• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

nightblade said:
Yeah I would prefer if Smuts stunt included what Raiser just said and how he shot himself in the foot.

:/.

I'll repost my vote if you missed it. Smuthunter's given his approval to the Rias's Accomplishment variant below.

[X] Variant 1-Rias's Accomplishments

Channel-Charisma: OO + Presence: OOOO + Defying the Established Social Order (Presence) OOO
Max Presence 1st Excellency + Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment + Irresistible Salesman Spirit + Channel Compassion
Stunt=You stare down at Raiser's accusing form, noting that for all the outrage he professes the pureblood devil can't even match eyes with you. Contempt drips from your every word as you bellow out your response, your every word capturing the attention of the onlooking devils.

"Your words ring hollow, Raiser Phenex. You speak of lost glories of your houses and of the travesty of letting their legacies end but mere minutes ago you derided Rias's own accomplishments. Her actions show how capable she is, and how worthy she is of leading House Gremory in whichever manner she chooses, yet all you can think of is how much longer you'll have to wait to reduce her to a pretty trinket hanging off your arm! She is not your possession you pathetic worm!"

You seethe in fury, but remembering Rias brings an errant thought to mind; this must be "that matter" that she wanted to handle by herself. You'll have to apologize later, you seem to be stealing one of her kills.

"You and your ilk disgust me, Raiser! You feign sorrow at the loss of your bloodlines even as you stand ready to hold back the most capable among you. What was it you said to me not moments ago? 'Her role will be to be my docile and devoted wife. There is no need for her to fight.' If you're threatened by the accomplishments of the new devils, then match and exceed them! Instead all you can do is drag everyone down to your level, ready to lock Rias in a gilded cage and murder those whose only crime is to make something of themselves."

Variant 2-Raiser's Folly

Channel-Charisma: OO + Presence: OOOO + Defying the Established Social Order (Presence) OOO
Max Presence 1st Excellency + Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment + Irresistible Salesman Spirit + Channel Compassion

Stunt=You stare down at Raiser's accusing form, noting that for all the outrage he professes the pureblood devil can't even match eyes with you. Contempt drips from your every word as you bellow out your response, your every word capturing the attention of the onlooking devils.

"Your words ring hollow, Raiser Phenex. You speak of lost glories of your houses and of the travesty of letting their legacies end but mere minutes ago you derided Rias's own accomplishments. Her actions show how capable she is, and how worthy she is of leading House Gremory in whichever manner she chooses, yet all you can think of is how much longer you'll have to wait to reduce her to a pretty trinket hanging off your arm! She is not your possession you pathetic worm!"

You seethe in fury, but remembering Rias brings an errant thought to mind; this must be "that matter" that she wanted to handle by herself. You'll have to apologize later, you seem to be stealing one of her kills.

"You and your ilk disgust me, Raiser! You feign sorrow at the loss of your bloodlines even as you stand ready to hold back the most capable among you. What was it you said to me not moments ago? 'Her role will be to be my docile and devoted wife. There is no need for her to fight.' If you're threatened by the accomplishments of the new devils, then match and exceed them! Instead all you can do is drag everyone down to your level, ready to lock Rias in a gilded cage and murder those whose only crime is to make something of themselves.

You arrogant fool! For all that you speak of ancient legacies & bloodlines, your own ignorance of the workings of the Peerage system has you working against your own stated goals. When someone joins a peerage, their new devil body is imprinted from a template of their King changing them so they are related to them as if they were a niece or a nephew. In your willingness to slaughter Rias's Peerage to force her to marry you, you would do much more to thin her bloodline than anything you accuse me of!"

dreadis said:
i just thought of something

Why the fuck do Devils give any shits about potential incest?
Cause they still breed biology. There's a reason you don't see them breeding within their family to get their numbers up.

dreadis said:
i just thought of something

Why the fuck do Devils give any shits about potential incest?

I'm not sure they do!

But! Rias has lived among the human world for several years & somewhat likes Japanese culture. That's why she asks her club members to call her Buchou. I think it's her pet variant of "Captain" in Japanese or Kaichou. She also attends school in the human world. It's easy enough for human attitudes on incest to creep in.

nightblade said:
Cause they still breed biology. There's a reason you don't see them breeding within their family to get their numbers up.

Ehh. Do Devil's even have genetics as we know them? I just s well go lol! magic on how they procreate. Was incest ever brought as taboo by a devil other someone other than Rias or her Perrage or Sona?

[X] Variant 1 Rias Accomplishment.

Added in

To the votes. No other meaningful changes.

Just a quick question, are we using this charm in this social attack?

Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
...This Charm can enhance a physical attack. This Charm makes the attack Holy and causes the attack to inflict aggravated damage against creatures of daThis Charm can also enhance social attacks that create guilt, shame or fear, or where the Exalt uses a stunt to draw on these emotions. It makes the attack Holy. This Charm makes creatures of darkness treat the social attack as unnatural mental influence that costs one Willpower to resist. This Charm also halves the creature's base MDVs against the attack. This Charm is specifically permitted to enhance rolls based on other Abilities.

rkbinder said:

Just a quick question, are we using this charm in this social attack?

Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
...This Charm can enhance a physical attack. This Charm makes the attack Holy and causes the attack to inflict aggravated damage against creatures of daThis Charm can also enhance social attacks that create guilt, shame or fear, or where the Exalt uses a stunt to draw on these emotions. It makes the attack Holy. This Charm makes creatures of darkness treat the social attack as unnatural mental influence that costs one Willpower to resist. This Charm also halves the creature's base MDVs against the attack. This Charm is specifically permitted to enhance rolls based on other Abilities.

Yep! Look at the post above you. Just added it to make it clearer.

Can we use our Offensive Overdrive only for physical attacks, or could we use it for social attacks too?

Eler0 said:
Can we use our Offensive Overdrive only for physical attacks, or could we use it for social attacks too?

For the motes we're spending? Social Combat is a thing in Exalted. It should count I think...

Smuthunter said:
Please explain why you chose the retarded option that gives us nothing and probably makes us a lot of enemies.

Can we not rehash this? This argument has gone on a few timers & no one has seemed able to convince others on the matter. Of course if you can come up with a new reason why it's a mistake that's fine. Just don't say "it's dumb" or repeat old points.

Edit-This isn't sarcastic I legit want to know when I'm wrong. I just get bored and ignore arguments that repeat old points.

megrisvernin said:
Ehh. Do Devil's even have genetics as we know them? I just s well go lol! magic on how they procreate. Was incest ever brought as taboo by a devil other someone other than Rias or her Perrage or Sona?
Oh it's genetic considering that there are half breeds among them. The fallen angels as well. Also the procreate by fucking like people do. Their just not as fertile.

megrisvernin said:
Can we not rehash this? This argument has gone on a few timers & no one has seemed able to convince others on the matter. Of course if you can come up with a new reason why it's a mistake that's fine. Just don't say "it's dumb" or repeat old points.
Holy shit. You honestly don't see why this is a bad idea with the issues that are already with reincarnated devils? Also the fact that incest is very squick.

nightblade said:
Oh it's genetic considering that there are half breeds among them. The fallen angels as well. Also the procreate by fucking like people do. Their just not as fertile.

I still think it would have been observed before now if it was an actual problem...

nightblade said:
Holy shit. You honestly don't see why this is a bad idea with the issues that are already with reincarnated devils? Also the fact that incest is very squick.

You guys have some valid points.

But Alexander already said this wasn't be broadcast and there aren't that many devils. Rias and Co already know it. I figure Beowulf might know having hung around. Sona & her peerage & Raiser and his peerage seem to be the only new people to learn about. Sona can be discrete. It's only a question if Raiser & Ravel will talk.

It does undercut Raiser's points and undermines his arguments even further. Also considering we're already demolishing some old Devil stereotypes and prejudices and figured why not go all in. It's not like it's a problem we made, it's one that they should have noticed(members of a clan being able to heal each other that Issei brought up, the King being the template for New Devils etc).

Considering how they reacted at the reveal, I am still certain 2 is a bad, bad idea.

Megaolix said:

Considering how they reacted at the reveal, I am still certain 2 is a bad, bad idea.

I'm pretty marginal on the issue. I still want to include it, but I can see some of the downsides so it's fine for me however the vote goes.

The only way i can see some people not thinking option 2 is the end of the world is if it had the part about the pieces preventing problems with relations in the family as it were

dreadis said:
The only way i can see some people not thinking option 2 is the end of the world is if it had the part about the pieces preventing problems with relations in the family as it were

I'm almost certain it would have been picked up if it were an issue. Remember Devil's don't breed much and a number of Pillars died out. You'd think they'd play close attention to anything effecting fertility or viability of their offspring. Even if they didn't know what caused it, relations between a Piece and their King would be discouraged if it lowered devil fertility even lower...

This recent voting, what you all proposing makes Issei a bit OOC. He's not that verbose with his speech. If anything he would still answer Riser with something that's still a bit Shounen.

Last edited by a moderator:

megrisvernin said:
I'm almost certain it would have been picked up if it were an issue. Remember Devil's don't breed much and a number of Pillars died out. You'd think they'd play close attention to anything effecting fertility or viability of their offspring. Even if they didn't know what caused it, relations between a Piece and their King would be discouraged if it lowered devil fertility even lower...

thing is that the evil peices are very recent (as far as the devils are concerned). any issues might not have show up yet.

seeing as anyone who votes for the second option gets told that their choice is stupid in some manner, I'm just not going to vote for this one

staplesdex2 said:
This recent voting, what you all proposing makes Issei a bit OOC. He's not that verbose with his speech. If anything he would still answer Riser with something that's still a bit Shounen.

:/ Remember an earlier snippet Alexander made canon?

Third Person's Point of View (Why? It looks better. Also, a thanks to megrisvernin who came up with this beautiful part)

Alas, even good things must come to an end. Issei and the girls passed an enjoyable afternoon with the sisters, but it's time to go home.

"We will see each other again soon, right?" Ruby asks.

"Of course." Issei smile at her before turning to Asia and Mittelt. "Let's go home. I think that for once I will try making dinner."

As Ruby's questioning look Mittelt clarifies. "Me and Asia-chan live with Issei-san and his parents."

"Hoho, Asia-chan and Mittelt-chan both live with you Issei? Not satisfied with just one girl?" Yang jokes with a teasing grin..

To her surprise Issei don't give her a cheeky grin or even sputter trying to deny it, he just turns to gaze at her eyes with a serious expression on his face.

"I told you once before didn't I, Yang-san? That I would face anything, do anything than betray a girl's feelings? Sometimes that means fighting wannabe-murderous fallen angels or brutal gangs. Other times it involves challenging social conventions...not all them pleasant ones."

Issei's attention waved and despite not moving his eyes he wasn't truly looking at Yang anymore.

"I'm sure Asia's hair color doesn't mean much in the West. Heck, it's a color you yourself see every morning in the mirror after all. But here in Japan it marks her as a gaijin, a foreigner. Being a girl and, well, adorable, people don't see her as threatening or dangerous per say, at least not the in the physical sense. But her being kicked out of her Church? Her being abandoned? If you ask any Japanese he will deny it, but in Japan's culture that means she's tainted, corrupted. Something to be avoided, to be kept at a distance less her disgrace somehow spreads to you."

Venom began to creep into Issei's voice his distaste almost palpable. Asia looks down in shame, while Mittelt, Yang and Ruby stare at Issei.

"Talk to her sure, give her directions so she's somewhere else? No problem. Accept her into your family, into your home? Never. That kind of thinking is something which fades slowly from people's minds, if it does at all. Even her Church, they kicked her out because she helped someone they considered an enemy. As if compassion is a sin when exercised on someone society don't approve!

I let Asia live with me because I knew even if she could find shelter elsewhere, she would never truly be accepted. Would always be separated and isolated." Issei's teeth began to clench as he bit out the next series of words. "After everything she's already gone through, that's something I'm never going to let her feel again if I have any say in it...And I made a decision then."

The girls could only listen breathless as they saw the passion burning in Issei's eyes. "When I see someone in pain I'm going to step in. When someone cries out I'll answer them. And if there's something I can do to make them happy I'll do it. Anyone who objects, sneering housewives, judgmental neighbours or society as a whole can go to hell."

Issei paused as if realizing something, but his fiery gaze kept Yang entranced. "No, I suppose that's giving Hell a bad name. After all I know some perfectly polite and friendly devils."

His chuckle seemed to snap him out of his reverie and the fire in his eyes dimmed. Yang shifts for the first time in what felt like hours, taking deep breaths not realizing she really had been literally holding her breath.

Issei rubbed the back of his head sheepishly and his face softened, but his expression remained serious.

"Sorry about that, but I guess I still didn't really answer your question did I? Well...if a girl likes me, well I'll return her feelings. And if another one likes me too? Then I'll do the same for her too. It's going be difficult, complicated and messy...but that's life isn't it? And if society doesn't offer you a solution to a dilemma, well..."

He clenches a fist in front of him. "Then you make your own. Because to do any less...would be a betrayal of the ideals I hold dear."

Then he laughs as if nothing happened. "But I'm sure I will be lynched by an angry mob before doing anything too drastic, so there is no need to worry."

Issei flips his keychain in the air and catch it in his hand. "Achilles was told he would die if he goes to Troy. He went anyway. So..." He grins. "If I want to be a Hero, I can't afford to hesitate. No matter the price."

"Ise-san!" Asia grabs his right arm, eyes heavy with tears but with a thankful smile on her lips. "Thank you!"

"I will not let anyone hurt even one of your hair!" Mittelt declares proudly as she grabs his waist. "They will have to pass on my corpse!"

"Hyodo-san!" Ruby shakes his left hand. "Yes! That's how a Hero should be: always follow your ideals!"

Yang just stares at Issei with a thoughtful expression.

Once the tearful moment ends both parties leave for their respective homes.

"Hyodo-san is incredible, isn't it?" Ruby asks her sister. "I'm glad I have him as a mentor."

"Uh, uh." Yang replies absentmindedly as she steals a glance backwards at the other retreating party. Specifically, at how Asia is holding Issei's hand and not letting it go.

The busty blonde shakes her head. "What I am thinking? ...But-" Her expression turns lecherous. "I'm definitely going to have a taste."

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing baby sister, nothing." Yang ruffles Ruby's hair. "Just grow-up stuff."

Issei has Compassion 5. He gets all pumped up when he sees injustice...

Last edited by a moderator:
codeRR said:
seeing as anyone who votes for the second option gets told that their choice is stupid in some manner, I'm just not going to vote for this one

*rolls eyes*

Dude don't be peer pressured. People disagree with me on this issue , but they still respect my opinion on the other part of the vote. Even if I'm wrong on this issue, hey I admit I could be, doesn't mean my other views are wrong.

The votes are functionally the same except for that point.

Silversun17 said:

thing is that the evil peices are very recent (as far as the devils are concerned). any issues might not have show up yet.

When was it invented? How many years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back