• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
Better. I would like to have some time to consult with Rias and Eiko about this, so possibly add a line asking if he can get back to us in a few days and I'll vote for that.

*Nod*.
Here's a modified variant.

I'm going to exercise so I'll wait a few hours before I'll check on this again.

[] As far as associations go, I'm afraid I can't make that decision at that time. There's still far too little I know of the supernatural for me to be comfortable at this stage to make that commitment. The same applies to this investigation you're asking of me. While I know of the Fallen Angel, Devil & Angelic factions my knowledge of them is still cursory & I'd want to know about any independent groups or supernatural individuals I might interact with during this fact finding search. If you could provide me with this information on the supernatural world & either a means to contact you or for you to return in a few days time I'd be prepared to inform you of my decision.

There are at least two other issues I would like to speak with you on though. The first is a matter that I think falls squarely within your organization's purview. I've recently assisted a kami, Tomofuri-san, in rebuilding his shrine. Sadly during the years it was in disrepair worship of him as fallen off & only a few shrine goers visit him. I would to formally request on his behalf any assistance you can offer in helping to increase the number of people who attend & offer prayers to him.

The second is something you've just touched on, namely the breakdown between the barrier between the supernatural & the mundane world. The person who I mentioned explained your organization to me, Abe Kiyome-sempai, was recently assaulted by a local gang the Snakes. While I was able to intervene, Kiyome-sempai was restricted in the options she could take without exposing her supernatural connections. I am taking steps to see that this group will no longer pose problems, but they are sufficiently well organized that there's a risk, however minor, there will be some evidence of my use of my powers after I've dealt with them. I'd appreciate your assistance in covering up evidence of my actions against them & any other support you could offer on the matter.

I would rather have an idea of what we can offer them in exchange for their helping us. could we just ask for details on the issues they would like our help with and then consult Eiko and Rias so we know what we can get for helping them?

Silversun17 said:
I would rather have an idea of what we can offer them in exchange for their helping us. could we just ask for details on the issues they would like our help with and then consult Eiko and Rias so we know what we can get for helping them?

My most recent vote does that. We'll defer the matter of the association for the next few days.

But we really don't need to offer them something for them to help us on Tomofuri-san. They're group is pretty much obligated to help him, as a member of the Japanese pantheon. If they're unwilling to help us on that matter it'll speak to how much they care about their less powerful members. Worth asking just to gauge their response in my opinion. I note that I assist ask on his behalf making it clear that while we're interested in their assistance, it's not for our sake but Tomofuri-san.

While it might be worth deferring on the Snakes as that's something that they are less obligated to help us on we did vote to pursue them. By the time we might arrange a better deal we'll have already dealt with them.

Both of the two issues are something we can handle ourselves so it's not a big loss if we they decline to help. Plus if we stunt this & use irresistible salesman among other charms we can easily convince them. Plus I'm tempting them with the Issue of the snakes. That'll be their chance to show us what benefits being associated with them might offer. If they can't even assist us with a matter that small, well, I'm not so sure exactly what they can offer us that would make it worth our time to help with their investigation.

I want to avoid dealing with the Heros faction & other groups until we're stronger. They need to offer us something valuable to entice me & helping with the Snakes will give us a chance to see what assets they can offer.

MHLord said:
Where IS Eiko right now anyway?

We can summon her whenever we need her. I suppose off flying around somewhere...

I'll stunt in an hour or so.

The Stunt I had in mind would include some dramatic gesture as we make our case to her. Drawing on our presence talents as well as unknowingly draw on our charm & appearance as we get a little close as we're impassioned in our comments. Not knowing she's a girl actually makes it easier in some ways...

I'm trying to think of a way to minimize backlash if she seems hesitant to accept our appeals.

Any specific suggestions on my idea for a stunt.

codeRR said:

Glad you approve of the plan. I'd ask that others hold up on voting just until we've decided on a stunt. Since we're asking for help with the snakes & Tomofuri-san I want to maximize our chances.

Also the building whose stairs I run up is closed so I'll be able to respond faster than I expected.

I think we should channel [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

We're requesting assistance because we want to help Tomofuri-san & we're handling the snakes because of what they tried to do to Kiyome & we want to prevent similiar people form being victimized. I think we can channel compassion....

I'd also like to make a strong impression...

megrisvernin said:
I think we should channel [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

We're requesting assistance because we want to help Tomofuri-san & we're handling the snakes because of what they tried to do to Kiyome & we want to prevent similiar people form being victimized. I think we can channel compassion....

I'd also like to make a strong impression...

It should if it works...... and I think we would need it. She/he (don't know which yet) is leader and likely has a high social so I think we really do need it

[X] Plan Megris

If this is how easy mode is going, I don't want to know what Alexander had in mind with the more difficult options...

John At DAwn said:
While it would be a bad idea to be rude, I have been thinking about this.

Would we benefit from the masquerade breaking? Not if we do it our self, but would it make things easier for us?
How does an Exalt benefit from the masquerade breaking? Television, my friend, television. Unless the whole "gains power from having everyone think that they're awesome" thing is from a fanfic that I read. Plus our Kami ally would be able to work a lot more openly, which would increase his worship, making him a more valuable ally. There are probably other things I'm forgetting. I will agree on the rudeness issue, though.

Selias said:
How does an Exalt benefit from the masquerade breaking? Television, my friend, television. Unless the whole "gains power from having everyone think that they're awesome" thing is from a fanfic that I read. Plus our Kami ally would be able to work a lot more openly, which would increase his worship.

You talking about the cult background right?

codeRR said:
You talking about the cult background right?
Maybe. I haven't actually played Exalted, since none of my friends like pen and paper RPGs, so all of my knowledge comes from fanfics and checking info on websites.

Selias said:
Maybe. I haven't actually played Exalted, since none of my friends like pen and paper RPGs, so all of my knowledge comes from fanfics and checking info on websites.

Gods know that worship gives them power. Your character also learned this lesson and has worshipers who honor her as their patron goddess. It doesn't matter if the character's worshipers love or fear her. What matters is that they make regular offerings and prayers to her. However, cults based upon love endure far longer when facing oppression or persecution. If you actively aid your worshipers, your cult will grow and spread. However, the Wyld Hunt attempts to destroy all Solar cults.

Trait Description
• You have a small but devoted cult. Perhaps a halfdozen full-time priests or nuns tend a few shrines and make offerings to you. Every morning when you awaken, you automatically gain one additional point of temporary Willpower.
•• The members of one large community or several small ones worship you. Several hundred people make daily prayers and small offerings to you. You gain a point of temporary Willpower every morning and also regain two motes of Essence per hour from worship.
••• You are venerated in a large region. Several thousand people daily seek your favor or forbearance. (Characters who are god-kings of a single city have this level of worship.) You may regain one point of temporary Willpower once every 24 hours as a reflexive action. You gain three additional motes of Essence per hour from the power of the cult. The Realm has heard rumors of your worship.
•••• An entire nation honors you. Tens of thousands revere you as one of their primary deities. Regional festivals in your name draw merchants and traders from surrounding lands. You may have a city sacred to you where you rule either symbolically or in truth. Once every 12 hours, you may gain back a point of temporary Willpower, and your cult gives you four additional Essence motes per hour. The Wyld Hunt certainly knows of you and will soon attempt to destroy you.
••••• Many people throughout one of the four quarters of Creation worship you. There, you are the deity of some major sphere of life such as hunting, war or procreation. The people hold seasonal festivals in your honor, children bear your name, and many claim that their actions are done to aid you and your cult. Every six hours, you gain a point of temporary Willpower, and you regain six motes per hour from the constant prayers. The entire Realm will soon mobilize against you, and even the gods grow jealous of your power.
Note: No Solar Exalt can start a series with a Cult rating higher than 2.

got this from a wiki just to let you know

[x]
aka plan merg

also alexander try to show more of the angel side. dxd shows very little of it :( and maybe we can take some of their shiny angels over to our side. this may or may not be bias over having finished sora no otoshimono over the weekend XD

Last edited by a moderator:
codeRR said:
Gods know that worship gives them power. Your character also learned this lesson and has worshipers who honor her as their patron goddess. It doesn't matter if the character's worshipers love or fear her. What matters is that they make regular offerings and prayers to her. However, cults based upon love endure far longer when facing oppression or persecution. If you actively aid your worshipers, your cult will grow and spread. However, the Wyld Hunt attempts to destroy all Solar cults.

Trait Description
• You have a small but devoted cult. Perhaps a halfdozen full-time priests or nuns tend a few shrines and make offerings to you. Every morning when you awaken, you automatically gain one additional point of temporary Willpower.
•• The members of one large community or several small ones worship you. Several hundred people make daily prayers and small offerings to you. You gain a point of temporary Willpower every morning and also regain two motes of Essence per hour from worship.
••• You are venerated in a large region. Several thousand people daily seek your favor or forbearance. (Characters who are god-kings of a single city have this level of worship.) You may regain one point of temporary Willpower once every 24 hours as a reflexive action. You gain three additional motes of Essence per hour from the power of the cult. The Realm has heard rumors of your worship.
•••• An entire nation honors you. Tens of thousands revere you as one of their primary deities. Regional festivals in your name draw merchants and traders from surrounding lands. You may have a city sacred to you where you rule either symbolically or in truth. Once every 12 hours, you may gain back a point of temporary Willpower, and your cult gives you four additional Essence motes per hour. The Wyld Hunt certainly knows of you and will soon attempt to destroy you.
••••• Many people throughout one of the four quarters of Creation worship you. There, you are the deity of some major sphere of life such as hunting, war or procreation. The people hold seasonal festivals in your honor, children bear your name, and many claim that their actions are done to aid you and your cult. Every six hours, you gain a point of temporary Willpower, and you regain six motes per hour from the constant prayers. The entire Realm will soon mobilize against you, and even the gods grow jealous of your power.
Note: No Solar Exalt can start a series with a Cult rating higher than 2.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

It can be a good idea we just have to build up from our small....'cult' we currently have.

But 3 things limit us right now

1. We don't know about 'worship=power

2. Would we IC want to do that?

3. Would we care yet?

Here's my stunt. I've integrated it with the dialogue we use, enhancing Issei's words & arguments. I'm looking forward to some feedback.

[X] Plan Megris

Channeling [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

As Sayanomiya-san's finishes you place your left arm under your chin allowing it to rest on couch's side as you clearly consider her words. You know far too little to commit at this time but you think being too dismissive might reduce the chance the History Compilation Committee might help in regards to Tomofuri-san or other matters. After a minute you begin, your voice resolute but allowing some regret to show on your features and a sympathetic tone to color your words.

"As far as associations go, I'm afraid I can't make that decision at that time Sayanomiya-san. There's still far too little I know of the supernatural for me to be comfortable at this stage to make that commitment. The same applies to this investigation you're asking of me. While I know of the Fallen Angel, Devil & Angelic factions my knowledge of them is still cursory & I'd want to know about any independent groups or supernatural individuals I might interact with during this fact finding search. If you could provide me with this information on the supernatural world & either a means to contact you or for you to return in a few days time I'd be prepared to inform you of my decision.

You pause for a moment as you shift your posture, leaning forward from the couch & interlacing your fingers together letting a thoughtful expression crossing your face. But before allowing Sayanomiya-san to respond you begin again.

"There are at least two other issues I would like to speak with you on though," you say giving her a reassuring smile. "The first is a matter that I think falls squarely within your organization's purview. I've recently assisted a kami, Tomofuri-san, in rebuilding his shrine. Sadly during the years it was in disrepair worship of him as fallen off & only a few shrine goers visit him. I would to formally request on his behalf any assistance you can offer in helping to increase the number of people who attend & offer prayers to him.

The second is something you've just touched on, namely the breakdown between the barrier between the supernatural & the mundane world." You rise from the couch but remain close enough to rest one arm on it turning to turn to gaze through a nearby window your expression darkening as you recall the scene you came upon in that alleyway.

"The person who I mentioned explained your organization to me, Abe Kiyome-sempai, was recently assaulted by a local gang the Snakes. While I was able to intervene, Kiyome-sempai was restricted in the options she could take without exposing her supernatural connections.

Your face tightens & as you squeeze the couch arm harder, tension clear in your posture.
"I am taking steps to see that this group will no longer pose problems, but they are sufficiently well organized that there's a risk, however minor, there will be some evidence of my use of my powers after I've dealt with them."

Your body relaxes & you turn back to Sayanomiya-san no sign of the fierce expression remaining on your face. "I'd appreciate your assistance in covering up evidence of my actions against them & any other support you could offer on the matter."

Actions are in italics.

For the first gesture I was thinking of something like.

1016867.jpg

When we interlace our fingers I was thinking of

SuperStock_1557R-302933.jpg

̶[̶X̶]̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶M̶e̶g̶r̶i̶s̶

I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶[̶F̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶E̶x̶c̶e̶l̶l̶e̶n̶c̶y̶ ̶+̶ ̶I̶r̶r̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶S̶a̶l̶e̶s̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶S̶p̶i̶r̶i̶t̶+̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶n̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶o̶m̶p̶a̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶]̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶g̶r̶e̶e̶?̶

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶d̶o̶/̶x̶a̶n̶a̶t̶o̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶A̶w̶e̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶r̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶/̶s̶c̶e̶n̶a̶r̶i̶o̶(̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶.̶)̶

Diller said:
[X] Plan Megris

I thought we were going to do this [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion] to boost our chances of getting her to agree?

Also that second pose we gendo/xanatos posed. Awesome too bad we can't go all according to the plan/scenario(at least in character.)

I've edited that in. I wanted feedback in case I screwed up the stunt before I formally added it to my plan.

megrisvernin said:
I've edited that in. I wanted feedback in case I screwed up the stunt before I formally added it to my plan.

On a side note. Does anyone have any examples of 3 die stunts? Obviously you can't really plan them out too much, they have to just be the perfect reaction for scene in a way that's hard to predict but I'd like having some examples to look towards.

You know I thought you were going to go for a "wanting to see the barrier broken down" angle with the Abe-sempai not being able to fend off her attackers line you used. That would be the natural train of thought to me.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
You know I thought you were going to go for a "wanting to see the barrier broken down" angle with the Abe-sempai not being able to fend off her attackers line you used. That would be the natural train of thought to me.

That would be a mistake a this point. The status quo does protect us a little & having it fall into chaos would be...problematic.

IC it actually helps us a bit. Remember that Sayanomiya-san is here to gauge our reactions & personality as much as anything else. Making it clear that we're quite upset at Abe being constrained by it to the point she was in danger & that we're going to resolve the matter with our powers one way or another. We're looking to minimize the impact sure, but we're going to do it. The only question at this point is the level of collateral damage.

At her words you can't help but nurture a slight suspicion. "Is there a particular reason you want me on your side? Beside the obvious ones of course. Your words, Sayanomiya-san, just seem to indicate something more."

hmmm, ether Issei's Oppai-sensor is pinging, or this be a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back