• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Alexander said:
*fist pump* Yes!

Alexander said:
Issei can, theoretically, learn Ki/Touki.
*giggles*

Alexander said:
However, since he uses Essence the results...well, it's like using the propellant for a rocket to the moon on a car.
A better way to phrase this would be "like running a car on rocket fuel".

Mu-Sensei said:
I think you meant this quote http://www.batoto.net/read/_/80817/mahou-sensei-negima_v11_ch92_by_aquastar-fansubs/5 about magic being using power outwardly, while Ki being used internally.

Although your explanation does fit the styles their more used with.
That's also a good way, but I was talking more about how it's used, not where the energy comes from.

Now, for some speculation:
Did you know that the horseman normally interpreted as "Pestilance", was originally called "Conquest", and wielded a bow? And, perhaps more importantly, rode a white horse?

If Weiss and her rapier appears, it would fit with that: rapiers are associated with elegance, and make a good match with a bow(accuracy). Both a white color-scheme. Weiss's family in RWBY are rich and employs oppressive policies to maintain their monopoly. As her rapier, as we see Weiss use various coloured sigils in RWBY, I suspect she would be a magician in this, and her rapier has the ability to absorb and release magic.

Now, for Blake, the black horseman is associated with famine, and wielded scales. Besides the fact that in RWBY she came from a oppressed minority, her weapon appears, if you squint a bit, like a scale. As for it's power, I suspect it would be self-replication, which fits with the "famine" theme: more mouths to feed! Also, would be interesting in the bedroom. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Plan Smuthunter

actually what does issei need to do to reach full dragon form? Since it will be hilarious watching peoples reaction to full dragon going juggernaut drive XD

Fark knows, probably raise our Essence, Stamina and maybe a few other things to 5 /shrug I don't think its going to happen quickly

Smuthunter said:
Yeah but that's a really shallow reason to fall for someone, and Alex is in the habit of giving characters greater depth than they started with.

Well we did get the reason she was interested in him in volume 14.

"……Ise-sama, can I talk a bit about something which happened a long time ago?"

She then says it as if she has made up her mind.

"I had my heart shaking with excitement when my butler told me a story about heroes. I had my young heart filled with the dream of wanting to become a woman who can support such a hero. But as I gradually got older, I forgot about it without realising it……"

Ravel then looks straight at me.

"But that dream came back naturally. His master,—seeing Ise-sama who fought Raiser-onii-sama for the sake of the woman he likes, the dream that I had when I was young came back to me gradually……and when I realised it, I was researching every single piece of information about Ise-sama. You are very straight forward, curious about girls, and are very honest about your own desires. But you are passionate, very thoughtful of your comrades, and keep on walking forward to pursue your dream. That shine is something which isn't present around me, in the upper echelons of society."

I……was shining? Ravel continues.

"—I want to stand beside and watch over Ise-sama's dream. That's the dream I started to have from a single thought. My selfish illusion…… The reason why I came here is because of my own selfish thoughts…… But, I was really happy when I was appointed Ise-sama's manager…… And I also hope that I can remain working beside you from now on as well……"

Ravel has always wanted to support a hero who follows his dreams no matter what and protects te things he loves. Meaning once she realizes we're doing this for the sake of our friends and we don't actually kill off Raiser then she'll probably come to us after learning everything she can about us.

[X] Plan Smuthunter

nightblade said:
I'm pretty sure you meant drive raiser into the ground not air. Unless Issei figured out how to make the ground as hard as rock.
?
noahgab1133 said:
[X] Plan Smuthunter

actually what does issei need to do to reach full dragon form? Since it will be hilarious watching peoples reaction to full dragon going juggernaut drive XD
More Essence and Stamina. Also, repurchasing Dragon Essence Domination and get the appropriate Knack.

as a side note, at some point in the future we simply MUST get Perform to 3 so we can get this charm

Phantom-Conjuring Performance
Cost: —; Mins: Performance 3, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Obvious
Duration: Variable
Prerequisite Charms: Any Performance Excellency
Required for Charms: Memory Reweaving Discipline, Demon-Wracking Glory, Horizon-to-Horizon Performance Method

Essence enhances the Solar's arts. This Charm allows the Solar to create ghostly images, Essence flares, ethereal music and strange sensory effects when using a Performance Excellency or Presence Excellency. These effects do not seem entirely real, they remain within (Essence x 10) yards of the Solar, and they cannot be used to confuse or deceive others without a stunt. This Charm has no cost, but the Solar need not use its effects.

At Performance and Essence 4+ a Solar with this Charm may personalize the expressions of his iconic anima displays, changing its appearance each time it flares up. Deathknights with this Charm's Abyssal Mirror gain the same benefit.

Free in character sound track whenever we damn well want, yes please /laugh

Dohna "Oh fuck my life, the fight music's starting up, every body hit the deck, things are about to get bloody."

heheheh our own fighting music

Also I really think we should get touki at some point when we become aware of it. It just seems really useful for us. Like if for some reason we can't use our charms we have some sort of melee enhancing power along with our DXD spells

If we're going to get our own fight song we need to swap out I Burn for something else. That one has Yang's personal seal on it.

I like Cosmic Air (CCC Gilgamesh Theme) which i posted a link for yesterday, it has the right tone I think, it also sounds like something Bright would approve of I think ^^

EternitynChaos said:
I like Cosmic Air (CCC Gilgamesh Theme) which i posted a link for yesterday, it has the right tone I think, it also sounds like something Bright would approve of I think ^^
If you all want to change it, I'm willing to put it on vote.

Rolling:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4526637/

Successes: 21

Updating now...

Fuck, I hope we didn't kill him.

Ouch poor Raiser, lucky him we went for Clinch and Release, rather then the more classic Clinch Grind Grind Grind Grind Grind, ewww whats that dripping on my shoes, oh my enemy right, Release. /laugh

EternitynChaos said:

:eek: I just heard this, and it is AWESOME!!!

We have to make this our official battle music! :D

BFldyq said:
Fuck, I hope we didn't kill him.

Ravel will probably get between us before we finish him like in canon.

EternitynChaos said:
Ouch poor Raiser, lucky him we went for Clinch and Release, rather then the more classic Clinch Grind Grind Grind Grind Grind, ewww whats that dripping on my shoes, oh my enemy right, Release. /laugh

yeah. Still we are owning his ass. He'll probably be even more tramutized then in canon at this rate.

Diller said:
Well we did get the reason she was interested in him in volume 14.

Ravel has always wanted to support a hero who follows his dreams no matter what and protects te things he loves. Meaning once she realizes we're doing this for the sake of our friends and we don't actually kill off Raiser then she'll probably come to us after learning everything she can about us.

[X] Plan Smuthunter
That's... really just the same thing with more words.

It's more significant that she points out the condition of upper-class devil society. "I wanted to serve a hero" she says, but why does she want to serve rather than be one herself? Perhaps a consciousness of her position in the Phenex family, that she has responsibilities of one sort or another that preclude her making her own choices, so she compromises and makes what choices she can.

Except that she's surrounded by self-motivated politicians, people who aren't worthy of her devotion; even Raiser, her own family isn't really worthy of the kind of devotion she wants to give. And then along comes Issei, a shining beacon of simple idealism of the sort that she was starting to think didn't really exist anymore.

What's really important about Ravel's character isn't that she wants to serve the protagonist or some ideal of a hero, but that she wants to serve something greater than herself.

Or something. I like the idea of a person who became jaded and cynical reclaiming their ability to believe in good things.

overmind said:
:eek: I just heard this, and it is AWESOME!!!

We have to make this our official battle music! :D
Eh. It's alright, but I don't think it fits us. It fits the Red Dragon Emperor, sure, but does it fit Hyoudou Issei?

I prefer to have our options open and variety is the spice of life XD Though I was currently playing this when i read the latest update https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6TJETIUbI

It just hit me dragons have infinite life force, juggernaut drive runs off life force for its duration. If we work on it we can have juggernaut form active indefinitely or at least for a full battle. And then we teach it to vali >:D

cue the leader of the other factions are gonna have a bad case of diarrhea or aneurysms :))

Alexander said:
?More Essence and Stamina. Also, repurchasing Dragon Essence Domination and get the appropriate Knack.
In the update it says that Issei driving Raiser into the air and for some reason it causes a crunch to happen. Next Sentience reads out like they are are on the ground.

nightblade said:
In the update it says that Issei driving Raiser into the air and for some reason it causes a crunch to happen. Next Sentience reads out like they are are on the ground.

ah thats a typo from my write in that i missed :( it should be ground.

Also where is holy dragon shout at on our charm and knack list? Cause I don't see it anywhere. Is it dragon wave?

[X] New Theme Song for Issei Cosmic Air https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfN8n4lH6pY

How about this music? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woe84AijdEU&

It's even from a band called DragonForce, and is listed by Onyx Path as Exalted mood music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiNRTdSDh6-W-pDDYR4qqBSMwOkInNnG5

nightblade said:
Also where is holy dragon shout at on our charm and knack list? Cause I don't see it anywhere.

Dragon Wave is the actual charm name, its origonal name was Dragon Shot, Issei changed that to Dragon Wave, it lets him switch out damage types for 1 mote, one of those is Holy

EternitynChaos said:
No. Cosmic Air is good for this situation. But as a theme music, I would have to go with Dragon Force.

However, in case we need something for when we want to say or do something epic with the anima flaring, I suggest this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgS2wY3H7fE

nightblade said:
Also where is holy dragon shout at on our charm and knack list? Cause I don't see it anywhere.
It's actually Dragon Wave with the holy effect attached to it.

BFldyq said:
How about this music? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woe84AijdEU&

It's even from a band called DragonForce, and is listed by Onyx Path as Exalted mood music: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiNRTdSDh6-W-pDDYR4qqBSMwOkInNnG5
Pfft. If you're going with Dragonforce you need to go with Heart of a Dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-qo68EOp4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back