• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Finish training our charms, then Hell training with Bright Sensei to raise our Essence

[X] Finish training our charms, then Hell training with Bright Sensei to raise our Essence

Unelemental said:
So the draconic answer of MORE POWER won't be enough? :(
Maybe, but like I said: don't abuse and don't rely on it too much.

Every decision I made is to balance things for Issei, who lives in a world full of people, lacking for the major part Reality-bending powers, goes for "More damage".

That and Artifact N/A (Boosted Gear) which got connected to a Solar Exaltation.

And Ddraig, which is comparable to a Third Circle Demon if you really want to compare him to something in Exalted.

Alexander said:
Ten long seconds (Ticks) of complete "Fuck you" as super hot plasma ripped you apart atom per atom. With damage repeated every Tick.

Ruvel made the spell thinking: "What does it take to kill a Phoenix like me?". Hence the name "Execution Rebirth".
Damn, that'd kill damn near any non-Elder Solar.

[X] Finish training our charms, then Hell training with Bright Sensei.

I figure that Bright probably has as good an idea of what we need to learn as we do.

I hope we get an invite from Tannin to train. Not only do we get training for war form, but our human form too. Also i want dragons breath XD

Last edited by a moderator:
So for my own amusement I decided to make a summary of our charm list

Integrity-Protecting Prana - personal anti-'bad touch'
First Presence Excellency - social enhancer
Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment - attack/social enhancer
Durability of Oak Meditation - defensive charm
Spirit Strengthens The Skin - defensive charm
Iron Skin Concentration - defensive charm
Second Craft Excellency - base craft charm
Object-Strengthening Touch - craft charm
Durability-Enhancing Technique - craft charm
Monkey Leap Technique - movement enhancer
Dragon Wave - ranged attack
Adamant Skin Technique - perfect soak
Irresistible Salesman Spirit - social enhancer
First Martial Arts Excellency - combat enhancer
Soaring Whirlwind Sprint - defense/movement enhancer
Dragon Essence Domination - personal enlightenment
Fists of Iron Technique - combat enhancer
Orichalcum Fists of Battle - combat enhancer
First Occult Excellency - knowledge/magic charm
Fist of the Daystar Form - combat enhancer

so that's 6 combat charms, 6 defense charms, 3 social charms, 3 craft charms, 2 movement charms, 1 magic charm and 1 enlightenment charm.

Considering we were originally more of a magic/craft/social character we've managed to become a decent combat monster.

I wonder if we'll ever use our craft charms. So far we've been far to busy punching people and training how to better punch people.

We used to Excellency to cook once I think. That said when we make our own versions of the Evil Pieces or convert our Demesnes to Manses we'll get plenty of use out of them.

Alexander said:
When it's full.

Don't get too used on having always a lot of motes: a time will come when you will need to economize like any other Exalt.

No I mean at the time' we had 80 some odd amount of motes if you combine both pools.

you don't combine them, one half is for offensive use, one half is for defensive powers, that can't be cross matched, its the whole reason they are called Offensive and Defensive Overdrive Pools

Honestly the best way to get out of that attack would have been to use the Wind Sprint, using Adamant Skin to tank any damage we took that tick and hoping that got us far enough away so we were out of range, if not, repeat as needed and pray we didn't run out of motes

Couldn't we just move away from the extremely hot plasma after the first tick? We're very fast when we dive.

EternitynChaos said:
you don't combine them, one half is for offensive use, one half is for defensive powers, that can't be cross matched, its the whole reason they are called Offensive and Defensive Overdrive Pools

Honestly the best way to get out of that attack would have been to use the Wind Sprint, using Adamant Skin to tank any damage we took that tick and hoping that got us far enough away so we were out of range, if not, repeat as needed and pray we didn't run out of motes

Nope one is normal extra notes and the other is specced for defensive uses only... Unless Alex retconned the first overdrive pools function?

Fellgar said:
Nope one is normal extra notes and the other is specced for defensive uses only... Unless Alex retconned the first overdrive pools function?
Unless explicitly mentioned otherwise all overdrive pools can only be used for offensive charms.

Edit: here's the exact definition of an overdrive charm:
Overdrive: Charms with this Keyword create a temporary pool of Peripheral Essence, which can only be filled by terms outlined in the text of the Charm. Motes in these pools may only be used to activate offensive Charms with a duration of One action or less. Charms whose mote cost are paid for entirely from a character's Overdrive pool do not count as Charm activations, but must obey normal Combo rules if used in conjunction with other Charms. Other restrictions may be present in the text of the Charm. Motes gathered into the pools created by Overdrive Charms dissipate at the end of the scene, barring additional Charms to prolong their existence. Temporary mote pools created by the Overdrive keyword share their motes and stack together to determine the storage capacity of the overall pool. This Overdrive pool may store no more than 25 motes, regardless of the size of the pool generated by individual Charms with the Overdrive keyword.

nightblade said:
No they can't. One can be used for offense and another for defense.

...that's what it means but explicitly mentioned otherwise nightblade

Also I've always houseruled that stupid 25 mote limit out of existence, its stupid and I hate it, just like increasing the costs of the perfect defence, but that's something completely different

Least Devotee said:
Unless explicitly mentioned otherwise all overdrive pools can only be used for offensive charms.

Yeah. This is part of the description:
When activated with a miscellaneous action the Boosted Gear creates an Overdrive Pool of Essence. The motes from it can only be used offensively.

Edit: here's the exact definition of an overdrive charm:
Boosted Gear doesn't follow those exact rules because...Artifact N/A. Yeah, that's it.

Alexander said:
Yeah. This is part of the description:
Yep, was just pointing it out to people who seem to have forgotten what we can actually do.
Boosted Gear doesn't follow those exact rules because...Artifact N/A. Yeah, that's it.
Indeed, Artifact N/A be hax as fuck yo. There be reasons you can't get 'em at chargen by RAW. Such a cheatin bastard our Issei be.

Lets get some

[X] sledgehammer fist punch/Pillar Breaking Blow

so we can get the next charm in the tree (Heaven Thunder Hammer) and start playing Pinball with our enemies.

Not sure if I should be annoyed that someone like Raiser gave us that much trouble.

[X] Finish training our charms, then Hell training with Bright Sensei.

EVA-Saiyajin said:
Not sure if I should be annoyed that someone like Raiser gave us that much trouble.
Look at it this way: canon Raiser didn't take Issei seriously and was crippled by getting punched with a cross and splashed with boosted holy water.

Our Raiser got set on fire every time we hit him and kept getting up regardless. He still didn't take us seriously at first, but when he did he pulled out all the stops up to and including legendary forbidden techniques that would kill almost anything in Creation in a single blow. He's a lot stronger than that other guy who got his ass kicked in the anime.

Alex is well and truly asleep, but from what he's said I believe he's read the light novels, yes

If this is a view of things to come I can't wait to fight with vali and kokabiel. Those times we will have allies to further increase the GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT we are known for. Also any chance we will run into the last two magnus wielders?

From previous comments we will be meeting at least two more Magnus wielders. Remember each of the Horsemen had multiple Sacred Gears and all of the Gears are collectively the Magnus.

Least Devotee said:
From previous comments we will be meeting at least two more Magnus wielders. Remember each of the Horsemen had multiple Sacred Gears and all of the Gears are collectively the Magnus.

They're also going to be Weiss and Blake. On that multiple scared gear thing I wonder if Azarael will do with the girls like he did with the vritra scared gears for Saji and put each repesctive horsemen scared gears into them to complete their sets.

You know, Issei saw Odin as a threat...yet Odin didn't really seem to display superhuman abilities in the manga. Great skill, yes, but physically, he seemed more along the lines of high human or peak human capabilities.

An invitation for a month in Tannin's territory would increase our dragon swag, which should be the classic fire breathe, parry using dragon wings and tail whip, maybe "How to make a secret treasure stash?".
When we meet Gasper I'm sure Issei would try to teach him how to "ZA WARUDO!!!" and then somehow make a Stand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back