• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Lon said:
How dragonlike are we anyway? From the sounds of it, it sounds like we're a full on western dragon. So I'm kind of worried we can't do it, what with the charms not working while we're inhuman or the fact that we don't have hands.
Not really. We walk on two legs.

Also what is this?

The bonfire of Essence reaches a new crescendo. The totemic image of the great crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum that is your symbol appears in all his glory behind you, towering above everything with an impressive height of sixteen meters while he mimics your actions. Behind him an evening-colored labyrinth of ice that spins slowly, reflecting red-gold from every facet.

Is it bright?

As a side note, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the reactions to our comments this scene from the crowd ^^Rias and the others are well aware just what sort of threats it would have taken against our friends to get us into this sort of rage I think, so it should be intresting.

Dohna "Better him then me"

Kala "Yes"

Kiba "Well, that explains alot"

Akeno "Well, at least he has two brothers, so its not like his parents will be short an heir"

Rias "Oh dear -_-"

Anyone else concerned that we might be scaring Ravel away?

Also, we really have to make sure we don't kill the guy. Otherwise, it'll cause problems for us and the Gremory clan. While if he's still alive, and prove what he said, the Phenex clan will be indebted instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Devil, considering what Issei did to her brother in the main line, I wouldn't worry to much

BFldyq said:
A bit. What will really matter is how we'll end it. Better not go too far.

Then again, at this rate, she may just jump between Issei and her brother.

EternitynChaos said:
...Devil, considering what Issei did to her brother in the main line, I wouldn't worry to much
Issei didn't turn into a 3 metre tall Dragon in canon.

No he turned into a bloody Rider knock off, and I say again, DEVIL, if something like this was going to scare her off she would never have gone near Issei in the first place

"I always thought you were an idiot Raiser, but now," I grinned, my snarling teeth shining as my own fire began to build. "Now you've gone and proven it. I mean honestly who tries to overpowerer a fire-breathing dragon with their own element?
>
Fight Fire with Fire baby! Time to show Raiser precisely why the flames of a dragon are so greatly feared. ANd that's without considering the effect of the boosted gear (cough)bullshitspacemagic(cough) added on.

nightblade said:
Also what is this?

The bonfire of Essence reaches a new crescendo. The totemic image of the great crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum that is your symbol appears in all his glory behind you, towering above everything with an impressive height of sixteen meters while he mimics your actions. Behind him an evening-colored labyrinth of ice that spins slowly, reflecting red-gold from every facet.

Is it bright?
The labyrinth of ice probably represents her, yeah.

BFldyq said:
Possibly, but I imagine that if we beat up on Raiser enough she'll jump in to protect him like she did in canon and we can call off the fight and compliment her on her courage or something.

here a quote about her from the wiki

She strongly believes that her brother is so powerful, no one could ever possibly defeat him. However, after witnessing his crushing defeat at the hands of Issei, she becomes attracted to him, and later falls in love with him as the series progresses, albeit in tsundere tendencies.

I was just reading the latest kenichi chapter, and it fucking hit me.

All the "Master" level martial artists (and most of the students) have battle auras, usually shaped like an animal or creature and they can all do blatantly superhuman bullshit by focusing their "Chi"

is Chi another name for Essence? are the "Battle Auras" some sort of makeshift Anima banner?

Are highly skilled martial artists not just heroic mortals, but enlightened too?

I suppose the best place (in story) for kenichi to become "enlightened" would be the scene in the river while he's training with the grandmaster, trying to complete his "Bubble defence" thing by sensing/catching fish blindfolded while the Grandmaster attacks him with clubs.

Have these mortals found a rudimentary way to awaken themselves through sheer bloody-minded determination?

Although, that would imply essence was here before we exalted...

So just your typical supernatural, "I have a thing for powerful beings" shtick then. Then again Issei's Dragon Aura probably helps things along.

EternitynChaos said:
here a quote about her from the wiki
Yeah but that's a really shallow reason to fall for someone, and Alex is in the habit of giving characters greater depth than they started with.

oh I've no doubt she will have other reasons, I'm just saying us thrashing her brother is unlikely to make her hate us, I mean a) she's a Devil and they really are all about being strong and everything, and b) she's a Phoenix ^^; as is her brother, as long as we don't finish him off for good we should be fine, probably one of the biggest things before we meet her is going to be our 'Dragon Swag' it seems to like the Blondes /laugh got to have a lot of gold for the horde after all

TheInnerHollow said:
"I always thought you were an idiot Raiser, but now," I grinned, my snarling teeth shining as my own fire began to build. "Now you've gone and proven it. I mean honestly who tries to overpowerer a fire-breathing dragon with their own element?
>
Fight Fire with Fire baby! Time to show Raiser precisely why the flames of a dragon are so greatly feared. ANd that's without considering the effect of the boosted gear (cough)bullshitspacemagic(cough) added on.
Welcome to QQ and my quest! 8)

Are there new arrivals I have overlooked? I need to greet them properly.

Seem like Smut is winning, I will update in a few hours.

lol, shounen is all about flashy stuff and you stop the other before he unleashes his super-awesome attack. I can't decide if be sad or praising you :)

iamnuff said:

All the "Master" level martial artists (and most of the students) have battle auras, usually shaped like an animal or creature and they can all do blatantly superhuman bullshit by focusing their "Chi"

is Chi another name for Essence? are the "Battle Auras" some sort of makeshift Anima banner?

Are highly skilled martial artists not just heroic mortals, but enlightened too?

I suppose the best place (in story) for kenichi to become "enlightened" would be the scene in the river while he's training with the grandmaster, trying to complete his "Bubble defence" thing by sensing/catching fish blindfolded while the Grandmaster attacks him with clubs.

Have these mortals found a rudimentary way to awaken themselves through sheer bloody-minded determination?

Nope. Chi is not another name for essence.

TheInnerHollow said:
>
Um we can't breath fire yet. Need to meet a dragon king and have flameds breathed on us.

nightblade said:
Also why is our Tail cosmetic? We could use it to hit people.
Presumably we don't have sufficiently developed muscles for it to be prehensile enough to be used that way. We could probably stunt ourselves just smacking someone with it, but it wouldn't have any advantages compared to any other unarmed attack.

Smuthunter said:
Presumably we don't have sufficiently developed muscles for it to be prehensile enough to be used that way. We could probably stunt ourselves just smacking someone with it, but it wouldn't have any advantages compared to any other unarmed attack.
Ddriag uses his tail to hit people.

Alexander said:
lol, shounen is all about flashy stuff and you stop the other before he unleashes his super-awesome attack. I can't decide if be sad or praising you :)

It's not our fault our mentors are two of the most genre savvy people out there /laugh

Beo "hmmmm this reminds me of a very bored cat beating up a particularly retarded puppy, I could watch this all day ;p"

iamnuff said:

It's also called "Ki", and it's something that appears in DxD as well, with the aura being called a "Touki". Sairaorg Bael managed to obtain the ability to use Touki through extensive training of his body.

From the front page, Alexander's divided it into "Ki Manipulation", "Touki" and "Senjutsu". From what I gather, Ki Manipulation is the basics for both, while Touki is the art of applying it to your own body(inwards), while Senjutsu is the art of synchronizing it with the world(ourwards).

Meaning that all the Martial Artists capable of using Sei or Dou Ki in Kenichi, and hence here, are using a kind of supernatural ability.

Comparing it to Exalted: Touki is supernatural martial arts, while Senjutsu is Sorcery.

Or, a better example, comparing it to Negima: Touki is the Magic Swordsman style, and Senjutsu is the Wizard style, and like them, the difference between them disappears at the highest levels.

BFldyq said:
It's also called "Ki", and it's something that appears in DxD as well, with the aura being called a "Touki". Sairaorg Bael managed to obtain the ability to use Touki through extensive training of his body.

From the front page, Alexander's divided it into "Ki Manipulation", "Touki" and "Senjutsu". From what I gather, Ki Manipulation is the basics for both, while Touki is the art of applying it to your own body(inwards), while Senjutsu is the art of synchronizing it with the world(ourwards).

Meaning that all the Martial Artists capable of using Sei or Dou Ki in Kenichi, and hence here, are using a kind of supernatural ability.

Comparing it to Exalted: Touki is supernatural martial arts, while Senjutsu is Sorcery.

Or, a better example, comparing it to Negima: Touki is the Magic Swordsman style, and Senjutsu is the Wizard style, and like them, the difference between them disappears at the highest levels.
Correct.

The term "Touki" means "battle spirit". While common usage of Ki can do many of DxD Touki's effects, it lack the sheer power of DxD Touki.

The reason for the distinction, is that with classical Ki Manipulation the Ki is expelled from the body, while with Touki is first expelled and then brought back into the body, focusing it all around the user's body. With it you can only strengthen your body, but you can do it at a level normal Ki can't do.

Ki is not Essence, but those who use it undergo a similar path to Enlightened Mortals.

Sairaorg Bael skipped Ki manipulation and obtained directly Touki because, ironically, his lack of talent: the only thing he's good at is hitting people harder, so his single-minded determination allowed him to access a high-level technique more suited for him that the basics.

The difference between the three is mostly academical, and they're distinct because most people has some talent only in some of them.

Issei can, theoretically, learn Ki/Touki. However, since he uses Essence the results...well, it's like using the propellant for a rocket to the moon on a car.

Alexander said:
Correct.

The term "Touki" means "battle spirit". While common usage of Ki can do many of DxD Touki's effects, it lack the sheer power of DxD Touki.

The reason for the distinction, is that with classical Ki Manipulation the Ki is expelled from the body, while with Touki is first expelled and then brought back into the body, focusing it all around the user's body. With it you can only strengthen your body, but you can do it at a level normal Ki can't do.

Ki is not Essence, but those who use it undergo a similar path to Enlightened Mortals.

Sairaorg Bael skipped Ki manipulation and obtained directly Touki because, ironically, his lack of talent: the only thing he's good at is hitting people harder, so his single-minded determination allowed him to access a high-level technique more suited for him that the basics.

The difference between the three is mostly academical, and they're distinct because most people has some talent only in some of them.

Issei can, theoretically, learn Ki/Touki. However, since he uses Essence the results...well, it's like using the propellant for a rocket to the moon on a car.

I'm pretty sure you meant drive raiser into the ground not air. Unless Issei figured out how to make the ground as hard as rock.

BFldyq said:

I think you meant this quote http://www.batoto.net/read/_/80817/mahou-sensei-negima_v11_ch92_by_aquastar-fansubs/5 about magic being using power outwardly, while Ki being used internally.

Although your explanation does fit the styles their more used with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back