• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Selias said:
They were invented "a few hundred years ago." No actual date, but at least 200 years.
'

That's enough to notice a pattern I think. I'm not convinced it was too short a time. Even with Devil reproduction rates that's a generation or two.

And even through that sounds that long ago you have to realize that devils live to be 10,000 years old. Hell Rias is only 16. That should tell you how long devils take to breed and their fertile issues.

Changed my vote.

[X] Variant 1 Rias Accomplishment.

megrisvernin said:
'

That's enough to notice a pattern I think. I'm not convinced it was too short a time. Even with Devil reproduction rates that's a generation or two.
No its not. Devil's can live to be 10,000. Rias is the age she looks. 16 years old.

Your right might as well

[X] Variant 2-Raiser's Folly

Selias said:
They were invented "a few hundred years ago." No actual date, but at least 200 years.

Remember Alex noted in the ast update before we met Raiser that It took Sirzechs and Grayfua 3 hundred years to make a child and that was considered fast. There is a reason the fertility charms are so popular.

Also devils live for 10,000 years.A few hundred years is nothing to them.

Diller said:
Remember Alex noted in the ast update before we met Raiser that It took Sirzechs and Grayfua 3 hundred years to make a child and that was considered fast. There is a reason the fertility charms are so popular.

Also devils live for 10,000 years.A few hundred years is nothing to them.

Hrrm.

I'd like if Alexander could comment on this...

nightblade said:
No its not. Devil's can live to be 10,000. Rias is the age she looks. 16 years old.

This brings up another point. Sirzechs is Adjucas childhood friend and spent 300 years trying to make a child.

He is 300+ years older then his little sister. That show give you another picture at how bad fertility is. That it took rias and Sirzechs parents centuries just to have two kids,

The fact that the Phenx clan is noted to have the largest number of devil offspring out of all the clans which is four children and one grandson. The fact lord and lady Phenex had so many children is a miracle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diller said:
This brings up another point. Sirzechs is Adjucas childhood friend and spent 300 years trying to make a child.

He is 300+ years older then his little sister. That show give you another picture at how bad fertility is. That it took rias and Sirzechs parents centuries just to have two kids,

The fact that the Phenx clan is noted to have the largest number of devil offspring out of all the clans which is four children and one grandson. The fact lord and lady Phenex had so many children is a miracle.

All the more reason they should realize making someone a member of their peerage makes them family. Would make a lot of this concern about continuing lines appear as foolish as it truly is...

People, people. You're all taking this waaay too seriously. Just ask yourselves one question: Which vote will get you more lulz? Do it for the lulz.

Selias said:
People, people. You're all taking this waaay too seriously. Just ask yourselves one question: Which vote will get you more lulz? Do it for the lulz.
Fuck no. That is a terrible reason to vote for something on a serous matter.

megrisvernin said:
All the more reason they should realize making someone a member of their peerage makes them family. Would make a lot of this concern about continuing lines appear as foolish as it truly is...
I doubt people like Raiser are going to care.

nightblade said:
Fuck no. That is a terrible reason to vote for something on a serous matter.
You're right. Playing games is serious business. This isn't about entertainment, like some plebs might think. It's about winning.

Selias said:
You're right. Playing games is serious business. This isn't about entertainment, like some plebs might think. It's about winning.
It will have serous consequences in game. You only need to look at games where things voted for the lulz won and ended up backing firing big time. As in it pretty much killed the quest.

Selias said:

we can win with variant one as well.
megrisvernin said:

You want to let the pure-blood devils who disown any clan with mixed heritage and have a fear of the reincarnated devils replacing them that this same devils share their blood. That'll only fuel their paranoia at knowing their noble blood is in the same veins as "lower devils."
You assume they will act reasonable tothiss but if they were being reasonable then we wouldn't have this kind of attitude on the pure-bloods.

Selias said:
I seriously doubt that. It might have some minor consequences, though.

Potentially alienating the pure-blood devils who are still the ones running the devils is not a minor consequence. We have enough potential enemies as it is without making the devil leaders hate our guts.

Selias said:

Having thought it over it occurs to me that the 3 Heaven Factions are better placed for peace then they've ever been and doing something which might derail that would be problematic. Not because it's an important issue, but I can understand how it could fixate and draw the attention of the Pureblood Devils for decades given their lifespans. Heaven knows our own new media can be get fixated on the stupidest things, as much as I think it's foolish a lot of the pureblood devils have built their marriages out of maintaining their status. It would throw their little ordered worlds into chaos if revealed.

I would have liked someone mentioning how it could cause chaos on the precipice of the ground finally be lain for the peace treaty(correct me if someone did). I heard political chaos being raised, but not that specific outcome. This specific argument would have convinced me... The moment it's signed though! Then I want to bring it out.

For the moment, however, I'll agree to

[X] Variant 1-Rias's Accomplishments

megrisvernin said:
Sidenote, Larekko12 did I address your objections in my & Smuthunter's new vote?
Yeah. It's much better.

Articulating why the stand of blood purity is worthless among devils is necesary rather then simply saying fuck that bullshit. The hypocrisy in the blood purist position must be made clear to everyone and himself. Rather than merely the fact we find it disgusting.

Criticism should be specific after all. Otherwise you just come off as a really charismatic hater of the things he hold close to his heart.

In Devil society the core motive the core drive as I have been taught in this thread, is strength and the chaotic drive to grow. It is power be it the strength of the mind, Magic, or sheer physcial force that determines standing. That's how the rating games work. He wanted to ruin Rias's accomplishments and ultimately lessen devil society out of fear and cowardess clinging to the power of his blood which was waning due to their laziness.

The Power of Blood refused to progress where are the power of friendship, delegation, and cooperation is.

Blood purity for it's own sake is stagnating the cardinal sin for devils and wishes to impose that stagnation on other devils or worse drag them down from their position beyond blood.

True devils race ahead be getting faster, building a rocket sled, bulling other out of their way or charming the Yatagarasu as a ride.

False hold steady by hamstinging , sabotage, nipping in the , or manipulation

At least that's what I get from the thread.

[X] Variant 1 Rias Accomplishment.

megrisvernin said:
Having thought it over it occurs to me that the 3 Heaven Factions are better placed for peace then they've ever been and doing something which might derail that would be problematic. Not because it's an important issue, but I can understand how it could fixate and draw the attention of the Pureblood Devils for decades given their lifespans. Heaven knows our own new media can be get fixated on the stupidest things, as much as I think it's foolish a lot of the pureblood devils have built their marriages out of maintaining their status. It would throw their little ordered worlds into chaos if revealed.

I would have liked someone mentioning how it could cause chaos on the precipice of the ground finally be lain for the peace treaty(correct me if someone did). I heard political chaos being raised, but not that specific outcome. The moment it's signed though! Then I want to bring it out.

It's probably will be worse considering that some purebred devils consider Reincarnated devils as lesser beings. They will think that they sully their blood just by existing. Hell I can see to it leading to some trying to genecide the reincarnated devils. People aren't rational about somethings megs. If they were they wouldn't have this view in the first place.

ah well /shrug at least its not the one that would get us and Ria's in a load of trouble and possible get a lot of Devils killed

EternitynChaos said:
ah well /shrug at least its not the one that would get us and Ria's in a load of trouble and possible get a lot of Devils killed

I don't buy the genocide outcome. Anyone read the Light Novels? Is this consistent with the Pureblood families outcome in your opinion?

just though of something if we did use the pieces = blood relation thing, anyone who doesn't want to sully their family lines by enlarging them that way is free to not use them and die out like good evolutionary dead ends

megrisvernin said:
I don't buy the genocide outcome. Anyone read the Light Novels? Is this consistent with the Pureblood families outcome in your opinion?
We don't see much of them. But it is mentioned that a good chunk hold Raiser's opinion. The ones we do see tend to be decent people.

dreadis said:
just though of something if we did use the pieces = blood relation thing, anyone who doesn't want to sully their family lines by enlarging them that way is free to not use them and die out like good evolutionary dead ends
That depends on people being rational. That is not going to happen. They are probably going to do their best to destroy the evil pieces and kill the one that makes them.

megrisvernin said:

I would have liked someone mentioning how it could cause chaos on the precipice of the ground finally be lain for the peace treaty(correct me if someone did). I heard political chaos being raised, but not that specific outcome. This specific argument would have convinced me... The moment it's signed though! Then I want to bring it out.

The old Maou Faction and the Pure-bloods share alot of the same views but the Maou go to the extreme to "protect the integrity of the devils". That involves things like killing off the reincarnated devils, dismantling the evil pieces system, and waging another war with Eaven and the Grigori. Aka lots of bad shit.

This information may cause some of the pure-bloods to support or even outright join them because of the intensified fear that one day the pure-bloods won't be important anymore.

It's stupid but that's how people are. There are numerous examples where fear and paranoia can cause people to act irrationally to resist change,

This is also likely to cause them to gun for us because we're the ones who revealed this infomation.

with some of the more hard-liner groups hell yes, particularly if it wasn't worded right, if it just came out as rumour then you bet your ass it would devolve into a blood bath, and the Old Maou Heirs would jump all over it

EternitynChaos said:
with some of the more hard-liner groups hell yes, particularly if it wasn't worded right, if it just came out as rumour then you bet your ass it would devolve into a blood bath, and the Old Maou Heirs would jump all over it

Yep. We do not need to make things easier for the genocidal terrorists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back