• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

I am happy to note our continued relative devotion to Mothing our way along and doing the most unexpected thing in a given moment.

Here Velvet is shrouded in a maximal influence of Edge just so she can be aggressively reasonable about Comet's workplace safety concerns.

Alas for Comet's sanity, Velvet will never make sense if you try to understand her using only one Lore.

The poem's great.
Feedback: At some points, the number of syllables doesn't fit quite right.
Really makes me happy.
Thank you very much for your kind words and thoughtful feedback!

I didn't count syllables at all! I just read it and tried to have it sound good on my head :V Yep, a lot to learn about writing poems.

Thanks for the edits and suggestions. I'll do another pass at some point and update it accordingly.

This is great, though I have to ask; Who's singing the Ode? Or rather who penned it?
I didn't really have a specific perspective in mind. Perhaps —

A stone dropped into a lake causes ripples. Lightning striking a tree ignites a forest fire. And just as surely, when a Name acts (or fails to act) and history reweaves as consequence, poems crop up like fungus after a storm.

(Or one of those visitors to the Lodge during the Era the Manaus died got a little too drunk and a little too maudlin. Your pick!)

Last edited:
The Sun could wait its turning,
The rites could wait their flame.
For in the quiet they were sharing,
She knew a softer claim.
Absolutely delightful. The last bit of poetry I wrote was more than ten years ago, so I can't really speak to "literary" feedback as others have. But as a reader, I can confirm that "read it, loved it".

Thank you so much for sharing it!

And the current tally seems to be

Vote Tally : Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience | Page 135 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 4138-4233]
##### NetTally 4.0.2

[X] Compromise.
No. of Votes: 35

[X] Conscription.
No. of Votes: 7

[X] Negotiation
No. of Votes: 2

[X] Assassination.
No. of Votes: 1

[X] Status Quo.
No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 41

Voting should close tomorrow around midday. But it seems to be pretty much set in stone.

I hope you are all doing well! And I hope to get the next update done soon.

it's fairly uncontroversial.

We don't want to kill Comet, and we ideally want to remove his potential as an enemy.

That basically leaves only Compromise, or Negotiation... but we're very likely to lose if we try that one.

Well, there's also Conscription, but that comes with a side of "Comet will hate us even more, and wait for an opportunity (that admittedly might never come, but still!)

We don't want to kill Comet
okay, sure.
but do you all we want him alive?
Cuz the read i've been getting so far is as folowed.
He is a threat that should not be lose.
We don't want to risk an injury.
We don't particulerly care about Flutershy since she is underlevled and would require scarce actions.

So, the solution is conscription, where we would have multiple levers of control.

OR, assassination, which has as high a chance of success as we can get. You know, on acount of the god of murder.
And can we all stop brining up lore about Book of Hours as arguments, or am i misremembering QM saying that it isn't canon for this?

okay, sure.
but do you all we want him alive?
Cuz the read i've been getting so far is as folowed.
He is a threat that should not be lose.
We don't want to risk an injury.
We don't particulerly care about Flutershy since she is underlevled and would require scarce actions.

So, the solution is conscription, where we would have multiple levers of control.

OR, assassination, which has as high a chance of success as we can get. You know, on acount of the god of murder.
And can we all stop brining up lore about Book of Hours as arguments, or am i misremembering QM saying that it isn't canon for this?

We can spend our time putting out fires or gathering more fire extinguishers.
Comet in this metaphor, has always been a help that we have never really figured out. If he's a fire, if he's a help, if he is a help that has a chance of exploding, so on.

Conscription forces him to be a help that will explode if things go out of our control. And we have a bad habit of keeping everything in control.
Assasination puts out the fire by throwing in the towel. I'm sure the Wolf will love that.

If you are reading through and getting only those views, then I'll offer you this one directly.
Comet has the potential to help us, even if we have better tools, and better options eventually, or over time, or it might take a bit of effort to get there.
And we need all hands on deck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back