• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

but we have no assurances whatsoever that the Canterlot lead is the only Outsider in existence. Somepony might just get lucky.
We do though, like sure Bird hasn't out right said it's the only lead but saying we could spend a life time trying to find another and fail is as good as.
The reestablishment I mentioned is that of the system of the Hours, that corrupt, cruel and sometimes plain crazy thing that made the World a much less pleasant place to live in(and it was a Lantern Name that said that).
That's because of who the Hours were. If better people rise to the station a better system you would have.
The Thunderskin's ascension from a Name to an Hour was extremely unorthodox, as he came through the Tricuspid gate which is not at all the proper method. But it did work, and so set precedent, thus whatever Luna is by dint of being an Outsider she still has a right to use the same path.
The Thunderskin did not ascend through the Tricuspid Gate what are you talking about? It was through the Peacock Door he came, the highest mortals may rise within the Mansus.

Also, I wonder if Harmony lovers are going to regret the influence now.

And also that, once this is over, there is a chance you will no longer be the kind of pony who regrets having done this.
You know, I find it very interesting how the Influence cuts away Velvet's regret. Sure, it seems mostly targeted at the regret about asking for it in the first place, but…

Well. Cutting Regret could have much greater meaning to Velvet in particular at some point. :V

You know, I find it very interesting how the Influence cuts away Velvet's regret. Sure, it seems mostly targeted at the regret about asking for it in the first place, but…

Well. Cutting Regret could have much greater meaning to Velvet in particular at some point. :V
Eh, it's not regret.
Or, rather, it's not only regret.

It's indecision. Hesitation. Pauses. Uncertainty.
Every step and every word that don't change the path taken.
Every instant between where you are and where you are going that isn't moving.
Every time you let who you are get in the way from what you need to do... It helps lessen that burden.
It makes it easier.
Next time.

This, is why I wanted Biedde to assist in finding the Outsider in Canterlot. This is going to be a valuable lesson. Like when she sank too deep into the calming Winter Pool when writing her father.
Only it is going to last much, much longer.
By definition this will be useful. It will be practical. But the things it costs will be... Not in bits. Not in actions. Not in friends or companions or time or allies or plans. It's just...

It's useful. It's a mistake. It's a useful mistake that we will get the most from it.
I don't recommend repeating this.

I wonder what happens if we perform a Regrettable Action while under the knife that cuts away regret. Does the knife cut too deeply and swiftly, killing us? Does the Wolf shatter the blade with merciless Winter? Do we get caught in a perpetual soul-knifing loop that mirrors the Wolf's own eternal marring? Let's not find out.

I wonder what happens if we perform a Regrettable Action while under the knife that cuts away regret. Does the knife cut too deeply and swiftly, killing us? Does the Wolf shatter the blade with merciless Winter? Do we get caught in a perpetual soul-knifing loop that mirrors the Wolf's own eternal marring? Let's not find out.

Blood is the currency of the world, the paint that shapes the Manus. So I suppose our wolf blood would shape the Knife with our regret. Subversion of edge with whatever principle the wolf stains are.

Okay, just to remind people, Influences do not punish us. Do we really need to have that conversation again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back