• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

I tend to assume that when the QM says an option is not bad, then it's, you know, not bad.
Ah I didn't see that thanks for pointing that out to me.
Although not bad in my mind could include it being more positive than negative so good with slight badness but I think that wouldn't be the case here.

Deleted and reposted because I forgot to quote.

Uhh about that Harmony purified a Worm in this Quest and the Elements are kinda supposed to be used in those terms in canon(removing corruption) so I doubt a Stain that didn't reach all of Velvet's soul would be a challenge for Harmony especially since she would be willing to have it removed to get rid of the Sons(she does Regret what she did).
But I do wonder what the consequences of that would be. Evil being gone would make Equestria go back to normal obviously but Paranoia and Ash were made by actual Regrettable Actions, would that fix the Tribal Door and the Woods, leave them alone or remake them in a harmonious version.

One of my issues with the Glory ending is that if Velvet doesn't take great care the wrong pony could ascend and make a mess like the old Hours used to so she kinda needs to be a tyrant.

There are also possible loose ends like: is the Mansus gonna be magically restored by Glory or will Velvet need to do it herself, are there gonna be new Hours that aren't from flesh if that happens, the Wolves are supposed to disapear or they will become even more powerful since they are connected to another Hour and of course there is the issue of the hierarchy of the Mansus coming back(things weren't good back then) if Velvet as the only Hour(would that make her a Day?) is capable of stablishing a new one things could be better but it seems like that is part of the system so it is unlikely.

Edit: There is also the Wolf. Velvet won't be able to get rid of him since no other Hour could.

The wolf is by its own creation the memory of a wound, and there is a prophecy that when the sun-in-splendor returns then all the children of the sun-in-splendor will be consumed. I think removing the seal will allow the sun-in-splendor to return or who knows maybe Velvet will become the sun-in-splendor.

As of right now Discord is, as far as we know, an unredeemed villain. Even in canon it took a LOT for him to REALLY become good.

It's very much implied he caused lots of suffering during his era of chaos... though to be fair much of the destruction attributed to him in canon might have been caused by the destruction of the Mansus instead.

Then again, the timing implies he only could get "in" because the Hours were no longer guarding this world.

In any case, yeah, It's 95% Discord, and if we CAN kill him we definitely will. Nobody would miss him right now, and if we need to kill someone anyway...
If we do kill him then we will also get our sacrament for EDGE.

I wonder if in the event that killing a foe in a duel grants a Edge scrap would that getting us up to 4/4 scraps mean the duel counts for the sacrament or would it mean that we'd just be ready for a sacrament in a future duel?

Last edited:
I wonder if in the event that killing a foe in a duel grants a Edge scrap would that getting us up to 4/4 scraps mean the duel counts for the sacrament or would it mean that we'd just be ready for a sacrament in a future duel?
Yes to the former. It's why we technically only need 3/4 scraps to engage the Saceament, because the duel itself grants a scrap on top of the Sacrament. Or at least a rank four scrap. Don't know if it would give an extra scrap into Level Five if we already had 4/4.

Only if we do it in a straight 1v1 duel in person. Which, uh… is not a good idea. Also we still need another Edge scrap first.
"You must kill a "worthy opponent" in battle"
ya that is kind of hard to do, with a ritual, but if you trap discord, and stab him with an enchanted weapon i think that would count as a battle.

"You must kill a "worthy opponent" in battle"
ya that is kind of hard to do, with a ritual, but if you trap discord, and stab him with an enchanted weapon i think that would count as a battle.
Eh… not really? Like you might want to re-read the fight between Comet and Shining since that was an example of how the duel is supposed to go except the very end. There's a whole honor and ritualized greeting aspect behind the duel that probably wouldn't work if you're not on relatively equal ground.

Like, maybe if we started the duel, then spring a trap prepared beforehand, but that still gives him plenty of chance to do something. The whole point of the duel is a test of martial might, not how hard you can munchkin technicalities. And when it comes to the Lores, the spirit of something matters.

Is the max lore level 7 and after we have our sacrament at level 5 will there be more sacraments for level 6 and 7?
Another thing to remind everyone who hasn't read in a while, we currently have the major objective of reaching glory, our main enemy is Copper Secateur, a grail. Starry Dancer, heart, is unknown right now, but may be an enemy because she depended on the master and we killed her. Windy Flakes, winter, may be a problem with his "interests".
Finally how high do you think the others have reach in the mansus, because Velvet kind of speed run the mansus climb, by the time we left, like 2 or 3 turns ago, Windy Flakes, was the highest climber and he only reach the white door. We went way past that, and the skill check to climb are rather high, like 100, needed to pass high.

or, you know, as an aside... we already were theorizing that maybe harmony is a NEW Hour. After all Hours are sometimes born, and they reflect and are reflections of the changes in the Wake.

Harmony between the three Tribes COULD have given birth to a new hour.

If we went with the old categories... and if Harmony's birth is in any way connected to the death of so many Hours from before... wouldn't that make Harmony a God From Blood? Or I suppose...

...the Sun In Splendor was once mentioned to have come from the Glory. THE Original God From Light.

Last we know, the Sun in Splendor was reborn, and he and the Forge-of-Days isolated themselves beyond the Tricuspid.

I wonder... what if...

Harmony is the child of The Sun-in-Splendor and the Forge-of-Days. to prevent themselves from becoming Alukites, they WILLINGLY locked themselves beyond the Tricuspid and close to Glory, with Harmony instead on the other side and beyond their reach.

Is the max lore level 7 and after we have our sacrament at level 5 will there be more sacraments for level 6 and 7?
IIRC seven is the highest level we can get, at least in the course of the game. Theoretically there's bigger, but that's more of an abstract beyond what works in the Wake. Like, Names and Hours should totally have higher levels, but they only use a fraction of their power when summoned for reasons. Also it won't be a sacrament, exactly, but Bird did say at some point that the breakpoints for unique powers are 3, 5, and 7. They're more special somehow.
I had a thought.

Harmony stoned Discord.

Could it mean that maybe Harmony is connected to the Gods from Stones? :V
I mean, the Wheel…
Finally how high do you think the others have reach in the mansus, because Velvet kind of speed run the mansus climb, by the time we left, like 2 or 3 turns ago, Windy Flakes, was the highest climber and he only reach the white door. We went way past that, and the skill check to climb are rather high, like 100, needed to pass high.
Probably no higher than the Church. Nobody had found Biedde yet this turn, at minimum.

Harmony is the child of The Sun-in-Splendor and the Forge-of-Days. to prevent themselves from becoming Alukites, they WILLINGLY locked themselves beyond the Tricuspid and close to Glory, with Harmony instead on the other side and beyond their reach.
I don't think that Hour pregnancies are the same as mortal pregnancies but wouldn't a Lanturn Hour know precisely when the child is born and then become overcome with the urge to consume before either of them could stop themselves, like assuming that like mammal pregnancies the child is a live birth from the mother wouldn't they deliver the child then immediatly nom them?
Unless Hours can have children born through eldritch means or via eggs.

I still stand by my theory that the two Hours merged into one being and by going through Glory they were burned by the knowledge and power gaining lores seperate from the norm such as the Elements of Harmony and Love, becoming a new entity Harmony.

Hmm, speaking of the Mansus, what do people want to do with the feee exploration action next turn? Personally I'm hoping to keep exploring the Stairs, since there's pretty much the last place to check, except for the new Ash. Well, unless we want to take a shot at the Church depths…

Hmm, speaking of the Mansus, what do people want to do with the feee exploration action next turn? Personally I'm hoping to keep exploring the Stairs, since there's pretty much the last place to check, except for the new Ash. Well, unless we want to take a shot at the Church depths…
Aren't we locked into exploring the ex-Woods area (Ashlands?) already?

Last edited:
Not as far as I recall? I mean, Velvet's going to take a brief look at the start of the turn, IIRC, but it's not actually taking our action I don't think. Unless I missed or am forgetting something.
Ah, found it. It wasn't in the update itself, but Bird talked about it a handful of posts down.

You are never a fool!

And these updates are usually (preferrably) made in two parts. Like next (EDIT: ) last time, you will have a chat with good Baldomare right after.

But to say what you will soon learn:
-Yes, the Master was the Woods. Or the part of the Woods that gained cohesion over the racuous chorus, after [REDACTED] something happened in the past.
-Yes, the Woods have been completely, uh... "remodeled". But Velvet will use her next free "Mansus action" to explore enough to find her way to the Blank Door. In practice, the rest of the Mansus (and your access to it) is not affected.
-Yes, there are new parts on [???] the lowest part of the Mansus. More on that later.
-???

Oh yeah! And I forgot that, technically speaking, everybody is back on the lowest level again since they have to find their way back to the Blank Door like Velvet does. Velvet can basically do it for free, but that's because unless Forge or Heart are being used, she's got 70+ automatically on Mansus search rolls. Benefits of having a lot of Level 4s.

…Heh. Oh god that's going to suck for them. Like, it was still a 70 Moth check just to get to the door the first time, and while the difficulty is probably the same, it probably uses different lores. Depending on what, exactly, it could be fairly difficult. And then there's the "don't get fucking eaten by Wolves" difficulty modifier, however that manifests, unless you're a friend of Velvet.

IIRC seven is the highest level we can get, at least in the course of the game. Theoretically there's bigger, but that's more of an abstract beyond what works in the Wake. Like, Names and Hours should totally have higher levels, but they only use a fraction of their power when summoned for reasons. Also it won't be a sacrament, exactly, but Bird did say at some point that the breakpoints for unique powers are 3, 5, and 7. They're more special somehow.
we at least know the rewards for each level up to 5.

lvl 0: +1 to appropriate roll
lvl 1: another +4 to appropriate roll
lvl 2: another +5 to appropriate roll, and +1 to an appropriate stat (honestly I always thought that was a bit too low though. It should be higher!)
lvl 3: another +5 to appropriate roll, and a "Realization" power. From alchemical reagents, to Risen-making, to touch-reading/Psychometry, and so on. Most of them are objectively pretty useful, if a bit niche.
lvl 4: another + 5 to appropriate roll, AND a re-roll on that lore once per turn on the most beneficial roll (Except Edge. That's one reroll every 6 rounds of combat. Weirdly enough it doesn't apply outside of combat)

lvl 5: presumably another +5 and the Sacrament power, which will presumably be far stronger than the Realization. for SH for example I'm expecting something along the lines of being able to use the parallel-history-sight to help in picking our actions, maybe by giving hints of potential results.

lvl 6 and 7: who knows. Presumably 7 is some even bigger power. I kinda expect lvl 6 might allow us to call down influences at will on our own, like our Names can do.

well, we'll want to see what our situation is with Luna first, but I'm down for the church.

And once the SH Sacrament is done, we can check the Tower!

All this is guessing but — I think max lore is 6 (can we really be better than a Name?) and level 7 is reserved for the Name that became the Master. I think Level 6 will require a Heirloom.

Last we know, the Sun in Splendor was reborn, and he and the Forge-of-Days isolated themselves beyond the Tricuspid.

I wonder... what if...

That is a cool idea. I've definitely also wondered if the lock was as much to keep something in as it was to keep something out.

It would be almost surprising if Harmony didn't have a connection to everything that went down towards the end, though I'm really not sure what form. I was thinking perhaps SiS created it and the the Forge locked it away? Alukite Names is definitely a scary proposition though, that's a reason to put a heavy ass chain on the gate!

All this is guessing but — I think max lore is 6 (can we really be better than a Name?) and level 7 is reserved for the Name that became the Master. I think Level 6 will require a Heirloom.
Nah, Level Six books exist because you can get Level Six scraps from them, and why would you need scraps at Level Six if there was no Level Seven?

Notably, Level Seven books dont exist because there's no Level Eight.

Nah, Level Six books exist because you can get Level Six scraps from them, and why would you need scraps at Level Six if there was no Level Seven?

about scraps, i know there are different levels, but can scraps of lower levels be combined into a scrap of a higher level, i.e. can a 2 level 1 scraps become 1 level 2 scraps. and so on. there for you could theoretically continues collect scraps and level up your lore's forever.

about scraps, i know there are different levels, but can scraps of lower levels be combined into a scrap of a higher level, i.e. can a 2 level 1 scraps become 1 level 2 scraps. and so on. there for you could theoretically continues collect scraps and level up your lore's forever.
Nah. That's a thing in the base CS game, but in this quest if we would get a scrap lower than our level, it just kinda... Doesn't happen. Because we basically already do it doesn't tell us any more. Like if we were to study our level two knock artifact? We wouldn't get a scrap for it.

There are actually Level 7 books. They are apparently Very Special :V

But yeah, maximum we can theoretically reach is Level 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back