• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

The old wards are gone, I don't think we got an official answer on how the world is still standing but the only thing we found that could keep the Worms out is Harmony so it is either that or something of the old Era that remained.
Clearly turning the world into a spinning ball instead of a flat dart board makes the Worms keep skipping off the atmosphere because their trajectories are now all wrong. :V

It pushes us to "can act on getting a Sacrament at our leisure, everything else is in readiness". Good to have handled, because you just never know if there might be some other terribly important thing we'd need him to do whenever we felt ready to take on his Sacrament. Furthermore I'd really love to put in the effort to (potentially) hit every single possible breakpoint in the conversation we're scheduled to have with Comet, since maxxing those tends to have particularly excellent results when we manage it.
The first part of your argument makes no goddamn sense because in any turn we pursue the Sacrament we'll have to pop the Influence anyways because without it we have a snowball's chance in hell of managing a wound before he reduces us to 1 Hp. As for the second, I still find it hard to believe Edge will be our convincing Lore here.
The old wards are gone, I don't think we got an official answer on how the world is still standing but the only thing we found that could keep the Worms out is Harmony so it is either that or something of the old Era that remained.
We know something is keeping the Worms out, we know Harmony is attracting them, we know it can kill the lesser variants but not the kind that would give Hours trouble so it stands to reason that the wards of the old era are still around. Also, I believe one of the Names did check on the Wards and they are holding.
I personally would argue in favor of putting Biedde in charge and trusting him to use his best judgement to get the job done right. Because unlike certain other Names we know I'm pretty certain we can trust his professionalism.
Dude you want Velvet, the head of the Pony CIA, to put a Name of the Colonel in charge of routing out a Cult in rebellion of the current govt? He's gonna make the streets of Manehatten run red with blood if we send him in with no restrictions. Sure low level cultists won't be throwing themselves at him but that means nothing when he's hunting them down himself.
Edit: Come to think of it, this is probably one of the things Ash is going to be aimed at, the base-level adepts scattered across Ponyville. Hmm, something to keep in mind, Mansus-related consequences may be closer than they appear if they strike in our back yard. Another reason to social Mayor Mare then, keeping track of the local population and getting an early warning if things start going "funny".
And what do you know you guys just voted for Stalk, I wonder what we'll do when a slew of injuries with no explanation start popping up in Ponyvile and an investigation is launched.

Last edited:
He had 18 martial, not 19, and one of those came from his Edge bonus. I understand why you would be confused though, because you seem to keep forgetting that an Attention also doubles that +1 to the raw stat. Bird does too, sometimes.
wait, you mean the +1 from lvl 0?

I thought bonuses went

lvl 0 = 1
lvl 1 = 5
lvl 2 = 10
lvl 3 = 15
lvl 4 = 20

...or are you talking about the +1 to martial given by lvl 2? THAT is doubled by AotL? I never noticed in all those years!

thanks for the beginner traits reminder/lesson by the way.

All of this is predicated on the assumption that we're going to be ordering Biedde to destroy the cult. Which, as far as I can tell, literally no one cares about. The only actual target we're planning on killing is Copper.
I kinda care about the cult, because when you remove a leader two different things can happen

1)he's quickly replaced by someone else, probably their second in command of groomed successor

2)they splinter and form multiple factions, some of which can easily be WORSE.

Now, with how the lores work, any replacement will be weaker... but if they can get copies of the manuscripts, or, MOST IMPORTANTLY, know how to summon windigoes or even just perform EiB and the other 2-circles rituals...

That can spread a lot of problems around.

Admittedly they'd be easier to catch for the bureau, I imagine.

The stab Neighnia on the way out? I'd be surprised if Biedde + Mareinette + (maybe) DoA wouldn't be able to knock her back into an "unsummoned" state one way or another.
Implication is that she's here like Mareinette is here.

It might not be possible to unsummon her.

...or are you talking about the +1 to martial given by lvl 2? THAT is doubled by AotL? I never noticed in all those years!
That, yes. And to be fair it does occasionally get missed out, but it's supposed to be the case. Not that a +1 really matters most of the time…

In order of priority for Copper's cult.

Retrieve the Winter's Name Painting
Kill/unsummon the Winter Name, so we can summon her
Kill Copper
Destroy any original Manuscripts
Loot everything else you can.

A counterproposal:

Loot Copper
Loot Painting
Loot Library
Loot Talent
Loot Loot

Also, I believe one of the Names did check on the Wards and they are holding.
Nope, you are misremembering one of Baldomare's answers in "The many unavoidable questions you asked Baldomare". Here is what she said:
"Ah, yes. The Worms. Worrying about them is a tale as old as time, Velvet, trust me. I'll have to look around the Wake for a little bit, but I can tell at a glance that things are... different, than they were back then. I won't say that they were simpler, quite on the contrary, but at least it was a system that I was used to. But now? Well, the fact that the Wake still exists shows us that something must have put a ward in place, or taken some action about it. But I admit I know as little about it as you do, right now. Still... if what you told me about Selene is true, then... well, a Worm nearly making its way in is the very definition of an apocalyptic close call. It is good, then, that there is finally somepony doing something about it.
So, no the wards of the Hours are gone but something(very likely Harmony) is keeping the Worms out... That made me think a new theory.

What if the Dreamlands are what is shielding the world? That place is so bright the Worms almost forget about the Wake, in fact, that is what is attracting them in the first place.

We have no idea if Harmony can deal with all Worms but it could get rid of the weaker ones through Luna's presence passively so maybe the Dreamlands also double(or how many functions it has) as a Worm trap.

whilst posting this I noticed I got a like from OurLadyofWires on my post about how Bleidde/The Colonel have an agenda in the Wake and how terrible it would be to just give him free actions with Religious Duties so uh not taking that as confirmed as it may be Birb just liking how I put my thoughts and arguements in a rational well argued way that made sense but might be entirely wrong, but I am going to just have a bit of Dread now so im going to take a rest action and turn in for the night.
Moments like this are why I miss Insightful reacts!
So that's why the word was removed
Hm? What is this in reference to?

The first part of your argument makes no goddamn sense because in any turn we pursue the Sacrament we'll have to pop the Influence anyways because without it we have a snowball's chance in hell of managing a wound before he reduces us to 1 Hp. As for the second, I still find it hard to believe Edge will be our convincing Lore here.

Because the Influence lasts for a full month, as opposed to a AotL (which ends on the same turn), so if he does it now he won't have to do it next turn, if we potentially decide to go for it, which would mean he could do something else with the action that would be spent on summoning the influence. He's in high demand, lots of things he could potentially be doing.

Well if not Edge then what would be the deciding lore when talking to Comet? He definitely won't trust Grail or Moth coming from us, not with how justifiably paranoid he is about us. Comet doesn't trust us because we are completely opaque, we seemingly act at random and without care for our former comrades, if we want to have a productive conversation with him we need to Cut the bullshit and give him stark facts.

Dude you want Velvet, the head of the Pony CIA, to put a Name of the Colonel in charge of routing out a Cult in rebellion of the current govt? He's gonna make the streets of Manehatten run red with blood if we send him in with no restrictions. Sure low level cultists won't be throwing themselves at him but that means nothing when he's hunting them down himself.

That's right, he's the name of the Colonel, not the name of The Lionsmith. Have you not been paying attention to his characterization? We got the careful one, the meticulous one, the disciplined one. He's not stupid; far, far from it. Biedde is an old soldier in eternal service to the Oldest Soldier, he'd understand what we were trying to accomplish in that hypothetical situation and he'd get it done in a way that best suited our interests.

If we wanted random butchery we should have hired the other one.

And what do you know you guys just voted for Stalk, I wonder what we'll do when a slew of injuries with no explanation start popping up in Ponyvile and an investigation is launched.

And I stand by that decision. The flavor text and tone of choices matter in this quest, there's more than one layer going on. That exclamation point was not to be trusted, and "small and temporary debuff" could mean so many things in practice, [Night-Horror: -20 to first action taken this turn as you recover from the trauma of the Ashen Wastes] could be a "small and temporary debuff" just to dream something up at random. The point, is that every single dreamer, (and we genuinely have no idea of the scale of said demographic or if it's growing) would get hit with that Wolf debuff every night or however often they deliberately or inadvertently Dreamed.

Overnight, literally, night-and-day change like a lightswitch.

That's the kind of thing that always has a dramatic effect, and the fact that it wouldn't stop would make it all the more noticeable. [Stalk] obfuscates the situation, diffuses it, and turns it into a problem that we of the Lunar Bureau specifically can "solve", rather than a general monster-themed dream-plague thing that could potentially drag in all sorts of magical CDC nonsense. Yes I'm reaching, maybe nothing of the sort happens, maybe the dice just decide they hate Copper's cult exclusively. It's still worth thinking about which problem we'd prefer to be responsible for fixing.

Last edited:
Because the Influence lasts for a full month, as opposed to a AotL, so if he does it now he won't have to do it next turn, if we potentially decide to go for it, which would mean he could do something else with the action that would be spent on summoning the influence. He's in high demand, lots of things he could potentially be doing.
…You seem to be misunderstanding how the Influences work. They fade at the end of a turn, period. We don't get some half-turn of Influence effect or whatever next turn that we could sneak in the Sacrament during while he goes off and does something else. If you want an Influence at all next turn, we're going to have to spend the action to get another one.

It does, however, affect all actions during the turn it's summoned rather than one like AotL, so there is that.

Aye. Just to make sure we have all our ducks in the same row.

@OurLadyOfWires just to check, if "spy on Copper wins" would we need to make sure to write in a version that specifically tells Biedde to try and find out if she has our manuscripts or would you just take it into account as "one of the things Velvet would be interested in" generally?
No need.

Spying on an enemy is (1) a concerned effort to locating them and scouting them to facilitate a future attack and (2) an attempt to discover what they are up to, since you assume anyone you think is an enemy is actively plotting something that will be harmful to you to some extent.

And importantly, spying is NOT an expedition. You only proc the "assault an opponent" expedition, to really attack them, if you tell me you are attacking your opponent.

So no need for a write in. Asking to spy means asking to spy, and success will be decided by the dice.

@OurLadyOfWires you didn't answer this, can we ask Biedde to train us to get combat traits and/or health bonuses (after removing the Scar), instead of training us for edge scraps?
No.

And hear me out.

First, this quest focuses both on MLP and CS. Which means not only that the Lores are relevant, but that the Lores NEED to be relevant.
That is why I made it very clear early on that "flying" wouldn't give you mechanic bonuses if you were a pegasus, and that I wouldn't invent a grimoire for unicorn magic if you were a unicorn.
The way to get stronger is, mostly, Lores and friendship. Of course, there are other ways to go about it, but those are the main avenues for personal improvement.

Second, because although it might sound like it makes sense, it doesn't really make that much sense.
Because asking me to give you a "combat" trait to give you some extra combat would mean that Velvet (or any character, really) would learn, within the confines of a month and WHILE working, how to fight better. A character with a combat-related background had their whole lives prior to the quest to get a little better in combat, and Velvet (or any other character) would somehow learn it during the course of two weekends while juggling the rest of their lives.
That isn't possible. Or, at least, it isn't sensible.
BUT...
Here is the catch. Doing that actually IS possible.
It's called learning the Lores.
Velvet is, unironically, one of the best mortal fighters out there, better even than Shining, because she has been learning the metaphysical laws of combat. She is learning that about combat, and also about everything else. That is why this Quest has only been running for 19 months ingame, and I have zero problems justifying how a scarred, traumatized and socially unadjusted noblemare is suddenly the charismatic, energetic and influential character she is today.

So, you already know the way to ask Biedde for "A lesson to give you more personal combat". It is called "Ask for a scrap of Lore".

And I mean this in the best possible way, no barbs intended. And thank you for giving me the chance to clarify this!

Actually, let's clear that up. @OurLadyOfWires how long does an expedition have to be for Biedde to be unable to guard us?
Ehhh, mechanically speaking he has an action on top of auto-guard. So really, he is only unavailable if he goes on the monster-hunting expedition, or if I explicitly tell you he is away.

Otherwise, even if you send him to lead a long expedition, I'm fine with him still Guarding you.

Might change this later on if the narrative implications stop making sense, but for now I am glad with the idea that "he is just that good at it".

Professional Soldier, yknow.

[] Press Copper into the service of Crown on behalf of Princess of the Night. Make her give you control of her bindings or kidnap her. Take over her cult. In case of failure destroy as much of her power base as possible.

@OurLadyOfWires is it acceptable number of objectives for Copper expedition? Are there objectives that would not be valid?
That is way too much.

I mean, ordering an assault means the characters going to a place, locating the enemy faction, staking the place out and then staging a raid. And once you kick down a door, plans tend to fly off the window.

So really, asking for something as big as "win" or "take over everything she built for months now" is too much of an ask.

If you want a result like that, start dedicating several actions, over a few turns. But for now, an assault is just an assault. Might end well, might not achieve as much as you hope. But it's a step.

Ah
So that's why the word was removed.
Sveta08, I legitimately appreciate you, and I mean this in the best way possible.

But what? :V

Moments like this are why I miss Insightful reacts!
Aye. Same.

And that seems to be all! Hope you are all doing well. And here is a vote tally just so we know how it is going.

Vote Tally : Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience | Page 110 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 3301-3525]
##### NetTally 4.0.2

Task: BIEDDE

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.
No. of Votes: 16

[X][BIEDDE] Send somepony to locate, or spy on, this opponent (Copper Secateur)
No. of Votes: 10

[X][BIEDDE] Attack a Foe (Copper Secateur)
No. of Votes: 2

[X][BIEDDE] Equestria is full of undiscovered places. You must learn their secrets…
--[X] Search for a place that is old in its History. Where the influence of the Mansus is but an echo, but that can still be heard in the wind. (Search for an intermediary expedition)

[X][BIEDDE] There is something in Canterlot that you simply must find. Look for it.

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for a lesson on Edge.
No. of Votes: 1

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge. (Well that saves a bit of time, assuming it lasts until next turn so we can apply it to summoning those Mares)

[X][BIEDDE] Go get bits (no restrictions on methods)

Total No. of Voters: 27

Second, because although it might sound like it makes sense, it doesn't really make that much sense.
Because asking me to give you a "combat" trait to give you some extra combat would mean that Velvet (or any character, really) would learn, within the confines of a month and WHILE working, how to fight better. A character with a combat-related background had their whole lives prior to the quest to get a little better in combat, and Velvet (or any other character) would somehow learn it during the course of two weekends while juggling the rest of their lives.
That isn't possible. Or, at least, it isn't sensible.
To be entirely fair—and this isn't me criticizing or even making a suggestion, just noting a comparison—some quests handle the problem of time spent learning by giving skills or traits progress bars that require multiple actions to complete.

Also the splitting up of skills and traits, with the former being—outside of narrative—usually just being a small bonus to the baseline stat

But again, that's different quests, with different systems. No need to emulate them.
Might change this later on if the narrative implications stop making sense, but for now I am glad with the idea that "he is just that good at it".
I mean, he's a Moth. It makes perfect sense that he would just happen to pick the right day to be on guard by sheer chance. :V

Ah, @OurLadyOfWires, while we/I have your attention, I never did get a response back on the clarification you asked me for in regards to Ash.

Namely this:

Well let's see. I am a little mad you know, (like that fellow who taught Percussigants to juggle), as anyone who's read my ramblings on the nature of The Wolf should know, but I think I can explicate it...

[X] [BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge. (Well that saves a bit of time, assuming it lasts until next turn so we can apply it to summoning those Mares)
By the way, your vote is split from the rest because you didn't seperate that parenthesized bit.

Sveta08, I legitimately appreciate you, and I mean this in the best way possible.

But what? :V

Apologies. I won't beat around the bush if I've lost even you.

Back in... Turn 19 part 1, when Velvet is reading through the "notebook" left behind, I distinctly remember having read in it the first time the word "Ward." Something about the person who wrote it having to check on them or something. However, when I re-read that section when working on the "In which the world is bent" writing, I saw both the lack of mention of the word "Ward" and that it had been edited previously.

I very distinctly remembered the word being there, as it was the inspiration for writing "In which the world is bent." I may be very wrong and deluded in that, but...
Because of that, I kept with the question of "Why might they remove the word Ward" in the back of my head.

And, earlier on this page, Post 3547 by DelightedOne reminded me that Baldomare spoke of that there are at the very least wards left in place to prevent the Worms. How, what, and why those are, has never really been asked, only presumed that... they are. That they exist and because they exist, the story can exist. If the wards didn't exist, worms would have come already, and the story would have never begun, ergo, they must exist.

Those two things, in combination with the age, the uncertain history of the past of Canterlot Mountain, the potential half-remembered wording of Wards, the fact that the book was from the era where the Sisters had already ruled, made me hazard together the idea that underneath Canterlot Mountain may be where the wards that fend off the worms and other sorts of concern are. An action of Harmony of some sort. And, in my delusion/uncertainty/habit I wasn't certain if the wording of Wards was removed because that's something that wasn't quite supposed to be revealed, or if it was simply something I couldn't remember. So, I fell with Moth words to both allude but not answer.

Because... well, it's fun? But also it was just "Huh!"

Hopefully that explains it.

Last edited:
First, this quest focuses both on MLP and CS. Which means not only that the Lores are relevant, but that the Lores NEED to be relevant.
That is why I made it very clear early on that "flying" wouldn't give you mechanic bonuses if you were a pegasus, and that I wouldn't invent a grimoire for unicorn magic if you were a unicorn.
Huh, that's surprisingly dogmatic. In the Cultist Simulator game one can gain health and strength via mundane means over the course of the game and then apply it to further their occult efforts.
To be entirely fair—and this isn't me criticizing or even making a suggestion, just noting a comparison—some quests handle the problem of time spent learning by giving skills or traits progress bars that require multiple actions to complete.
Could be handled by something like "Every three martial or training actions gain 1d3 points of Martial, up to a cap of 12 (training and practical experience, but not dedicated enough to be an expert).

I am now picturing us getting attacked while Biedde is on an expedition and he's just suddenly there with no explanation. Of course he's there. Biedde is guarding us. If we get attacked he will try to stop it. The fact that he's half a continent away is a "not a name of edge" problem.

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.

I've been divided on this vote. On one hand it seems like a waste to get the influence now. We just need two scraps to max out and it would make sense to do the influence on the same turn as the Sacrament to save on actions. Also we do need to scout Copper. Ultimately though I think it would be useful for Comet and hopefully the Manse expedition. I don't think we'll be doing the Edge Sacrament for a few turns anyways.

I am now picturing us getting attacked while Biedde is on an expedition and he's just suddenly there with no explanation. Of course he's there. Biedde is guarding us. If we get attacked he will try to stop it. The fact that he's half a continent away is a "not a name of edge" problem.
Honestly? I've kinda gotten the sense that being half a continent away is just not a Name problem in general. DoAwas basically crossing the continent in moments when adventuring with the Crusaders—she reached the edge of Equestria IIRC—Baldomare didn't really obey conventional distance both when going to the Changeling hive and when jumping to Canterlot, Biedde appears to have visited Manehatten on his off hours, probably by cutting the distance between or something.

Marinette might be the only one who isn't teleporting around, and for all we know she can just spawn a different puppet body in another city or something if she wants to go somewhere.

And to be fair, it makes sense. As the greatest being left in the Mansus, which reflects the whole of the Wake, of course they should be able to influence great swathes of said Wake. What is a distance of miles when you can climb from base of the world to peak in a night?

You know, part of me wishes there would be a timeskip or something, so we could see the effects of Silky's "education" of absorbing info from all the "honored guests" she's surrounded by when she grows up. If Velvet is overpowered, how OP do you think Silky will be if she's educated in the lores (passively or actively) from such an early age?
It depends on if she's "allowed" to have multiple affinities.

but... has it EVER happened in history that a filly/child has directly interacted with MULTIPLE Names in a friendly family-like setting?

This might very well be unprecedented.

Right now she's getting friendly with Axe, Baldomare and Biedde. Mareinette is obviously not allowed to come close to her, ESPECIALLY when we're not there, and The Master is ashes...
I know, right? Imagine some art form has completely died out, but then your mom is filthy rich and entertains herself with the "eccentric" hobby of summoning the foremost experts of that art from back in time. Silky could become a prodigy. (Succession quest??)

You don't have to roast us like this :V

I had initially planned for you to have several "pawn-like" followers, and for you to throw numbers at a problem until it got fixed, but the story brought us in the direction of "a small number of deep friendships".
The way to get stronger is, mostly, Lores and friendship. Of course, there are other ways to go about it, but those are the main avenues for personal improvement.
I've heard breadcrumbs like this from the QM before, but I do feel like we've been neglecting the social/training aspect of the game. My philosophy when it comes to games like these is that most of the actions we spend not putting out fires are spent on "capital investments" that improve our position. Followers basically give us more actions; AP hell may be a sign that we haven't inducted enough ponies into our faction.

Actually, thinking aloud, as another "balance patch", would it be possible to get the ponies in our cult to recruit more ponies? Basically, make an action available to followers to try to recruit their friends. We could replicate the Master's setup with his cult lieutenants and have our own version of Copper that would be in charge of recruitment. To be fair, in that situation, we couldn't be sure of ponies being personally loyal to us, only loyal by proxy. And there are greater chances of things going wrong by spreading lore knowledge more widely (although that ship has kinda sailed with all the former Master's cult ponies in Ponyville). But maybe that would've been more viable if we we declined the Commissioner job and were still a neglected minor noble, as in the absence of having the Master's intimidation factor for keeping ponies in line, we might have to spend more time herding cats, and more of our time would actually be spent in Ponyville. Maybe we could become close friends with Raven and start building a power base in Canterlot. :V

Huh, that's surprisingly dogmatic. In the Cultist Simulator game one can gain health and strength via mundane means over the course of the game and then apply it to further their occult efforts.
I wouldn't say dogmatic, if by dogmatic, you mean "excessively sticking to rigid preconceptions without a good reason". It's a question of scope and game design. Sure, Cultist Simulator lets you do that, but that's similar to arguing with your mom by saying "my friend's mom lets him do X, why won't you?" The QM chooses the rules and what the game is actually about; it's best to argue in terms of this game's mechanics and design and why it would actually be better if that were a thing. We are already pretty overpowered in terms of combat stats.
Velvet is, unironically, one of the best mortal fighters out there, better even than Shining, because she has been learning the metaphysical laws of combat. She is learning that about combat, and also about everything else. That is why this Quest has only been running for 19 months ingame, and I have zero problems justifying how a scarred, traumatized and socially unadjusted noblemare is suddenly the charismatic, energetic and influential character she is today.
Any more could strain credulity.

It is honestly kinda wild to consider just how bullshit Velvet really is. Like, +20 combat is a master among mortals. A master. Shining Armor was legitimately called Heroic at +25. And Velvet has him beat at +29.

And here we are complaining because we still can't reasonably fight an actual demigod of War without cheating really hard. :V

Actually, thinking aloud, as another "balance patch", would it be possible to get the ponies in our cult to recruit more ponies? Basically, make an action available to followers to try to recruit their friends. We could replicate the Master's setup with his cult lieutenants and have our own version of Copper that would be in charge of recruitment.

To be honest we don't really have a cult so much as a small number of highly skilled associates and trusted confidants. We literally have more Names than mortal minions right now, it's honestly kind of silly. We're possibly better off trying to turn our Bureau into eldritch X-Com now that we've got Luna and Candance and Shining solidly on our side.

That's right, he's the name of the Colonel, not the name of The Lionsmith. Have you not been paying attention to his characterization? We got the careful one, the meticulous one, the disciplined one. He's not stupid; far, far from it. Biedde is an old soldier in eternal service to the Oldest Soldier, he'd understand what we were trying to accomplish in that hypothetical situation and he'd get it done in a way that best suited our interests.

If we wanted random butchery we should have hired the other one.
We are sending the Name whose job it was once to hunt traitors, malcontents and revolutionaries to hunt a cult in open rebellion. Careful or not if Biedde has no restrictions on his conduct he will stack bodies or did you fail to read the part where the only reason he spared Steppes and co was because Silky spoke well of him?
Yes I'm reaching, maybe nothing of the sort happens, maybe the dice just decide they hate Copper's cult exclusively. It's still worth thinking about which problem we'd prefer to be responsible for fixing.
Right I will reiterate once again how dreaming of the Mansus works because you seem to misunderstand the mechanics;

Most mortals only dream once or twice in their lives total.

All mortal cultists who enter must deliberately chose to do so and take the required actions in the Wake.

So no there wouldn't have been hordes of people suffering from nightmares just every once in a while someone would have a worse one. Now there will be random injuries with no explanation concentrated where the Cultists are, which like you said includes Ponyvile thus bringing scrutiny here.

And that is a big fucking problem.

Last edited:
I've heard breadcrumbs like this from the QM before, but I do feel like we've been neglecting the social/training aspect of the game. My philosophy when it comes to games like these is

I don't know what you're talking about. We do lots of social actions. Like the social Bureau action we were given or the free social action. See that's two each turn. :V

In fairness, I don't think we've been bad with training, just tended to focus on breadth versus depth, which we do need to rectify. Realistically the Bureau is set up to be Velvet's "cult" we just need to put in more work before we can fully use it. Doesn't mean we can't expand her current followers, but we've also had a tendency to focus on quality over quantity even in our choices with the Bureau. I don't think that's a bad thing in the grand scheme of it all, but I agree we have neglected developing them and it wouldn't hurt to expand a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back