• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Diller said:
Wait I though buying all 3 charms would put us in exp debt.Eternity's revised plan has us buying just two charms so we should have some exp left and no exp debt.
...I think Eternity and I might be talking past each other. Looking at what he quoted, it says we can go up to three charms into debt. But can we also instantly buy charms that we have EXP to pay for?

If we're just spending the 20-something EXP that we have stockpiled then I have no problem with it. I just don't want those emergency charms to get burned up and then not be there if we encounter an unexpected situation that Alex is obliquely warning us to be ready for, like if bystanders get caught in the crossfire or something.

^^; it wouldn't be the first time we have done that Smut,

we have enough xp to buy the charms we are getting in my write in, as for training time, we have been working on FotDS for ages, so that is probably fine, but if its not we still have one slot free if we need another charm, there are no charms that aren't beyond us anyway *3+ charms deep or with to high requirements* that we are likely to need, except one charm buys, like HTT for example, which needs Presence Excellency which we have already. and if we need medical charms we are shit out of luck as we can't debt buy them with no dots in medicine yo

Actually we can get five total. Cause we can only go three charms into exp debt. We have enough exp to get two with out going into exp debt. It's only when we get the third that we go into it.

ah, right. Coolies well that makes things much more comfortable then

Nothing wrong with a docile and devoted wife... as long as it's her decision to become that.

Edit: Why the hell didn't my browser show me page 45 and 46?

[X] Plan Eternity
--[X] Smuthunter stunt

[X]Cow the beast
-[X]The light of your soul explodes from out of you as you charge your foe. You see his reflexive contemptous guard raising to his face only to be useless as your true blow seeks his sunspot. There is but one beast to be cowed here, and it is not you.
[X]First Melee Excellency
[X]Fist of Iron,
[X]Solar Castigating Judgement
[X]Solar Hero Form

EternitynChaos said:
/sigh Ok, fine fine, I'll mod my write in and remove the HTH, I'm keeping the form charm however, its bloody useful >.< and its about time we actually got one, and that still leaves us some xp, and a spare charm slot is we really need it.
I'd like to repeat what smuthunter's said: Fist of the Daystar Form is incompatible with non-human forms.

I quote:
. It is compatible with armour, but not compatible with inhuman natural weapons or body patterns, such as the shape of a tyrant lizard or mutation-produced razor-spiked tentacles

we do not turn into a dragon with it, we turn into a man with dragon mutations, Alexander has not said we couldn't use it together, if we couldn't, learning martial arts would have been a complete waste of time and xp, I repeat we are not a dragon, we are a man with a dragons head wings and tail, but we still have the basic 2 arms and legs that make up the human shape so we are fine. Because, it that's the case its not the form charm that suffers from that its ALL the Fist of the Daystar Charms.

EternitynChaos said:
we do not turn into a dragon with it, we turn into a man with dragon mutations, Alexander has not said we couldn't use it together, if we couldn't learning martial arts would have been a complete waste of time and xp, I repeat we are not a dragon, we are a man with a dragons head wings and tail, but we still have the basic 2 arms and legs that make up the human shape so we are fine.
So do Tyrant Lizards, but they're not compatible. And I would like to point out that it has wings and a tail, blatantly inhuman body characteristics.

Likewise, in that form, we have claws and fangs. Which are incompatible with the style.

No matter how you look at it, we can't combine that two.

Now, we can use the other charms with it, but the Form charm cannot be used it, or with a few of Dragon Body Hybrid's options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyrant Lizards = T-Rex

the tiny little arms make it kinda hard to kung fu someone all proper like, I would also like it note I don't have us shifting into dragon form until he's outside the room, so if it turns out that you are correct and Alexander has mislead us in this *I don't believe he would do so, but you never know* we will still be able to adjust our plans as needed

And no, its the whole style that the body shape thing is part of, its at the top of the page not in the form text

The Charm cascade beginning with Fists of Iron Technique is considered a tree of native Solar Charms for Solar Exalted. It is considered a Celestial Martial Arts Style to non-Solars, named Fist of the Daystar Style by the Five-Score Fellowship during the Primordial War. Its form weapons are punch, kick, clinch and any brawling aids (or their artifact equivalents) that function along similar principles, such as fighting gauntlets, khatars, iron boots and spiked harnesses, as well as improvised weapons. It is compatible with armour, but not compatible with inhuman natural weapons or body patterns, such as the shape of a tyrant lizard or mutation-produced razor-spiked tentacles. All repurchases and expansions are native Solar Charms and are inaccessible to characters learning this style as a Celestial Martial Art. They are not required in order to complete the style.

from here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1ZfsnGx84VLujoKLucctqgTeGto0QKaGCIc2s6vz8Q/edit?pli=1#

while the form charm is this

Fist of the Daystar Form
Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 3, DV -1)
Keywords: Form-type, Obvious, Hero
Duration: Scene
Prerequisites: Sledgehammer Fist Punch, Dragon Coil Technique

The pugilist suffuses her body with the Essence of the Sun. She becomes a paragon of strength and skill, radiant with the power of a legendary hero returned. She may reflexively spend 1 mote in Step 7 to count bonus successes on her unarmed Martial Arts attack rolls twice for the purposes of damage.

Dynamic Form Transition: Fist of the Daystar Form may be activated reflexively as an Innate Ability if any of the following conditions are met. Extras do not meet the activation conditions under any circumstances, as they are inherently unworthy opponents.
- the pugilist successfully inflicts knockdown or knockback with an unarmed Martial Arts attack against a resisting opponent.
- the pugilist successfully wins a clinch control roll against a resisting opponent and elects to crush or throw.

Hero: For a Solar Exalt, this Charm is Combo-OK. It is activated as a Reflexive (Step 1) Charm instead of Simple. In addition, the Solar adds Essence to raw damage when using the Charm's activated power on top of the overflow success doubling. The prerequisite is Fists of Iron Technique. At Essence 5, this Charm no longer counts towards the number of Form-type Charms the Solar may have active at any given time.

EternitynChaos said:
Tyrant Lizards = T-Rex

the tiny little arms make it kinda hard to kung fu someone all proper like
You're ignoring his point. A tail is inhuman. Wings are inhuman. Fangs and claws are inhuman. If we turn into something that has any of those we have altered our form to become something that is not human.

The question is where you draw the line and no longer count someone as human. Could the UCS not use it because he has 4 arms? What about the winged humans created by Solars in the First Age (They're human enough to exalt)? What if a human had replaced his arm with a mechanical arm?
I think the intention is that you can't use it when you're not humanoid (which is why the examples given are tentacles and t-rex form) and as long as you're standing upright and attack with punches and kicks you're fine.

some edits done on my comment, and as I said, I think if Alexander was going to punish us for something like that we wouldn't be here in the first place, and he didn't make any comment about it previous to his logging for the night.

And the tail is cosmetic, we are not using it to attack, or the wings for that matter, or the claws, or teeth, we are punching and kicking the crap out of bird boy

Also he would have said something as well. We do got the common sense trait.

How about we ask one of the creators of the style? You can find Sojiko over at SpaceBattles.

BFldyq said:
I'd like to repeat what smuthunter's said: Fist of the Daystar Form is incompatible with non-human forms.

I quote:

... what? ??? Are you high? All we are doing is adding wings and a tail to the base body pattern which isn't enough to trigger that since we are still keeping our legs and arms mostly the same. A punch is a punch, a kick a kick and a clinch a clinch. We can't use our tail to attack, nor our wings since but we wouldn't do that anyways. The tail is purely cosmetic. The wings I wouldn't want to risk harmed, we aren't biting him. All we are going to do is punch and kick the crap out of him, maybe clinch him from a distance if we can.

Most damning of all is we have the common sense trait and Alexander has said nothing about it not being able to work.

:edit:
Ninja's ninja's everywhere. Also asking the creator is irrelevant. This is Alexanders quest, not the creator of the style's.

Fellgar said:
:edit:
Ninja's ninja's everywhere. Also asking the creator is irrelevant. This is Alexanders quest, not the creator of the style's.
But it does help clarify what they meant.

Caught up with this in the nick of time. This moment has been a long time coming.

[X] Plan Eternity
--[X] Smuthunter stunt

[X] Plan Eternity
--[X] Smuthunter stunt

looks like you all forgot what our war form looks like -_-

16m69mv.jpg

we can fight like a human, the dragon traits are enhancing our damage and lethality as well as durability.

we should have a style for full dragon something that invokes the gracefulness of savagery like those animals shows about predators or something about dominance since that is what dragons embody and excellence since that is what solar is. excellence in domination?

noahgab1133 said:
[X] Plan Eternity
--[X] Smuthunter stunt

looks like you all forgot what our war form looks like -_-

16m69mv.jpg

we can fight like a human, the dragon traits are enhancing our damage and lethality as well as durability.

we should have a style for full dragon something that invokes the gracefulness of savagery like those animals shows about predators or something about dominance since that is what dragons embody and excellence since that is what solar is. excellence in domination?

I thought this was going to be our BB armor?

Or am I remembering it wrong?

I kinda want to use Castigating Solar Judgement to make our attacks "Super-Effective" against him by default then light him on fire.

Holy-fire should bypass fire-resistance, right?

probably not the most effective way to fight, but i want to burn the phoenix for Morale reasons.

I recall someone mentioning that he's already a "creature of darkness" before, but i'm not sure if that matters for us.

i mean, in DxD white (holy) beats black (demonic/devil power) but while raiser counts as "Black" we don't actually have real "White mana" style holy power. (as we aren't actually associated with the White God)

We have Sol Invictus flavoured GOLD which beats anything designated "Dark" by the solar or by Sol himself.

so... Sol is basically the analogue of god, and we (as one who uses his essence/exaltations) would be the same as an angel, but because whatever the DXD God did to devils to make them weak to sunlight and holy powers (probably an epic version of castigating judgement, one that is species wide, permanent and inheritable) has nothing to do with Solars, would our "Golden holy element" even trigger that, or would we need to "judge" them as evil ourselves?

TLDR, is our version of "Holy damage" compatible with the DxD version, or do we need to Judge them as "evil" ourselves (instead of just using Gods judgement)

i think its compatible.

That was answered really damn early in the quest. All Devils and Fallen Angels qualify for our Holy attacks.

Smuthunter said:
Meh. Still not nearly as cool as the original thing.

Our BB armor is probably original design so that at least will still look as cool

Least Devotee said:
That was answered really damn early in the quest. All Devils and Fallen Angels qualify for our Holy attacks.

Yeah we gave both Doña and Raynare aggravated damage with our holy attacks.

Our exalt looked at DXD Heaven's shitlist and copied it for the type of beings affected by our holy attacks.

Diller said:
Our BB armor is probably original design so that at least will still look as cool

Yeah we gave both Doña and Raynare aggravated damage with our holy attacks.

Our exalt looked at DXD Heaven's shitlist and copied it for the type of beings affected by our holy attacks.

Didn't we use solar judgement on both of those people?

it just seems a little cheap is all, why would our exaltation do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back