duration: Special
Minimum Valor: 2
Minimum Essence: 2
This Charm allows spirits to create supernaturally exquisite items or to perform feats of inhuman skill with various crafts. When using this charm, roll Intelligence + Valor for the spirit. Every success gained on this roll can be added to a single Craft, Medicine, Occult or Larceny roll designed to create an item or to carry out a slow and careful process such as performing surgery, compounding a drug, putting on a disguise or creating a magical talisman. This Charm cannot be used to enhance any task that requires speed or haste such as picking a lock before the guard arrives, stopping someone from bleeding to death or any form of combat. It can also only be used on tasks that require both clear thought and nimble fingers. No activity can simultaneously benefit from both this Charm and the Uncanny Prowess Charm.

MEMORY MIRROR
Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant
The spirit finds what it seeks in the target's mind. The spirit attempts to read her per Reading Motivation (see Exalted, p. 131), but actually reads something besides Intimacies and Motivation, such as a memory. Unless the target's Essence exceeds the spirit's, the Reading Motivation check receives (Compassion) automatic successes.

CALCULATED ORDER OF IMMEDIATE ACTION
Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Simple
Keywords: Obvious, Shaping
Duration: Variable
With this power, the spirit outright creates or destroys an instance of its domain within (Essence x 10) yards. The spirit's authority cuts the red tape that delays projects, making complicated and difficult feats as quick as stamping a form. As long as the spirit has the necessary power, Abilities and raw materials to mundanely create or destroy the spirit's target, this Charm makes it happen within a matter of seconds. The first moments of
Calculated Order of Immediate Action begin the process; this is Power Level 0 (see chart, below). This Charm can then be re-invoked, with each new use increasing Power Level by one until the spirit is finished. At that point, the Divine Work is complete. If interrupted, the process must be entirely restarted. Objects created with this Charm are born with weak least gods, making them particularly vulnerable to ownership and Inhabitings. This Charm's Essence minimum increases by the desired Power Level—a god with Essence 2 can invoke only Power Level 0 effects, and a god must be Essence 7 to invoke effects of Power Level 5.

Power Level Description Example
0 Common, Resources 0 Walking stick, sound of drums
1 Simple, Resources 1 Sword, common lust
2 Useful, Resources 2 Chain shirt, romantic feelings, small apartment
3 Effective, Resources 3 Firewand, familial ties, one-story house
4 Rare, Resources 4 Mundane artillery, nationalism, substantial building
5 Awesome, Resources 5 Articulated plate, city-wide hysteria, a furnished mansion

Hmmm, Yah.

The Only Sorta Canon character is Fem!Swan, and I'd already mentioned her, in that I'd switched that up, and I was having Desus Exaltation in the hands of the Yozi, because being Lillith is suffering.

as for the Canon Circle, well part of the reason Swan Exalted Infernal rather then Solar this time is Issei's fault, or more exactly the fact that he's bearing Bright Shattered Ice's Exaltation, which would, if things had gone like Canon Exalted Arianna, here she got a different exaltation, and so wandered a different direction and didn't get caught by the Wyld Hunt in the same place, so Swan couldn't step up and save her and Exalt.

Dace is still charging around being Angry Ma... Cavalry, Harmonious Jade has had a run in or two with Swan, and really isn't sure what to make of her, Panther is being Panther.

The rest of the Coven are complete OC's who are all around E4-E5, over time they have basicly group up after working together on other things and found out that they mostly agree with each other on the Big Things as it were. "Lillun = Adorb Little Sister, Protect her, Reclimation, Probably never actually going to work, but fuck why not. Ebon Dragon, Fuck that Guy. First Age, Ok, Lets see if we can at least do better then these Ass Clowns k?"

EternitynChaos said:
Hmmm, Yah.

The Only Sorta Canon character is Fem!Swan, and I'd already mentioned her, in that I'd switched that up, and I was having Desus Exaltation in the hands of the Yozi, because being Lillith is suffering.

as for the Canon Circle, well part of the reason Swan Exalted Infernal rather then Solar this time is Issei's fault, or more exactly the fact that he's bearing Bright Shattered Ice's Exaltation, which would, if things had gone like Canon Exalted Arianna, here she got a different exaltation, and so wandered a different direction and didn't get caught by the Wyld Hunt in the same place, so Swan couldn't step up and save her and Exalt.
There are 150 free Solar Exaltations, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume Arianna got another one, one different from Bright.

So yes there was a change, but considering the situation events could have happened the same.

EDIT: Plus, there are a lot more Exalts that those five guys. They are just the most famous.
The rest of the Coven are complete OC's who are all around E4-E5, over time they have basicly group up after working together on other things and found out that they mostly agree with each other on the Big Things as it were. "Lillun = Adorb Little Sister, Protect her, Reclimation, Probably never actually going to work, but fuck why not. Ebon Dragon, Fuck that Guy. First Age, Ok, Lets see if we can at least do better then these Ass Clowns k?"
I see your OCs have their priorities straight :))

Yeah, this is me really not giving a shit about the canon Exalted circles, and even less so with Eternity genderswapping people presumably just so they hook up with Issei. This story has nothing to do with Creation and I'd like it to stay that way as long as possible.

No, not only no, fuck no, no SwanxIssei, not even Fem!SwanxIssei, sorry, just had to get that out there

As long as the Swan is not a Bella then I'm fine.
(I'd prefer a bromance but I am not sure how bromance werks-hora. Mebbe have Swan be a bro with Ise?)
Edit: And for some reason, I am in need of a Sidereal character from the Umineko series. Mebbe Sidereal!Battler?
And now who's up to vote for Lunar Mate?

rkbinder said:

Actually the Power (Nothingness) of Ophis — Solitude should be duration: Scene, and should be type simple or supplemental. Power (Dream) of Great Red — Ambition should be duration: Instant, and should be type Reflexive or supplemental.

Least Devotee said:
Actually the Power (Nothingness) of Ophis — Solitude should be duration: Scene, and should be type simple or supplemental. Power (Dream) of Great Red — Ambition should be duration: Instant, and should be type Reflexive or supplemental.
Right. Thank for the tip.

As I counts the votes and write the post, I leave you with the spells Issei learned (since now they are complete):
[Notice-Me-Not Field] Range: originates from you (2). Duration: permanent (50). Area: 66-yards radius sphere (50). Control: compulsion to forget and leave (10). Metaspell: affect only foreign intruders (10), casting takes one hour (-3). Components: 119. Rank 4 Spell. Casting take one hour.

[Fallen Angel-Type Teleport] Range: anywhere on Earth (5)(in DxD Teleportation is cheap). Duration: instantaneous (0). Area: all targets inside 3-yards radius sphere from the caster (6). Movement: all targets (40). Divination: fix spatial coordinates (5). Components: 56. Rank 3 Spell. Speed 6.

I read your doc, and I'm...interested in making a spell or two for you. For now.

So the first spell I'm gonna make is known as Azure Blast.

[Azure Blast] Range: 6 (33 yards, medium range). Duration: instantaneous (0). Area: 1 (Single target). Energy (Plasma): 1. Damage: +30 (10L Health damage). Meta-spell: 15 (Speed 3, Silent, Still, Target consumed) Components: 53. Rank 3 spell, Speed 3, 6 motes.

Fluff: User fires a potent blast of azure energy towards his opponent, severely damaging, even destroying it with the blast of plasma.

Um...is this right?

kinglugia said:
I read your doc, and I'm...interested in making a spell or two for you. For now.

So the first spell I'm gonna make is known as Azure Blast.

[Azure Blast] Range: 6 (33 yards, medium range). Duration: instantaneous (0). Area: 1 (Single target). Energy (Plasma): 1. Damage: +30 (10L Health damage). Meta-spell: 15 (Speed 3, Silent, Still, Target consumed) Components: 53. Rank 3 spell, Speed 3, 6 motes.

Fluff: User fires a potent blast of azure energy towards his opponent, severely damaging, even destroying it with the blast of plasma.

Um...is this right?
Yes. Under what Magic System this spell fall?

The Snake - Part 2
[X] White pants and business suit, red undershirt, black tie, black cape with gold lining. Like this.
[X] Above
----

You think about it for a moment. "This is Ruby-chan's debut, so I think it's fair that she starts as she wishes."

"Yay!" Ruby cheers.

Yang rolls her eyes in amusement and elbows you lightly. "And the fact that this way you can show off more is just a coincidence, right?" She looks you up and down. "I wanted to ask: what's up with those clothes?"

Indeed: instead of your school uniform or your more casual clothing, you are wearing white pants and business suit, with a red undershirt and a black tie. "Oh, this?" You pass a hand over your jacket. "It was Bright's advice: something about 'exerting dominance through intimidation' or something. She also suggested gold as main color, but that would be silly."

Yang chuckles. "Yes, a little."

"Are we going or not?" Ruby prods your and Yang's cheeks with her index fingers.

""Hai, hai.""

Together the three of you take the stairs outside, silently sneaking inside a broken window, step on the platform. Eiko lands on the building's top, ready to alert you of Ragnarok's arrival.

Down you can see the Snake members are still talking between themselves. "Boss-" One of the underlings address a tall guy with bleached blond hair-wait, that's wrong: they are natural-chewing bubble gum with a bored expression. "-it's almost time for the meeting with Ragnarok."

So that's Shougo Kitsukawa. Indeed, he looks young but his body is all muscles. Practical muscles, not the parodies of bodybuilders.

You grin. 'This will be fun.'. You signal the girls to stay ready.

"Oh, it's time for a meeting alright." You jump down, immediately followed by Yang and Ruby. "Only, it isn't with Ragnarok!"

Everyone looks up just as you land a short distance from the gathering. Their looks are a mix of confusion, rage and amusement. But a few are shocked: surprise surprise, they are the ones you beat black and blue a few weeks ago. "Y-You!" [Lead Goon] points at you. "I recognize you! You're the asshole from the-!"

Before he can say further the Snake's leader walks past him and swings his arm, hitting his face with the back of his hand and downing him like a duck.

"So you're the one who beat Shinji's men." He says with a bored tone. His way of walking oozes pure confidence. If you were to use a metaphor, you would say he wears the assurance of his own strength like perfectly fitting clothes. "I have a feeling you would pop up again eventually."

"Wonder no more." You reply with a flourish of hand, your half-smile making clear enough that you're not intimidated in the slightest. "Are you Shougo Kitsukawa, leader of Snake?"

He keeps chewing. "Why are you here?"

"Well..." You put a finger on your forehead and feign being troubled. "You see, I have no problems with people sharing similar interests forming groups to socialize. Far from it." You look up, your face hardening. "I have problems when said people spent all their time harassing honest citizens and in general being an irritating, useless bother to others. So I am here to disband your little organization."

You smile. "And yes, you don't have an opinion in the matter."

"You and what army?" Someone from the crowd laughs. "All I see is a broad and a chil-"

"Whoever you are, know I will personally break all the bones in your body in twenty-one pieces each."

Your voice comes up deeper than normal, almost rumbling. The thugs are instantly silenced, eyes wide with fear and confusion. Kitsukawa on the other hand just raises an eyebrow.

You raise a hand and gesture to the girls behind you. "Take care of the underlings please. The leader is mine."

""Gotcha!"" They reply in unison before shooting forward, Yang with her fist cocked back and Ruby twirling her staff.

Leaving you and Snake alone.

"By the way, my name is Issei." You step forward, your hand stretching the tie.

"I didn't ask." Kitsukawa spits out the chewing gum.

"I know."

[] Write-in.
----

Your turn. Remember that, before anything else, there is a Join Battle roll. You can include it in the Stunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back