• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Fists of the Daystar form => heaven Thunder Hammer, Hero Text on Form lets you buy it after getting Fist of Iron, you can still buy via normal prerequisites as well so that means you can still get to HTH from FotDF ^^;

HTH
Heaven Thunder Hammer
Cost: - (3m); Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Hero, Obvious
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Fist of the Daystar Form

The fury of the Dawn scatters enemies like leaves before a storm. This Charm improves Sledgehammer Fist Punch. Whenever an attack enhanced by Sledgehammer Fist Punch hits, the pugilist may pay 3 motes reflexively in Step 7 to blow her target away, inflicting knockback equal to one yard for each point of raw damage, halved for vertical, to a maximum of (Martial Arts x10) yards. Targets that strike a surface take one die of bashing damage for each yard they would otherwise have traveled. This damage is piercing, and may also be lethal (or worse) if the surface is hard or sharp. Damage incurred by impacting a wall of soulsteel spikes, for example, would be both lethal and piercing. Regardless of distance traveled, the target is also rendered prone.

Hero: A Solar Exalt may choose to hammer her opponents to pulp rather than blow them away. Any vector of travel is considered valid, including straight down into the ground. In addition, the Charm calculates impact damage as if the target had traveled no distance upon landing, regardless of the actual distance traveled, ensuring the target always takes maximum damage. The prerequisite is Sledgehammer Fist Punch.

and Fist of the Daystar form hero text
Hero: For a Solar Exalt, this Charm is Combo-OK. It is activated as a Reflexive (Step 1) Charm instead of Simple. In addition, the Solar adds Essence to raw damage when using the Charm's activated power on top of the overflow success doubling. The prerequisite is Fists of Iron Technique. At Essence 5, this Charm no longer counts towards the number of Form-type Charms the Solar may have active at any given time.

one of the things solars can get is a diffrent set of prereqs for charms via Hero text for FotDS which lets you buy up stuff in a diffrent order

That sounds like a hint that we're going to wind up spending a charm to unlock Balance Breaker in this fight.

EternitynChaos said:
read the hero text

HTH
and Fist of the Daystar form hero text
one of the things solars can get is a diffrent set of prereqs for charms via Hero text for FotDS which lets you buy up stuff in a diffrent order
Uh, I should pay more attention. But you still need Sledgehammer Fist Punch for Heaven Thunder Hammer.
Smuthunter said:
That sounds like a hint that we're going to wind up spending a charm to unlock Balance Breaker in this fight.
No.

It's just that it already happened that you players spent BS/Xp on shinies, so I decided to make every time double sure you're okay with your decisions, so you can't complain later.

EternitynChaos said:
[X] Active boosted gear, Fist of the Daystar form, Fist of Iron and Orichalcum Fists of Battle, attack Raiser with a full strength max dice from 1st martial arts excellency, channel compassion, and thunder hammer him out the window so we don't burn down Ria's place, if people see, such is life, change to warform before heading out and follow after.
Why not change into warform before we punch him? The increased Dexterity means we can buy more dice with the Excellency and the increased Strength means more damage.

More importantly, Fist of the Daystar Form isn't compatible with inhuman body types, meaning we can't use it in our warform.

Inhuman means we can't use our solar charms with it like Queen Kutulu or whatever her name was, bladed tentacles and shit, not Warform, or Alexander would have said

Alexander said:
Uh, I should pay more attention. But you still need Sledgehammer Fist Punch for Heaven Thunder Hammer.No.

It's just that it already happened that you players spent BS/Xp on shinies, so I decided to make every time double sure you're okay with your decisions, so you can't complain later.

I thought we were playing on easy mode not hard?

wait....how large are we in war form? Cause with lunars a normal war form is pretty tall unless you get certain mutations

I ask this for the reason....if he goes flying out and we're in war form we are ether stuck in the room or have to break down the wall to go after him.

And the room would be a bit small for us (assuming were large as I think we are) to punch him if we change first

Last edited by a moderator:
Eler0 said:
Why not change into warform before we punch him? The increased Dexterity means we can buy more dice with the Excellency and the increased Strength means more damage.

mostly because its heat of the moment and it's not an instant change I don't think, while going out in it keeps us from automatically being recognized as Issei, but give us advantages, its mostly for timing reasons and in character reasons, all the charms activated are reflexive for example, also because I'm trying to do as little damage to the place as possible, changing while we go out the window means less damage to the place and all that.

Hardmode means things like we get Infernals working against us, and Yandere Luners working 'For' us and such, trust me, this IS easy

EternitynChaos said:
mostly because its heat of the moment and it's not an instant change I don't think, while going out in it keeps us from automatically being recognized as Issei, but give us advantages, its mostly for timing reasons and in character reasons, all the charms activated are reflexive for example, also because I'm trying to do as little damage to the place as possible, changing while we go out the window means less damage to the place and all that.
If it works like Lunar shapeshifting then it should be a miscellaneous actions, meaning we can flurry it with the punch, giving us a -3 multiple actions penalty on the punch but giving us +4 Accuracy from Dex and +2L from Strength.

I mean considering our dicepool it's not much, but I thought I should mention it.

Last edited by a moderator:
its mostly a stylistic thing, plus this way we get to at least punch his face off as a Human first before caving it in as a Dragon ^^

Regardless of whether we go with Eternity's plan or not, I second picking up Orichalcum Fists of Battle. +5 accuracy and damage on our punches plus perpetual holy damage whenever we want it is kind a really big and really useful boost, and the ability to stunt our anima displays so that the faces of our loves ones appear reflected in our anima banner is really cool.

My main issue is that he apparently decide to up the exp cost for no reason.

Yeah, its the kinda thing that says congrats fried chicken, you just went and woke up a Dragon Demi-God, and while he's a God of Kindness and Compassion, you just threatened those he holds dear, bend over boy, here it comes.

hmm, nope, FotDS is 8xp for all solars, as it counts as Favoured for them always, I think, I'll go look for when we got Fists of Iron, yep Fists of Iron and Fist Occult Excellency cost us 16xp, thats 8xp each, so its favour charm costs

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=563.msg82319#msg82319

EternitynChaos said:
Yeah, its the kinda thing that says congrats fried chicken, you just went and woke up a Dragon Demi-God, and while he's a God of Kindness and Compassion, you just threatened those he holds dear, bend over boy, here it comes.

hmm, nope, FotDS is 8xp for all solars, as it counts as Favoured for them always

Let's go simpler. This is an opening move, not a full scale battleplan. We're running on aggression so plans too advanced don't make sense IC.

What's the nastiest sucker punch we can hit this guy with? Fist of the Daystar?

thats a damn good stunt Smut, yoink and best of all it can work with both ideas ^^; nice work

What XP spending are we doing in EternitynChaos's plan?
Aren't we paying double for battlefield purchases?

no, there is no double xp cost, we just need to do some training after to work out the kinks *to get the time needed to learn the charms worked off* afterwards

total cost is 24xp, putting us at -3xp debts, we can debt buy up to 3 charms worth of xp which is 30xp, so we are fine for that.

Experience:
Current: 21 Xp
Total acquired: 147 Xp
Xp/Training debt for Charms

Sometimes you need a Charm to get outside a dangerous situation, but you don't have the time or the Xp required? This feature will enable you to acquire a Charm instantly, but you will get into debt: all the Xp you gain go to it until the cost is met and your free time will be dedicated to the skipped training (In-Game Issei will work out the kinks of it), again until the cost is met.

This works only for Charms: you can't raise Attributes and Abilities this way. Also, you can't learn a Charm if you don't meet the requirements.

The maximum number of Charms that can be under debt is: 3

EternitynChaos said:
no, there is no double xp cost, we just need to do some training after to work out the kinks *to get the time needed to learn the charms worked off* afterwards

total cost is 24xp, putting us at -3xp debts, we can debt buy up to 3 charms worth of xp which is 30xp, so we are fine for that.
Eternity, please remember that going into EXP debt is for emergencies only. Alex gave you a warning about this. Please pay attention when he does things like that instead of just brushing them off.

No.

I'm not brushing it off Smut, I have put more then a little thought into what I have written for us to purchase, if others don't agree with it then we won't get them and I'm more then fine with that, honestly if Raiser hadn't shown up when he had I'd still be trying to get us to get E4 first then our training charm, but there you go, Raiser's here and we need to put him through a window

EternitynChaos said:
I'm not brushing it off Smut, I have put more then a little thought into what I have written for us to purchase
You're spending those purchases on frivolous things that we don't strictly need right now. What we need to do is wait and see how Raiser fights before we sink all of our EXP into "punch harder" power-ups. I gave you OFoB because it was one charm that we already qualify for and it gives us a major power boost, but I'm not giving you any of the others when we might need them for something else.

/sigh Ok, fine fine, I'll mod my write in and remove the HTH, I'm keeping the form charm however, its bloody useful >.< and its about time we actually got one, and that still leaves us some xp, and a spare charm slot is we really need it.

I suppose that's the best I'm going to get out of you. Be that way, but if we're getting the form then I withdraw my support for OFoB.

"Someone's dying, we need a Medicine charm to stabilize her" is an emergency worth going into EXP debt for. "The bad guy took a hostage, we need Hypnotic Tongue Technique" is an emergency worth going into EXP debt for. "We need to punch Raiser in the face harder than we already can" is not an emergency, period.

Smuthunter said:
I suppose that's the best I'm going to get out of you. Be that way, but if we're getting the form then I withdraw my support for OFoB.

"Someone's dying, we need a Medicine charm to stabilize her" is an emergency worth going into EXP debt for. "The bad guy took a hostage, we need Hypnotic Tongue Technique" is an emergency worth going into EXP debt for. "We need to punch Raiser in the face harder than we already can" is not an emergency, period.

Wait I though buying all 3 charms would put us in exp debt.Eternity's revised plan has us buying just two charms so we should have some exp left and no exp debt.

We should definitely get OFoB, it's a free +5 to damage and accuracy and aggravated damage.
We've been warned about not taking Raiser serious, we shouldn't wait with buying charms until it looks like we're losing.

[X] Plan Eternity
--[X] Smuthunter stunt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back