• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
Something interesting is that we all gave up on the mask project before facing the snakes. Interesting change.

Did we start working on it? As far as I recall , it was proposed , but we didn't get around to doing anything. Anyway , it's for the best I suppose. We have much more pressing matters to take care of.

Brandark said:
Did we start working on it? As far as I recall , it was proposed , but we didn't get around to doing anything. Anyway , it's for the best I suppose. We have much more pressing matters to take care of.

Nope. I actually agree moving on it now instead of making the masks. Dragon Power...is a high enough priority that it's more valuable than the time we would spend crafting.

I am tempted to write a hora on Issei and Vali hora a lady at the same time, just to prove who is better at resisting pleasure/higher endurance, but I do not think Vali will agree to this contest, and Issei does not view a woman as an object of lust.
...A pity that we can't corrupt Vali with hora hora, ne?

Okay, here we go:

-EternitynChaos, your stunt is good but to be a Two-die Stunt it requires an interaction with the surroundings, even only sensing them.

-You can, however, fuse two Stunts together, making it a complete Two-die Stunt.
Brandark said:
Moving on , I'd like to propose some canon spells and do a viability check.

Thunder Wolf's Howl
Cost: 10m
Target: An area 20 yards across , within 100 yards of the sorcerer.

The Titan's Icy Breath
Cost:10m
Target:Area

Unstoppable Fountain of the Depths
Cost:20m
Target:Area
They're viable. Give me a little time to convert them and I will tell you how much they cost.

Smuthunter handled the true meaning of Sacrifice well. I have nothing else to add.

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
What is the Component:Mote cost conversion?
There is no conversion: you cast a spell and get Exhaustion if you're not skilled enough with it. You can use motes to wards Exhaustion off however.

Larekko12 said:
So Bright Can Shrink training times for Attributes to an hour? If she's better than us at it?

Where was her character sheet again?
Bright Shattered Ice
Attributes: Strength 6, Dexterity 7, Stamina 6, Charisma 6, Manipulation 9, Appearance 7, Perception 7, Intelligence 9, Wits 8
Abilities: Athletics 8, Awareness 7, Bureaucracy 9 (Tzali +2), Craft (Air) 10, Craft (Earth) 10, Craft (Fire) 9, Craft (Magitech) 7 (Flying Machines +1), Dodge 8, Integrity 7, Investigation 10 (Research +3), Larceny 4 (Sabotage +2), Linguistics 7, Lore 10 (Fair Folk +1), Martial Arts 1, Medicine 8, Melee 6 (Cruel Wisdom +2), Occult 9, Presence 8 (Rhetoric +2), Resistance 7, Ride 8 (Spirit Horse +2), Socialize 7 (Politics +3), Stealth 3, Survival 6 (North +1), Thrown 8 (Cruel Wisdom +3), War 4 (Tzali +3)

Those underlined are her Favored/Caste Abilities. Note how Melee isn't one of them, and it has 6 dots and a Specialty.

Even if you're a Twilight, every Solar without a Circle needs a close-combat option. This is just reality. Spending effort in a non Favored/Caste Ability is not a waste of time.
megrisvernin said:
GM ALERT

On a second thought I have a structural question. Will we resolve the extended roll in the next update(spending as many hours as it takes) or will that occur over multiple updates? If it's the later it makes sense to add 1 stunt now. If it's the former it might make sense to add multiple stunts now...
I will try to resolve it in the next update: Issei will try for 10 hours to get the handle of it. If he doesn't reach the necessary amount of successes when the time is out he will stop and resume at a later date. Doing so he will lose some successes.

Indrik said:
Also, I think the magic system is getting far too crunchy, Alexander. The way DxD magic seems to work is that once you've learned a spell, you know it and can use it at will (assuming sufficient reserves of course). As such, I'm fine with rolling dice to learn new spells (even if I think the requirements are rather high considering how quickly we've learned spells in the past), but I don't think a roll should be required to cast or target them. It just further obstructs gameplay by adding unnecessary and canon non-compliant chance for failure. Having the caster and target (if sapient) roll a contested roll to see if the target dodges is another story and should be fine. On the whole, I believe it would be better to have the system more abstract, particularly when it comes to endurance and magic reserves, versus a strict numerical system that doesn't truly mesh with the setting or serve the narrative well.
You're right, but this being a rpg I need numerical values. Something has to give.
Brandark said:
You decided for a hood if I remember right.

I'm guessing he means a hooded jacket, which I would not be shocked to find we own at least one of

Alexander, should I rewrite, or will you just mix one of the others in with it that fits?

never mind, expanded it in the post two down

do we still need to vote on how we acquired our dragon power? or is it still tied?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows this

[X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

Wind blows rattling your windows and tousling your hair as your power writhes, a shimmering field of Gold and Green, two dragons locked together thrashing against each other as you try to calm them.

Time flows slowly as Dominion wrestles with Excellence, neither giving way, neither surrendering, all the while you watch on from the quite of your mind taking note of how this new power flows and pools within you, and how you may direct it to reduce the strain it places on your body and mind.

hit it, I'm sure I'm not the only one hanging out for my fix /laugh

sworded said:
MSS gives any attack, including long range ones, the ability to shatter magic powers, and sorcery above Terrestrial requires E4 too.

from my googling of it, we need two other occult charms to buy this one (spirit detecting glance, and occult essense flow) which is a shame, because I think we could pull off AntiMagic Punch a hell of a lot better than that dude from Index.

especially if we can slap it onto a DxD style spell (Magic Shattering Dragon Wave?)

huh, guess everyone else is asleep or away from the computer or something, or figured I'd said enough for everyone /shrug

Bah, Alexander's offline, guess that means no fix tonight, to bed it is then I guess, wonder what argument I will wake up having missed /laugh

Sorry for the wait! Stuff happened.

Rolling:

Wits 3 + Resistance 5 + Stunt 2 = 10

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 10, 1, 10, 10, 7, 3, 6, 7, 2, 4, total 60[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 2, 4, 8, 6, 5, 3, 6, 6, 3, 6, total 49[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 8, 6, 9, 4, 5, 5, 3, 7, 10, 3, total 60[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 10, 4, 5, 6, 9, 1, 6, 2, 10, 8, total 61[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 5, 1, 9, 10, 7, 5, 10, 9, 3, 7, total 66[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 7, 1, 6, 6, 9, 6, 3, 1, 7, 1, total 47[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 6, 10, 6, 4, 10, 4, 4, 1, 4, 6, total 55[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 9, 9, 4, 6, 1, 9, 1, 8, 9, 8, total 64[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 4, 8, 9, 6, 8, 1, 9, 5, 9, 4, total 63[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 7, 3, 3, 5, 6, 2, 1, 9, 9, 6, total 51[/blockquote]

First roll: 8 Successes. +5 to total.
Second roll: fail.
Third roll: 5 Successes. +2 to total.
Fourth roll: 6 Successes. +3 to total.
Fifth roll: 8 Successes. +5 to total.

Total: 15

Congratulation! Now Issei is half Exalted Solar, half DxD Dragon!

Not really. He now has a Charm that let him draw the Essence of a Dragon and use it to change his body back and forth. You can actually deactivate and activate the Knacks as will.

Dragon Essence Domination
Cost: —
Mins: Essence 3
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Dominion is the realm of the Dragon. Excellence is the purview of the Solar Exalted. Neither will bow to the other, but they can learn how to work together. The Lawgiver learns how to channel the power of Dragons and alter his body to make himself similar to the Sons of Gaia, acquiring Knacks that can be accessed at will. At Essence 3, he can select 9 Knacks.

You can select 9 Knacks from the list below:

Dragon Body Hybrid
Cost: 1m
Duration: One day
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Wits 3
The user of Dragon Energy can learn to change just part of his body into that of a dragon. The character doesn't have to invoke every mutation whenever she uses this Knack: he can choose all or only one. The possible mutations are:
-Claws: the user's hands become short but sharp claws. Clawed punches inflict lethal damage.
-Enhanced Senses: The user's five senses become unnaturally acute. The character gains two dice on all Awareness rolls. The mutation is physically obvious in the Eyes.
-Scales: The user's skin changes and he is now covered in delicate
scales. Add 2B/2L to Soak. The character gains one die in all Survival pools and does not need to wear clothing to protect him against the elements.
-Wings: The user has a pair of wings with a wingspan of six yards and can fly. He flies at two times his normal running speed, ascends at his normal running speed and can dive at 10 times his running speed. He does not need to make checks to pull out of dives.

Child of Mother Earth
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisites: Essence 2
Primordial Dragons were born from magma, the life-blood of Earth. This Knack permanently enhances the "Scales" mutation, giving the user an extra +4 soak against all fire attacks.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
Cost: 2m
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Stamina 3
The user can shift into what the Lunar Exalted call the War Form, a monstrous amalgam of human and dragon. He gains several feet in height and increases proportionally in mass. Muscles ripple across his form, which has fearsomely long and sharp fangs and claws. When the user is in War Form he heals even faster: halve the healing time for all wounds save Aggravated.
-When the user is in War Form he adds two dots each to Strength, Dexterity and Stamina. This increase can bring physical Attributes above five and only affect the user when he is in War Form. Any improved Attributes are considered natural.
-The user gains all mutations from Dragon Body Hybrid plus: clawed feet, that made the damage from kicks lethal; tail, which is purely cosmetic.

Dragon's Might Technique
Prerequisites: Essence 1, Stamina 1
Dragons are eternal: not so easily are their mighty bodies slain. This Knack gives the user additional health levels. He may purchase this Knack multiple times, but no more than once per dot of Stamina. Each purchase provides 1 additional Dying health level and one of the following:
-One -0 health level
-Two -1 health levels
-Three -2 health levels
-Four -4 health levels

Dragon's Breath
Cost: 4m
Prerequisites: Essence 1
The user can breath fire from his mouth. Rolls (Dexterity + [Athletics, Archery or Thrown]) to hit and add the user's Essence as extra successes if successful. Dragon's Breath has an area of effect 15 yards long and five yards wide, and it deals four lethal health levels of damage plus extra successes on the attack.

Prodigious Leap
Prerequisites: Dexterity 3
This Knack doubles the user's vertical and horizontal jumping distances. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Hurl to the Horizon
Prerequisites: Strength 3
This Knack doubles the distance the user can throw something as a feat of strength. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Uplifting Might
Prerequisites: Dexterity 2
This Knack doubles the user's lift capacity. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Lightning Sprinter
Prerequisites: Dexterity 3
This Knack doubles the amount of distance the can cover in a Move and Dash action. What's more, it negates the movement penalties a character should accrue for dashing through water or mud that is from between ankle to shoulder height in depth as long as: the user began his Dash action on terrain with no such penalty; the user continues to perform consecutive Dash actions. As long as he keeps dashing his feet skim the surface of the water or muck like a skipping stone. If he should slow down or stop, however, he sinks into the sucking terrain to suffer the normal penalties. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Swords Are Useless
Cost: 3m
Prerequisites: Stamina 3
The user convert all the lethal damage from a single attack into bashing damage, though an overload of bashing damage still upgrades existing bashing damage to lethal. This Knack cannot convert aggravated damage into anything less grave. The user cannot convert old lethal damage into bashing damage. The Knack works only on incoming damage from a single attack.

Iron Fortitude
Prerequisites: Stamina 2
The periods for which the user is able to go without food, water and sleep all double. The amount of time he is able to work at a strenuous task without stopping also doubles. He may purchase this Knack multiple times.

Inner Furnace
Prerequisites: Stamina 3
The user rarely lacks for sustenance. As long as he can find some sort of organic substance (from rotting quail eggs to a piece of notebook paper on which someone blew her nose) he can eat it and survive. And as long as he finds a source of water (no matter how stagnant or polluted it might be), he can drink it and survive. Any pestilence or poison lurking in what he consumes burns in the fires of his superior constitution, without even requiring a Resistance roll. The same goes for drugs or poisons he ingests on purpose. He's still just as susceptible to airborne toxins and any drug injected into his bloodstream, but any drug that has to go through his stomach first stops there. This Knack does nothing to suppress the gag reflex or make an unappetizing meal taste better.

Infinite Factory of Life
Cost: -/2m/4m
Duration: Indefinite/Instant
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Stamina 4
This Knack super-charges the dragon's healing abilities beyond anything it knew before. After purchase it allows the character to heal 1 level of Bashing damage every 10 ticks, this increases to 1 level of Bashing per 5 ticks or 1 level of Lethal per 10 ticks at Essence 4 and 1 level of Bashing per tick and 1 level of Lethal per 5 ticks at Essence 5. The character also gains the ability to spend power to enhance his healing to even greater heights: as a reflexive action he may spend 2 motes per level of bashing damage and 4 motes per level of Lethal damage healed, however he may only spend a maximum of (Stamina + Resistance) per 10 ticks until he gains Essence 4 at which point this cap is removed.

Predatory Focus
Prerequisites: Perception 3
The user is a hunter par excellence. With a successful (Perception + Survival) roll, he can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes: the former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog rendering plant, the latter includes little short of levitating or flying.) Picking up a lost trail with this Knack requires a new (Perception + Survival) roll.

Instincts of the Beast
Prerequisites: Wits 2
Whenever the user enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he's in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the user hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up. Double the number of dices on the standard (Wits + Awareness) roll to detect the ambush.

Predator Reflexes
Prerequisites: Wits 3
When an unexpected attack targets the user with this Knack but he fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, he instinctively defends himself with his highest applicable DV plus half of it rounded down. The character cannot preemptively attack his attacker or even shout out a warning to his comrades, as he's reacting to an attack that's already taking place, but he is much more likely to dodge or parry that attack. Nonetheless, the user cannot actually join battle himself until everyone else does after the unexpected attack is resolved.

Can we save selections for later and grab them whenever they would become useful?

I think we should definitely get:

Dragon Body Hybrid
some soak and flight

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
increased attributes are nice

2 x Dragon's Might Technique
for not dying. Probably the -2 or -4 version. Sadly we have low Stamina.

Infinite Factory of Life
Unlimited mid-battle healing with our Overdrive pool? Definitely want

Predator Reflexes
Surprise negator without having to buy more Awareness/Dodge, very nice.

not so sure on the others.

Or we could pick some now as initial mutations/whatever and have the others add on when we need them. Makes for some nice fluff/story-telling stuff to add in. And we know we at the very least would be getting the War Form and probably any one that would help with surprise attacks I think.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Or we could pick some now as initial mutations/whatever and have the others add on when we need them. Makes for some nice fluff/story-telling stuff to add in. And we know we at the very least would be getting the War Form and probably any one that would help with surprise attacks I think.

That's a solid plan. Also we can only get knacks based on our stats and our shitty stamina is keeping us from deadly dragoon warrior and infinite factory of life. Both of which would be very useful and we should pick up later when we have better stamina.

Based on our current stats I say we start with

Dragon's might technique

Dragon body hybrid

Predator reflexes

For the reasons eler0 said.

Iron fortitude so we can train for longer periods of time.

Save the rest of our knacks for deadly dragoon, infinite life factory and probably child of mother earth(we get it when we know for a fact we're going to be fighting Raiser)

Dragon Body Hybrid
Cost: 1m
Duration: One day
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Wits 3
The user of Dragon Energy can learn to change just part of his body into that of a dragon. The character doesn't have to invoke every mutation whenever she uses this Knack: he can choose all or only one. The possible mutations are:
-Claws: the user's hands become short but sharp claws. Clawed punches inflict lethal damage.
-Enhanced Senses: The user's five senses become unnaturally acute. The character gains two dice on all Awareness rolls. The mutation is physically obvious in the Eyes.
-Scales: The user's skin changes and he is now covered in delicate
scales. Add 2B/2L to Soak. The character gains one die in all Survival pools and does not need to wear clothing to protect him against the elements.
-Wings: The user has a pair of wings with a wingspan of six yards and can fly. He flies at two times his normal running speed, ascends at his normal running speed and can dive at 10 times his running speed. He does not need to make checks to pull out of dives.

Child of Mother Earth
Prerequisites: Essence 2
Primordial Dragons were born from magma, the life-blood of Earth. This Knack permanently enhances the "Scales" mutation, giving the user an extra +4 soak against all fire attacks.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
Cost: 2m
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Stamina 3
The user can shift into what the Lunar Exalted call the War Form, a monstrous amalgam of human and dragon. He gains several feet in height and increases proportionally in mass. Muscles ripple across his form, which has fearsomely long and sharp fangs and claws. When the user is in War Form he heals even faster: halve the healing time for all wounds save Aggravated.
-When the user is in War Form he adds two dots each to Strength, Dexterity and Stamina. This increase can bring physical Attributes above five and only affect the user when he is in War Form. Any improved Attributes are considered natural.
-The user gains all mutations from Dragon Body Hybrid plus: clawed feet, that made the damage from kicks lethal; tail, which is purely cosmetic.

Dragon's Might Technique
Prerequisites: Essence 1, Stamina 1
Dragons are eternal: not so easily are their mighty bodies slain. This Knack gives the user additional health levels. He may purchase this Knack multiple times, but no more than once per dot of Stamina. Each purchase provides 1 additional Dying health level and one of the following:
-One -0 health level
-Two -1 health levels
-Three -2 health levels
-Four -4 health levels

Dragon's Breath
Cost: 4m
Prerequisites: Essence 1
The user can breath fire from his mouth. Rolls (Dexterity + [Athletics, Archery or Thrown]) to hit and add the user's Essence as extra successes if successful. Dragon's Breath has an area of effect 15 yards long and five yards wide, and it deals four lethal health levels of damage plus extra successes on the attack.

Infinite Factory of Life
Cost: 3m
Prerequisites: Essence 3, Stamina 4
The pay the motes cost to repair a single level of damage. That damage can be bashing or lethal, and the healing takes place in an instant without leaving a scar. Aggravated damage is beyond the power of this Knack to heal. Bruises, lacerations and bullet holes vanish before the astonished onlookers' eyes. This Knack can be used only once every time an attack inflicts damage on the user.

Predatory Focus
Prerequisites: Perception 3
The user is a hunter par excellence. With a successful (Perception + Survival) roll, he can track his prey by scent alone or by almost-invisible physical signs. With this Knack, the hunter can follow his prey across any sort of terrain as long as the prey continues to flee and does not take significant pains to mask its scent or minimize the disturbance its passing causes: the former entails such extremes as swimming a mile upstream in a rushing river or taking refuge inside a functioning hog rendering plant, the latter includes little short of levitating or flying.) Picking up a lost trail with this Knack requires a new (Perception + Survival) roll.

Instincts of the Beast
Whenever the user enters an area where an ambush is waiting, even if he has no reason to suspect he's in danger, certain tiny clues set his subconscious on edge, preparing him for an attack. When the attacker finally springs the surprise assault, the user hears the tiniest rustle of fabric, sees the slightest flicker in his peripheral vision or feels the gentlest twitch of displaced air, and the clues he already noticed all add up. Double the number of dices on the standard (Wits + Awareness) roll to detect the ambush.

Predator Reflexes
When an unexpected attack targets the user with this Knack but he fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, he instinctively defends himself with his highest applicable DV plus half of it rounded down. The character cannot preemptively attack his attacker or even shout out a warning to his comrades, as he's reacting to an attack that's already taking place, but he is much more likely to dodge or parry that attack. Nonetheless, the user cannot actually join battle himself until everyone else does after the unexpected attack is resolved.

these are a must for the upcoming battle with raiser. more fire resist more life more awareness will help us curbstomp the upcoming battle. The other knacks we should save for later as we don't have immediate use for them.

If we ever go to creation I just realized we have something like heart blood of a dragon. So were a bit like the lunars.....interesting

for knacks right now.......

[X]Dragon Body Hybrid
Fluff wise we can say because of the influx of dragon power and the fact that now it's naturally flowing thought his system that he can use it to shape shift into dragon parts. Basically natural shape shifting like a high ranking dragons can do.

Mechanically it's damn useful for many situations, we can even do lethal damage now instead of basing and not resort to using our spells or aggravated damage.

[X]Dragon's Might Technique
Fluff wise: We have been exposed and continue to be exposed to the dragon energy which strengthens our flesh to house it's mighty power

Mechanically: Heath boxes are a good investment, especially sense we are going the tank route it seems

[X]Predator Reflexes
Fluff: Our mind was altered a slight bit by the flood of energy. increasing the animal part of our mind in sensing danger

Mechanically: Less able to be surprised, also if I remember there was talk of getting a charm that did a similar thing as this or something

[X] Prodigious Leap and Uplifting Might
Fluff: As the energy fortified our flesh it enhanced out arm and leg muscles, making them more effective in their use

Mechanically: It's a nice upgrade in general without going and spending exp on our attributes.

[X]Iron Fortitude
Fluff: Dragons are beings born of power and so have no need of food,drink or much in sleep. The flood of energy has passed on this aspect of the dragon to us.

Mechanically: This would greatly enhance our training time! Not only that but....in general it's a good investment I think

[X] Dragon Body Hybrid
[X] Child of Mother Earth
[X] Dragon's Might Technique x2
-[X] Three -2 health levels
[X] Iron Fortitude
[X] Predator Reflexes

That's 6 Knacks, leaving us 3 for Deadly Dragoon Warrior, Infinite Factory of Life and another Dragon's Might Technique once we up our Stamina.

I don't think Instincts of the Beast is worth it when we can get Predator Reflexes.

Reflexes only doubles our join battle dice while Beast allows us to sense an ambush and react to it, unless I'm misunderstanding the knacks

codeRR said:
Reflexes only doubles our join battle dice while Beast allows us to sense an ambush and react to it, unless I'm misunderstanding the knacks

I think it's the other way around, actually.

Instincts of the Beast

Predator Reflexes

Oh.....huh.....need to change my vote then

Edit: Never mind I had picked reflexes....why was I trying to defend instinct?

Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 21)
Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes

Introduce the girls to Azazel?
[X] No
-[X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.

Tell Azazel about Exaltation and all that it implies?
[X] No

Tell Azazel about your research on the Evil Pieces?
[X] No

[X] First Occult Excellency, Fists of Iron Technique {16 EXP total}

----

As you reach, following Ddraig's instructions, the source deep into Boosted Gear and let it loose power flares from the gauntlets, green and full of pride and arrogance. Faced with the challenge your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the Authority of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

Wind blows rattling your windows and tousling your hair as your power writhes, a shimmering field of Gold and Green surrounding you. In your soul two dragons are locked together thrashing against each other as you try to calm them: one born from Pride, Arrogance and Freedom, the other born from Virtue, Perfection and Authority.

Time flows slowly as Dominion wrestles with Excellence, neither giving way and neither surrendering. All the while you watch on from the quiet of your mind: taking note of how this new power flows and pools within you, and how you may direct it to reduce the strain it places on your body and mind.

It takes hours, a continuous effort that is made possible only thanks to your previous training, but you finally reach what you consider an acceptable level.

You channel a tint bit of power just the right way and watch in fascination as your hand shifts into a five-digited claw with red scales and back with but a thought.

[You did it! You really did it!] You can hear the pride in Ddraig's voice. Despite his quirks, you're quite fond of your partner and having him praise you like that feels good. [That was the fastest mastering of Dragon Power I have ever seen!]

'Did you see many attempt it?'

[Nope. This was the first.]

You sweatdrop. "Well, good. Alright, if you don't have anything else to add..." You say aloud and yawn. "That was tiring, and I want to sleep."

[Go on. You deserve it partner.]

----

You wake up around seven o'clock, feeling reinvigorated. This will be a day with a lot of issues to address, but for now you can relax.

Of course the doorbell chooses that moment to ring.

"I'm going." You tell your mother who is cooking. Since you're the closest to the door it's only fair you do it.

What greets you upon opening the door is a pretty red headed male, with shoulder length hair and wearing a suit.

Sayanomiya_Kaoru.png

"Greetings Hyodo Issei-san." He says in a respectful tone. "My name is Sayanomiya Kaoru and I am here on behalf of the History Compilation Committee."

You stare at him. "Because I am the Sekiryuutei?"

"Yes."

You facepalm. "Does everyone and their mothers know about it? It was supposed to be a secret? How?"

"We have our methods." Sayanomiya-san smiles.

"You mean spies?"

"Maybe." His smile grows larger.

----

Five minutes later you and Sayanomiya-san are sitting on the living room's sofas, facing each other. It took some time to convince the girls, and an Excellency to convince your parents, but now you can discuss without fearing eavesdroppers.

"First, I must apologize for visiting at such an early hour." He begins. "Unfortunately I have a tight schedule and it was decided I must be the one to meet you in person. As a compensation I am willing to give you a ride to school after our talk."

"No need." You wave him off. "It wouldn't be the first time I need to run, so I am good at it. Just, get to the point please."

"As you wish. I would like to begin with a question: from your reaction it's clear you knew already what the History Compilation Committee is and the possible reason for why we would contact you. How exactly did you learn about it?"

"It was Abe Kiyome-sempai, a student at my schools who first told me about you guys." You answer.

"Abe...a renowned clan of Youkai Tamers if I remember right." He muses. "This makes thing easier. As you asked I will get to the point: we would like you to join the History Compilation Committee."

'Ddraig. Does every faction want Longinus possessors in their ranks?'

[That goes without saying. I am surprised they didn't contact you earlier. Then again, this is Devil's territory.]

You nod in your mind. "While I am flattered by the offer-" You fold your fingers together. "If you truly are in the knows about your situation, you also know why I need to decline."

"Your contract with the Gremory Devil's Clan?" You nod. "I admit there was anxiety in the Committee when it was learned the Sekiryuutei of this generation appeared in a Devil's territory. Many feared that you would ended reincarnated as one, a servant of the Devil Faction."

{As if I would let you.} Bright scoffs. {A Lawgiver, a servant? Just the mere suggestion is an offense punishable with death!}

'Hush sensei. I'm having a serious conversation.'

A sharp spike of pain lets you know exactly how much she appreciated your comment.

Biting your lower lip to keep from screaming you concentrate back on what Sayanomiya-san is saying. "...While many are overjoyed you are Japanese. I respect your integrity into respecting the accords taken, but we would still like to acquire your services. We are also ready to negotiate with the Gremory Clan."

At his words you can't help but nurture a slight suspicion. "Is there a particular reason you want me on your side? Beside the obvious ones of course. Your words, Sayanomiya-san, just seem to indicate something more."

"You are sharp Hyodo-san." He looks impressed before frowning. "While I can't share the details I can say that...troubles are brewing on the horizon for Japan. For now they are nothing more than conjectures, but we have reason to believe that certain elements are looking to disrupt Japan's peace. And not all of them come from the same source. In short, many are acting independently from one another. And the worst part is that the barrier between the supernatural and the mundane world is at a risk."

He sighs. "We are investigating of course. But since we lack any definite proof we can't act freely as we want. If we send a strong agent, his fame would make the targets hid away. And if we send a weak one, he would lack the means to discover the truth. So..." He makes a knowing grin. "What if we send someone without any great accomplishments or fame on his name, but that has a quality that makes people respect him?"

"Like a Longinus possessor. Better, one with a Dragon-type Sacred Gear." You finishes for him.

"That's right." He smiles. "So, what do you think?"

[]Write-in.
----

One after the other. Issei can't truly catch a breath, can he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back