• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

What's our xp at right now. We've had to...convince a number of people of our plans recently. Depending on how this next update goes through, I might want to try to make us more effective in that regard somehow though I admit it's important to use xp wisely.

With the number of threats above us It would be nice to just talk down someone like Raiser or Rias's parents without have to go through a showdown. That being said a number of these dragon power upgrades do make us more viable in combat against Raiser.

How powerful is Issei at Social fu-ing anyways say versus other exalted? Are we particularly persuasive for a Solar?

I just realized we should try to work in

Defying the Established Social Order (Presence): OOO
in future votes.

I can't figure out a way it into our current vote but it's something to keep in mind if we speak to someone like Raiser or Rias's parents.

Just realized we could this on Raiser as well.

Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
Cost: 2m
Mins: Presence 1, Essence 3
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious, Social
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Any Presence Excellency
The Solar ignites her spirit with the Essence of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm can enhance a physical attack. This Charm makes the attack Holy and causes the attack to inflict aggravated damage against creatures of darkness. This Charm can also enhance social attacks that create guilt, shame or fear, or where the Exalt uses a stunt to draw on these emotions.

for a starting Solar we are not bad, against Creatures of Darkness we are even better, and as far as things go, for a none Social Combat spec'ed Solar we are damn good, against any no exalt we should have few problems particularly against people who ping as CoD

Would we get in-trouble if we killed Riaser? Just a thought I had and one I had if he killed him in canon

in the rating game death is possible, its one of the things Raiser used to get Ria's to give up when he was torturing Issei to death. On the other hand if we can avoid it we probably should, Killing the son of a high ranking Devil would just make us a major enemy.

Though, when we fight him the image of us summoning up a massive onslaught of water attacks then charging them with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment to make them all holy water amuses me a lot, Alexander did say we could Stunt our attacks so they didn't kill him however, so that's something to remember

codeRR said:
Would we get in-trouble if we killed Riaser? Just a thought I had and one I had if he killed him in canon

Trouble with whom? The Devil Factions? Yes. Riaser would have to go down a very bad route(probably raping or attacking Rias) before we could kill him without major blowback.

Hypothetically how many dice could we throw at Raiser? Say we were arguing that he should let Rias make her own choices choosing the person she loves. That it was meaningless to force someone to marry you & the whole point of loving someone was to want to make them happy something he could only do for Rias by changing who he was & improving himself. Don't know Raiser's motivation but I presume we would use

Channeling [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]+2 stunt die+Charisma 2+Defying the Established Social Order (Presence): OOO+Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment

Would we add our appearance to that? I don't know if we add appearance to social attacks of people of the same gender...How would Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment fit in?

nah we shouldn't kill raiser. show him up and curbstomp him? sure. kill him? no, plus if we win and manage to impress his sister like canon issei did boom we got another blonde XD

http://simg2.gelbooru.com//images/1759/b4ad72c6b6b687fcd03976c44fb049e9.png?1970507

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance reduces the MDV if its higher then the target.

Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment
Cost: 2m; Mins: Presence 1, Essence 3; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Holy, Obvious, Social
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Any Presence Excellency
Required for Charms: Terrible Sun King Condemnation, Searing After-Image Passion

The Solar ignites her spirit with the Essence of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm can enhance a physical attack. This Charm makes the attack Holy and causes the attack to inflict aggravated damage against creatures of darkness.

This Charm can also enhance social attacks that create guilt, shame or fear, or where the Exalt uses a stunt to draw on these emotions. It makes the attack Holy. This Charm makes creatures of darkness treat the social attack as unnatural mental influence that costs one Willpower to resist. This Charm also halves the creature's base MDVs against the attack.

This Charm is specifically permitted to enhance rolls based on other Abilities.

codeRR said:

Raiser's shtick is immortality. He is worse than Shirou Emiya about not dying when killed. Subduing him would take less effort and we'd have to go out of our way to kill him. So , yeah , it will ruin the relationships with the Underworld badly. Even more so for the Phenex and Gremory family.

It will seal the Ravel route permanently , too.

Killing Raiser is an all around bad idea.

I love this place, /laugh we are less worried about killing the asshat then we are not getting the chance to nail his cute sister /snirk never change QQ never change

EternitynChaos said:
I love this place, /laugh we are less worried about killing the asshat then we are not getting the chance to nail his cute sister /snirk never change QQ never change

<_<. I don't really want to kill Raiser.

I've done a bit more math

Channeling [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]+2 stunt die+Charisma 2+Defying the Established Social Order (Presence): OOO+Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment

So

Charisma 2+Presence 4+Defying the Established Social Order 3+Stunt 2+Compassion 5+Excellency ?

I think Excellency would be Charisma+Presence, but since we have a specialty in defying the established social Order we can increase that to 2+4+3? for 9?

Do you count specialties when calculating First Presence Excellency?

If so that would give us ...2+4+3+2+5+9or 25 dice. :/

&...we double successes on that. Was there a charm that halved their defense?

Say...Raiser had DC of 16. Cut that in half with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment to 8. Say we have 1 more appearance then him (5 to 4) cutting him down to 7.

Throwing 25 dice would net us an average of 12 & a half successes. Double that back & we'd get 25 successes.

:/

Solars be broke yo.

On Average Raiser would need a DC of 53 to resist a social attack of this type. Please tell me I'm doing this wrong...

EternitynChaos said:

So true :))

Another thing......sense we are helping devils with their fertility problems would we be able to marry Rias? Well more like get approval for it or do you think the families would be like

"Yeah you helped us and even helped us understand the evil piece system....but no you can't cause your a human"

I'm just throwing out interesting(hopefully) questions that may not ever come up in the quest

megrisvernin said:
<_<. I don't really want to kill Raiser.

I've done a bit more math

So

Charisma 2+Presence 4+Defying the Established Social Order 3+Stunt 2+Compassion 5+Excellency ?

I think Excellency would be Charisma+Presence, but since we have a specialty in defying the established social Order we can increase that to 2+4+3? for 9?

Do you count specialties when calculating First Presence Excellency?

If so that would give us ...2+4+3+2+5+9or 25 dice. :/

&...we double successes on that. Was there a charm that halved their defense?

Say...Raiser had DC of 16. Cut that in half with Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment to 8. Say we have 1 more appearance then him (5 to 4) cutting him down to 7.

Throwing 25 dice would net us an average of 12 & a half successes. Double that back & we'd get 25 successes.

:/

Solars be broke yo.

On Average Raiser would need a DC of 53 to resist a social attack of this type. Please tell me I'm doing this wrong...

Were SOLAR ,It's in our job description to be awesome/broken

here's hoping grilled chicken bastard gets crit fails lol XD

Is the index updated? Cause Last update links me to the previous thread.

noahgab1133 said:
here's hoping grilled chicken bastard gets crit fails lol XD

Hear hear. I would love to rip him to pieces with nothing but our words.

If we fight still fight well Dragon scales + child of mother Earth + our defensive overdrive means we'll no sell Raiser's attacks like nothing. >:D

EternitynChaos said:

Hey Ravel not only gives us access to Phoenix tears but she could help out with Bureaucracy and Politics as well. With Factions coming out of the woodwork to see us, it'd be nice to hav as much help on ghat side of things as possible.

Also once she comes to us to help save Raiser from the inevitable depression he'd feel after.getting his ass handed to him by us we'll have the Phoenix clan like us even more and Raiser will feel better about himself and have respect for us.

Yeah no need to kill Riser. Just beating his ass and crushing his pride will reap far more benefits then killing him and it'd take less effort.

codeRR said:
I don't think were actually weak against dragon power unless we actually change our parts into a dragon?

Alex can you answer this?
Just by having Boosted Gear, a Dragon-type Sacred Gear, you are vulnerable to dragon-slaying weapons. This is something that occur naturally, both in this quest and in canon, and in the case of Issei even more since he took it up a notch with dragon transformation.
megrisvernin said:
The second is a matter you've just touched on, namely the breakdown between the barrier between the supernatural & the mundane world. The person who I mentioned explained your organization to me, Abe Kiyome-sempai, was recently assaulted by a local gang the Snakes. While I was able to intervene, Kiyome-sempai was restricted in the options she could take without exposing her supernatural connections. I am taking steps to see that this group will no longer pose problems, but they are sufficiently well organized & adept in concealing themselves that it will be difficult for me to handle them & restrain the use of my power. I'd appreciate your assistance in covering up evidence of my actions against them & any other support you could offer on the matter.
Megr? Sorry to blow up your idea, but Issei has no idea if the thugs that assaulted Kiyome were part of Snake.

They weren't by the way.

As far as he is concerned they are just a normal band of delinquents. Because all he knows at the moment is what was said in the quest. Since, you know, you didn't investigate before.

ZipLopz said:
If this is how easy mode is going, I don't want to know what Alexander had in mind with the more difficult options...
This is easy mode because you aren't the only one that can resolve a certain situation. Things are moving in the background, and you are not the only "Hero".

You would help a lot, that's for sure, and there are some things that only you can resolve. Which ones...that's a secret! 8)

noahgab1133 said:
also alexander try to show more of the angel side. dxd shows very little of it :( and maybe we can take some of their shiny angels over to our side. this may or may not be bias over having finished sora no otoshimono over the weekend XD
Alright, I will try. Bear in mind that them appearing at this point of time is a bad thing, because Devil's territory.

Sora no Otoshimono? *chuckle* Now that's a setting where the old Issei would thrive. Him and Tomoki looks like they can be twins separated at birth.

Alexander said:
Just by having Boosted Gear, a Dragon-type Sacred Gear, you are vulnerable to dragon-slaying weapons. This is something that occur naturally, both in this quest and in canon, and in the case of Issei even more since he took it up a notch with dragon transformation.Megr? Sorry to blow up your idea, but Issei has no idea if the thugs that assaulted Kiyome were part of Snake.

They weren't by the way.

As far as he is concerned they are just a normal band of delinquents. Because all he knows at the moment is what was said in the quest. Since, you know, you didn't investigate before.
This is easy mode because you aren't the only one that can resolve a certain situation. Things are moving in the background, and you are not the only "Hero".

You would help a lot, that's for sure, and there are some things that only you can resolve. Which ones...that's a secret! 8)
Alright, I will try. Bear in mind that them appearing at this point of time is a bad thing, because Devil's territory.

Sora no Otoshimono? *chuckle* Now that's a setting where the old Issei would thrive. Him and Tomoki looks like they can be twins separated at birth.

Hrrm. I have an idea how salvage it.

Updated Plan. Let me if those works Alexander.

[X] Plan Megris

Channeling [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

As Sayanomiya-san's finishes you place your left arm under your chin allowing it to rest on couch's side as you clearly consider her words. You know far too little to commit at this time but you think being too dismissive might reduce the chance the History Compilation Committee might help in regards to Tomofuri-san or other matters. After a minute you begin, your voice resolute but allowing some regret to show on your features and a sympathetic tone to color your words.

"As far as associations go, I'm afraid I can't make that decision at that time Sayanomiya-san. There's still far too little I know of the supernatural for me to be comfortable at this stage to make that commitment. The same applies to this investigation you're asking of me. While I know of the Fallen Angel, Devil & Angelic factions my knowledge of them is still cursory & I'd want to know about any independent groups or supernatural individuals I might interact with during this fact finding search. If you could provide me with this information on the supernatural world & either a means to contact you or for you to return in a few days time I'd be prepared to inform you of my decision.

You pause for a moment as you shift your posture, leaning forward from the couch & interlacing your fingers together letting a thoughtful expression crossing your face. But before allowing Sayanomiya-san to respond you begin again.

"There are at least two other issues I would like to speak with you on though," you say giving her a reassuring smile. "The first is a matter that I think falls squarely within your organization's purview. I've recently assisted a kami, Tomofuri-san, in rebuilding his shrine. Sadly during the years it was in disrepair worship of him as fallen off & only a few shrine goers visit him. I would to formally request on his behalf any assistance you can offer in helping to increase the number of people who attend & offer prayers to him.

"The second is something you've just touched on, namely the breakdown between the barrier between the supernatural & the mundane world albeit in reverse to the way you meant it. While it's easy to imagine someone involved in the supernatural breaking the masquerade by openly wielding their power in public, there are circumstances where they may not have much choice in the matter." You rise from the couch but remain close enough to rest one arm on it turning to turn to gaze through a nearby window your expression darkening as you recall the scene you came upon in that alleyway.

"For example the person who I mentioned explained your organization to me, Abe Kiyome-sempai, was recently assaulted by a gang of local thugs. While I was able to intervene, Kiyome-sempai was restricted in the options she could take without exposing her supernatural connections. There are many involved in the supernatural world I've met who wouldn't nearly show so much restraint as she did-"

You suppress a vicious chuckle as you think of how much of a lightshow & commotion Yang would have made if these lowlifes had tried to assault her. The laugh quickly turns to ashes in your throat as you imagine them attacking Asia. Your face tightens & you squeeze the couch arm harder. "And others who lack the disposition or ability to fight back. Better I think, to take steps to avoid the confrontation altogether."

You turn back to face Sayanomiya-san, the anger slowly fading from your features to be replaced by a cold predatory look.

"Towards that end I am rooting out local criminal organizations. One of them I am pursuing, the Snakes is sufficiently well organized that there's a risk, however minor, there will be some evidence of my use of my powers after I've dealt with them."

Your body language relaxes & the cold fury vanishes from your face, leaving no trace it was ever there. "I'd appreciate your assistance in covering up evidence of my actions against them & any other support you could offer on the matter."

megrisvernin said:
Better. But wow, by the sound of Issei is going all-out against mundane targets. Considering the power he wields, it's like declaring that he will murder them.

Alexander said:
Better. But wow, by the sound of Issei is going all-out against mundane targets. Considering the power he wields, it's like declaring that he will murder them.

:/. Oh dear. Hmm. I'll work on a less violent variant.

Updated Plan. Reducing the violence & making clear that Issei intends to limit the damage. Let me if this works Alexander. Since it's a bit different, I'd appreciate if other players would indicate if this still support this plan.

[] Plan Megris-Help for Tomofuri-san+the Snakes

Channeling [First Presence Excellency + Irresistible Salesman Spirit+ Channel Compassion]

As Sayanomiya-san's finishes you place your left arm under your chin allowing it to rest on couch's side as you clearly consider her words. You know far too little to commit at this time but you think being too dismissive might reduce the chance the History Compilation Committee might help in regards to Tomofuri-san or other matters. After a minute you begin, your voice resolute but allowing some regret to show on your features and a sympathetic tone to color your words.

"As far as associations go, I'm afraid I can't make that decision at that time Sayanomiya-san. There's still far too little I know of the supernatural for me to be comfortable at this stage to make that commitment. The same applies to this investigation you're asking of me. While I know of the Fallen Angel, Devil & Angelic factions my knowledge of them is still cursory & I'd want to know about any independent groups or supernatural individuals I might interact with during this fact finding search. If you could provide me with this information on the supernatural world & either a means to contact you or for you to return in a few days time I'd be prepared to inform you of my decision.

You pause for a moment as you shift your posture, leaning forward from the couch & interlacing your fingers together letting a thoughtful expression crossing your face. But before allowing Sayanomiya-san to respond you begin again.

"There are at least two other issues I would like to speak with you on though," you say giving her a reassuring smile. "The first is a matter that I think falls squarely within your organization's purview. I've recently assisted a kami, Tomofuri-san, in rebuilding his shrine. Sadly during the years it was in disrepair worship of him as fallen off & only a few shrine goers visit him. I would to formally request on his behalf any assistance you can offer in helping to increase the number of people who attend & offer prayers to him.

"The second is something you've just touched on, namely the breakdown between the barrier between the supernatural & the mundane world albeit in reverse to the way you meant it. While it's easy to imagine someone involved in the supernatural breaking the masquerade by openly wielding their power in public, there are circumstances where they may not have much choice in the matter." You rise from the couch but remain close enough to rest one arm on it turning to turn to gaze through a nearby window your expression darkening as you recall the scene you came upon in that alleyway.

"For example the person who I mentioned explained your organization to me, Abe Kiyome-sempai, was recently assaulted by a gang of local thugs. While I was able to intervene, Kiyome-sempai was restricted in the options she could take without exposing her supernatural connections. There are many involved in the supernatural world I've met who wouldn't nearly show so much restraint as she did-"

You suppress a vicious chuckle as you think of how much of a lightshow & commotion Yang would have made if these lowlifes had tried to assault her. The laugh quickly turns to ashes in your throat as you imagine them attacking Asia & the thought of more unnecessary violence makes you ill. You breathe deeply for a moment, before turning back to Sayanomiya-san no sign of the fierce expression remaining on your face. " And others who lack the disposition or ability to fight back. Better I think, to take steps to avoid such incidents altogether."

Towards that end I plan on raiding local criminal organizations, destroying any weapons they have leaving their leadership in police custody. I will be restraining myself to limit the amount of damage I inflict, collateral & personal, but one of them I am pursuing, the Snakes is well organized. There's risk, however minor, there will be some evidence of me using my powers from my scuffle with them. I'd appreciate your assistance in covering up evidence of my actions against them & any other support you could offer on the matter."

Is it really necessary to include the snake gang part? We can just end it after the Tomofuri portion. The rest seems forced , out of character for the easy-going Issei and over-dramatic.

The thugs who harassed Kiyome are dime a dozen. We can't realistically take any steps that ensure all beings involved in the supernatural gain protection from mundane thugs.It's not a problem for the History Compilation Committee to address , at least. We can take steps to keep our town relatively thug-free , that is all. But I never got the impression that Issei considered what happened to Kiyome in such a detailed way.

And I doubt Issei gave the Snake gang so much thought. He just wanted to play hero and picked a fight with them. It's a side project that he pursues when there is a relative lack of more pressing concerns. And the part about Asia makes him sound like a seriously overprotective dad more than anything. It's not like the gang ever met Asia or any other member of his harem. Flying into a rage by a scenario cooked by your own imagination and taking actions based on that may not be the best path to follow. If we are to eliminate all potential threats to Asia or anybody else , we'd probably have to destroy all the factions and a good chunk of humanity , by some logic or other.

A particularly chilling thought when you take into consideration the Great Curse.

Brandark said:
Is it really necessary to include the snake gang part? We can just end it after the Tomofuri portion. The rest seems forced , out of character for the easy-going Issei and over-dramatic.

The thugs who harassed Kiyome are dime a dozen. We can't realistically take any steps that ensure all beings involved in the supernatural gain protection from mundane thugs. We can take steps to keep our town relatively thug-free , that is all.

And I doubt Issei gave the Snake gang so much thought. He just wanted to play hero and picked a fight with them. It's a side project that he pursues when there is a relative lack of more pressing concerns. And the part about Asia makes him sound like a seriously overprotective dad more than anything. It's not like the gang ever met Asia or any other member of his harem. Flying into a rage by a scenario cooked by your own imagination and taking actions based on that may not be the best path to follow. If we are to eliminate all potential threats to Asia or anybody else , we'd probably have to destroy all the factions and a good chunk of humanity , by some logic or other.

A particularly chilling thought when you take into consideration the Great Curse.

Point. It does feel OC.

Two Variants then. The last modded one will be

Plan Megris-Help for Tomofuri-san + the Snakes

Below.

[] Plan Megris-Help for Tomofuri-san Only

"There is one other issue I would like to speak with you on though," you say giving her a reassuring smile. "The first is a matter that I think falls squarely within your organization's purview. I've recently assisted a kami, Tomofuri-san, in rebuilding his shrine. Sadly during the years it was in disrepair worship of him as fallen off & only a few shrine goers visit him. I would to formally request on his behalf any assistance you can offer in helping to increase the number of people who attend & offer prayers to him.

I'll abstain from voting which I'll support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back