• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I like this one.
[X] Plan Megris-Help for Tomofuri-san Only

[X]Dragon Body Hybrid
[X]Child of Mother Earth
[X]Deadly Dragoon Warrior
[X]Dragon's Might Technique x2
[X]Iron Fortitude
[X]Predator Reflexes

I like it. I will probably post after eight hours, this should give people enough time to vote.

If you make a vote count, don't forget to include the Dragon Knacks too.

[X] 2xDragon's Might Technique (Three -2 health levels each)
[X] Dragon Body Hybrid
[X] Child of Mother Earth
[X] Instincts of the Beast
[X] Predator Reflexes

The above for now, with some pbvious ones waiting until we get Stamina 3/4 and some more until we hit Essence 4, I also wonder if we will get more options as our Essence goes up, A Dragon Reactor Knack would be nice /laugh also it will be intresting if these knacks become more powerful as our Essence increases

Mainly because I don't think we need there help tracking down Snake and such, doing it ourselves will probably end up more worthwhile in the end.

Alexander said:
I like it. I will probably post after eight hours, this should give people enough time to vote.

If you make a vote count, don't forget to include the Dragon Knacks too.

Well all the votes for my former plan are invalid as it relies on a bad assumption. Presumably if there aren't any dissenting votes from now on, you can pick the Tomofuri-san variant without vote coting.

Xp Votes.

Votes total Knacks

Child of Mother Earth
noahgab1133, Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
Diller, noahgab1133, Brandark

Dragon's Breath
noahgab1133

Dragon Body Hybrid
noahgab1133, codeRR, Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos

Dragon's Might Technique
Diller, noahgab1133, codeRR,
-[X] Three -2 health levels
Eler0, EternitynChaos

X2
Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos

Infinite Factory of Life
noahgab1133

Instincts of the Beast
noahgab1133, EternitynChaos

Iron Fortitude
Diller, codeRR, Eler0, Brandark, megrisvernin

Predatory Focus
noahgab1133

Predator Reflexes
Diller, noahgab1133, codeRR, Eler0, Brandark, EternitynChaos

Prodigious Leap and Uplifting Might
codeRR

XP votes by Group

Diller
Dragon's might technique
Dragon body hybrid
Predator reflexes
For the reasons eler0 said.
Iron fortitude so we can train for longer periods of time.

Noahgab1133
Dragon Body Hybrid
Child of Mother Earth
Deadly Dragoon Warrior
Dragon's Might Technique
Dragon's Breath
Infinite Factory of Life
Predatory Focus
Instincts of the Beast
Predator Reflexes

codeRR
[X]Dragon Body Hybrid
[X]Dragon's Might Technique
[X]Predator Reflexes
[X] Prodigious Leap and Uplifting Might
[X]Iron Fortitude

Eler0
[X] Dragon Body Hybrid
[X] Dragon's Might Technique x2
-[X] Three -2 health levels
[X] Iron Fortitude
[X] Predator Reflexes

Brandark
[X]Dragon Body Hybrid
[X]Child of Mother Earth
[X]Deadly Dragoon Warrior
[X]Dragon's Might Technique x2
[X]Iron Fortitude
[X]Predator Reflexes

EternitynChaos
[X] 2xDragon's Might Technique (Three -2 health levels each)
[X] Dragon Body Hybrid
[X] Instincts of the Beast
[X] Predator Reflexes

megrisvernin
[X] Iron Fortitude

Votes so far...

[X] "Hmmm... while you make a compelling argument, I have no problem with the barrier between the supernatural and the mundane world disappearing, so, respectfully, you can stuff it."
# of Votes: 1
Supporters: Selias

# of Votes: 2
Supporters: Brandark, EternitynChaos

Hilariously I bet the DC for getting help for Tomofuri-san is low. But~ Alexander did have a high roll make a big impression on Mittelt & Asia. Let's see if we can get a good impression here~.

The knack votes have no leader. Everyone voted for a different combination. I suggest that Alexander only pick those items which have a majority of votes(at least 4 each with 7 votes casted) we can vote for more as we need them after all.

megrisvernin said:
Votes so far...

[X] "Hmmm... while you make a compelling argument, I have no problem with the barrier between the supernatural and the mundane world disappearing, so, respectfully, you can stuff it."
# of Votes: 1
Supporters: Selias

# of Votes: 2
Supporters: Brandark, EternitynChaos

Hilariously I bet the DC for getting help for Tomofuri-san is low. But~ Alexander did have a high roll make a big impression on Mittelt & Asia. Let's see if we can get a good impression here~.

The knack votes have no leader. Everyone voted for a different combination. I suggest that Alexander only pick those items which have a majority of votes(at least 4 each with 7 votes casted) we can vote for more as we need them after all.

I didn't vote for Predatory Focus.

About Tomofuri-san , we should be able to make a good impression. We are not asking for much , and what we are asking falls under their organisation's purview , as you said. It shows that we have some common interests , and instead of barging into their turf , we are showing them an appropriate amount of respect by bringing the matter to their attention.

All in all , a promising start. If things go this smoothly in the future as well , perhaps we can contact the Shinto pantheon sooner with the help of History Compilation Committee?

Brandark said:
I didn't vote for Predatory Focus.

About Tomofuri-san , we should be able to make a good impression. We are not asking for much , and what we are asking falls under their organisation's purview , as you said. It shows that we have some common interests , and instead of barging into their turf , we are showing them an appropriate amount of respect by bringing the matter to their attention.

All in all , a promising start. If things go this smoothly in the future as well , perhaps we can contact the Shinto pantheon sooner with the help of History Compilation Committee?

Adjusted. Probably duplicated it looking at Predator Reflexes.

I wouldn't mind. Having more potentially allies is useful. I do want Issei to build his own faction.

I think we should introduce Eiko at some point. Her kind's anti-devil attitude is well known & should reassure the History Compilation Committion of our independence.

Here is the list of Components for Spells. Hope it's okay.

So far so good.

megrisvernin said:
Adjusted. Probably duplicated it looking at Predator Reflexes.

I wouldn't mind. Having more potentially allies is useful. I do want Issei to build his own faction.

I think we should introduce Eiko at some point. Her kind's anti-devil attitude is well known & should reassure the History Compilation Committion of our independence.

Good idea.

Actually , if you look at Issei's companions and other associates from an outsider's perspective , it's got to be very puzzling. They are all over the place. So far we've got a fallen angel , a former nun , two powerful human sacred gear users and a yatagarasu. Not to mention we've got close ties with Rias , a high class devil , and have an amicable relation with Kiyome Abe , a beast tamer.

The recent REVEAL omake gives me an idea.

I can see some overly paranoid observer from History Compilation Committee assigned to watch us to determine our loyalties. After watching us for a while , he comes to the conclusion that our aim is to seduce a girl from every faction in the world. He submits this in his report , but is ignored by Sayanomiya Kaoru. After a time , we add Kaoru to our ever-growing list and confirm his suspicions. he leaks his report as a last ditch attempt to stop us. Cue us gaining a reputation in all hostile factions which boils down to "The Red Dragon Emperor is coming. Hide your women, lest you feed his army and make it grow."

Hmmmm, I wonder, once we get our Warform Knack *after we get Stamina 3* will we be able to get something like the Lunar Knack Beast-Power Concentration? that lets you have the enhanced stats and senses for the warform, but not the mutations while still looking normal? would be rather nice all things considered for when we don't want to look like a Half-Dragon from DnD3.5 /laugh

Eiko interrupt , huh? Which means casually showing that we have a yatagarasu familiar to a member of HCC , the organisation in charge of the supernatural side of Japan?

just-do-it.jpg

Brandark said:
Eiko interrupt , huh? Which means casually showing that we have a yatagarasu familiar to a member of HCC , the organisation in charge of the supernatural side of Japan?

nike-just-do-it.jpg
They've been observing us for a while so they probably know about her already.

Smuthunter said:
They've been observing us for a while so they probably know about her already.

They could ,but for maximum hilarity I'd rather they didn't. Besides , while they are aware of our Sekiryuutei status , they seem less knowledgeable about our relationships , and Eiko is a fairly recent addition.

Kaoru's surprised reaction when (s)he sees Eiko would be gold.

Alexander said:
Smuthunter handled the true meaning of Sacrifice well. I have nothing else to add.
Did you notice my comment on this topic? I don't disagree with Smuthunter's general description of the trial, but again the sacrifice only requires a transformation in the sorcerer from the sacrifice. The sacrifice need not be a positive trait, or harm the sorcerer.

You're right, but this being a rpg I need numerical values. Something has to give.
Would you at least consider waiving the dice roll to successfully cast the spell, given the extended roll required to learn them? Spell failure chance is D&D, not DxD (or Exalted).

As far as the knacks, let's first list those for which we do not meet the prereqs. Anyone who is currently voting for these should alter their choices. A bit disappointing to see so many depend upon Stamina, given how useless it is otherwise.

Deadly Dragoon Warrior - Stamina 3.
Hurl to the Horizon - Strength 3.
Swords are Useless - Stamina 3.
Inner Furnace - Stamina 3.
Infinite Factory of Life - Stamina 4.
Predatory Focus - Perception 3.

This means we are only eligible for the following:

Dragon Body Hybrid
Child of Mother Earth
Dragon's Might Technique (Can be Repurchased)
Dragon's Breath
Prodigious Leap (Can be Repurchased)
Uplifting Might (Can be Repurchased)
Lightning Sprinter (Can be Repurchased)
Iron Fortitude (Can be Repurchased)
Instincts of the Beast
Predator Reflexes

That is a total of 10 knacks, 5 of which can be purchased multiple times (though we are uncertain if repurchases have higher prereqs).

Knacks:

[X] Dragon Body Hybrid
[X] Dragon's Might Technique
- Three -2 Health Levels
[X] Dragon's Might Technique
- Two -1 Health Levels
[X] Lightning Sprinter
[X] Iron Fortitude
[X] Predator Reflexes
[X] Reserved
[X] Reserved

The basic dragon shapeshifting, along with an enhanced resistance to fire and the upcoming Raiser arc, extra health levels, mobility enhancers for when we don't want wings, sleep reduced to about 4 hours a week, and a surprise negator. The health levels here are far better than wasting a charm (Ox Body Technique) on them, and survivability will be very important considering that attacks in Exalted tend to overpower defenses and the huge power differences between newly Exalted Issei and the upper tier foes we will soon be facing.

Dragon Breath is covered to a certain extent by Dragon Wave, and likewise with Prodigious Leaper and our charm Monkey Leap Technique.

We're already halfway done with our training for Stamina 3, we should leave some Knack slots for that.

Indrik said:
Would you at least consider waving the dice roll to successfully cast the spell, given the extended roll required to learn them? Spell failure chance is D&D, not DxD (or Exalted).
If the difference between number of dices and difficulty is great, sure.

[X] no knacks for now, keep that for later.

The knack problem.....I think we should cut it down to the knacks with the most votes and go from there.

And we do have the save option but I kinda want to use at least some of the knacks

Eler0 said:
We're already halfway done with our training for Stamina 3, we should leave some Knack slots for that.

Ah, true. Of the Stamina 3 knacks, Deadly Dragoon Warrior is best, followed by Swords are Useless, and Inner Furnace is highly situational at best. I'll leave open a slot or two. Vote revised.

And, Alexander, you're clearly ignoring my comments on the Trial of Sacrifice, so I'll leave it be. Just please keep what I've said in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back