• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

He's a Berserker. Holding back might bite us in the ass.
As for voting:
[X] {FISTS OF IRON TECHNIQUE} (Deal bashing damage, we're not trying to kill anyone)

Your opponent and his minions are responsible for who knows how much misery for the people of your town. There are certainly worse villains in the world, but for the moment only this one is within the reach of your fists. Your hands take on the perfection of orichalcum. You charge forward, your feet kicking up dust as you open the fight with a vicious right cross to your opponent's chin.

Fellgar said:
5. WE have regen, combat capable regen for bruises from punches. Which we are going to be getting in this fight since berserker might have a better physical stats then us in strength and might match us in dex. I can see him with all 4's in the physical stats.

Awesome intro Alex! :D
I try, I try ;)

About the 4 in all physical attributes, not really: however it's a different story when he enter Berserker Mode...

Least Devotee said:
I can't remember if Alex is following that rule, but by RAW virtue channels are a semi-limited resource.
They are: you need Charms to refill them during combat.
kinglugia said:
Alright. When time is available you can vote to learn it.
cyberswordsmen said:
It is a bit overpowered in it's current state motes are a big deal. I would recommend changing it so that if some condition is met she counts as being asleep for the purpose of mote recovery.
I like this one. Maybe you should require that the infernal ignore the target for the bonus to apply though. Also this isn't a permanent charm it is a simple charm. Permanent would mean it cost no motes because he can't ever stop using it.
You should clarify if you mean motivation as in the motivation of his current actions or the Motivation on his character sheet. If it is the latter you might want to restrict it to a higher essence upgrade.
Alright.

I promised some more new Dragon Knacks available for Essence 4. However I am not sure they are balanced, so I would like your input:
Strength of Mythos
Cost: (Strength)m, 1wp
Duration: One scene
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Strength 4
In every legend known to man Dragons are remembered as the most powerful and dangerous creatures to walk the Earth: their limbs shatter mountains, their roar cause the sky to tremble. The character can, once for every dot in Strength he has, adds four automatic successes to any roll that use the Strength Attribute, as well as four extra yards to jumping or feat-of-strength throwing base distances. Multiplies the Range of a normal thrown item by four. Adds 1,000 lbs. to base lifting capacity until the end of the Knack's Duration or until all Actions are used up.

Speed of Mythos
Cost: (Dexterity)m, 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Dexterity 4
Their often massive bodies present no obstacle to the Great Serpents: many wannabe heroes found themselves squashed without even once realizing what happened. The character can, once for every dot in Dexterity he has, adds four automatic successes to any roll that use the Dexterity Attribute, as well as four extra yards to base Move and eight extra yards to base Dash distances. Increases the character's DV by two until the end of the Knack's Duration or until all Actions are used up.

Tenacity of Mythos
Cost: (Stamina)m, 1wp
Prerequisites: Essence 4, Stamina 4
What can the worthless tools of humanity do against the innate superiority of a Dragon's hide? The character can, once for every dot in Stamina he has, adds four automatic successes to any roll that use the Stamina Attribute, as well as eliminating four points of wound penalties, adds four to his bashing and lethal soak and providing three points of aggravated soak. He can also use an Action to go two weeks without food or sleep or one weeks without water. He can hold his breath
for four times as long as normal until the end of the Knack's Duration or until all Actions are used up.

Charm of Mythos
Cost: (Charisma)m, 1wp
Prerequisites: Charisma 4
The power of a Dragon's might is undeniable and tempting like ambrosia: entire villages cast away their Gods to worship the mighty Childs of Gaia in hope to gain their favors. The character can, once for every dot in Charisma he has, adds four automatic successes to any roll that use the Charisma Attribute.

Guile of Mythos
Cost: (Manipulation)m, 1wp
Prerequisites: Manipulation 4
How sweet the honeyed words of the Serpent taste! They made Eve taste the forbidden fruit and cause one third of the Heavenly Host to rebel against Heaven. The character can, once for every dot in Manipulation he has, adds four automatic successes to any roll that use the Manipulation Attribute.

Wisdom of Mythos
Cost: (Intelligence)m, 1wp
Prerequisites: Intelligence 4
Those who think of Dragons as dumb beasts commit a grave error, for the Childs of Gaia value knowledge almost as much as material wealth: they just don't like to waste it on puny humans. The character can, once for every dot in Intelligence he has, adds four automatic successes to any roll that use the Intelligence Attribute.

Refined Palate
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Perception 4
The character has exceptionally precise senses of taste and smell (as the latter enhances the former). With a faint sniff or a tentative taste he can figure out what ingredients compose a certain concoction, and in what proportions. He can also sniff out drugs or poisons that have been added to what he is about to wolf down, as well as detect airborne toxins by the way they make the air taste. This Knack doesn't tell the character what an ingredient is if he isn't already familiar with it: he would realize that what's making his iced tea sweet isn't sugar, for instance, but he wouldn't know if it was Equal or Splenda if he'd never had either artificial sweetener before. Instead, the Knack registers each component separately and provides an indication whether such components would be dangerous to consume. The character also remembers the taste and smell of various ingredients he experiences so she can recognize and identify them if he's exposed to them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to cyberswordsmen:
Power (Infinity) of Ophis — Endlessness
Cost: —;
Mins: Essence 2;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Ouroboros Dragon is infinite in her scope. This Charm permanently enhance the character's ability to restore his Essence, allowing him to recover Essence at a rate of four motes per hour while he engages in strenuous activity. In addition he recover eight motes per hour when he is at ease and twelve motes per hour when he is completely relaxed.

A second repurchase of this Charm at Essence 4 allows the character to recover eight motes per hour while he engages in strenuous activity, twelve motes per hour when he is at ease and sixteen motes per hour when he is completely relaxed.
cyberswordsmen said:
It is a bit overpowered in it's current state motes are a big deal. I would recommend changing it so that if some condition is met she counts as being asleep for the purpose of mote recovery.
A condition? Uhm...would "working to protect/aid an Intimacy" works? Or maybe "as long as the character doesn't interact with other beings"?

For the others:
Power (Nothingness) of Ophis — Solitude
Cost: 5m;
Type: Supplemental

The Dragon God is a being who was born alone—she isn't very interested in others. This Charm increases the character's Dodge MDV by his Temperance for the remainder of the scene as long as he ignores the attacker. Storytellers can allow the Exalt to use his Conviction, Compassion or Valor score instead of Temperance if the character has appropriate motivation.

Power (Dream) of Great Red — Ambition
Cost: 2m;
Type: Reflexive
Duration: Instant

As a being born from thoughts, the True Dragon finds it child's play to understand the ones of others. This Charm enhances the standard Read Motivation Action, adding the character's Permanent Essence as automatic successes.

A second repurchase of this Charm at Essence 4 allows the character to also learn, after a successful roll, the target's Motivation written in the Character Sheet.

Power (Pride) of Great Red — Ego
Cost: —;
Type: Permanent

The Apocalypse Dragon is the mightiest being in existence: his power is matched only by his pride. The Exalt treats any of his intimacies as his Motivation for the purposes of calculating MDVs and Stunt ratings. However, he cannot roll to regain Willpower from sleeping unless he has satisfied at least one of his desires since he last slept – if he has done so, he gains one automatic success on that roll.

touhou ranfuku said:
@Alexander

So we treat both Ophis and Great Red with over 6 Essence?
They are both Essence 10, and each have a certain specialization that make them superior to even Gods.

Ophis: thanks to her Charms she has a steady supply of Essence motes, allowing her to burn through them like crazy. She has Firepower, but not much Versatility.

Great Red: his Shaping abilities allow him to do anything he wishes, limited only by his imagination. He has less Firepower than Ophis, but incredible Versatility.

@Alexander
And you want them to give Issei a part of their power, thus making him a lovechild of Unconquered Sun, Great Red and Ophis?
...I have no problems with that~

kinglugia said:
@Alexander
And you want them to give Issei a part of their power, thus making him a lovechild of Unconquered Sun, Great Red and Ophis?
...I have no problems with that~
Good to known 8)

A little bit I wrote when hit by inspiration:
SOLAR DRAGON CHARMS

The origin of those Charms lies in the Twilight Caste Hyodo Issei, the first human from another world to receive an Exaltation. As the young Exalt struggled to control both his new Sun-given boons and the effects of the powerful Dragon Power flowing out of his Sacred Gear "Boosted Gear", he managed, many believe by complete accident, to refine the latter through his own Exaltation, creating a new type of Charm. Many Solars see them as a new and wondrous way to exert their glory, a symbol of their reestablished dominance over the Dragon-blooded after their betrayal during the Usurpation. Lunars see them as a honest competition to their own Shapeshifting nature, spurring the Chosen of Luna to new heights of ingenuity to properly answer the challenge.

For the Dragon-blooded, they are a constant bitter reminded that even the Five Elemental Dragons bow down to the Chosen of the Sun. For the Sidereals, they are utter and complete heresy, a violation of the natural order that care not for Fate and the balance of the world.

Whatever the case, there is no doubt that the "Charms of the Dragon that Soars with the Sun in his Chest" (as they are commonly called among certain circles) allows those dedicated enough to reach and even transcend the power of the Primordials.

May Saturn have mercy on Creation if the wrong type of person where to obtain such power.

NEW KEYWORD: HERETICAL
Heretical Charms cannot be normally learned through the Eclipse anima power or its equivalents: only if the character was born with a Dragon-type Sacred Gear or if receives a "blessing" from someone with the appropriate Charm could he start learning them. Each Charm cost 9 experience points and have a training time of (Min. Essence) days.

Alexander said:
They are both Essence 10, and each have a certain specialization that make them superior to even Gods.

Ophis: thanks to her Charms she has a steady supply of Essence motes, allowing her to burn through them like crazy. She has Firepower, but not much Versatility.

Great Red: his Shaping abilities allow him to do anything he wishes, limited only by his imagination. He has less Firepower than Ophis, but incredible Versatility.
Is Ophis being more 'powerful' intentional? In canon, her entire motivation is to defeat Great Red and evict him from her home in the Gap, but she can't because he's stronger than her.

Indrik said:
Is Ophis being more 'powerful' intentional? In canon, her entire motivation is to defeat Great Red and evict him from her home in the Gap, but she can't because he's stronger than her.

More like Ophis doesn't know how to use her powers to the maximum since she was born overpowered, so no one fought her and she had no interest in fighting anyone, it's like a child with massive power but can't use it to the fullest.

Its like this, Ophis has more Raw power, she always has, but Great Red just lolnopes it because he's basicly an OCP as far as things go from what I can tell.

So Ophis has an attack that deals infinite damage and always hits, Great Red has a Defence that turns any attack into cherry blossoms... and poor Ophis has no shaping defense to speak of... isn't it sad Ophis T_T

Indrik said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure they're equal. Which is the problem: neither can beat the other one, resulting in a stalemate.

It's the same situation that Albion and Draig were in.

No, Great Red is the most dominantly powerful thing in the setting. That's his whole thing.

shibosho said:
Yeah, I totally agree with this statement. Our martial arts are at master level according to previous updates so using charms is overkill. Remember people, our opponent is a just a talented disciple level human if we go by history's strongest disciple manga at this point. We could have probably taken on everyone in the Snakes by ourselves barring botched rolls.

Odysseus2099 said:
Quick question, why are we activating charms for this? He's just a normal human, I thought the point was testing our martial arts skills against his. Using charms just feels cheap.

[X] You both stand motionless for a moment, gauging the other, then, almost simultaneously, you lunge forward. Kitsukawa leads with a vicious rising roundhouse that would have likely broken ribs had it connected, but you have eschewed the direct approach, and leap high and to the left, bouncing off a nearby pillar to plant your fist in the side of his head.

Because this is a street fight against a low life thug. There's no reason to be fair or kind. The only reason we should hold back is avoid revealing our magical nature. But we're short on time with Ragnarok likely to show up. Let's crush quick & mercilessly. Besides I think from the clip someone posted he's far stronger than other people are making him out to be. Better to overestimate his ability & use a few motes to make sure he's down for the count...

Also if we are smart we are full overdrives, which is 80 motes for Offence and another 80 for Defence, perhaps if we were feeling particularly careful also buffing Ruby and Yang ontop of that

EternitynChaos said:
Also if we are smart we are full overdrives, which is 80 motes for Offence and another 80 for Defence, perhaps if we were feeling particularly careful also buffing Ruby and Yang ontop of that

Exactly. We just need to limit ourselves to our personal pool for this fight. Besides we need to make a good showing in front of Ruby & Yang :3.

Smuthunter said:
No, Great Red is the most dominantly powerful thing in the setting. That's his whole thing.
That's never outright stated, from what I can tell. In fact, considering how people talk about them, and a comment from Rizevim suggests that they are, if not equal, then at least closely matched.

Also, there's an entity equal to Great Red, which is Rizevim's back-up plan.

Alexander said:
I try, I try ;)

About the 4 in all physical attributes, not really: however it's a different story when he enter Berserker Mode...
They are: you need Charms to refill them during combat.Alright. When time is available you can vote to learn it.Alright.

I promised some more new Dragon Knacks available for Essence 4. However I am not sure they are balanced, so I would like your input:
Please don't change it because of what cyber said. Ophis isn't from creation.

@Solar Dragon Charms
Well well well, isn't that an interesting one~
(Still hoping for a Perfect Circle Outside Creation, though, not sure the Solar Circle Alex posted is canon, but if not canon, I might make a list of Solar Lunar Sidereal Terrestrial combo...)

Do we have the Force-Projection already? Because hitting someone from a distance is the sort of nonsense martial arts masters from HSDK would expect.
I want to see Odin's face when we pull that trick. :)

Yes we do, however its not the sort of thing we need to pull out at the start of a fight

Sacred Gear spell:
[Crimson Lotus Blade - Range: 2 (Touch attack), Duration: 0 (Instantaneous), Area: 1 (Single target), Damage: +48 (16L damage), Energy (Fire): 1, Enhance (Strength +2): 30, Metaspell: 14 (Reflexive, Silent, Still), New Power: +4 (New natural weapon - Sword). Components: 100. Rank 3 Spell, borderline Rank 4. Reflexive attack.

Fluff: A blade of fire extends from the user's Sacred Gear, in which he can use to attack his opponent with. The attack will be treated as though as it is made by a character with 2 additional dots of Strength than the user's own.

(Not sure if it is supposed to be like that, especially on the New Power part, since the blade of fire is extended from the character's Sacred Gear, but he will have a proficiency with said blade, and the cumulative for both Protect and Enhance confuses me a little (on if the component at +1 is worth 10 components, but what about +2, +3, etc? Is it +20, then +50, or...?). Uguu...)

On a side note, Hermit is going to HATE HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAATE our Issei, we are basicly everything he believes flipped on its head, and if Kisara ever meets Koneko I will laugh myself sick, same with Miu

EternitynChaos said:
On a side note, Hermit is going to HATE HATE HATE HATE HAAAAAATE our Issei, we are basicly everything he believes flipped on its head, and if Kisara ever meets Koneko I will laugh myself sick, same with Miu
Refresh my memory, please.

Also, I wonder if Kenichi will be appearing. I hope so, I like the guy.

BFldyq said:
That's never outright stated, from what I can tell. In fact, considering how people talk about them, and a comment from Rizevim suggests that they are, if not equal, then at least closely matched.

Also, there's an entity equal to Great Red, which is Rizevim's back-up plan.
I checked the wiki then went through the translations on Baka-Tsuki after Great Red's first appearance in vol. 6. A quote from vol. 11:
"Basically she's not interested in anything besides Great-Red. Out of the Top 5 world's strongest not including Great-Red, the strongest one is Ophis..."

It's a little indirect, but that basically states, 'Ophis is the strongest if you don't count Great Red," which means Great Red is more powerful than her. It's just that at their level of power the difference is irrelevant when facing anyone besides each other (and possibly Samael or the Beast the god of the Bible sealed given their unique status).

BFldyq said:
Refresh my memory, please.

Also, I wonder if Kenichi will be appearing. I hope so, I like the guy.
Hermit is focused on self-reliance and personal strength without attachment. Issei is essentially the antithesis of what Hermit believes strength means, which is why Issei's obvious strength and likely defeat of Hermit will infuriate him.

Also, Kisara and Miu have cat obsessions. Imagine their reactions to a little cat girl.

http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Natsu_Tanimoto

Hermit's whole thing is he's lost everything to people lying, his sister, his adoptive father, people tried to steal his father money/company and kill him. He's lived his whole life since convinced that the only way to be strong is to hide behind a mask and be able to kill anyone who trys to take anything from you basicly.

While we have had similar things happen to us, and have basicly remained unchanged, and continued on without a care, always honest, unable to lie, unneeding to lie gathering friends and subordinates to us like moths to a flame, yeah he's going to hate the fuck out of us

and Kisara is the Cat-mad Kickboxer, Miu is ALMOST as Cat-mad

From what I can tell, Kenichi is still a (fairly) normal bullied high-school student.
He might even remain as such, if we remove one of his primary motivations to become stronger(threat of gangsters). Depends on what we do with Ragnarok.

Indrik said:
I checked the wiki then went through the translations on Baka-Tsuki after Great Red's first appearance in vol. 6. A quote from vol. 11:
"Basically she's not interested in anything besides Great-Red. Out of the Top 5 world's strongest not including Great-Red, the strongest one is Ophis..."
Actually, the author clarified that Great Red is never listed in such thing, not because of his great power, but due to the fact that he never involves himself with anything, nor does he ever bother to fight or help anyone. Which is why him resurrecting Issei and helping him beat the Jabberwocky is so shocking: that's literally the first time he's ever bothered to do anything other flying around the Dimensional Gap.

Ophis, in contrast, occasionally did do stuff, hence why she's listed.

Also, people, I remembered the cat thing. I had just forgotten what Natsu used to be like.

As for Kenichi, I would honestly like to see Issei becoming a senpai of his, helping him to grow. I mean, we need at least one male follower, and Kenichi's the closest to Issei in beliefs.

Well, that and I want to see Issei and Ma both teaching Kenichi the art of perversion. :p

I hope we meet Sho (Kenichi's Yami counterpart, iirc) as well, because he's also a worthy mortal opponent in my eyes.
(Plus, he's too awesome to die like that in canon. Rage incarnate I became when I saw his death. And then I was Homulilly)
And when we got Sho, Kenichi and Hermit (as well as the other Ragnarok fists), we can now get our own bros and fem-bros.
Hora. Hora Hora.

How does the Elder compare to Issei right now?
Mind, this is the guy that could run on water with pure awesomeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back